Interactive fanfiction "A Brave New World" [FINISHED]

Comments

• edited June 2014

Episode 1 - Rats In Cage [Part 2/6]

(?) You chose to help them.

"I'll be fine, darling. No need to make me a homeboy just because my leg hurts a little bit." I said. Tess crossed her hands on her chest.

"Devyn was right. You're an unwary idiot for sure." she said skepticaly.

"Well, everyone has their weaknesses." I laughed. I took the rifle and got ready for another trip on the surroundings.

(?) Duke, Travis and Mike appreciate that.

"It's great that you agreed to help us. More people is always great. I still don't know why did Samson said that all searchers should be divided in groups. At least he could make them bigger." said Mike.

"Doesn't group B has more people that we do?" asked Travis.

"Nope. John, Ante, Steve and Justin. That's all." replied Mike.

After that we saw that Duke already exited the gates and waited for us outside. We quickly grabbed everything we needed and walked straight forward to the outskirts. Searchers had to do two jobs at once - check the traps we set and look for other survivors. It wasn't that hard though, I got used to it. I like my job. Have you ever had a feeling, that you're useful and you do kinds of good favor? That incredible feeling haunted me for all this 6 months. We have safe lives here and I can surely say that I'm happy. At least we have something left. But my past still weight me down, howveer hard I wouldn't try to forget.

Try to forget all this peope we lost. I knew so many of them. Rachelle. I do not want to get you in danger, I just... want everything to turn out okay. Joan. ARGH, HELP ME! Veronica. Don't worry, Gregory, I'm comi- EEEK! April. Oh really? And I thought leaders give support to members of the team. Huh, leader my ass. Clarice. Everything is fucked, but at least we are safe here... Well, probably. We should barricade the doors and stay here, so these devils will not get us. Stefan. Sup, I'm Stefan! I'm a vet. We are colleagues. Alice. We're not your personal army. If you need this, then you go and bring it. Fredo. I will be alright. I am adult, I am strong... You have someone else to care about. All these poor kids. No! Don't leave us here! Emiline. I FUCKING KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO MY AUNT. That's none of your business. Do not play Mother Theresa here. James. You know, I kept my promise - I said that will only take a few things and leave this place. And I did it! Josh. He's just on the edge. Calm down and everything will be fine. He lost his best friend. Give him a break. Sips. I'm back. Back to my family.... I'm... going home... Arabella. You better watch yourself, whoever you are! Standing frozen in the street won't let you escape! Zed. Hey, what's up with all this hatred? I'm Zed, a doctor. Devin. Devyn. I love you. Bradley. That's great indeed, but we won't reach Willowdale without gasoline. If we're near the end of the city, there should be a gas station somewhere. AC. Huh, got it, prick? Zack. It may sound suspicious, yes. There's a lot of fucked up people out there. But we're not them. Elizabeth. All we can do - is to offer you. Your choice is to accept or not. Nicolette. IAN! HELP ME! Ian, Danny, Sky. They all died because of the goddamn hurricane...

"What are you thinking about, mate?" asked Mike.

"Death. My griup could be bigger when we would reach Willowdale." I quietly replied.

"It happens. Before all this mess death was something awful And now? It's an everyday event. It's like instead of a cup of coffee you see someone you love dying. For example, your girlfriend..." said Mike. I gave him a tired smile. I like this guy. I know him as a wayward, but still brave and strong-willed person. Even while he talked about the worst moment in his life, not a single muscle on his face moved. He doesn't appreciate the compassion for him. But I understand him. I don't even want to think what would happen to me if I'd loose Tess.

But after our small dialogue an awkward silence came. Gregory, don't talk about death with everyone else. It just kills the spirit. But silence was broken by some victorious yells as someone found few traps with dead animals. We grow some food in Willowdale, but hunting gives us plenty of meals too. Finally, I found another trap with a rabbit in it. It wasn't dead. The trap caught rabbit's leg and it shaked and whined, trying to get out. My heart sank.

"What are you waiting for?" asked Duke.

"It's leg is not really injured. I could let him go." I said.

"And loose our food? There's no time for sentimentality. We need to feed people in the camp." disagreed Duke.

"I know, I just...." I said. I couldn't watch it suffering.

[Let the rabbit go] or [Kill it].

• Gustav_KennyGustav_Kenny Banned
    edited June 2014

[Take the rabbit as a pet] sadly that is no choice, so [Let the rabbit go]

The death part made med cry.

Episode 1 - Rats In Cage [Part 2/6] (?) You chose to help them. "I'll be fine, darling. No need to make me a homeboy just because my l

• [Kill it]

Sorry rabbit, but everyone's hungry.

