Interactive fanfiction "A Brave New World" [FINISHED]

Comments

• [This is too risky. Do what you want, but I won't appreciate that.]

Episode 3 - Friends Or Foes [Part 1/6] I stood in the room that I already knew as much as everyone did. All seven guys who were with me s

• Urk...Let's give it a try, so we can regret it later. This Peter guy sounds a lot like Carver. :x

Episode 3 - Friends Or Foes [Part 1/6] I stood in the room that I already knew as much as everyone did. All seven guys who were with me s

• Yes. I'm a bra. :D

Thanks very much tho.

Take your time, brah. I'm very excited for new chapter from you

• [This is too risky. Do what you want, but I won't appreciate that.]

• edited July 2014

[This is too risky. Do what you want, but I won't appreciate that.]

• [This is too risky. Do what you want, but I won't appreciate that.] What if he's like the Governor and he just kills us for all our stuff??

• [We must give it a try. It's a whole community, we'll just loose our chances!] I know I will regret it later, but it seems like even if we choose the other option we will give it a try in any case.

• [This is too risky.]

• The voting is closed! Gregory will say that it's too risky. Sorry for waiting, but new chapter will be only this evening.

• Episode 3 - Friends or Foes [Part 2/6]

(?) You didn't agree with Samson.

"This is too risky. Do what you want, but I don't appreciate that." I said.

(?) Samson will remember that.

"Fine then. You do have a point. I'll think about it for some time. You're free for now." Samson said.

We all nodded and soon left the room. I heard Group B discussing all this, but I decided to stay away from this for now. But I knew it's not going to end well. Or maybe I'm too paranoid. I guess we all are, because we've seen plenty of bad stuff happening. Perhaps this community is better than I think it is. I mean, who knows. Only time can prove it. But being too paranoid right now is equal being careful. I hope Samson understands it. Something is telling me that he probably doesn't. I trust him. He's the leader here. But at the same time I think he's not enough pragmatic. It's his choice, but he's responsible for all of us. Not sure if I depend on him in this situation. Even though I must do this. I'm not the main character here, in this camp. My job is to follow orders. It probably sounds selfish, but I miss that time when I was the leader. Forget about this, Gregory.

I was pretty sure that these people followed Group A to the western housing. It wasn't that far from here, but it definitely wasn't near. Well, a little walk never killed anybody, right? I just walked forward and at the same time looked around. Life in our camp was very busy now. There are no jobs, no schools, no supermarkets or any other places you should get to almost every day. But the streets of Willowdale were already kinda full. Well, not so full. I believe there are not many people in our camp. Twenty five? Thirty? I don't even remember. Even though our camp is like a very small village and we do know everyone who lives here, but there are some with whom we don't talk much and people with whom we are friends. I never had many friends before the apocalypse. Two or three, not more. And I got so many of them when this all started... But I still don't know if they were really my friends or I just needed someone to stick with so I won't cease to function because of the loneliness. But I have Devyn, Matthew, Eren and everyone from my searcher group. It's enough for me. I call them friends. Not buddies, not bros, not fellas. Friends.

Time flows fast when you're thinking about something and automatically go, without paying attention to anything else around. I got back to my normal state when I almost bumped into the door of the housing. Well, my face definitely wouldn't forgive me if I would introduce it to the wooden door. I entered the housing and saw everyone in the hall. Tess, Matthew, Eren and Devyn were here too. What are they even doing here? I noticed that Duke stood somewhere apart from everyone else. I wanted to talk to them, but I knew that something is wrong with him. I walked to Duke. He turned to me.

"Do you want something?" he asked.

"I want to know if you're okay." I said. Duke looked nervous.

"Yeah, I'm... I'm fine. I got to know some of this people already. I talked with Ophelia." he replied. Now I know what's wrong. Ophelia!

"You like her, right?" I asked. He looked dazed.

"W- what? That's ridiculous! I don't need any sweet romances during the goddamn apocalypse. And she's not even in my taste. Ophelia is two years older than me." he murmured.

A cunning smile slowly appeared on my face. Duke looked around and tried not to make any eye contacts. He didn't look nervous at all. He was just kinda confused. But I've seen a lot of people and I already know how to recognize their emotions. He couldn't hide it from me, however he tried. I got a little bit closer and he finally turned to me, even though he still didn't look at me. He focused on something behind me. But I still tried to sneak into his head and catch something that could tell me the truth. Duke didn't look amused at all. He frowned at me.

