Interactive fanfiction "A Brave New World" [FINISHED]

1293031323335»

Comments

• Guys, I'm VERY sorry because I don't post new chapters. i have less time now and for three days (from Friday to Sunday) I'm gonna fly to Moscow to visit my sister. It means that if I won't finish the first chapter of the DLC tomorrow (I already started it), it will take time to post. I deeply apologize for keeping you waiting :(

• No problem ;)

Guys, I'm VERY sorry because I don't post new chapters. i have less time now and for three days (from Friday to Sunday) I'm gonna fly to Mos

• That's okay, the DLC always takes a bit of time anyways.

Guys, I'm VERY sorry because I don't post new chapters. i have less time now and for three days (from Friday to Sunday) I'm gonna fly to Mos

• DLC - Days Had Passed [Part 1/3]

Devyn

1 year later

Oh, it's been such a long time. A lot of things happened in my life and lives of all people that surround me now. If somebody would tell me that I'll lose my parents, my brother and my dearest friend, I'd never believe him. And what now? It all happened me. To all of us. It's funny when you think about it but if you keep thinking deeper it becomes sad. Nobody could tell that fates of all people will change so drastically. In two years people mostly go through a bunch of boring stuff. I would go to college. Meet people. Meet Gregory in a very different way. But everything became so different...

My name is Devyn. And here I belong.

A lot of time passed since everything that happened back there, in Peter's camp. Those relatively calm days blurred in my mind like they didn't matter anymore. But the day when I lost Gregory forever stuck in my head. It was my fault and I knew it. It tore me apart. It was obvious that I should move on and try to let it go. You know, your friends always say that philosophical shit after something bad happens. But nobody thinks about how hard can it actually be to let it go. Yes, he was a special type of guy and no one from all the people that I've met could replace him or my brother. And honestly, I didn't meet a lot of people. My old team was the same. Paul, Stephanie, Hazel, Matthew. These people became my new family. And we received new members of it.

Julian. Oh, this pretty young guy joined about half a year ago. Initiative, brave boy. He was only 4 years younger than me and I started to like him as a younger brother. Light brown hair, shining green eyes and simple clothing - black A7X T-shirt, dark jeans, gray sneakers, contacts. This boy knew how to make a good impression. He has gone through lots of things for a boy at his age. But I’m glad that he keeps being a positive guy no matter what.

Autumn. A very poetic name, even though not real. But I can understand why she wouldn’t like the name Eleanor Rigby and try to change it. I wasn’t really a fan of Beatles and neither was Elea- I mean Autumn. Good, funny, but mostly a useful girl since she was very good with guns. Kinda ironic, because she considered herself a hippie. Must be hard to be a hippie in a world where you must kill. But she was holding out okay. Honey brown hair in braid, dark brown eyes, full lips, short height and tight jeans black top with yellow sweater.

And finally, Sasha. Our group was full of young people like her. She was a bit older than Julian, around 15. A skinny girl with blue eyes and long red hair had a very strange mix – she was half Irish half Scandinavian. Pretty sweet and kind girl. We haven’t met lot of assholes throughout this year and it’s nice to have a calm group for a change.

A few tents surrounded an extinct bonfire. Eight people, united by overall fate, just stood around it. It was late morning, probably just a bit later than 11 am. Paul and Autumn were cleaning the weapons, Matthew checked out the supplies, Stephanie and Sasha cleaned the tents, Julian told Hazel a story and I was getting ready for heading out. We set our camp in the outskirts of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I can’t believe myself that we started our way in Massachusetts and ended up here. But our top priority now was looking for supplies. Me, Matthew, Sasha and Autumn were heading out to Harrisburg to search for supplies. The town was quite big, but at least we had a chance of finding something. Sasha started to join us in searching for supplies not a long time ago since she wanted to learn new skills and get more useful to the group. I only appreciated it. It was quite funny that grumpy Matthew had to drag three young girls across the city, but we weren’t as stupid as someone would think.

“Everyone’s ready?” asked Paul.

“Sure. I just wait for the others.” I replied.

“Here you go then. I hope everything turns out okay.” He said, passing me the rifle. Then, he sighed and added a phrase. “You know, Sips probably was good with these…”

I gave him a melancholic smile. It’s been a long time since I told him about Chris. They’ve been good friends and business partners. It’s a very sad and strange coincidence when someone dies and then you have to meet another person that was his friend and tell him about his death. Poor Paul. Maybe it was for the best that he haven’t seen Chris’ death. He may have been a bastard sometimes and our relationship wasn’t the best, but Sips still was a good guy.

“I’m pretty sure he gave me his talent with guns before he died.” I tried to turn it into a joke. Sijin smiled.

“Good luck.” Hazel told all of us.

“Thank you. I’ll be sure to bring you a birthday cake!” Sasha laughed.

“No, I’ll turn 10 only in two months. If you bring the birthday cake too early, it will rot.” Hazel mumbled.

