Interactive fanfiction "A Brave New World" [FINISHED]

Comments

• [Let Devyn kill her brother]

In my story you didn't have time to do this when he died, you've got that time now.

Episode 5 - Unknown Path Ahead [Part 1/5] 2 weeks later Winter is coming. I can feel it in my bones. I wrapped myself in a plaid. A

• edited June 2014

The voting is closed! Gregory will let Devyn kill her brother. I'll FINALLY write new chapter now. And there are also some good news - I'm not sure yet but perhaps there will be 2 chapters tomorrow. IT MEANS MY FANFIC WILL END ON SATURDAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MlaIe1ljs

• edited June 2014

Episode 5 - Unknown Path Ahead [Part 2/5]

(?) You chose to let Devyn kill her brother.

"I know you can do it." I whispered, passing Devyn the gun. She slowly took it, looking right in my eyes with sadness. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Everyone went outside. I turned around and followed them.

"No, wait! I want you... I want you to be here. Please." she said, grabbing my hand. I approached her. I knew that she could only let me be here. I knew I should help her. She wants me to help her. She sighed and pointed her gun at her brother's head. His leg was bleeding out and he looked very weak. He covered his wound with his remaining hand.

"Devyn." Devin said quietly with the last effort. He breathed out. "I love you."

"I love you too. But don't make it more difficult than it has to be." she replied with a grin. He gave her his last weak smile. But the look on Devyn's face slowly changed as she put her finger on the trigger.

A loud noise of shot was heard.

She passed me back my gun and left the RV with hands crossed on her chest. She didn't look at her brother, but I did. A big bullet hole in his head caused his brains to smear around the wall. I covered my mouth to prevent my meager breakfast getting free from my stomach. Eren peeked in the RV but he quickly left it with a shock on his face. Brendon and Matthew walked in.

"We will help you with their funeral." said Brendon.

"I'll carry Arabella, Brendon will get Zed and you'll hold Devin." Matthew added. They both picked the bpdies from the floor and I did the same with Devin. Oh god, why did all this happen... I stepped out the RV gently carrying Devin. Matthew and Brendon already folded bodies of Arabella and Zed down. Sky got the shovel and started to dig the earth. Nicolette and Elizabeth joined her.

I looked around. It was cold and pitch black outside. I winced. Everything made this moment even darker and creepier than it is. I saw Tess concealed with a plaid, looking at all of this with her blank stare. North wind swingled her blonde hair and her bright green eyes sparkled with a pity in the dark. Devin stood next to her. She turned her face to me. I saw an endless pain and misery in her dark brown eyes that merged with the dark cruel night. I sighed. Why does it have to be so hard?

Girls already digged out the pit and men put bodies in there. They hollowed big clods of earth and dropped them to these pits, covering pale corpses of our friends. Soon they dissapeared in a big heap of earth. I found some big rocks around and moved them to the graves - that's how we marked them. We couldn't just bury them in the ground and leave them like this. Everyone approached the graves. Now should start the talking part. Because Devin was Devyn's brother she had to talk first. She tried to look like nothing happened and braced herself to talk. I know that it's hard. I have to talk every time we bury someone. Because I'm the leader. Because I should cheer everyone up, keep up the spirit of the group. And it's very hard. "With great power comes great responsability." I sighed and looked at Tess. She looked at me back and gave me a weak and tired smile.

"I knew my brother more than anyone else. We may not share the same blood, but we share our hearts. We weren't just brother and sister. We were th organic whole. When all of this mess started I feared of his death more than anything else. When he was bitten, it felt like I was bitten with him too. But he survived. He had gone through the pain and he did it. He fooled the Death. He thought about this and I thought the same. But it turned out that the Death fooled us. If he didn't die from a bit, he'll die from another bit. She decided it and she said "so be it". I lost the part of my heart with him. But he would want me to move on. I know it. And I will say just like Death did once: "So be it." spoke Devyn. After that she silently walked back to the RV. Now it was my turn. I approached the graves.

