Interactive fanfiction "A Brave New World" [FINISHED]

Comments

• Hype train crashed.

sardines posted: »

[HYPE INTENSIFIES]

• It was a good idea to leave community for a while...Many chapters to read at once ;)

I've read them and holy shizzel my nizzel, it's amazing ;)

• edited June 2014

Episode 5 - Unknown Path Ahead [Part 4/5]

(?) You chose to offer them some help.

"No, wait!" I said. everyone turned around. "We can't let you leave like this. Perhaps you need any help? We got some food. Or we can split the fuel."

"Actually.... If you don't mind..." quietly spoke Winston with a tremor in his voice. "Since you said that Willowdale is near, two gasoline cans from four may be enough for you. And you could share other two with us. We got cars in our shelter, in case of something..."

"Yeah, it's okay. You can take it." I said and friendly tapped Winston on the shoulder. William and Lloyd picked up the cans.

"Thank you then. That's awfully nice of you." smiled Rafael. Adalbert gave me a weak smile too.

"Perhaps we'll meet again one day." I said.

"Perhaps." replied Thomas. They all waved to us and left the place.

In the meantime, Brendon and Matthew started to fill the fuel tank. Matthew started the car. It emited a loud roar as we understood that we can continue our way. I sat in the RV and it soon drove out the Middleton, right in Topsfield. It was only 9 am, so we will probably reach Willowdale this evening. One thought about this warmed my soul. I looked at the sky and frowned. It was overcasted and gloomy. Chill wind blew fast. Today's not a good weather day. I looked at Eren. I still don't know him that much, but this guy is nice and optimistic. He always cheered everyone up and told funny stories. You always need guys like like this, that can light up the tone. But I've never seen him being that sad. I believe that he was close to Elizabeth and Zack and now they're gone. I sat to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Eren looked at me.

"Worse than I am usually, but.... I'm fine. Maybe." he sighed. "I don't have to put you in all this bullshit. I bet you've lost more people than I did."

"Yes. It's right. I've seen so many deaths of my friends. Rachelle, Devin, Sips and Josh, Zed, James, Arabella... Who I have left now from people I care about? Only Devyn and Tess. I can't imagine what will hapen to me if they'll die." I spoke. "But now we're here, surrounded by all these people. We may not know each other that good yet, but we all get used to eachother. Like Brandon and Matthew - I see them hanging around really often. Because they're together. We're together."

"We are. Maybe if I'll be alone for a while and think about this, I'll get better." he said to me. I understood his gentle reminder and sat back on the sofa, leaving Eren alone. I helped as much as I can. I hope he'll be okay.

So many people lost their friends this day... I looked at Devyn. She looked at me back with a weak smile. She lost her brother only six hours ago and she still felt devastated. Everything goes fine, but at the same time everything is awful. I remember how big our group was and now it's getting smaller and smaller each day. I sighed and closed my eyes. It was a morning, but I was kinda tired and needed a rest. Everyone needed a rest. I hugged Tess, that was sitting next to me and we fell into the nap.

I woke up about two hours later when I heard a loud thunderpeal. Right after this a massive lightning strike came, making me shiver. Weather was getting worse and worse. It was easy to hear a tinkling of raindrops falling on the windshield of RV. There hasn't been a rain in a long time. I could feel that it's really cold outside. My heart sank. Something tells me that it's probably not for the best. Thunder became louder and more powerful. Everyone looked at eachother with a fear. Tess snuggled up to me. Lightning shone bright on the sky. Few raindrops turned into a heavy rain. Strong cold wind outside bended the trees until the ground. It was harder for a car to drive. All of this turned into a goddamn hurricane. It was impossible to keep driving. The RV stopped as we all looked how giant pine fell down, crushing the abandoned kids playground. Weather showed us that it's not a motherfucking game.

"Well, shit. What should we do?" asked Nicolette.

"We must sit here and wait. Getting out there is a suicide." replied Ian.

"That's true." said Devyn.

I heard a loud creak and saw that the big tree, under we parked, was tilting. Why did they even stopped under the tree? Idiots.

"GET OUT OF HERE, GODDAMNIT!" I yelled, pointing at the falling tree. Everyone tried to grab everything they can reach and jumped out of the RV. The tree was huge, but it fell down slow, so we still had time to get out. The last peope that were leaving the RV were Ian and Nicolette. Ian almost reached us, when Nicolette stumbled and fell down.