Sasha only smiled. Me and everyone else grabbed all the guns and two bags that we could fill with supplies. After a small time of all preparations that were left, we were ready to leave the camp. But Julian ran over to us and stopped us. The kid was eager was to do something and I just remembered that we promised him to take him to the town sometime in the future. But if you think about it, it might be too dangerous…

“Hey, can I go with you? You know that I can shoot and I’m smart enough to be stealthy and stuff. You’re not going to turn me back again, right?” he asked with excitement.

“No. I’ve got enough problems, kiddo.” Matthew said.

“Maybe we should actually allow him to go with us..” Autumn said musingly.

“Really?” his eyes shone bright.

“Then I’m gonna go too!” Hazel yelled.

The situation was becoming even more confusing.

“Wait, what?” Stephanie was shocked. “No, sweetie. You’re too small. It’s just ridiculous.”

“But it’s not fair! I don’t want to sit around just because I’m a little girl!” she protested.

[Bring both of them], [Bring only Julian] or [Bring neither]

Emma’s story

I yawned, trying to defeat my drowsiness. Everything was too bright for my eyes and I the only thing I thought about was getting back to sleep or at least just rest. Waking up so early probably wasn’t the best idea. But it was necessary. And I had to keep my mind fresh and my eyes straight if I want my group to get back the house we used to live in. To fight for it.

We’ve been moving on from place to place. Nothing new, nothing exciting. Sometimes I start to realize that I’m beginning to lose the flow of time. Or maybe I don’t. Maybe I already lost it. It doesn’t matter how many bad things happened, what was going on yesterday and what will happen tomorrow. If you’re alive – then everything’s okay. If you’re dying – you’ll never see the world again. Simple as that. We’ve met quite a lot of people that winded up dead. Except three unique bastards that were standing behind me now.

Lewin, Paige and Kei. Who knew that those completely different people could end up together? However, I’m glad they did. Three kind people in one group is always a good thing. They helped us, unknown strangers. Even though Kei hesitated to do it for some time. This girl is still a mystery for me. But still, all of them let us in their house and even agreed to live with us there. I used think about it a lot and I realized that I probably would never do that.

One of them is a girl with brown eyes and honey brown hair (however, her roots are jet black so she probably dyed her hair. It is in two plaits, rested upon her chest, held together with black ponytail holders. Hard to believe it, but she also wears a little makeup - black eyeshadow and pink lipstick. Covering her shoulders and her upper body is an open yellow leather puffer jacket with a black fur hood. Her tanktop design consists of a floral pattern that is yellow and mainly black. Her lower part consits of a pair of black denim hotpants. Her legs are covered by a pair of vintage legings.The colors consist of yellow and black, whereas the design is of piano keys. Her shoes are a pair of black and white sneakers. Upon her head is a black baseball cap. Overall she looks Asian, since she is from Japan. This is Kei, an 18 year old girl. wouldn't say much about her because I barely know this girl. She is very shy and always panics on hard situations. It really embarrassed me at first and sometimes I even shouted at her which led to not the best start of our relationship. But I got used to it and I'd say we're dealing with it okay, even though we had a rocky start.

The closest person to her is Paige. She's not much older, only 23 years old. She has long wavy brown hair, grey eyes and muscular build. I'd say she is tall and fairly attractive. The main reason of us being quite good friends is her personality and her awesome ability of working with knives (kinda reminds me of Tess...). I would call her a leader, if such small group could actually have a leader.

And the last one is Lewin. What a nice guy he is! A short lad (he was 20 year old) with big blue eyes and short blonde hair. He has very cute dimples on his cheeks when he smiles. Lewin wears grey jeans and loose black hoodie.

Yes, their house and their hearts were big. Because of them, we spent this year much greater than we spent all the time before it. But everything good ends one day. And this day brought us a crowd of angry and hungry creepers that ruined everything they could see in their way. Our house was one of this "everything". Thank God, no one was hurt. Only a little deal happened - we had to leave all our supplies back there to save ourselves. And now, it was time to get it all back. We planned it for a week and we were ready to clean the house from these jerks and finally get a safe heaven again.

"Hey, I feel myself like a James Bond or some shit. They took his freedom and he took everything from them..." Lewin started to mock.

"Shut up." replied Olivia.

"Just as you say, Miss I-am-always-unamused! Coulda write a whole poem about you and prove that studying poem wasn't a wasted time." he said.

"Did you actually study anything? I thought that you're another hipster boy from Liechtenstein that decided to "travel" and do other motivating stuff instead of attending a university. Shit, is it even everything I know about you? Knowin' your lies, I wouldn't be shocked if I found out that you're actually a woman." she kept arguing.

"Lies?! I just his the fact that I'm from Liechtenstein because... Because I didn't want to look boring in your eyes! I mean, do anyone of you even know what country it is?" Lewin got offended.

"I do!" smiled Cynthia.

"Stay out of it, Cynthia." her father Matthew said to her.