"Our new lives are much more different. Now, losing someone you love is routinely. Now, when you look in the window you won't see singing birds - you'll only see corpses. It's awful, but important part of our lifetime. Like Devyn already said, we have to move on. We don't have any other choice. When you run from monsters, you shouldn't look back. That's the same. But deaths of everyone we once knew will be like a burn on our hearts. And if we struggle against those creepers and our generation will be known as a generation that survived, names of the people who shared their lifes to us will forever be in our minds." I spoke. I looked at Devyn through the window of the RV. "So be it."

We all walked back to the RV. I saw that Devyn was already napping. I got back on the sofa with Tess. She shared a plaid, cuddling with me. Matthew turned off the light and everything became dark again. I have a feeling that now darkness reminds of the worst moments of my new life. I used to get to sleep fast but right now I just couldn't do it. I carefully tumbled, trying not to wake up everyone else. Tess opened her eye and looked at me. I saw that green eyed stare even in the darkness.

"Forget about everything. Get to sleep." she whispered.

"I know. I just... can't." I replied. I suddenly felt her lips stroking my cheek.

"I know you can." she said to me. I smiled, but then I sighed.

"Maybe, baby girl. Maybe I do."

Our morning started with a sharp braking. Bradley's body pinned me to the sofa in a fast and sudden fall. I heard Tess' squeak as I pressed her with my body.

"You're alright?" I asked her, helping her to stand up.

"Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry." she answered. "What the hell was that?"

Everyone stood up, confused and creased. They murmured something, complaining about the bad driver, but they didn't know yet that it wasn't his fault. Matthew walked to us from the driver's cabin.

"I brought you come bad news. We're out of gas." he said. That doesn't promise any good.

"Shit. What do we do now?" asked Ian.

"Don't ask stuoid questions, Ian. It's obvious that we should search the town for gasoline. Nicolette, where are we now?" said Sky.

"We're still in Middleton, but I'm not sure where. Since we can see the bridge across the Ipswich River, I think that we're in the intersection of the Middleton-road, East Street and Peabody Street. We're near the end of the town." Nicolette replied.

"That's great! If we will keep driving, we'll approach Topsfield tomorrow, and it means that we are almost at the Willowdale State Forest! I can't believe it!" said Eren. But nobody shared his excitement.

"That's great indeed, but we won't reach Willowdale without gasoline. If we're near the end of the city, there should be a gas station somewhere." spoke Bradley. Nicolette showed her map.

"Yup. Here it is, right back in the East Street!" she said, pointing her finger at it. Bradley smiled.

"Great. I'll go for it, but I need four more people. Who goes with me?" I asked. Elizabeth, Bradley, Zack and AC raise their hands first. "Alright. Let's go then. We shouldn't waste our time."

I grabbed my good old backpack and took some things with me, but I didn't make it too heavy so I could easily carry gasolin cans. Other people decided to take only their weapons. We exited the RV. Tess ran to me.

"Be careful." she said with a smile. I smiled back.

"Always." I replied.

The station was pretty near. It took us only 10 minutes to walk to it. Here it is, standing right in front of us in its glory! Now give us some gasoline, baby. We walked to it, preparing to get all the gasoline we can, when somebody walked to us. It were four men. A slim and a little bit tanned guy with jet black hair and rectangular glasses; a man in a hoodie with brown hair, blue eyes and a scar on his cheek; a muscular ans tall man with long brown hair and a beard; and finally, a skinny guy with messy black hair and a big scar going to his eye. I frowned. It's probably not for the best. Those guys do not look that friendly. Elizabeth took out her gun.

"Alright, don't worry, we don't want to hurt you. Well, if you're not going to do something bad to us, of course." the messy black haired guy said. "I'm Kaden and this is my crew. A man with a beard is Michael, a man in a hoodie is Joel and the glasses guy is Liam Deveraux. We're just survivors."

"Well, that's great. And so what?" said AC skeptically. Kaden hemmed.

