Interactive fanfiction "A Brave New World" [FINISHED]

Comments

• [Take Guards with you]

• The Overkill continues and this time it got my dear Ivan :(

[Take guards with you.]

Episode 4 - The Battle Cry [Part 5/6] (?) You chose to make a run for it. "There's no going back, guys. Just go!" I yelled. Everyon

• The voting is closed! Gregory will take the guards with him. The last chapter of Episode 4 will be this evening. Man, I can't believe that season will end so soon. Kinda nervous about it. It feels like I just made two seasons of lame shit.

• Not true.

I actually enjoyed most of the deaths and plot.

Muhahahahha

The voting is closed! Gregory will take the guards with him. The last chapter of Episode 4 will be this evening. Man, I can't believe that season will end so soon. Kinda nervous about it. It feels like I just made two seasons of lame shit.

• edited August 2014

Oops, some plans got in my way. The final chapter will be tomorrow. But there will also be the first chapter of Episode 5, so be prepared!

• It's not lame shit,

It's da shit.

The voting is closed! Gregory will take the guards with him. The last chapter of Episode 4 will be this evening. Man, I can't believe that season will end so soon. Kinda nervous about it. It feels like I just made two seasons of lame shit.

• Episode 4 - The Battle Cry [Part 6/6]

(?) You chose to take the guards with you.

"Move your asses!" I yelled to them.

(?) They will remember that.

I heard Logan and Robert saying something, but I didn't care. I just rushed forward to the stairs. We had to make it fast and furious. Everyone else followed me, including the guards. I wasn't sure if it was a trap or they really were friendly. But I knew that if they were, we'll get a chance. We have to take every help we can. What if we will run away from here and everything will be fine? We gotta believe. Believe that they will help. If there's a chance, you must get it. End of story.

But my thought were interrupted by my shameful face almost slamming into the door. The gun basement! How could I forget! It seemed like a legit place to lock in. And if someone will get in, we'll have something to protect ourselves with. It wasn't like we even had a choice. All the other room were too far from us. I opened the door of the basement, but all my eyes could see was a heavy darkness. There was no sense of light at all. It made the situation much harder for us.

"Goddamnit. What do we do now?" asked Stephanie, one of two guards.

"Try to turn on the light somehow. There's nothing else to do." I said.

We stepped into the darkness. I carefully held Clara's hands so she won't flip over. We walked slowly and carefully. We tried to look around and notice at least something. My eyes started to get used to the darkness and I even could recognize something. I noticed a strange thing in the middle of the room, but I didn't pay attention to it - I've never been a lot of times in this room to know every corner of it. Duke and Paul scouted around the walls to find a thing that will turn the light on. But it wasn't so successful. I quietly called them and told them to get closer to me. They nodded and went to close the door before we settle here. Even though I could see something, now it became as dark as it was before. I stopped everyone, turned around and tried to tell something to them when I heard a loud rumble. Something around us fell. It looked like some big walls were suddenly built around us. Was it... a lattice?

"What happened?" whispered Anthony with a tremor in his voice. He was scared and shivered a little bit.

"Calm down, dear. I'm sure it's nothing." replied Gina.

But I wasn't so sure. I rushed to the wall and found out that I was right - it was a lattice. I looked around. It surrounded us. The lattice was built solid. Did it really just accidentally fell down and locked us here? I grabbed the bars of it and shook them as hard as I can. My heart sank as a sudden realization came. It was easy to put two and two together. We were trapped here. Trapped by Peter and-

"OPHELIA!" yelled Duke.

I turned my head to the other side and saw scared and confused Ophelia. What is she even doing here? Whatever, it doesn't matter right now. She's our chance! She can help us getting out! Ophelia ran to us. She looked dazed. Duke leaned forward to talk to her.

"Oh god, I couldn't even think that something like this would happen to you... I just..." Ophelia murmured.

"Please, help us! You can find something, I know!" Duke said.

"I want to, but I'm not sure. They can see me." she replied.

"No, you can't leave us like this! Please, do it. Do it for our love." he begged.