"Matthew is right. Nobody should get into fights right now. This is just ridiculous!" I said.

Everyone actually shut up. It was calm at least for a moment. In the next few minutes, we could already see a roof of our house among the trees. Then, we could actually see the full house. Big wooden cottage with a lawn in front of it, the backyard and a fancy fence. The sight of it brought us good memories about all the days we've spent there. But the next thing we saw was a few creepers, wandering in the area of the house. It was pretty obvious that the remaining crowd was inside the building. All of us stopped in about twenty meters from our final destination. It was a perfect time to quickly repeat the plan again.

"So, who goes? Me, Matthew, Paige, Lewin, Olivia? And what about you, Austin? I can't fully count on Kei to look after the kids, but I think that you might deserve to go with us." I said.

"I don't know, Emma. It's just that..." he spoke in a sad tone just as usual. "I think that I can go. I mean, Rose and Cynthia aren't too small to be afraid for them."

"Yeah, but if something will happen to Rose, I'll never forgive you!" Olivia threatened poor Austin, who even stopped breathing in fear. Rose sighed and tries to show that she is unamused with signs. Olivia frowned. "Oh, don't even tell me about it."

"Alright, everyone has a weapon?" I asked people to prevent an argument.

"You can count on me and my knife." Paige replied.

"You better not lose it somewhere in the house!" I grinned.

"Betcha! It's a present from my dad either way. I'm extra careful with it." Paige said.

"Okay then. It means that we can... Kei?" I started to talk when I looked at Kei and realized that she was in a bad shape.

She snuggled and sweated. She was trying to blabber something, but it was hard to hear what exactly. Cynthia and Rose worryingly glanced at each other. Everyone else got confused too as well as I did. Only one thing could happen right now. Shit, is she having an anxiety again?

"D-don't leave me here alone! I can't look over them like this! What if one of these creatures get to us and I'll just be useless and let them die?!" she spoke.

"Jesus, Kei! Is it really the time?" argued Paige.

"I can stay here with her." Austin whispered.

"No. Everything's fine. Just go. She'll be fine on her own." Olivia said. She walked to the house.

"No! No!" Kei yelled.

Paige, Matthew, Lewin and Olivia already walked away and waited for me. Austin was ready to go too. Of course, it would be more rational to go after them. But maybe.... At least I could've tried to...

[Calm down Kei] or [Follow them]

• [Bring both of them] Might be useful in some ways.

[Calm down Kei] You can't just leave someone in the middle of a panic attack. Especially during the apocalypse.

• [Bring both of them]

[Calm down Kei]

DLC - Days Had Passed [Part 1/3] Devyn 1 year later Oh, it's been such a long time. A lot of things happened in my life and lives o

• [Bring both of them]

[Calm down Kei]

DLC - Days Had Passed [Part 1/3] Devyn 1 year later Oh, it's been such a long time. A lot of things happened in my life and lives o

• [Bring neither]

[Calm down Kei]

• Calm down Kei. Bring neither

• [Bring both of them]

[Calm down Kei]

But when did Kami died? I must've missed it.

• edited October 2014

Yay! My character is finally introduced!

[Bring Both of them] We shouldn't split up.

[Calm down Kei]

• The voting is closed! Devyn will bring both of them and Emma will calm down Kei. Sadly, I have no idea when new chapter will come out because the time just flows too fast for me now and even though I wouldn't call myself busy, I have a lack of spare time. Let's just hope it will be soon.

• I hope

The voting is closed! Devyn will bring both of them and Emma will calm down Kei. Sadly, I have no idea when new chapter will come out becaus

• HOLA
    I'm back

• Alt text

Don't worry, I brought you some good news. I have holidays right now so it means that there's still a chance I will finish the DLC this week. But you know, me and my mouth...

• edited November 2014

DLC - Days Had Passed [Part 2/3]

Devyn

(?) You chose to bring both of them.

“Okay, Hazel. You can come with us. And Julian too.” I said.

“Are you crazy, Devyn?! She’s just a little kid!” protested Stephanie.

“Not anymore, Steph. She has to learn how to handle supply runs if the apocalypse is gonna be long enough for her to grow up.” I replied.

Stephanie sighed and Paul was upset too, even though he didn’t say anything. But both Julian and Hazel were really happy. They ran away with great excitement and got back with the weapons. They were worried, but I could see that this supply run is going to mean a lot for them. I smiled. I was glad to see that these little guys want to survive and do everything they can to do it. Paul and Stephanie shouldn’t treat them like this. No one can afford such luxury like being a kid now.

Matthew waved his hand and we all followed him. Our camp was set in one of these small state forests or parks around Harrisburg so very soon we will get to the city. In the meantime, we just walked through, leaving our camp behind. I heard how everyone was talking except me and Matthew. I don’t know what he was doing but I just kept thinking. I never thought I would visit Pennsylvania under such circumstances. Hell, I never though any of this would happen in the first place. I guess I just have to live like this. All my life is wrapped up in today anyway. No past or future here.. Let’s hope that neither of these two kids share my thoughts. Learning to survive is important for them. They must think that it’s gonna settle their future.

