Interactive fanfiction "A Brave New World" [FINISHED]

Comments

• ["Maybe you are right. Maybe there are good things to hope for."]

"Don't worry about Olivia, she's mean to strangers. But she's nice to her friends. Just get used to it. Of course we won't leave you like th

• The voting is closed! Gregory will agree with Hazel. No chapter today, because I... well.. have no idea what should I write about. I'll try very hard to finish the fanfic before the end of summer, because September 1st is my first day of school.

• because September 1st is my first day of school.

MINE TOO!

HIGH FIVE, BROTHER! ...Uh, sister?

The voting is closed! Gregory will agree with Hazel. No chapter today, because I... well.. have no idea what should I write about. I'll try very hard to finish the fanfic before the end of summer, because September 1st is my first day of school.

• Episode 5 - Divided We Fall [Part 4/6]

(?) You chose to agree with Hazel.

"Maybe you are right. Maybe there are good things to hope for." I said.

"See? I was right." Hazel smiled.

I smiled back and walked away. Her little speech made feel a little bit better. Like a small sunshine in the darkness. I've never thought about this before. I got used to see only bad things. It's much harder to survive for this poor girl. And she still believes in good. When you grow up, the world changes in your eyes. Yes, she's not a kid. Not anymore. But I think that all this toughness and formidablity that kids have nowadays is only their shell. They still have their kindness and childhood deep inside. I'm pretty sure that I've seen it before. Arabella. Bad memories striked in my head and I nervously coughed. I tried to forget it, erase it from my head. The past is in the past, however hard it was to realize. And you actually accept it. Throw it away. Continue to live on, until you just suddenly say to yourself: "Hey, remember that cool girl with ginger curls? Arabella? She died." And then you fade away in the darkness.

I walked to the prisoners' group and lied on one of the daybeds, trying to not look at Kami, who was there too. I felt like this room became a little bit emptier after Clara's death. I didn't feel that sad, honestly, and it terrified me. Maybe I was on the shock stage, when you don't feel anything but a stun. Maybe when I'll wake up tomorrow, I will be full of grief. But right now I felt ike I was just out of reality. Again. I didn't want to put myself into another seizure and make people think that I'm crazy. So I just lied down sideways and closed my eyes, trying to make deep breaths and calm down. I need to sleep. I have to sleep.

"I've seen you talking with Hazel." I heard Stephanie whispering. I raised my head and turned to her.

"Yeah. She's sweet." I replied.

"I know. We've been close to eachother for a while. She appeared here a few months ago. Ma and a few other people found her alone in the cabin nearby. It was hard to convince her to come with us. She said that she and her mom were with some bad people before and her mom told her to escape. So Hazel found this cabin and managed to live there all alone. Can you imagine how strong she must be? I felt admiration to her. I tried to calm her down and be nice to this girl. And she agreed to go with us. I was truly happy. Here, in Bradley Palmer, I tried to make her life as good as I could. Help her with something. Care about her. And she went from calling me "miss Kowalski" to "Stephanie". You know, it felt so good. Like I gained someone to be my bestest friend. I don't know if I ever became a mother figure for her, but it doesn't matter, because everything is more than enough for me. It's sad that I didn't even talk to her yet, even though I wish it more than anything else in my life." she spoke. Then she sighed. "I can't stop having a feeling that she reminds me of Simon."

"Simon? Who is it?" I asked.

"My son. He was nine, when he... well, you know. Like Hazel is nine now too. He was such a sweet son. Nice and adorable. Both of us liked playing tennis together, in the backyard of our hous that I had back in Poland, before I moved to America. During my career as a sportswoman, I've had plenty of rivals. But Simon was the best out of them." she smiled.

"Sounds sad." I added.

"I'm sorry if I bother you with all of this. I just always wanted to tell it to someone." Stephanie whispered.