"Of course it's great. Because we're here to offer you a deal." he spoke. "We've been watching you for some time. You and your RV. And you know what? We're tired to walk on our feet. The RV would be nice. And so here's the trade - you give us the RV and we give you enough gasoline to power few simple cars you can find back here. It sounds nice, you know?"

"Not so fucking nice. You're too demanding so you can't get these cars for yourselves? There is quite a lot of people in our group and there's only four of you. It makes sense that RV should belong to us. How can we fit in a few cars" I asked.

"Well, you can make a goddamn cortege!" laughed Liam. "Well, whatever, cut your shit. Don't even think about fooling us. We'll hold our ground. And don't try to sneak in the station, we took all the gasoline."

"No money - no honey, remember?" Joel grinned. He walked to me with a knife and showed me it. "My fucking friend won't be happy. Decide now or never."

"We won't make any deal. Don't even think about it." I said severely. Michael mockingly looked at me. He shaked the gasoline can right in front of my face.

"Oh really? But I thought you wanted a gasoline, sweetie. And I understand you. But gasoline is the only thing we have and we won't give it to you just like that." he spoke. I didn't remove my stare from his tongue-in-cheek face.

"We would rather walk on our feet than making a deal with you." whispered Elizabeth with anger.

I touched the knife in my pocket.

[Fight them] or [Make a deal].

• Alright, another HUGE ASS part! I really lazy about starting to write, but I once do this I can't stop. HELP ME PLS

P.S. I still need to talk with Samson's author. I'm waiting for you, brah.

• edited June 2014

I'll have to go with my gut....
    [Fight them]

edit: Damn, nice work on that chapter. I thought you lost your inspiration, I guess I was wrong :D

Episode 5 - Unknown Path Ahead [Part 2/5] (?) You chose to let Devyn kill her brother. "I know you can do it." I whispered, passing De

• [Fight them]

Episode 5 - Unknown Path Ahead [Part 2/5] (?) You chose to let Devyn kill her brother. "I know you can do it." I whispered, passing De

• [Fight Them]

• Sorry about me not voting, I'm still mourning Sips.

• edited June 2014

[Fight them]

Also the funeral was really sad.

Alt text

• [Fight them]

TinyCarlos posted: »

[Fight them]

• [Fight them]

Here's to hoping Matthew go's all assassins creed/ninja on their asses XD

• No fight deal let them come with us maybe if they wana suppose to [Make a deal] Fight them is radical solution

• ;_; My brother... noooooo... Devin ;____;

[Fight them]

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE

• [Fight them]

Even though I fear that this decision might get Bradley killed. But giving up the RV is a bad decision.

• [Fight them]

• edited June 2014

The voting is closed! Gregory will fight them. New chapter will be soon. And my chapter schedule moved a little bit - there should be 2 chapters today and 1 chapter tomorrow, but now it's the opposite. My fanfic will still end on Saturday though. In the end of the Season I'll make a status list of characters and a list of easter eggs and interesting facts.

• edited June 2014

AWFUL NEWS! There will be no chapter today. I'm really, REALLY sorry. I'm not sure if I'll do all 3 chapters tomorrow, or I'll end the Season on Sunday. I hope you're not offended.

• Wait, end the fanfic?

AWFUL NEWS! There will be no chapter today. I'm really, REALLY sorry. I'm not sure if I'll do all 3 chapters tomorrow, or I'll end the Season on Sunday. I hope you're not offended.

• No, I meant "end the season". I'll fix it.

Wait, end the fanfic?

• [Fight them]

Nasty-ass bastards. Fight the crap out of them.

• Just sending you a message in case you didn't get a notification from the Camp Robinson story! I edited the original post, and I think that might end you following me. Just wanted to tell you that the second part is up!

The voting is closed! Gregory will fight them. New chapter will be soon. And my chapter schedule moved a little bit - there should be 2 chap

• GUSTAV WHY

[Let Devyn kill her brother] In my story you didn't have time to do this when he died, you've got that time now.