“What are you thinking about, miss Cool Survivor?” Autumn laughed.

“Yeah, tell us!” said Sasha.

“Nothing that would get your attention.” I replied.

“Well, our attention is already caught. C’mon, I’m lightening up the mood!” Sasha insisted.

“Okay then. If I tell you that I was thinking about junk, will it be a satisfying answer to you?” I chuckled.

“Prooobably.” Autumn wedged in our conversation.

“Thinking about junk is boring. I prefer to think about animals. Especially about hamsters. I used to have a hamster named Sisyphus. He was cool.” said Hazel.

“Oh, I envy you so much! I wanted a pet too. Something like a dog. Me and my brother Austin begged our parents, but they always said no.” Julian stared into the ground. “Austin… I’ve never seen him since I escaped from my school. If he’s still alive, he’s probably very old. About 17 years old.”

Everyone remained silent. Julian haven’t told us much about his older brother, just like anybody else barely talked about their dead sibling or just people they loved. I only knew that Autumn had to see her boyfriend Nico turning into a zombie. And that’s all. But it’s understandable for people to avoid subject like this. I mentioned my brother only a few times. And I don’t know why. Maybe because it stings when you think about. And it means that it stings all the time. But when you share a random memory with everyone else, you only show how much it hurts.

The trees started to thin out. It was clear that we will get to Harrisburg really soon. I believe that we walked only for seven or ten minutes and we have about the same time to finally leave the outskirts. Our heads looked straight forward whereas we tried to not look at each other. It always happens – someone starts to talk and then someone gets sad and mentions any bad events that happened to him or her and then we find ourselves skinny dipping in the sea of sorrow. Oh well.
    All of us kept walking and we stopped only when Hazel pointed somewhere into the trees and yelled to us.

“Look, there’s a cabin or a cottage or something like this!” she said.

And she was right. It was a quite big house standing lonely in the woods. We all stared at it. Of course, the first though that came into our minds was “we gotta search it for supplies!” but the longer we thought about it, the more doubts we had.

“Should we stop there and check it out?” asked Autumn.

“Of course we should! There can be supplies!” Julian said.

“Hold your horses. I can see some serious moving there. It’s probably creepers. There are gonna be lots of them inside. I’m calling it.” Matthew finally started to talk.

“Why can’t we kill them then?” the boy kept asking.

“Only me and Devyn have knives. Everyone else have guns with a lack of bullets. Wasting them right now isn’t right. Our main goal is Harrisburg. If we don’t find anything there, we will search this place. But right now it’s risky and we will only waste our time. We have enough supplies to stay away from the house for now.” he answered.

“But there are never enough supplies!” Julian insisted.

“Don’t test me, kid!” Matthew said angrily.

“Matthew, calm down. We have to decide.” I said.

“And what do you offer to do?” he asked.

[“We have to check it.”] or [“We have enough problems. Let’s go.”]

Emma

(?) You chose to calm down Kei.

Living in this world is dangerous and we must give everyone a chance to survive. I knew it. Kei managed to let us in house even though she didn’t trust us, she helped all of us and we must help her back. Leaving her here would be unfair and I didn’t want to take part in such act. So I sighed and turned my face to everyone who was walking away.

“Wait up, okay? It won’t take much time.” I told them

“Are you seriously gonna stop here and waste that precious time we can spend on getting our supplies back? I count on you, I trust you! You’re needed there. Not here.” Olivia said.

“I thought you learned something, Olivia.” I replied.

“Yes, I did. I learned that Kei can calm down by herself if you just give her some time.” she said. But my only answer was silence. She crossed her hands on her chest and sighed as she realized that I’m not gonna go anywhere. “Okay then. It’s only your problem.”

Some of them stopped for a moment but then they decided to continue to the house and follow Olivia. I turned back to Kei and looked at her. She looked at me back. She was trembling and incoherently moving her lips, trying to say something. Cynthia and Rose approached us and looked at Kei. Rose even tried to put her hand on Kei’s shoulder but then she put away her hand as the Asian girl yipped. Though I didn’t move. I only looked her right in the eyes.

“Kei.” I said in a calm tone.

“W-what?” she whispered. I was afraid that she would remember how I treated her in the beginning, but she actually neutral towards me.

“Why would you panic? Nothing bad happened. You’re in safety.” I kept talking.

“N-no I’m not! And the kids aren’t too! What if I let them die?! I’m useless here!!” she yelled. I discomposedly looked around to see if she attracted any creepers. Thank God, they haven’t heard us… Yet.

“Why would you think Cynthia and Rose would die under your watch?” I said.

“B-because of the monsters! Look around – they’re everywhere!!” Kei spoke in hysteria.