A strange silence lasted for few seconds, when we saw how Ophelia's expression changed.
    A sarcastic smile appeared on her face and only became bigger and bigger. It was easy to see that she hardly resisted from laughing. I couldn't even understand what was going on. She leaned forward and her face was really close to Duke's face.

"Oh, poor innocent Duke. If only there was someone who would love you..." she whispered.

The light suddenly turned on. We saw Peter and the other guards standing behind her.

[YOUR CHOICES]

Audacity - You helped your group to escape.

Clemency - You let Clara come with you.

Sorrow - You tried to bury Tess.

Hazard - You made a run for it.

Trustfulness - You took the guards with you.

• NEXT TIME ON A BRAVE NEW WORLD

I was dazed and confused. All I could feel was her lips almost touching mine. It felt like something that will make me forget about everything what happened. It felt like a biggest mistake I'll do in my life. A sudden rage and hysteria filled me from the inside and I couldn't fight against it. I abruptly pushed her off.

"Get back from me." I said with a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Greg, it's just.... It's not what you think it is!" she tried to make an excuse. But I was too angry to listen to anything.

"GET BACK FROM ME, WHORE!!!!" I screamed.

"We have a lot of supplies, yeah. But this baby is premature and it has an awfully small chance of surviving the birth. I'll do whatever I can, I promise, but it someone will die, it won't be only my fault." he told us.

I helplessly looked how Clara cried in pain. I can't imagine what she's through. I tried to help at least with something, but doctor pushed me away. All I could do was holding her hand. She looked at me and my eyes met hers.

"If I won't make it out... Take care of my baby...." she whispered right before she screamed if pain again.

"Our group is breaking down and there's nothing I can do about it. What are we gonna do? How can we break out if Peter's grip I'd we can't even listen to eachother?" I quietly spoke. A girl only sighed.

"Promise me that if you get out if here, you take me with you." she whispered.

"Why do you think we will even get out of here?" I asked.

"Because I know it." she smiled.

EPISODE 5 - DIVIDED WE FALL

• Damn she just pulled a Hans, great episode really looking forward to Episode 5!

Alt text

Episode 4 - The Battle Cry [Part 6/6] (?) You chose to take the guards with you. "Move your asses!" I yelled to them. (?) They will

• edited August 2014

"Our group is breaking down and there's nothing I can do about it. What are we gonna do? How can we break out if Peter's grip I'd we can't even listen to eachother?" I quietly spoke. A girl only sighed.

"Promise me that if you get out if here, you take me with you." she whispered.

"Why do you think we will even get out of here?" I asked.

"Because I know it." she smiled.

SASHA CONFIRMEEEED

NEXT TIME ON A BRAVE NEW WORLD I was dazed and confused. All I could feel was her lips almost touching mine. It felt like something that

• Honestly, I meant another girl. But don't worry, Sasha is still confirmed.

Shumisha posted: »

"Our group is breaking down and there's nothing I can do about it. What are we gonna do? How can we break out if Peter's grip I'd we can't e

• :<<<< for this season?

Honestly, I meant another girl. But don't worry, Sasha is still confirmed.

• WHO IS THE GIRL TRYING TO PUT THE MOVES ON GREG? WILL THE BABY SURVIVE? IS DEVYN STILL ALIVE?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON A BRAVE NEW WORLD!

(Lol, sorry, I wanted to for some reason. Great episode, though!)

NEXT TIME ON A BRAVE NEW WORLD I was dazed and confused. All I could feel was her lips almost touching mine. It felt like something that

• I got a feeling it's Kami.

sardines posted: »

WHO IS THE GIRL TRYING TO PUT THE MOVES ON GREG? WILL THE BABY SURVIVE? IS DEVYN STILL ALIVE? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON A BRAVE NEW WORLD! (Lol, sorry, I wanted to for some reason. Great episode, though!)

• edited August 2014

Is it Paige? :D You don't have to tell me if it's too spoilerish.

Shumisha posted: »

:<<<< for this season?

• Nope. Not Paige.

TWD_25 posted: »

Is it Paige? You don't have to tell me if it's too spoilerish.