"I know how you feel. They say that time heals everything, but they lie. Maybe it won't hurt as much as it did before. Maybe it won't even hurt at all. But the wound is always there." I said.

An awkward silence appeared between us. I curled up and and turned to the wall. It was Apri or May already, but it wasn't so warm here. The room wasn't heated. I wished to have at least a simple thin blanket. But all I had to do was snuggling to try to warm up. I thinm that it was even worse for Paul and Duke, who was sleeping on the floor.

"Goodnight." Stephanie suddenly said.

"Goodnight." I answered.

I fell asleep. I dreamed about Tess. Again.

Our room didn't have any windows, so I couldn't feel any sunlight on my face. I kinda missed that feeling. I got used to wake up with the sunrise in Willowdale. Wake up in a good, comfortable bed with my beloved girlfriend next to me. And here? I wake up alone in the darkness, on rigid daybed. Oh well. Who knew that my life could make such a detour?

"Wake up! Another day of hard work is ahead!" someone yelled.

I opened my eyes and woke up pretty fast. I must admit that I had a good sleep, no matter in what condition I slept. But not everyone agreed with me. Some people felt worse than I did. At least Devyn was in good shape. She caught up with me and followed me to the entrance of the camp, where Peter usually made announcements. We were right - he was standing right there, with Robert, Logan and Ophelia standing in front of him. I always felt uncomfortable looking at them. Logan was a pain in the ass, that's for sure. But Ophelia? It seemed like Peter knew that Gina, Anthony and Jacob wanted to leave and told her to worm them and follow these people to their terminus. But something told me that Ophelia wasn't such a bad person before. And Robert? This guy was so young. I wouldn't give him more than 17 years from the first sight. How can he submit to such man and appreciate his ideas?

"Listen to me! Today is gonna be a hard day. As you may notice, a big herd is coming towards us. But there's no reason to panic. We will protect Bradle Palmer together! It's easy. You must help us strengthen our fences and barricades so the swarm won't crush our sweet home. TO THE WORK, EVERYONE!" Peter spoke.

I sighed and walked out to the barricades before guards will poke me with their guns so I'll move. Everyone else was already here. Outside, I saw that everythig was even worse than before - the herd was absolutely close to us, no further than 10 or 20 metres. It got me a little bit confused. Why did Peter wait for so long instead of infixing the fences before? It seems like this camp doesn't have any chances. I hope Emma and her friends are hurrying up and thinking of a plan. We must leave no later than this night. I grabbed a hammer and a few boards and started to nail them down. Devyn was right next to me.

"Peter is a reckless idiot if he thinks that weak defense that will be made in one day will work." she murmured.

"I know, right? I wonder how keeps such a community in his grip if he seems so... not reliable." I answered.

"Hey, you over there! Shut up and keep working!" Logan hissed. I sighed.

It must sound easy, nailing boards, but it's definitely not. Especially when you have to nail no less than a few dozens of them. Long, monotone work. And the soundtrack of it were creepers' gross moans. They were literally endless and with every minute of those protacted hours they were resounding closer and closer. During the work, I glanced at the holes of the fence from time to time. This pile of rotten bodies covered the whole view. A few creepers from the first row heard the noises of banging hammers and slowly headed towards us. I nervously gulped and looked at the guards, but they didn't seem to care about it so much. All of our weapons were confiscated so if creepers would come too near, there's nothing we could do. When one creeper came too close, I was ready to alarm them, but Robert took out a knife and killed the thing. Logan killed other two.

"Everything is fine. Keep working." Robert said.

"This is ridiculous. It's just another wild goose work. It won't lead to anything. Does he just want to scoff at us? Or he's so stupid?" Devyn whispered.

"I don't know." I answered, attaching another board to a fence.

"I bet he's not enough smart to even look under his feet." she said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Watch and see." she grinned.