“Yes, it’s a bitter truth. But you’re not here for nothing. You survive, you live. And all of it is in your hands. Right now you’re screaming and panicking. Did you think that your loud voice might attract these monsters? If you want you and the kids to be alive, try to be the master of yourself. Because I know that you can.” I spoke.

“R-really?” she asked me.

“Yes, Kei. Why do you think all of us are still alive? Because we are strong. And you are too.” I put my hand on her shoulder and tell her.

“I can be strong if you teach me how to!” Kei gave me a weak smile.

“Here’s the first lesson – always be brave. No matter what. Got it?” I said.

“I’m sure she did!” Cynthia smiled.

“That’s good. Take care of yourself, Kei.” I told her.

I turned around and walked away, straight to the house. I heard how Cynthia started to talk with Kei but I decided to not interrupt them. I walked into the house and saw Matthew, Olivia and Paige on the first floor. Six rotten bodies were already lying on the floor with holes in their heads. There were only four more. Matthew fired a shot right in the head of one of them and then killed another one. At the same time Olivia was helping Paige to get her knife from under the dead body of a creeper that fell right on it. Two more creepers were sneaking on them. I took out my pistol and shot one of them. Paige looked at me and gasped. Then, I fired a shot in the second one but I missed and put a bullet in its shoulder. Damn it! I just wasted another bullet. I have only three left. Gotta get that shot! I didn’t repeat my mistakes and finally gave this monster a headshot. When the floor became clean, Paige got out her knife without any problems. Then, everyone approached me.

“How’s Kei?” Paige asked.

“She’s fine, don’t worry. I talked to her. Where are Lewin and Austin?” I said.

“They’re cleaning the second floor. Get up the stairs, we have to help them!” Matthew replied.

All of us walked up the stairs and we saw how Lewin was killing creepers with a baseball bat. He killed two of them and right now he was bashing another one’s head. But Austin’s situation was worse. He was cornered by two monsters and he was acting too lubberly with a knife to actually save himself. He nearly got bitten, but Paige used her knife and killed these assholes in a second. Another creeper were ready to attack her, but she easily turned around and killed it.

“Not bad!” grinned Lewin. He was wiping away the sweat from his forehead.

“Thanks. Now, we must call Kei and the kids here. They will help us cleaning up the house from all these bodies. In the meantime, someone should get these supplies. Do you remember what we had?’ Paige spoke.

“We had a first aid kit containing a few bandages, a peroxide, some aspirin and some painkillers. We also had three cans of beans, two apples, four small packs of crisps and two bottles of water. I remember everything.” Olivia talked.

“Great. And where we left them?” Paige asked.

“Shit, I have no idea. I think we should search the whole cabin anyway.” Olivia replied.

“Okay. Lewin, bring back Cynthia, Rose and Kei. All of you and Austin too will clean the house. If you need any help, you can ask Emma or Olivia for help. In the meantime, everyone else will find our supplies.” Matthew disposed.

Everyone agreed and started to fulfill their jobs. I decided to not go downstairs and check the second floor first. I went into one of the bedrooms where Matthew, Cynthia, Olivia and Rose spent their nights. Since Matthew was a doctor, I thought he might keep the first aid kit in his bedroom. And I was right – I found bandages and peroxide near his bed. I looked around the room a little bit more and in one of the drawers that was standing under the window I found all the medicine we had – painkillers and aspirin. I grabbed everything and was ready to get out of the room when I saw strange movements in the window. I put the medical supplies aside and looked in the window. There was a group of people outside, standing right in front of our house.

“Guuuys! There’s someone outside!” I called everyone.

“Someone? A group of people?” asked Austin who appeared next to me.

“Yea. I can’t really tell how they look like. What do you think they want from us?” I told him.

“I… I dunno. But it’s probably nothing good. See? They’re discussing something. Probably about robbing our house. They’re making a plan!” Austin said.

“Stop being so paranoid. They could be friendly.” I disagreed.

“Maybe. But we should at least find out what they want. I’m not going out without a weapon. What are you gonna do?” he asked me.

[Threaten strangers and tell them to go away], [Point your gun at strangers and ask what they need] or [Befriend strangers and offer them help]

• [“We have enough problems. Let’s go.”]

[Point your gun at strangers and ask what they need]

DLC - Days Had Passed [Part 2/3] Devyn (?) You chose to bring both of them. “Okay, Hazel. You can come with us. And Julian too.” I

DLC - Days Had Passed [Part 2/3] Devyn (?) You chose to bring both of them. “Okay, Hazel. You can come with us. And Julian too.” I

• ["We have to check it"]

• [“We have to check it.”]
    [Befriend strangers and offer them help]

• [“We have to check it.”]

• Need one more vote since equal amount of people want to leave the house or search it.

• ["We have to check it."] Every bit helps.
    [Point your gun at strangers and ask what they need] Can't trust strangers anymore

• The voting is closed! Devyn will tell everyone to check the house and Emma will point her gun at the strangers and ask what they need.