Episode 1 - Rats In Cage [Part 2/6] (?) You chose to help them. "I'll be fine, darling. No need to make me a homeboy just because my l

• Let the rabbit go

• [Let it go, let it gooooo]

• [Let the rabbit go]

• Who the hell disliked this thread??

• Can't we take the rabbid as a pet? :o I agree with Gustav Idea lol
    Let the rabbit go

• LET IT GOO, LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Okay, no, sorry, but we need it. We can't let food go to waste. If it were for real, we wouldn't take that chance. The rabbit's leg is already kind of injured, anyway. It'd be a good thing to kill it and help even more people survive. Just stop its suffering.

[Kill it].

• Lewl, i just noticed that one dislike xD

Crips posted: »

Who the hell disliked this thread??

• The voting is closed! Gregory will let the animal go. I don't really understand your choice, but whatever. Sorry for the short voting - I have post 3 chapters today so votings can't be long.

• No pet rabbit? Aww...

The voting is closed! Gregory will let the animal go. I don't really understand your choice, but whatever. Sorry for the short voting - I have post 3 chapters today so votings can't be long.

• I'm from Greenpeace. :D

The voting is closed! Gregory will let the animal go. I don't really understand your choice, but whatever. Sorry for the short voting - I have post 3 chapters today so votings can't be long.

• What the shit, guys. So we let a rabbit live and let our group starve? Well then why did we choose to go hunting in the first place?!

AKJASKGUIBJDKAKGVDNSBKMAGHAW

-___-

• We're letting it go?

Alt text

I don't get it either.

• Because not much of a rabbit is edible, let's just say that it wouldn't help keeping it, we could maybe... Eat Travis...?

Azlyn posted: »

What the shit, guys. So we let a rabbit live and let our group starve? Well then why did we choose to go hunting in the first place?! AKJASKGUIBJDKAKGVDNSBKMAGHAW -___-

• Alt text

Because not much of a rabbit is edible, let's just say that it wouldn't help keeping it, we could maybe... Eat Travis...?

• Gustav_KennyGustav_Kenny Banned
    edited June 2014

THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO EAT IT. TRAVIS IS A BETTER SOURCE OF FOOD.

• edited June 2014

Episode 1 - Rats In Cage [Part 3/6]

(?) You chose to let the animal go.

I saw plenty of animals already being dead in those traps. And honestly, I was okay with this. I used to like meat before and it wasn't a big deal now. Traps were an important source of the food. But poor rabbit just couldn't leave me indifferent. I sighed and opened the trap. Rabbit limped back in the woods, being happy because of his freedom. I just hope that creepers won't get him.

"What was that?" asked Duke, looking at me and the trap. I turned around.

"I just couldn't see him suffering." I answered. Duke skeptically raised his eyebrow.

"Seriously? You just let him go? It ain't good times, Greg. We shouldn't waste our food like this. I know it." he said. I only glared at him. Of course, Duke always knows better! He's a master in everything!

"If you were in a TV show about survival that doesn't make you a professional. We got plenty of food. I won't let that rabbit die because of our greed. I KNOW IT." I said crossly. Duke frowned. He didn't look so pleased, but he didn't say anything to me. He just mumbled something and turned around to search other parts of the forest. I shrugged.

(?) Duke will remember that.

"All we needed was a fight about a goddamn rabbit." said Travis sarcastically. "Let's focus on our work."

"Travis is right." said Mike.

And everyone calmed down. I felt wind tilting branches of the trees. The forest wasn't that green and bloomy yet. There was a lot of naked trees, that only had a dozen of burgeons. The grass was pretty tall and it was still hard to see single little flowers growing on the ground. But one big and beutiful camomile was under my feet. I almost stepped on it. After I saw it, I squatted down and looked at it. It had crystal white petals and thick green stalk. Suddenly I felt something nice, but strange. The spring is in the air, I guess. Perhaps Tess will like this flower? I plucked the camomile and put it in the pocket of my jacket. I heard few gunshots not that far.

"Creepers snooping around?" I asked. Mike, who shot some of them two seconds ago, nodded.

"They're waking up. Just like the whole nature. The winter was fucked up, but at least there weren't much of them." he said. "It's still cool outside. It'll take a while for them to get back to their full function. But believe me, it's near at hand."

"I don't want to interrupt your talk, but it seems like we checked all the traps." said Travis.

"How many prey did we recieve?" asked Duke.

"Six dead animals. Enough for the morning. I heard that something already fructifies in the greenhouse, so the breakfast will be fine. And some herring is still left from the last evening." spoke Travis.

"Good. Except that we could have seven dead animals." said Duke, glancing at me with a jeer.

"You will remember it till the end of my life, won't you?" I sighed. Duke only nodded.

