Interactive fanfiction "A Brave New World" [FINISHED]

Comments

• I'm betting right when gregory wakes everyone up and find that there's no problem anymore they're gonna be mad but fuck it [Go to wake everyone up]

• Stay and help the otgers. I think is a trap...

• [Go to wake everyone up]

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 1/6] I looked at the bright moon shining in the sky. The nights are becoming shorter and shorter each da

• "I feel like one pound of shit in a five pound sack". I see what you did there ;)

[Go to wake everyone up]

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 1/6] I looked at the bright moon shining in the sky. The nights are becoming shorter and shorter each da

• [Go wake everyone up]

Wow, it was kinda smart move from walkers, attacking in the middle of the night, when enemy is tired and sleepy. Good job, zombies! (I can't believe I said that)

• edited June 2014

[Go wake everyone up.]

• [Go wake everyone up]

• The voting is closed! Gregory will [go to wake everyone up]. I already wrote the chapter, so I'll post right now. From now on, there will be one chapter a day until I get back home.

• edited July 2014

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 2/6]

(?) You chose to go and wake everyone up.

"Try to hold out! I'll get back soon!" I yelled to them and ran back to the main street of Willowdale.

And when I stopped, a sudden realization came - how can I wake everyone up? I could try something very noisy. It could be effective, but at the same it's very dangerous. A lot of noise can attract other creepers from the forest. Perhaps I must knock on every door? But it'll take too much time. If only everyone who was awaken already would help me with the others... Moans and shots behind me told me that I should think faster. I desperately looked around. Few lights in the windows were already turned on. Someone already woke up! I must ask them for help! I saw Tess coming out with a scared, but sleepy look.

"What... what is going on?" she asked me.

"Creepers are attacking! Help me to warn everybody!" I yelled. Tess nodded and grabbed her knife.

More people were awake after they heard noises of a fight. But I still ran to the other housings and tried to make sure that everyone knows what is going on. While people packed their weapons, I ran to the barricade to see how are they doing. I was glad when I found out that they are still alive. But there's no time for the emotions. I must help them!

I took out my gun and started shooting all the monsters my bullets could reach. The crowd became a little bit smaller, but I saw a few of them coming from the forest. There's no way we can beat them until we will barricade everything that left. And all the remaining wooden boards were too weak for sure. Scary creeks didn't stop and the louder they became, the bigger was the chance that they'll fall down soon. Most of the people approached all this mess of creepers and humans and continued this massacre. New creepers from the forest weren't enough to make the crowd as big as it was before. It means that we still have chances. But honestly, when you are fighting for your life, that's the last thing to think about.

I quickly checked my gun while there weren't so many creepers around me. I have only two bullets left. Oh no! There's no way I can make it out with only two bullets! I have to find someone I can unite with. Right after I thought about this, me and Devyn bumped into eachother's backs. She shivered and turned around, pointing her dagger at me. But once she realized that it's me, she sighed and smiled.

"Man, you scared me. Everything's okay?" she asked.

"Not really. I have only two bullets left!" I yelled so she could hear me behind all the groans, creeks and screams. Screams. Is someone hurt?

"Sorry, bro, I don't have anything except my dagger. Try to fight with you bare hands and don't use your bullets if it's not too necessary!" she replied. I nodded. The plan sounded very risky, but did I have anything else to do?

I saw how Kami, Matthew, Brendon and Travis tried to barricade the hole, even though they could get bitten any second. Right now it could've been better to barricade all that remains from the fence, because it promised to fall very soon. I was near it, but the creepers blocked the path. Each time I walked farther and farther from Devyn, but didn't notice it so soon. When found out that we're almost separated, I realized that I'm doomed. Only two bullets left, Gregory, only two bullets left!

And my thought about the fence was right. It tilted down and down by the pressure from the other side and it couldn't take it anymore. The boards crashed down, making a free path to the creepers. Everyone who tried to barricade the hole somehow did it, but the bigger hole destroyed their plans. Now we had to deal with it before things will get worse. If only they can get any worse than this. I heard Devyn's scream and turned around. A creeper pushed her and she dropped her dagger. There was no chances for her, as she almost fell down right by the feet of these monsters.

But suddenly Tess jumped literally out of nowhere and plunged her knife in the creeper's head. Oh god, they're both alive! Devyn stood up, and after a quick "thanks" and getting her dagger back, she ran forward to Travis and everyone else to help them blocking the entrance. Right in that moment one of the creepers reached his hands to Tess' long golden hair and grabbed it. He placed his other rotten hand on her shoulder and started to uncontrollably moving his jaws, trying to bite her. She shaked, but it was almost impossible to get out of it's grip. I tried to run to her, but the large amount of monsters blocked my way and I had to fight off. Creeper's teeth were in millimetres from Tess' neck, but I knew I couldn't do anything.

"Tess!" I yelled.