• DLC - Days Had Passed [Part 3/3]

(?) Devyn chose to tell everyone to check the house. Emma chose to point her gun at the strangers.

"I think that you might be right. We have to check what they want, at least." Emma said to Austin.

"Okay. Should we warn the group?" he asked unsurely.

"Of course. But I want you to stay here. Just in case these people aren't friendly and shit will hit the fan." Emma answered. Austin sighed but didn't say anything.

The girl took out her gun and went downstairs. The teen followed her. Everyone was quite confused when they saw Emma sneaking out but she quickly warned them about the strangers outside and people became quiet and pulled their weapons out too. None of them was in a mood for fighting, though they weren't afraid to face the enemies if neccessary. Well, probably except Kei, who started to get really nervous but thanks to Cynthia, she was able to get into her normal state soon. She was told to stay behind with Rose and Cynthia until things will get clear. So the young girl just worryingly stared into the window as her group was trying to sneak up on strangers.

In the meantime, Devyn was ready to break the argument between her supply run group and hold her and Julian's ground in a choice to check the house. Though neither she ot anyone else with her knew that house held familiar people and they are on their way to restrain Dev's friends as a threat.

"We should get there and check it. We've got plenty of time and, as Julian said, and you probably won't say "we have enough supplies" if you hit the jackpot and find something serious there. We will search the cabin. I'm sure of it." Devyn argued with Matthew. This man didn't show any sign of emotion and just coldly stared at her.

"Fine." It was all he said. Nobosy knew what was on his mind. But if he agreed, it's and end of story indeed.

"Cool!" said Hazel.

But their plan was meant to fail. As all of them turned around, they faced a group of people that shove guns (or even knives) in their faces. Julian moved back, Celestine didn't move and looked at strangers with real interest, Matthew frowned and got ready to pull out his shotgun, Sasha gasped and receded with Julian, Autumn remained serious and lifted her hands in the air as a sign of friendliness, but Devyn didn't do anything. The oppressive silence filled the air.

"What do you want?" asked Dev.

"That's what we were about to ask you!" Olivia attacked.

"Shut up, Olivia. We're not here to fight." Matthew Andrews said in a serious tone.

"Neither we are." Autumn replied.

"I think I've seen you somewhere before..." Hazel started to talk but no one paid attention to poor little girl.

"Listen, we're just gonna keep talking like this? We must make the situation clear. At least.... Maybe... Try to...." Austin tried to sound self-reliant bur miserably failed in the end. The only thing that could change the whole situation was a loud cry of a boy.

"AUSTIN!!!" Julian yelled.

He ran forward to the teen. The boy was in a big danger because he could get shot but he was lucky enough because no one understood what is going on, except Julian and Austin. Devyn suddenly remembered when the boy mentioned his brother once or twice. But of course, no one else would understand what the fuss is about and even if they would, they'd probably have no other reaction but perplexity. Austin and Julian were the only people who felt happy. The teen hugged young Julian with pleasure. If people would look closely, they would notice little shining tears in the corners of both boys' eyes.

"That's, uh, neat but I still want to know what is happenning." Emma said.

"A-austin is my brother! We've been through so much together but d-during the outbreak I escaped from my school and I never saw my brother! I thought... he was dead and I... just..." Julian stammered because of the tears.

"Shhh. Calm down. It's okay. I'm here now." Austin whispered to him.

"So, if we arranged the evening of unexpectable meetings, I'm gonna say hello to Hazel!" said Cynthia with excitement.

Only then everyone realized that most of them knew each other. They either spent lots of time together back in Peter's camp or only remember how they glanced at each other a few times during Gregory's group's imprisonment. But they were close, one way or another, and it made them happier. Cynthia and Rose ran to Hazel and started an innocent girly talk and showed how much everyone missed someone they met here. Emma chuckled and approached Devyn.

"You were that girl.. Devyn, right? I remember when Clara was giving birth we talked about the herd. Huh, that awful thing. It was the reason we got separated... Anyway, how did you end up here?" she talked to Dev.

"We were moving on and we set our camp in the outskirts of Harrisburg, very close from there. Looks like we were enough lucky to choose the same place to live in." Dev replied.

"Not enough lucky as these two were." Emma smiled and pointed at Julian and Austin. These two brothers spent time with each other with great passion and they didn't notice anything else.

"Yeah, that's for sure." Devyn said. "You know, we should probably decide what do we do next."

"I'm sure that no one will mind if you will stay here for a while. The house is big and I think that you didn't sleep on the ground and you have plenty of useful stuff too." Emma replied.

"We must bring Sjin and Stephanie too! They are back at the camp!" noticed Hazel.

"Oh. really? They are still alive? That's great." said Emma.

And she was right. It was great. Not only that these two survived, but also that everyone else is alive and well. And they are here.