"IAN! HELP ME!" she screamed. The tree was already low and it was about to crush the car. Ian faltered, trying to realize what to do and after a few seconds ran away so the toptree won't break him. I only heard Nicolette's cry of pain and a quiet bone crunching.

I foud myself separated from the group. Only fogg, the wall of rain and dusk surrounded me. Everything merged in the dark and heavy greyness as I tried to see something in vague distance.

"TESS! DEVYN! EREN! ANYONE!" I screamed. But nothing could break through the thunderstorm. Fuck, I need to get out of here!

[Find a safe place] or [Find the group].

• [Find the group].

I'm not letting another member of Dev family die.

Episode 5 - Unknown Path Ahead [Part 4/5] (?) You chose to offer them some help. "No, wait!" I said. everyone turned around. "We can't

• [Find the group]

Oh shit, it's a last chapter in whole season where we can vote!

• [Find the group]

Episode 5 - Unknown Path Ahead [Part 4/5] (?) You chose to offer them some help. "No, wait!" I said. everyone turned around. "We can't

• [Find the group]

• Prepare your butts for Paul Sykes AKA Sjin in Season 2.

He'll be ready to use some mothertruckers.

He'll ask who's ranium it is.

And last but not least, He'll build some mahogany doors.

Sjin, only on Brave New World, Season 2.

• [Find a safe place] Better look for them later, right now it's better survive.

• [Find a safe place]

• [Find a safe place]

• [Find the group]

• ;v;

[Find the group]. I'm not letting another member of Dev family die.

• edited June 2014

[Find the group]

Changed my mind, lol.

• Gustav + Sardines = ❤

I ship you, guys :D

;v;

• edited June 2014

[Find the group]

• The voting is closed! Gregory will find the group. It's pretty late in my time zone now, but I'll write THE LAST CHAPTER OF SEASON! YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE HOW EXCITED I AM!

• Lol, that isn't awkward at all :P /sarcasm

HE'S LIKE, 10 OR SOMETHING, THAT'S WEIRD (that's an exaggeration, lol)

Crips posted: »

Gustav + Sardines = ❤ I ship you, guys

• Gustav_KennyGustav_Kenny Banned
    edited June 2014

WAT? I'm 10 all of a sudden? Come on, Devyn.

Lol, that isn't awkward at all :P /sarcasm HE'S LIKE, 10 OR SOMETHING, THAT'S WEIRD (that's an exaggeration, lol)

• Gustav_KennyGustav_Kenny Banned
    edited June 2014

But I won't wait much longer 'cause these walls they're crashing down,
    No I won't wait much longer 'cause these walls they're crashing down,
    And I keep coming up short

The voting is closed! Gregory will find the group. It's pretty late in my time zone now, but I'll write THE LAST CHAPTER OF SEASON! YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE HOW EXCITED I AM!

• yes. you are 10. :P

WAT? I'm 10 all of a sudden? Come on, Devyn.

• I'm 13, also we need to sing a duet for the people on the lounge.

yes. you are 10. :P

• I know, it was a joke :P And okay, sounds good to me, but what would we even sing? xD

I'm 13, also we need to sing a duet for the people on the lounge.

• A song that we both like, I guess.

I know, it was a joke :P And okay, sounds good to me, but what would we even sing? xD

• It's a pretty unknown song, I'll go with what you want, I don't like any particular kind of Music.

Well... what if we don't like any of the same songs? xD I'd never even heard that song you sung in the Lounge.

• Well... what if we don't like any of the same songs? xD I'd never even heard that song you sung in the Lounge.

A song that we both like, I guess.

• edited June 2014

Episode 5 - Unknown Path Ahead [Part 5/5]

(?) You chose to find the group.

No, I can't leave them like this! I must find them! At least one of them!

"TESS!" I yelled. I heard something far from me. It was her!

I covered my face with my hands and tried to break through the unstoppable wind and pathless greyness. I tried to take a peek through my fingers, but I could see nothing. Everything was dark, and that's it. The wail of the wind and powerful hits of raindrops were only things I could hear. But I still moved forward, trying to find Tess. I spotted a silhouette in front of me. It's Tess! I touched its shoulder, when suddenly, instead of her, a creeper turned around and tried to bite me. In such hurricane I was moveless and blind, but somehow I found my knife and plunged it into the creeper's neck and killed it. I saw a dozen of the same silhouettes around me. Well, now I'm double fucked. I tried to call someone else, but I didn't do it, because I realized that it was a bad idea. Creepers didn't notice me. They were attracted by the thunder and they can't see or hear anything else because of it. Now, all I had to do is to struggle against the wind, trying to find someone from our group and escape. But I should do this carefully, so I can avoid creepers.