Peter walked out, obviously checking out our work. I turned back to the fence, sweating profusely and trying to pretend that I'm working very hard. He walked all along the line of the people and sometimes he kicked the less hard-working ones. I told Devyn to get back to nailing before he punishes her, but she looked at him with an evil grin. And then I saw a sharp nail lying right on his way.

A loud scream of pain flew into the air. Peter grabbed his foot and almost fell down, but he somehow stood still, even though it must've hurt a lot. A small pile of blood appeared under his legs. Oh god, this is not good! A pain on Peter's face tured to pure anger. He didn't even pay any attention to a nail that was stuc in his foot and brought him some serious ache. He was pissed off.

"Oh Jesus." said Devyn.

"Are you out of your mind, Dev? Look what you've done!" I hissed at her.

"YOU FUCKING INGRATES! IF YOU 'RE NOT GONNA TELL ME WHO DID IT, I''L STICK A NAIL IN FEET OF EVERYONE IN HERE UNTIL YOU TELL ME TRUTH!" he yelled.

[Take the blame] or [Tell that Devyn did it.]

• [Take the blame]

Devyn must live. <3

Also I think Gregory would be able to take the beating.

Episode 5 - Divided We Fall [Part 4/6] (?) You chose to agree with Hazel. "Maybe you are right. Maybe there are good things to hope fo

• It's gonna be worse than just a beating.

[Take the blame] Devyn must live. Also I think Gregory would be able to take the beating.

• He'll survive, I've got faith in Greg, otherwise Sips would've sacrificed himself for no good.

It's gonna be worse than just a beating.

• [Take the blame]

Lol, that whole situation was hilarious.

Episode 5 - Divided We Fall [Part 4/6] (?) You chose to agree with Hazel. "Maybe you are right. Maybe there are good things to hope fo

• [Take the blame]

• [Take the blame]

That won't be pretty, but telling him that it was Devyn feels like betraying her.

• [Take the blame]

• [Take the Blame]

• [Take the blame]

• edited August 2014

[Take the blame.] I got a bad feeling Gregory might die even though it's not the end. I really liked this chapter.

• [Take the blame]

Since I'm on vacation and today S2E5 will be released I won't be able to play it or watch it (my internet line here is shit, i cant watch an at least one hour video), so to avoid spoilers I'm going to leave the forum until September when my vacation ends, I will read the rest of the fanfic then.

GLHF ;)

• [Tell that Devyn did it.] If I was really in that situation, I'd own up to what I did. So I should own up to it. Even if it means death. Tbh, if I was really there I wouldn't have done that, but that aside, if I did that, I would rather me get hurt than anyone else.

• [Take the blame.]

• Forget it, I'm back, I was able to watch the episode on YouTube :)

[Take the blame] Since I'm on vacation and today S2E5 will be released I won't be able to play it or watch it (my internet line here is s

• After ETERNAL wait the voting is finally closed! Gregory will take the blame. Ouch, this is gonna hurt.

Firstly, as you already understood, the fanfic won't meet its end before autumn. Because I'm a lazy ass. I'll try to finish it in the first two weeks of September. Secondly, everything is unknown about the game. I have a feeling that I won't have any time for it. Considering that I will have a long school project, hard studies and fanfic to finish, I highly doubt that I will start to develop the game in the nearest few months. I might start it during my winter holidays, because they will be pretty long, the study in the spring will get easier and there will be plenty of ther holidays and free days. The worst thing that could possibly happen is a start of develop in the next summer. I'll try hard to prevent this.

• edited August 2014

K.

I really don't have much to say. I had feels when you annouced the end of the fanfic. Now I'm souless person

After ETERNAL wait the voting is finally closed! Gregory will take the blame. Ouch, this is gonna hurt. Firstly, as you already understoo

• BUMP!

I'm awfully sorry for making you wait for new chapter. My first schoolweek just ended and I'll try to use my spare time and finish Season 2. I already have the ending played out. Oooh, you will love it. Hehe.

• Oh no.