Even though it was still not dark, the twilight already was thickening. The last beams of the dying sun made the forest brighter. Fifteen people, everyone, except Austin and Julian, hanged around in the backyard of the house. They talked, and talked, and talked, which was understandable in a situation like this, because they needed to know what happened to them and finally reunite their souls. Devyn, Paul, Stephanie, Hazel, Emma, Autumn, Lewin and Sasha with Paige all placed near the rear exit of the house. Olivia, Matthew the Doctor, Cynthia and Rose decide to share their thoughts next to the small shed that was in about ten metres from the house. Second Matthew sat alone on the grass far from everyone else. And brothers were in the cabin. Everybody knew that they need time to be together so no-one interrupted them.

"Funny coincidences can happen." smiled Sasha.

"That's for sure. We're all happy about it. Especially the boys." Autumn said.

"Yeah. I've seen Austin. He smiles very wide. It's just.... strange. I always remembered him as such a depressive teen. He talked really quietly and he always tried to be invisible. I never knew what made him be like this. I heard from him that he used to be a popular basketball player in school, but it can't be the reason of depression, right? He never told us about his little brother." Emma talked.

"Well, be happy that he's happy. At least he can see his brother." Devyn said. She sighed.

"Seems like all of you had a hard time back in that camp where you all met." Autumn tried to lighten up the mood.

"That's true, uh... Autumn, right? What's up with the weird name?" Emma asked.

"She told us it's her nickname because she doesn't like her actual name." Paul answered.

"Yeah. Would you like it if your parents named you Eleanor Rigby?" Autumn chuckled.

"Probably not." grinned Emma.

And so they stared at the setting sun and said no words. Because, in fact, everything that they were thinking about was this crazy day and this unexpectable meeting. No one knew what is ahead but could they really care? It didn't really matter. They have to live right here and right now and don't worry about anything. They have to just be happy at least for some time in their miserable lives.

Some time...

THE END OF THE DLC

Compliance - You chose bring both Hazel and Julian.

Leniance - You chose to calm down Kei.

Edacity - You chose to check the house for supplies.

Welcome - You chose to point your gun at strangers and ask what they need.

THE END OF "A BRAVE NEW WORLD"

• Great!

DLC - Days Had Passed [Part 3/3] (?) Devyn chose to tell everyone to check the house. Emma chose to point her gun at the strangers. "I

• Finally, I defeated my laziness and decided to write my last post here. Well, maybe it's not actually last, since I plan to do a list of all easter eggs and references, but this is like a farewell post. And I want to end all of this with a gratitude.

Thanks to @sardines and @TinyCarlos for giving me the biggest inspiration. If none of you started fanfics on your own, A Brave New World probably wouldn't exist. You showed an amazing world of fanfiction. You were the ones who led me to all of this. Gregory was born in my mind because of you. And that's why you deserve to be mentioned here. That's why you deserve to know that I am your fellow and your disciple. You opened the door of my imagination and you'll never be able to close it.

Thanks to @TheKingOfWalkers and @Crips for following me like I followed these two people that I mentioned earlier. A thought that I gave them a stimulus to embrace the world of writing makes me happy. I hope that they inspired someone else to write too and that this chain will last forever, from a man to a man. You gave me grace, I gave you a key to the same door of your imagination that will never be closed. Keep writing, guys. Keep doing it.

Thanks to @LiquidChicagoTed and your amazing reviews on my fanfic. You've been helping me to feel that I'm good in this, to feel that I gain confidence. You've made me self reliant. You showed me that I worth something. But you never were afraid to speak the truth and that's why my gratitude belongs to you. Ted, you told me that you'll be interested in any writing project that I would make and I will do anything to keep your faith in me. I'll just let you know that your opinion on all of this is special for me.

Thanks to all of my readers that supported me and made my fanfic better and better, because it all relies on your interesting characters that I enjoyed working with. You were the one that thought up all plot. Each of your characters was a brick that was embeded in the big house called "A Brave New World". You taught me to believe in myself, to use all of my imagination, to bring my fantasies and my thooughts in life in a form of this fanfiction. You were the ones who held all this time and I'll never ever forget your loyality.

Lastly, I'll tell you that writing a fanfiction is hard. At first, writing a chapter will be really easy. But then, each update will be a heavy burden for you. It is difficult to think of new storylines that will keep everyone interested. It is difficult to think what to do with and endless flow of characters in your submission box. It is difficult to fore yourself to write something when you're tired or busy. But remember my word - there's nothing in this world you can't do. Because there are people who will help you to gain power. There are wishes of becoming a good writer. There are many things that will make the hardest challenge easy. "A Brave New World" stole 4 months of my life. And it were the best 4 months that I experienced.

So.....

THE MASTER LET SONYA FINISH THE FANFIC! SONYA IS FREE!

Alt text

• Sonya, I gotta thank you a lot for writing this, because you, along with a lot of others, inspired my stories.