As I moved forward, more and more monsters were coming around. Now, amongst the wind howl and raindrop bombardment, I could hear groans and illegible noises. I stepped into a crowd of shadows and felt the rale behind me. I turned around and spotted a creeper following me. Another few turned to me and started to go after me too. I was full of fear and despair and I knew that all I could do now is running to those strange noises far forward from me. The wind tried to bend me, but I was steadfast and I tried to go faster, even though my actions were useless. But at least I gained some speed and creepers won't catch me anymore. I could make out their shadows, falling to the ground by the powerful wind.

But right behind them I saw another shadow that definitely acted human. My heart sank. It should be someone from our group! The shadow was short and I could see vibrations around it, that reminded me of a hair waiving in the wind. I could be mistaken. But it's now or never, now or never!

"AAAAAAAAAARGH!" that was the only thing I could scream, putting all my misery in it. "WHOEVER YOU ARE, IT'S ME, GREGORY!"

A shadow stopped and turned around. I heard more wheezes and moans. Oh no, they heard me! But it didn't bother me - I knew that someone else heard me. I tried to run forward as fast as I could.

"GREGORY! IT'S DEVYN!" she yelled me in answer, running to me too.

I heard more yells and turned around. Another shadow waved hands, but it impossible to understand what it was trying to say. I could only hear a man's voice, but I didn't recognize it. To his horror, creepers approached him and started eating him alive. Who was it? I heard more screams of pain somewhere far away and a sound of something massive falling down. Fuck, not the trees! I turned back to Devyn, trying to run to her. She rushed to me too. We were close and I tried to say something to her when we heard a crackle of the pine's treetop destroying the power lines with its mass. It was falling right on us. I jumped off, trying to escape it, but the hurricane didn't let me do it. I somehow avoided it, but I didn't get far, so the impact wave of the huge falling tree threw me somewhere away. My poor head strucked the ground. Pain shot through my head. I couldn't even stand up. All the greyness became even more promiscuous as I helplessly tried to lean on my hands. I could only see some blurred dots, that were probably shadows of creepers, slowly approaching me.

It doesn't matter anymore. I'll die.

Well, shit. I'm still in consciousness.

I opened my eyes and looked at the clear white ceiling. Wait, isn't this suposed to be a grey clouded sky? I raised myself, leaning on my elbows. I felt the pain in my whole body. I found myself in some sort of a hospital. It wasn't sunny outside, but not as harsh as it was before. Does it mean I was just lying in the coma in the hospital and it's all a dream? But when I sat up, a door to the room opened and three men came in. They looked at me with a smile.

"Look, he already woke up." said one of them. It was a man with short brown hair, pale skin and wide brown eyes. He wore glasses, a jeans and a sweatshirt. I also noticed a blue watch on his left arm.

"Well, Steve, there's always one guy of the group that wakes up first and we have to show him everything." grinned another one. He looked as an average man with brown hair and hazel eyes. He laughed. "Right, Ante?"

"Yeah. What are you waiting for, John? Help him to get up." he replied. Ante was a tall and slim man with short black hair and brown eyes. John approached me and helped me to stand up from my bunk. I felt a little bit dizzy.

"What happened? Where am I?" I asked. Steve smiled.

"You and your folks got caught by that awful hurricane. As you see, there's a lot of trees in our settlement, so it wasn't easy for us too. But we found you ad helped you. Now you are in the safe place."

"My folks?" I asked and turned around. I saw more people lying on the bunks. Sadly, I couldn't see their faces. "Let me see them! Are they all here?" I tried to approach one of them, but John and Ante grabbed me and didn't let me do it.

"Hold on, sir. Let them rest. We brought all the people we found, so we don't know if they're all here. But we need you to do something important. Follow us." said Ante. He, John and Steve led me outside. I had no other choice but to follow them

As I stepped outside, I was surprised. I saw asphalt footpaths and a lot of people walking through them. Somebody cleaned weapons, someone handled real gardens (gardens!), some children just played arouns. I saw a big barricade far away. It looked like a small village before the apocalypse. Even little house wre standing around. This place is amazing! In a minute we reached the main housing, a big building. After few stairs, corridors and doors they led me to a room. It was a big room with a couch, a desk and a rug. I saw a man sitting at the desk. It was quite a mature man with a golden neat hair and a hoar beard. He was wearing glasses and a jacket with jeans and hiking boots. A man turned around. I saw two shotguns hanging on the wall.