Is Greg gonna fall down dead? Will the whole camp fall out? Who knows? Who knows?!?!

I'm so hyped.

BUMP! I'm awfully sorry for making you wait for new chapter. My first schoolweek just ended and I'll try to use my spare time and finish Season 2. I already have the ending played out. Oooh, you will love it. Hehe.

• As long as you don't make us wait as long as I did with Tales of Europe, now that was a long time. xD

BUMP! I'm awfully sorry for making you wait for new chapter. My first schoolweek just ended and I'll try to use my spare time and finish Season 2. I already have the ending played out. Oooh, you will love it. Hehe.

• Is Greg gonna fall down dead? Will the whole camp fall out? Who knows? Who knows?!?!

I guess you're gonna find out. The next chapter will have a hard ass choice.

Crips posted: »

Oh no. Is Greg gonna fall down dead? Will the whole camp fall out? Who knows? Who knows?!?! I'm so hyped.

• I guess you're gonna find out. The next chapter will have a hard ass choice.

This already spells out disaster for Greg :(

Is Greg gonna fall down dead? Will the whole camp fall out? Who knows? Who knows?!?! I guess you're gonna find out. The next chapter will have a hard ass choice.

• Disaster? I don't want to give you any spoilers, but it will only depend on you.

I guess you're gonna find out. The next chapter will have a hard ass choice. This already spells out disaster for Greg

• Alright, no chapter today. You can turn on your Hachiko mode.

• What does it mean?

Alright, no chapter today. You can turn on your Hachiko mode.

• Hachiko was a dog that waited for his owner to get back home from a train trip for 9 years. Apparently, his owner was dead for all these years :(

But you probably won't have to wait as long. Believe it, my friend.

Crips posted: »

What does it mean?

• Alt text

Alright, no chapter today. You can turn on your Hachiko mode.

• Oh. Okay. That's sad. I'm a dog lover of some kind.

...That sounded dirty. I'll better shut the fuck up XD

Hachiko was a dog that waited for his owner to get back home from a train trip for 9 years. Apparently, his owner was dead for all these years But you probably won't have to wait as long. Believe it, my friend.

• I'm guessing the choices will determine someone else's life over Greg, just my thought!

Disaster? I don't want to give you any spoilers, but it will only depend on you.

• God, that movie makes me cry every time.

• Liek if u cri every tiem

TinyCarlos posted: »

God, that movie makes me cry every time.

• I can't take much more waiting! (Not mad just eager)

• Me neither. I'm so excited to write the ending, because it's epic! But I don't have much time :(

I can't take much more waiting! (Not mad just eager)

• IT'S A PERFECT TIME TO REPLY TO OLD COMMENTS!

Haha, it was probably my fail, but I always thought that Devyn is kinda rebelious... Whatever, she'll redeem herself in the next chapter.

sardines posted: »

[Tell that Devyn did it.] If I was really in that situation, I'd own up to what I did. So I should own up to it. Even if it means death. Tbh

• Not really at all xD IRL i'm pretty shy... I'm rebellious to assholes if you mean that I won't put up with people's shit sometimes, though. :P But I only fight with words... I'd never make someone hurt themselves with a nail, that's mean ;_; Also, I try to be nice to everyone xD

It's fine though, I guess story Devyn is just more badass than I am!! xD

IT'S A PERFECT TIME TO REPLY TO OLD COMMENTS! Haha, it was probably my fail, but I always thought that Devyn is kinda rebelious... Whatever, she'll redeem herself in the next chapter.

• Gustav_KennyGustav_Kenny Banned
    edited September 2014

Greg has to live, otherwise Sips sacrificed himself for no good back in EP 4.

IMissSips

• I know that feel, I have school and football practice so I get home around 6:45 P.M. it really is hard to get a chapter up.

Me neither. I'm so excited to write the ending, because it's epic! But I don't have much time

Sign in to comment in this discussion.