We all turned around and walked back to our camp with all the prey we had. It was a luxury for us, even though we didn't starve that much. We could afford ourselves only one good meal a day, but that's enough good for us. Stability was something we needed. And we had it. I never dreamed of a steady life before, but right now I'm happy that I have at least first signs of it. The camp was near and was really glad about it, 'cause the pain in my leg came back and I could tell for sure that I ain't walk any further. When we entered Willowdale, Tess noticed me and waved to me. I put down my rigle and limped to her.

"You look like a mess. You should've listened to me." she said.

"It's nothing, Tess. Look what I got!" I said and passed her the camomile. She smiled it and took a smell.

"Thatnks. That's very nice. Gotta keep that flower in my room for a remind that life can get back to normal." Tess said. "Did you get something in the forest? I collected some potatoes and tomatoes today. The greenhouse is very useful now."

"We got some carcase. It'll probably be enough for today." I replied. I didn't tell her about the rabbit.

Six hours flew by soon. It was 3 pm already. Days seem to flow fast. I hardly stood up from a bench I was sitting at, leaning on my injured leg. It still hurted a little. A loud dinner bell called everyone to the canteen. It became very full fast. I took a little portion of the food and shared the table with Matthew, Brendon, Eren and Tess. The meal was simple - some rabbit meat with potatoes and a tiny salad. But I was really goddamn hungry and I would eat anything now.

"I see that today's hunt was good. The searcher groups are really productive these days." said Brendon. Matthew nodded. Those two seemes to be good friends for now.

"Well, if you can call something like this productive, you must be a despaired person thenn." I smiled.

"C'mon, it's not that bad. It's the best we can afford now." cheered me up Eren.

"That's true." added Matthew.

After a minute, grumpy Devyn approached us and sit at our table. She definitely wasn't in the mood right now. I noticed that she didn't have her portion.

"Something happened?" I asked.

"A fucking problem happened. There's no food for me and few other people in the camp. What a shame!" she acrimoniously said. I shrugged and looked at my meal.

My heart told me that I shoud give her all that remains from my food, but the rumbling in my poor empty stomach didn't agree.

[Give her your food] or [Keep eating].

• [Give her your food]

All that remains, haha

Episode 1 - Rats In Cage [Part 3/6] (?) You chose to let the animal go. I saw plenty of animals already being dead in those traps. And

• Alt text

TWD_25 posted: »

[Give her your food] All that remains, haha

• [Give her you food]

Episode 1 - Rats In Cage [Part 3/6] (?) You chose to let the animal go. I saw plenty of animals already being dead in those traps. And

• [Give her your food] Of course I'm gonna give her my food dammit.

• KEEP EATING DAMMIT ITS MY FOOD

Just joking, [Give her your fud]

• OBJECTION!

My father is a hunter and he bought home rabbits a lot of times. Not that i eat rabbits, i have a strictly chicken diet. But all you have to do is skin it, get the guts out, cook it and it's good to go. The rabbit is completely edible.

Because not much of a rabbit is edible, let's just say that it wouldn't help keeping it, we could maybe... Eat Travis...?

• Welcome to the club. We got T-Shirts.

Pipas posted: »

We're letting it go? I don't get it either.

• [Keep eating]

I know I'm Devyn but if were really up to me, I'd want someone else to eat before I did. :/ I can go hungry for a while if it means that other people are happy.

• [Give her your food]

Of course we're giving her the damn food.

all that remains

:3

|:3

(:3

( :3

) :3

):3

|:3

:3

• [Give her your food]

• [Give her your food]

• The voting is closed! Gregory will give Devyn his food. I'll start the new chapter now.

Oh, and sorry if plot is just messed up. Honestly, I have no idea what to write about. I guess that first two episodes will focus on the everyday life in community, telling about its rules, etc. Starting from Episode 3 there will be an awesome storyline. Brace yourselves!

• Episode 1 - Rats In Cage [Part 4/6]

(?) You chose to give your food to Devyn.

Devyn's unpleased face was too much for me. My stomach probably wasn't amused, because even if I got used to a small range of food, I still felt hunger. But Devyn was much younger than me, she was only 16. She needs more food. I sighed and moved up my plate to her.

"Eat it. You probably need more food than I do." I said. Devyn gave me a confused look.

"I never asked for your charity. You look shitty too. You ate less than we did last week." she replied. But I was unshakable in my decision.

"I won't die from hunger, Dev. It's spring time and it means that soon there will be more food. Until then, I'll be okay with all the portions I'll have. Even if there will be none of them." I said. Devyn smiled and finally accepted my offer.

"Thank you. I wonder what would happen to me if I wouldn't meet you." she said and started eating.

(?) Devyn will remember that.