• Thanks! Honestly, I have a feeling that it's kinda lame. Now I need to rehabilitate myself with an amazing Episode 5, but I just don't know what to write in it. Lost my inspiration again. Ah, I remember these good old days when I posted 3 chapters a day...

WHO IS THE GIRL TRYING TO PUT THE MOVES ON GREG? WILL THE BABY SURVIVE? IS DEVYN STILL ALIVE? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON A BRAVE NEW WORLD! (Lol, sorry, I wanted to for some reason. Great episode, though!)

• Nah, I think it was good. Though Devyn could be in it more... ;D Lol, I'm just kidding xD

I know the feeling of losing your inspiration... and 3 chapters a day, even if you aren't doing it anymore, was still pretty great. xD I couldn't even manage one chapter every three days... lol.

Thanks! Honestly, I have a feeling that it's kinda lame. Now I need to rehabilitate myself with an amazing Episode 5, but I just don't know

• Sometimes I can't manage one chapter every five days...

Nah, I think it was good. Though Devyn could be in it more... ;D Lol, I'm just kidding xD I know the feeling of losing your inspiration..

• Sometimes I can't manage one chapter every week, lol. I feel that...

Sometimes I can't manage one chapter every five days...

• Ha. Got back from hospital and read everything. Well...that took a nasty turn.

I wonder who fell in love with Greg again. Man, he's surrounded by women.

• Hi, everyone! I'm very sorry that Episode 5 hasn't started yet. I'm just not sure about the plot. I'll think about it a little bit more and maybe start the episode tomorrow. But today, I must bring you bad news...

SEASON 3 ISN'T CONFIRMED.

I'm sorry, but this is true. I have a feeling that the mien story shall meet its end now. I want to finish my fanfic before it goes to absolute shit. I had a great experience writing it and gained a lot of writing skills. Probably one of the best things I did in my life. But everything has to end one day, right? You have to realize a simple truth.

But there's gonna be something else interesting - a DLC called "Days Had Passed". The end of the season will have a lot of unknown fates. They will all be explored in the DLC. It will take place in a year after recent events and have the same structure as 400 Days. There will be a few stories that will be separated in two parts. Each story will have an important decision. The list of choices will come right in the end.

I also start to think about making a text based adventure game after finishing my fanfic. It's not confirmed yet. It's just one if those weird ideas you can have sometimes. I'll try to think this through and maybe tell you everything later, after new episode if the game will be released. "A Brave New World" was a great start and a good experience for me. I have enough writing skills to start another story. The most interesting part of it is when you describe the start of the apocalypse. Maybe I'll go through this once again...

Aaand there's another small news - in the end I'll make a post with all Easter eggs, references, foreshadows and interesting details from the while story. Just to let you know.

That's it. See you later!

• edited August 2014

Alt text

Aww, I will sure miss this fanfic, it's one of my most favourites. :-( But I respect your decision. And DLC sounds really interesting.

Hi, everyone! I'm very sorry that Episode 5 hasn't started yet. I'm just not sure about the plot. I'll think about it a little bit more and

• Ah, bollocks. It was a really good fanfic and it inspired me. But as a writer, I understand it very much. Inspiration, well, isn't always the best, ha.

Looking forward to the DLC and the game tho. Even if the game isn't confirmed yet. He.

Hi, everyone! I'm very sorry that Episode 5 hasn't started yet. I'm just not sure about the plot. I'll think about it a little bit more and

• edited August 2014

Thank you! I'm gonna miss it too. It was an important part of my life. I think that even in a long time after I finished it, I'll still sometimes visit this page. I hope someone will remember about a fanfic "A Brave New World" that existed. I just read everything from the beginning. Man, Gregory grows up so fast.... Feels are coming.

Pipas posted: »

Aww, I will sure miss this fanfic, it's one of my most favourites. :-( But I respect your decision. And DLC sounds really interesting.

• I hope he won't die a horrible death.

My fanfic will have 3 seasons, I planned everything. I still wouldn't have done it without this one.

Thank you! I'm gonna miss it too. It was an important part of my life. I think that even in a long time after I finished it, I'll still some

• edited August 2014

Don't worry, it's more than enough that you made a Season 2 :D plus I don't even have any idea for any new characters to submit xD

Anyway, I also think another season will ruin the story (like TWD S2) especially if you ran out of inspiration, so maybe it's for the best.