• Episode 5 - Unknown Path Ahead [Part 3/5]

(?) You chose to fight them.

"Elizabeth is right." I said and took out the knife. I stabbed Michael right in the hand. He screamed and dropped the gasoline can, falling down on the ground. He tried to reach his gun, but I stabbed him in another hand. I didn't want to kill him, I'm not some bloodthirst monster. But they should learn a little lesson from us.

"Motherfuckers!" said Joel and tried to stab AC.

Kaden and Liam took their guns and started to shoot. I heard Bradley's wheeze as the only thing he could emit - a bullet from Kaden went right through his neck. Bradley helplessly covered his bleeding throat and fell on his knees. You'll pay for this! I took Michael's gun and tried to shoot Joel, who fought with AC. I got him right in the knee. He slowly slipped down with a cry of pain.

"Huh, got it, prick?" mocked at him AC. I shot him at the hip and saw him bleeding out. Joel, with an expression of a pure rage on his face, grabbed his knife and plunged it into her stomach three times. She moaned and fell down next to him, while he stabbed her again. Blood-red chain of bowels fell from her stomach. I couldn't stand it. I shot her in the head to put her out of her misery. Joel already looked weak and pale and I decided to leave him there, bleeding to death.

"GREGORY!" yelled Zack right behind me. I turned around and saw Kaden pointing a gun at me with a grin. He was about to pull the trigger, when Zack pushed him on the ground, leaning heavily in him, so Kaden's bullet flew in the nowhere. But the second one reached Zack's heart. Kaden pushed off his dead body from him and quickly stood up, pointing the gun at me. Liam held Elizabeth by her curly hair, putting a knife to her throat.

"Nice fucking try. Too bad you are too weak. Let's talk about the deal again." said Kaden. I frowned.

"Why would you do that? Is there no other way to survive?" I tried to be friendly. But it only amused them. Liam smiled.

"Well, we chose our way and it's none of your buisness." he hissed. I winced. Oh god, what do I do?

"Lives of those people is none of your buisness too." somebody said. I saw a group of seven people with weapons. A man with white spiky hair and trimmed beard pointed the gun at Liam.

"Oh, good afternoon, Bill. What the fuck are you doing here? You didn't have enough bullshit?" strained Liam. William grinned.

"Just let them go. We will deal with you another time. But we don't want you to hurt anyone else." said another guy. He was a muscular guy witn black eyes and hazel eyes. He didn't grab his weapon, trying to reason with him. According to their talks, they know eachother. But who are they?

I inspected the whole group. Besides these two, there was a tall, muscular guy with strawberry brown hair, hazel eyes and pale skin; a short man in a police uniform, with green eyes and short black hair; a guy in black clothes, with black hair and sad grey eyes; a young lad with long hair, white skin and brown eyes; and finally, a slender man with hazel eyes and black ponytail, wearing an orange t-shirt with a hamburger, long beige shorts, sandals with socks and glasses. That is, indeed, a motley team.

"Yes, of course. I'll let them go." said Liam and cut Elizabeth's throat. She wheezed, falling down. Kaden pulled the trigger, but I was enough fast to dodge it. A guy with strawberry brown hair put a bullet in his head. Liam tried to run, but few bullets dropped him down. Few seconds after this they turned to me.

"Seems like you are left alone now." said William. "By the way, I'm William Dickinson. A guy that helped me out is Lloyd. A policeman is Thomas. A guy in black clothes is Adalbert. Young boy is Rafael. Black haired and hazel eyed guy is James. And the mute one is Winston Tsao."

"Well, thanks. For saving me, at least." I sighed. "You knew these people?"

"Yes. Kaden's crew had been here for a while. Sick fucks." answered Thomas. "We've been in a deep conflict with them. They stole from us. And even killed few other people in our group. I'm awfully sorry for your friendss. It's hard, I know. But we can't leave you here, all alone. Come with us. We have a little camp in this camp."