Maybe I was hungry, but at least I felt good. Helping someone always bring you that great feeling. Well, it doesn't bring you food, but... Alright, it has to stop. Don't let yourself suffer because you're such an egoist. I stood up and left the canteen before all this chewing noises will get on my nerves. At least these noises were noises of people eating their food, not noises of creepers devouring their poor victims. One thought about it made me shiver. I haven't seen a lot of them in a while. Of course we got into some massive creepers attack a few times, but it wasn't as common as it was before our life in Willowdale. Even though after the winter creepers will get to "life" quick. But I don't think there's anything to worry about. Our barricades are enough good.

Even in the apocalypse there are these moments, when you don't know what to do. Most people were still in the canteen and all the important work stopped. The streets became emptier than they were before, but I already saw a dozen of people coming out of the canteen. Well, it was pretty obvious, that considering all the food we can afford, you won't waste much time on eating. No, Gregory, stop thinking about the food. It'll only make it worse. Shit.

"Hey, mate, how are you?" suddenly asked me Steve. Only then I noticed that he's already standing next to me. I swear to God, this guy can teleportate!

"You just scared me, Steve. But I guess I'm fine. I can see you're ready for your search." I said, pointing at the rifle he was holding. Steve smiled.

"Yeah. It is Group B's time to shine! John, Ante and Justin will join me soon. Hopefully. I mean, they're not so fast." he said.

"I'm here!" yelled Justin, running to us.

Justin is a 26 year old tall muscular guy with brown hair. He is a typical good guy, but would count this as his virtue. He is kind, hardworking and honest man. Justin is one of those people that will always have your back. I thought all the good guys die first, but he always planned to hold longer then we all will. Or maybe it was just a joke.

In a few seconds the whole group got together. They borrowed all the useful things and left the camp. I saw them walking from the gates. Perhaps they'll have moe luck than we did.

But that wasn't true.

After an hour, the whole Group B came back with an abrupt surprise. They looked messed up, like they got in a fight. And we saw who was the reason of the fight. Three guys followed them. They looked as angry and messed up as our group did. Samson, who saw all this trough the window, immediately came to the main gates. All curious people already crowded around this place. Ante threw these people to the ground.

"Be careful, asshole." said one man. I noticed that two of them wore the prison uniform.

"These two are from prison. And where are you from?" I asked the third one. He frowned.

"I'm from Sweden. But I'm pretty sure that you're asking if I'm from the prison or not. And I'll tell you that I just ran into these guys. Nothing more." he said.

"Who are you?" asked Samson.

"I'm Ivan Dolzahev and it's Beslam Ismaili. I'm Russian and he's Bosnian." said the first man in the prison uniform. He looked in his mid 40's and spoke with Russian accent. Ivan was a really tall, muscular and bald man with short brown beard. He had a lot of tatoos and some very visible scars. His icy blue eyes told us that he wasn't so amused. I gulped. This guy looked creepy.

"I'm Besim, not Beslam." hissed the other man at him. It was a tanned and plump man with dark short hair and a bristle. Besim wore eyeglasses and prison uniform too. He looked a little bit younger than Ivan.

"I don't fucking care." replied Ivan.

"And I'm Sven. Just Sven." said the last guy. He looked like a 40-year old man wit short red hair, long red beard and green eyes. He wore green sweater, black slacks and gray high boots.

"Alright, it simplify the situation. Now tell me, Group B, what happened?" asked Samson calmly.

"These guys attacked us." said John.

"We thought you're one of these... things. We didn't mean to get in a fight. After that we had to defend ourselves." spoke Besim.

"But you threatened us!" said Ante.

"No, don't be so harsh. We're willing to help people. They just made a mistake. Why won't we let them speak and then let them join the community?" offered Samson. John looked offended.

"But these guys are prisoners! And they attacked us! Of course we can just let them go. But that's it." he disagreed.

"We don't need any place in your goddamn community." murmured Ivan.

"C'mon, it's our chance!" said Besim to him. Sven sighed.

"No one gave that chance." glared Steve at them.

"Stop it now!" said Samson.

Damn it, I should say something!

[Leave them] or [Convince them to join].

• [Leave them]

If they don't wanna go, they don't wanna go. Plus, more mouths to feed. ;_;

Episode 1 - Rats In Cage [Part 4/6] (?) You chose to give your food to Devyn. Devyn's unpleased face was too much for me. My stomach p

• I don't know [Convince them to join]

• [Convince them to join]

Episode 1 - Rats In Cage [Part 4/6] (?) You chose to give your food to Devyn. Devyn's unpleased face was too much for me. My stomach p

• uh...how should I know...I have no idea, honesly.

• I forgot to submit my new character, I did now.

• [Leave them]

I don't trust these guys.

• Your nickname is very funny in Polish language :D

Pipas posted: »

[Leave them] I don't trust these guys.

• Reaaally? What's so funny about it? :D

Crips posted: »

Your nickname is very funny in Polish language

Sign in to comment in this discussion.