He already chewed her hair, the last thing that could protect her neck, when a large axe landed on his head. Tess almost fell down with him, but Sven caught her. Sven! It was his axe! The prisoners were still here and they planned to leave this morning, but they probably won't get any rest before it. Where are Ivan and Besim? If Sven is here, they should be near. But I couldn't see them. At the same time I touched the big iron beam behind me and realized that it was the only thing I could defend myself with. I wasted all my bullets already. I smashed the skull of the nearby creeper and I finally got a chance to reach Sven and Tess.

"Oh god, are you okay?" I said to Tess. She only nodded, probably being shocked. I turned to Sven. "Thank you, Sven."

"It's nothing. We must go and help to barricade our camp. That's our only chance." have said.

All three of is cleaned our way to the fence and saw that half of the job was done. Not many creepers were left. But everyone who still tried to get in was a big danger for us. They tried to grab everything they could see and plunge their teeth into it. We had to watch over ourselves or we could get bitten or hardly injured. Oh, about injures... As I stepped on my right leg, I felt a hard pain in it. It still wasn't in good shape. But that's not what I should think about now. I grabbed the heavy stuff that was supposed to protect us before and moved it to the hole on the fence. The creepers protested.

"Those assholes already grabbed me twice. I almost scared to death. Guess I've been lucky. Very lucky!" spoke Travis.

"There's no time for-" tried to say Brendon, when one creepers caught him and bit him right in the elbow. Brendon screamed and Matthew fired his gun at the monster's head.

There's only one way to save him and I knew it. But how can I chop off his hand in a middle of a goddamn creepers swarm? I remember how many blood there was when Zed chopped of Devin's hand. Maybe I should wait to get rid of the bitten limb when it'll be calmer them it is right now?

[Cut off his hand now] or [Wait].

• Let's wait, if there's nothing to stop him from bleeding out, well, there is no only way.

So [wait], hopefully walkers won't attack that much.

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 2/6] (?) You chose to go and wake everyone up. "Try to hold out! I'll get back soon!" I yelled to the

• [Cut off his hand now]

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 2/6] (?) You chose to go and wake everyone up. "Try to hold out! I'll get back soon!" I yelled to the

• "Cut off his hand now" . If we wait he get infected, if we don't he could die for blood less (unless they have something right here)

• Yeah let's [Wait] a bit, at least until they're out of danger, it won't take so long I think.

• edited July 2014

If we wait, the infection will spread maybe fast enough to infect all his body but if we chop it off now, it will attract even more creepers and he could also die from blood loss...

Fuck it [Cut off his hand now]

• Oh boi'!

[Wait]

• [Wait]

• [Wait]

• [Cut off his hand now] Waiting is a death sentence anyway. ): I hope I don't die as a result, but if so, Gregory will have done what he had to. It's for Brendon's own good.

• We should [Wait]

Even though I did cut Sarita's arm off, Brendon got bitten on the shoulder. He's fucked either way.

• edited July 2014

[cut off his hand now]]

• It didn't bite him on the shoulder, it got his elbow. I think he could be okay if we chop it now.

We should [Wait] Even though I did cut Sarita's arm off, Brendon got bitten on the shoulder. He's fucked either way.

• [Windows error goes off in head]

Shit. I'm an idiot.

sardines posted: »

It didn't bite him on the shoulder, it got his elbow. I think he could be okay if we chop it now.

• [Wait].

• [Cut off his hand now]

• [Cut off his hand now]

• 7 people vote for cutting, 7 people vote for waiting. I need one more vote.

• [Cut HIS HAND]

• The voting is closed! Gregory will cut his hand off. Mah boi, that voting was intense. New chapter will be today, hopefully.

• Can't wait. :3

The voting is closed! Gregory will cut his hand off. Mah boi, that voting was intense. New chapter will be today, hopefully.

• edited July 2014

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 3/6]

(?) You chose to cut off his hand immediately.

I knew that there's nothing else to do. I still remember Devin's loss of hand like it was yesterday. And if we had Zed who would help us as a doctor, right now I must cut off his hand in a middle of a creepers' attack. I sighed and turned to Sven. You should do this, Gregory. You should.

"Give me your axe for a second." I said.

Sven must've understood me. He nodded and passed me his big axe. I grabbed it, raise it in the air and plunged in Brendon's hand. I heard his awful scream and pulled it out. Brendon looked at the blood coming our of his hand with a horror on his face. Matthew stood frozen, helplessly looking how his good friend is losing his limb. I raised an axe once again and desperately crushed the bone with it.

"I'M SO SORRY!" I yelled.

(?) Brendon will remember that.

Creepers felt the fresh blood and started to fight their way in. Matthew, Tess and Sven were still blocking the way while Travis, Kami and Devyn protected us. And they had to protect us for sure - a large amount of creepers tried to approach us and eat poor Brendon. He held himself as good as he can, but I could see how hardly he resisted from crying in pain. One last hit and his hand with a bite mark on it fell down on the ground. I could see his bone sticking out from the remaining part of his left hand. A blood was gushing, making a big fountain. A large puddle of blood was by his feet. However tough he would be, a pain shock wouldn't let him hold out. Brendon closed his eyes and fell right in this puddle. I knew I had to get him out of here, but it wasn't so easy. I saw Mike and Duke coming to us.