Well, let's look forward to the DLC :D

• I haven't posted a chapter in over two weeks.

Sometimes I can't manage one chapter every five days...

• I loved your fanfic. This fanfic and a couple others inspired me to start my own just like Crips said. So thank you for that.

Pipas posted: »

• Thank you, bro. I wouldn't have so much inspiration without you. I wish you good luck and I hope your fanfic will be much better than mine.

Crips posted: »

I hope he won't die a horrible death. My fanfic will have 3 seasons, I planned everything. I still wouldn't have done it without this one.

• Thank you for everything then. I really enjoyed your story and I'm going to be sad when it does end. But I have faith you can give it an amazing ending!

• There's a common saying in Game of Thrones, called "Valar Morghulis"

Alt text

It translates as "All men must die", or metaphorically spoken, everything has to end someday, so it's pointless being sad about that.

What I want to say with this (except that I wanted to bring a GoT reference) is, that I see nothing bad with the fanfic ending. Sure, I'll miss it, but I'll remember it as a magnificent work and as long as it isn't over yet, I'll still enjoy it and most likely I'll give it a reread someday

Kudos to you for doing such a great and awesome work so far. I am looking forward for the finale :)

Take your time, make it awesome.

• Alt text

This is the fanfic that inspired mine :( but I do respect your decision all good things must come to an end.

• Sonya no!!!

I'll be happy to play the text based game and everything else you write...

Maybe... Send me a PM, I have an idea. >:)

• edited August 2014

Episode 5 - Divided We Fall [Part 1/6]

"Oh, poor innocent Duke. If only there would be someone who would love you..."

That phrase echoed in my head. It was all I could hear. Not the car noise, not the whispers between everyone. Only this phrase. Ophelia betrayed us. No, I'd rather say that she betrayed Gina, Anthony and Jacob. She was just a spy who waited for a right moment to hit the community. She made rationally and calm Duke loose his head. She used him to get to know everything about us. And she did a pretty good job, considering that right now this big truck gives us a ride to Peter's camp. What did I feel? I don't know. Disappointment? Devastation? Fear? Maybe. Maybe not.

I silently stared into the wall of the truck. Tess. She died. I think so. It's all a dream. It must be a dream. I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I shivered and turned to my right just to find out that no one touched me. It was Tess. My own imaginary Tess. She's alive. I made her alive. And no one will take her from me... Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP. She's dead, you stupid fucking moron. Stop feeding yourself with empty dreams. What good is an illusion if you know that it's not real? You'll lead yourself to grave. You'll snap. Kill someone. Do something else crazy, I dunno. You're already talking with yourself. See? They will leave you. Who needs a psycho in a team? No one. I squeezed my teeth and literally destroyed the poor wall with my cold and empty stare. I wanted to slap myself, but my hands were tied firmly with a rope. I hated myself. To hell with all this. Keep it cool, Gregory.

I looked at everyone else in the truck. Perhaps there was someone who feel better than me. Duke? He silently looked at Ophelia that was sitting next to a driver. Kami? She nervously glanced around, sometimes noticing me and worryingly paying some attention. Devyn? Her severe stare remained on the same place. Stephanie? She heavily breathed, nervously scratching her hands. Paul? He whispered something to himself, sometimes sharing his thoughts with Stephanie. Clara? She carefully stroked her pregnant belly. Gina? She was comforting her husband. Anthony? All he did was sharing his fears with his wife. We're all useless here. Pathetic dogs, surrounded in the corner. All we could do was pleading for help. Nothing else. It was eating me from the inside, but I had to realize a simple truth. Maybe.... Maybe if we try... We could... Do something about it? At least something?

"We arrived at the camp!" said Peter.

I shivered. None of us knew what will happen to us. But do we even care right now? Someone grabbed me by the scuff and pushed to the exit. I almost flipped over. Same happened to everyone, except Clara. I saw Devyn landing next to me. She was much more hardened than me.

"Careful, asshole." she growled to a guard.