"Thanks, but I'm not alone. I got a group back there. We were supposed to get gasoline for our RV here. But these guys had it. They offered us a deal and we didn't accept it. And look what they did..." I said quietly. Those guys looked at me with a sympathy.

"Oh. My bad then. But we can conduct you to your group. Just to make sure you're safe." Thomas replied.

"That would be nice. I could ask my group if they'll allow you to join us on our trip to Willowdale." I said.

"Willowdale?" asked Rafael.

"Yes. It's a big community in the Willowdale State Forest. It's near here, right after the Topsfield." I answered.

"Sounds great, but we're okay in here. If it's near, then it will be easy to reach Willowdale in future, but right now we're happy in Middleton. Sorry." said Rafael.

"It's okay. Let's go then." I smiled. Everyone nodded. I grabbed the gasoline cans that were left by Kaden's crew. We walked in the direction of my group.

We approached it fastly, but I still got enough time to find out about them. Adalbert has an amnesia and they saved him from the death in the nearby supermarket. Thomas is looking for his girlfriend. James is educated in medical field. Rafael is a geography teacher. They all seemed nice and cool guys. Too bad I had to leave them soon. When we walked to the RV, Tess ran to me.

"Thank God you're back. Who is it? Where are the others?" she looked nervous. Everyone else approached us too. I took a deep breath.

"They... they are dead. We ran to a bad guy and his crew. They refused to give us gasoline, and we made an awful decision to fight them. These guys saved me and conducted me. It's William, Lloyd, Winston, Rafael, Adalbert, Thomas and James."

"Dead?! Oh no... Elizabeth, Zack... No...." whispered Eren. He looked really sad. I sighed. He knew them longer than we do. They were his friends... Matthew friendly tapped Eren on the shoulder, offering him to get back in the RV. Matthew grabbed my gasoline cans and tried to look calm and steadfast, but I saw a misery on his face. I can't get over their deaths too. AC and Bradley were really nice too. Oh God, we lost so many people...

"Well... I'm afraid we must go. It was nice to meet you, guys, but we will stay here and you will leave the town soon. I just hope you won't forget us." said Adalbert.

"No, we won't." I gave them a tired smile. I saw them walking away and something started to eat me inside. I can't just let them leave like this!

[Offer any help] or [Let them go].

• edited June 2014

[Offer any help]

So many people dying... :(

Episode 5 - Unknown Path Ahead [Part 3/5] (?) You chose to fight them. "Elizabeth is right." I said and took out the knife. I stabbed

• A few more will die! >:D

Pipas posted: »

[Offer any help] So many people dying...

• Alt text

A few more will die! >:D

• Why does the girls always die in such gruesome ways? Anyway, I need a few minutes to think about which choice I should vote for.

• Aaaand my character is dead... I knew it. But I had a feeling these guys would have betrayed us anyway. Looks like I have to think about a new character before season 2 starts. At least this new group avenged my death :D

[Offer any help]

Episode 5 - Unknown Path Ahead [Part 3/5] (?) You chose to fight them. "Elizabeth is right." I said and took out the knife. I stabbed

• Imma make a deceased list.

• Really? I never really noticed anything gruesome in girls' death. I'm a girl myself, so all the gore isn't special.

Why does the girls always die in such gruesome ways? Anyway, I need a few minutes to think about which choice I should vote for.

• edited June 2014

"tall, muscular guy with strawberry brown hair, hazel eyes and pale skin"

:D

• [Offer any help]

• [Offer any help]

• [Offer any help]

• [Offer any help]

• [Offer any help]

• [Offer any help]

• The voting is closed! Gregory will offer them help. I'll start writing now. AND THE SEASON WILL END TODAY! OMG I'M SO HYPED I DON'T EVEN!

• [HYPE INTENSIFIES]

The voting is closed! Gregory will offer them help. I'll start writing now. AND THE SEASON WILL END TODAY! OMG I'M SO HYPED I DON'T EVEN!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.