"Oh, I know this sir that you brought to me." he smiled at me. "You are free now." he said. Steve, John and Ante left the room. A man pointed his hand at the chair, inviting me to sit down. I did it.

"So, who are you, mister?" he asked.

"My name is Gregory, I'm from Canada and I'm 22 years old. I'm a simple survivor, I'm leading my group that was caught in an awful event today. Seems like your people saved us." I spoke. A man grinned.

"They certainly did, huh? I'm Samson, I'm from Canada too and I'm ruling my settlement. We are always looking for more survivors, trying to let our community grow. We are driven only by need to do good deed. You may had already seen what we attained. But that's not the limit. And I hope you and your group will find your place here. That's our only wish." he spoke. Samson looked like a nice person.

"That's great indeed, but... what do you mean by "here"?" I asked with a confusing look on my face. Samson only grined.

"Welcome to Willowdale."

THE END OF SEASON 1

[YOUR CHOICES]

Countenance - You let Devyn kill her brother.

Pliability - You fought people instead of making a deal.

Gratitude - You offered your saviours some help.

Daring - You tried to find your group.

• edited June 2014

CHARACTERS STATUS LIST

Alive: Gregory, John, Steve, Ante, Samson

Unknown: Tess, Matthew King, Devyn, Brendon James Farron, Eren, Danny, Ian, Sky Smith, William Dickinson, Lloyd, Winston Tsao, Adalbert, Rafael, Thomas, James, Ben, Travis, David Parker, Erica, Megan

Dead: Rachelle, Clarice Chang, Devin, Veronica Dumhope, Emiline, Arabella, James Hodge, Chris Lovasz (Sips), Josh, Alice, April, Fredo, Joan, Spark, Zed, Stefan, Joshua Samuels, Elian, Kevin, Artie, Willy, Bradley O'Cart, AC, Zack Lockwood, Elizabeth West, Kaden, Liam Deveraux, Michael, Joel, Nicolette

• Does this mean that submission box will be open soon?

ALSO THAT WAS EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Episode 5 - Unknown Path Ahead [Part 5/5] (?) You chose to find the group. No, I can't leave them like this! I must find them! At leas

• I'M UNKNOWN ): Oh nooo. I hope I didn't die!

This was a great end to the season though, good job :D

CHARACTERS STATUS LIST Alive: Gregory, John, Steve, Ante, Samson Unknown: Tess, Matthew King, Devyn, Brendon James Farron, Eren, Danny

• YOU DID AMAZING!!!

ALSO GREAT! SJIN WILL ARRIVE.

Thank you, bro. It's late here now and tomorrow morning I have to go to the barbershop, but once I'll be home, I'll open the submission box.

• Thank you, bro. It's late here now and tomorrow morning I have to go to the barbershop, but once I'll be home, I'll open the submission box.

Does this mean that submission box will be open soon? ALSO THAT WAS EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thank you :) The fate of Devyn will be known in Season 2.

I'M UNKNOWN ): Oh nooo. I hope I didn't die! This was a great end to the season though, good job

• Gregory walks out side to kill walkers, finds Devyn as a walker, kills her and walks away doing a luigi death stare.

Thank you The fate of Devyn will be known in Season 2.

• How late? Is it like eight?

Thank you, bro. It's late here now and tomorrow morning I have to go to the barbershop, but once I'll be home, I'll open the submission box.

• It's 11:36 pm. I'll probably get to sleep soon.

How late? Is it like eight?

• I will stay awake all night waiting for you opening the submission box.

It's 11:36 pm. I'll probably get to sleep soon.

• Lookin' at that list almost makes me cry, they were great characters, R.I.P in peace, everyone, especially Devin and Sips.

CHARACTERS STATUS LIST Alive: Gregory, John, Steve, Ante, Samson Unknown: Tess, Matthew King, Devyn, Brendon James Farron, Eren, Danny

• ): GUSTAV WHY

Gregory walks out side to kill walkers, finds Devyn as a walker, kills her and walks away doing a luigi death stare.

• Calm down Devyn, It was a joke, you're alive out there, somewhere along with Sjin.

): GUSTAV WHY

Sign in to comment in this discussion.