Finally, I defeated my laziness and decided to write my last post here. Well, maybe it's not actually last, since I plan to do a list of all

• @InKennyWeTrust When I first started reading your fanfic I thought "Wow it's truly amazing the stories that people come up with." It only got better after reading each captivating line. By the time season 1 was finished I knew that I wanted to give this fanfic thing a try. A continuing source of motivation has come from your story and I cannot begin to thank you enough for that. Writing The Fallen World and reading A Brave New World has really been a great part of my year. And now that it's finished I want to read it again! Good luck with your future endeavors!

Finally, I defeated my laziness and decided to write my last post here. Well, maybe it's not actually last, since I plan to do a list of all

• Did you want to say something?

supersagig posted: »

• I didn´have the oportunity to read it all until now and it´s AMAZING :p

Did you want to say something?

• Helloooo, everyone! This thread was empty for like half a year but I decided to bump it because of the anniversary - one year passed since I started writing this fanfic! (shhh, I know that it's a very late anniversary)

A long time ago I promised to make a list easter eggs featured in the story and also a list of interesting facts. The second list will come out while today you can enjoy the easter eggs and interesting small details from the story! Some of them were noticed but some weren't.

"A Brave New World"

I also found a book in the classroom - "A Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley.

Now this is a very obvious one. When I started writing the story, I was kinda obsessed with dystopias (I still am) so I decided to use the name of my favorite book to add some irony.

This is a story of a guy named Gregory.

Wake up, Gregory, this is all a dream! Everything is is fine. You are fine...

These are phrases from one of my favorite videogames called "The Stanley Parable". I only changed Stanley to Gregory and put them in the text.

That's fucking stupid, James.

Oh, this legendary phrase from TWD!

"Calm down, princess, it was a joke!"

''Calm down, princess'' from TWD + ''Calm down, it was a joke'' from TWAU = this. C-C-C-COMBO!

"Fine, I'll go with you. I do not want to get you in danger, I just... want everything to turn out okay." Rachelle sighed.

I looked down with a sad face. I couldn't get Rachelle out of my head. "And we are pretty sure you've been through a lot too. We do not need any enemies. We just everything to... turn out okay."

Poor Greg. I wonder if he kept remembering the girl.

"Alright, inglorious bastards, listen here!"

The name of one awesome Tarantino's movie. I just love the way it sounds.

DON'T TRY TO WEAR THE SHEEP'S CLOTHING!

We're not big bad wolves, we do not bite.

Some other TWAU references.

"With great power comes great responsability." she said calmly.

That moment when you need to write an epic phrase but you can't think of anything so you just put in the one from Spider Man...

sreams of poor unfortunate souls

My Ursula senses are tingling!

It feels peaceful

MY TWD SENSES ARE TINGLING!

"Oh, poor innocent Duke. If only there was someone who would love you..." she whispered.

Ophelia just pulled a Hans on Duke.

So, that's all for now. You gotta wait for some interesting facts to come soon!

• edited December 2015

Helloooo, everyone! This thread was empty for like half a year but I decided to bump it because of the anniversary - one year passed since I

• I'll try to bring it up today. It'll have some details that were supposed to appear in the story and also a map of all the way Gregory's group passed.

• edited July 2015

And, as I promised, here's the list of interesting facts about "A Brave New World":

• Do you remember that moment in Episode 1, when the group (still in the university) hopped on the car and defended themselves from a crowd zombies? After that, Devin's foot was grabbed by a zombie but James in his truck saved him. Originally, Devin was supposed to be bitten on his foot at that moment so the amputation would have occured much earlier. Devin would have died the same but his storyline would have slightly changed. I didn't change my mind about it - I simple forgot to put the bit in the story :/ Though it didn't stop me from doing it later.

• In Gregory's memories about him and Tess in the sanatorium (you know, the snoo-snoo moment) I wanted to mention that Greg is blonde but I decided to keep his appearance in secret. I just wanted everyone to picture him differently.

• I tried to force users to vote for killing Fredo to make them feel bad when it would turn out that Spark was the killer. Apparently, I failed.

• Tess has two brothers. I wanted to mention it somehow but I forgot. Again.

• Originally, the final choice was going to be [Save Devyn] or [Save Tess]. I'm still not sure why I got rid of this option.

• Do you remeber Clara, the woman who gave birth to a stillborn child and then shot herself? Her child was doomed either way but there was a possibility Clara would survive. I just had plenty of characters already and I didn't see her as a very useful one so I decided to let her die.

• And finally, here's the map of all adventures of Gregory's group. This way, you can find out where have they been and how much miles have they passed. And sorry for the resolution, I'm not sure how can I fix that.

The route: Harvard University - Middlesex Fells Reservation + Arlington - Stoneham - Wakefield - Middleton - Willowdale - Bradley Palmer + Harrisburg

Alt text

• edited December 2015

And, as I promised, here's the list of interesting facts about "A Brave New World": * Do you remember that moment in Episode 1, when th

• I'm so re-reading this.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.