"What happ- oh shit!" yelled Duke.

"Help him, we'll cover you!" said Mike.

I grabbed Brendon and decided to carry him on my back. It was very hard, but I tried to run or at least walk fast. Once I got out of the creepers' entrance zone it became easier. A few of them turned around and followed us, trying to get some fresh blood that they sensed. I wasn't much faster then they were and I didn't have any weapon with me so I desperately tried to get away from them. Brendon's blood colored my t-shirt and jeans in red, but it was the least thing to worry about. I somehow got enough far from creepers so I could have a little rest. Carrying a person on your back isn't easy. Especially with a pain in your leg that you're feeling right now. I took a deep breath and continued walking. I heard some groans very near. I turned around and looked behind me, but creepers weren't close. Where are these groans coming from then?

Right after this another groan was heard right next to my ear. I felt how someone grabbed my t-shirt. I screamed and jumped out, accidentally dropping Brendon. And only then I realized that he was the one that bit my t-shirt. This poor guy died from blood loss and already turned. He spit out a piece of fabric. I looked at my shoulder that got naked after Brendon ripped out a part of my clothes. Thank god, I wasn't bit. That was so close! He stood up leaning on his other hand. Four more creepers walked to me. I didn't have any weapon and I was literally trapped. I need to improvise!

I looked around and noticed that we were near one of the housings. I took a big rock that was on the grass in front of the housing and smashed one of the creeper's head. His brain splattered all around the ground. I shivered. God, that's disgusting. I lived 8 months in the apocalypse, but I still can't get used to it. A small path was clear for me and I sneaked in. I really wanted to put Brendon out of his misery, but I didn't have an opportunity. I only ran away and didn't look back.

"THE ENTRANCE IS CLOSED! KILL EVERY CREEPERS THAT IS STILL HERE! WE WILL KILL EVERYONE WHO IS STILL TRYING TO GET IN!" yelled Kami.

Well, good news are good. Only if I had any weapons to kill them, I would do it. But other people held just fine. I saw how Samson and Group B cleaned the main street. Matthew and the others ran to me. Tess hugged me tightly.

"Where's Brendon?" quietly asked Matthew.

"There he is." whispered Devyn, pointing somewhere behind us.

A handless Brendon crawled us, moaning and wheezing. Kami gasped. Matthew took out his gun and shot Brendon right in the head. He looked right in his pale eyes before the bullet crashed his friend's head. A creepers fall down. Matthew lowered his gun.

We all stood in the main square right in front of Samson. He looked at the crowd and tried to make sure that everyone's here. I saw Ivan and Besim standing right next to me.

"You're alright? I didn't see you while the attack." I said. They turned to me.

"We were in the northern part of Willowdale when it happened." replied Besim.

"They even reached the north?" I asked.

"They even reached the north." nodded Ivan.

Samson raised his hand - it means that everyone must keep silent. We turned our heads to him and listened carefully. He talked something about today's attack, but I missed everything. I looked around the square and couldn't help myself but to notice that all corners are covered in blood, meat and totally dead corpses. I frowned. A terrible smell reached my nose. I hope Samson will order to clean this place.

"It's terrifyingly dirty here. I'll literally die in here if this smell will stay for a long time." whispered Ivan. I only grinned. At least someone agrees with me.

"...and now, after what happened one of our dear citizens Brendon, who was always helpful and good guy, Willowdale is left without a lot of help. We need someone to get care of the fence as good as Brendon did, especially after what happened today. We need someone to volunteer for it." spoke Samson.

A few people raised their hands, I even noticed prisoners. As I understood from a small talk with them, they decided to stay in here. I smiled. The more people the better. But once I turned my head to the other side, I saw Matthew walking away. I think he couldn't stand all the talks about his good friend that how's dead. I knew Matthew as a very tough person who'll always keep steadfast and calm. I still hope that he'll get over it. I turned my head back to listen to Samson's important speech.

But at the same time something was eating me out...

[Stay to listen the news] or [Go to Matthew].

• We just killed his friend it's the least we could do [Go to Matthew]

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 3/6] (?) You chose to cut off his hand immediately. I knew that there's nothing else to do. I still r

• [Go to Matthew]

Damn, girl. :O

That was some hell of an action right there.

Episode 2 - Here We Belong [Part 3/6] (?) You chose to cut off his hand immediately. I knew that there's nothing else to do. I still r

• [Go to Matthew]

Damn it, I really thought that chopping off Brendons hand immediately would be the safer decision in regards to the infection. Didn't thought about blood loss however :(

• Oh taco.

[Stay to listen the news]

• I like the comments you're giving in this fanfic and my one.

Taco, cactus, pineapple... :D

BonnluffarN posted: »

Oh taco. [Stay to listen the news]

• [Go to Matthew]

• Just feels like I have to write something along with my choice, spice things up! \o/

Crips posted: »

I like the comments you're giving in this fanfic and my one. Taco, cactus, pineapple...

• [Go to Matthew]

Damn dude.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.