"Shut up before I got mad." he replied. Dev calmed down and joined everyone else who was slowly walking to the camp.

Out appearance made quiet a furor among the camp members. They probably expected to see someone from out camp to become prisoners, but seeing two of the most trusted guards being caught with them was very shocking for them. They whispered to eachother. I could see how they're looking at us. Someone looked at us like a trash. Someone looked at us with sympathy. I saw a small head appearing somewhere in the crowd. It was a girl, not older than 9 years. She had very curly black hair that was kinda hard to see under her dark blue hoodie. She had a violet jumper with a yellow butterfly under it. She also wore jeans and sneakers. The girl was skinny and and not so tall. She had a very shocked look in her face.

"Stephanie!" she yelled, running to us. She pushed away a few guards on her way without hesitation.

"Hazel, no!" yelled back Stephanie.

The girl abruptly stopped in front of one of the guards. I was facilitated when I realized that he didn't hit her with a back of his rifle. That would make me sick. Girl didn't have a fear in her eyes, but she was unsure if she should hold her ground or get back. Right after this, a teen ran to her. He had dark brown messy hair and green eyes. He wore long sleeve dark blue shirt, black basketball shorts, white Nike sneakers and Adidas snapback hat. He looked worried and he softly grabbed Hazel's hand.

"Let's go." he said.

"No, Austin, get off! I want to see miss Stephanie!" the girl begged.

"Seems like your work gets off the control, Austin. Is it so hard to keep children polite and calm?" Peter said severely. The teen shivered.

"I... I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again." he said quietly, almost whispering.

"I thought you said this before. When you let the children play in the armory. Or you let them visit places that kids shouldn't visit. It means that I must wait for another moment like this. Don't you think your duty is not fulfilled enough, Austin? We all must work hard and I can't see it in you." Peter spoke.

"I'm sorry." he said once again.

"I don't need your sorries!" yelled Peter. Austin winced.

"He hasn't done anything wrong!" stepped in Hazel.

"Nobody is asking you, young lady." he said calmly.

"Guys, please, there's no need for this." another girl interrupted him.

She looked somewhere in her mid twenties. She had shoulder length wavy light brown hair, with choppy bangs slightly above her eyebrows. Her eyes were brown. She was thin, pale, and a little gaunt. She wore tight fit grey jeans, a white oversized undershirt with the sleeves rolled up and one side untucked, a brown buttoned vest with pockets, a holster belt, and brown lace up cowboy boots. A girl tried to calm the situation, but it didn't seem to work.

"Great, Emma. I forgot you're the part of this. I thought you supposed to help Austin with the kid." Peter scolded her.

"And I did. Cynthia and Rose are distracted by playing in the yard. Only Hazel ran here, which is understandable, because she saw someone close to her there. It was hard for Austin to stop her. He's a child himself. So please, stop making a big deal out of this." Emma imperturbably spoke.

"I will make the big deal out of this. You've been not caring about your job for a long time enough to get a deserved punishment. Everyone should be polite towards eachother, especially kids towards adults. But they aren't. Because of you and your laziness!" leader argued.

[Step in and defend Emma and Austin] or [Don't interrupt the discussion.]

• [Step in and defend Emma and Austin]

I had to catch up on the last parts i missed, but i'm back and looks like i'm just in time for the new episode! :D

Episode 5 - Divided We Fall [Part 1/6] "Oh, poor innocent Duke. If only there would be someone who would love you..." That phrase echo

• Nice to see you back, Azlyn. Did you read my announcement?

Azlyn posted: »

[Step in and defend Emma and Austin] I had to catch up on the last parts i missed, but i'm back and looks like i'm just in time for the new episode!

• The fact that season 3 isn't confirmed?

Nice to see you back, Azlyn. Did you read my announcement?

• Yeah. And about the DLC and the text based adventure game.

Azlyn posted: »

The fact that season 3 isn't confirmed?

• [Don't interrupt the discussion]

I like seeing Peter's men arguing. Maybe there will be a rebellion.

Episode 5 - Divided We Fall [Part 1/6] "Oh, poor innocent Duke. If only there would be someone who would love you..." That phrase echo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.