(?) You caught him in a lie.

"Really?" I said with sarcasm.

"That's none of your fucking business. What's your problem? Just leave me and go find another victim." he said with a grumpy face.

I only grinned and walked away. He'll have to admit it one day. He has no other choice. Is it good to hide everything inside? Duke is that type of person, but I'm sure he'll change soon. I kinda changed when I fell in love with Tess. Once I remembered Tess, I approached the party in the hall. They all turned to me with a smile. I spotted a free place on the sofa and sat there. I felt that I can't stand anymore. My leg still hurt. I rubbed it. I hope it'll get better soon. Sooner than I think.

"So, what's up? I heard you were talking about Bradley Palmer or whatever this place is called. Did you discuss anything new without these guys?" asked Devyn.

"Samson is planning to send a group out there to get to know these people. I don't appreciate this idea." I said.

"I agree. It sounds dangerous." she replied.

"Why not? It's a new community, new people! I think it's great." smiled Eren. He turned to these people. "Peter is not that bad, right?"

"He's not good and he's not bad. It's hard to characterize him. You can't expect what he'll do next. He can suddenly act nicely or suddenly act cruelly. He's definitely not a leader off our dream. But he's reasonable with strangers. He won't hurt you. At least I think so. I never knew him that good, even though as a local medic, I was close to him." Gina spoke.

Eren wanted to say something, when suddenly the door to the housing was opened. Samson walked to us. He definitely wanted to tell us something. We were hyped, but at the same time we were nervous a little bit. I saw that Ivan and Sven were with him too. They looked calm and reliant. I bet he already told them everything. Samson stopped in front of us. We looked at him, waiting for him to say something.

"Those are very important news and I'll tell them to everyone else on the main square this evening. But right now you must know. I decided that we must send a group to examine the camp. We don't need that much people. I wanted to send Group B there, get Ivan, Sven and add another man there - Gregory." he spoke. I was confused, but at the same time flattered. Why would he need help from me? I thought I said that I don't appreciate that. But he chose me, so I must go there. It doesn't seem as a big deal. "But unfortunately, Greg can't go. His health won't allow him to do it. He was ready to go on searches, but getting this far is too much for him. It means that I need someone else. Perhaps someone wants to volunteer, but I would rather choose this person myself. Thank you for your attention." he said.

Now I was even more confused. Is he even serious? I just... couldn't understand it. My leg was still pretty fucked up, but I think it's enough healed to let me get on the far distances. It's just not fair! Everyone looked at me with sympathy. I sighed. Well, now I'll have to stay here. Great. I wanted to walk away when suddenly Tess patted me on the shoulder and pointed at the room next to us. She wanted a private talk. Oh. I nodded and followed her there. I'm grad that the room was free for now. She closed it, but she didn't lock it. It must be not that serious then.

"Gregory, I want to volunteer for a place in the group." she said.

"Tess, are you.... serious? You can't imagine how dangerous it is. I don't want you to go. It's just not good for you. This is ridiculous." I said. Tess frowned.

"Of course I'm serious. What's so bad in it? I can take care of myself. You're my boyfriend, not my dad, but you sure as hell act like it. It's embarrassing. Why can't I have my own choice?" she argued.

"I don't act like your dad. I'm just trying to keep you safe. It's normal. You make a big deal outta nothing." I held my ground.

"I'm not a damsel in distress, Gregory, I'll be fine! I appreciate your care, but I don't want to be sheltered by you. It's stupid. If I'm a woman, it doesn't mean I'm weak. And if I'll volunteer for it, nothing will happen. You are the one who's making a big deal outta nothing. For the first time I liked how you kept care of me and didn't let me do anything that could be possibly dangerous, but right now this is getting annoying. Be happy I even informed you that I want to do that, because I have every right to make my own decisions. Actually, I'm even one year older than you. What's the point?" she spoke.

"I know, I just... Don't want anything to happen to you." I said quietly.

Tess smiled and walked to me. Before I could say anything I felt her lips on mine and finally became softer. This beast knew my weakness and it used it without any shame. I smiled back. A fair man and a caring boyfriend fought inside me. I knew that she's right, that she can do it. But at the same time I felt that it's my duty to protect her. She looked softer now too, but I knew she'll still try to convince me to let her go. I don't know if I should say "yes". I don't know if I should say "no". Everything blurred inside me, and I wasn't able to reply to her.

"Neither do I." she finally said.

"You're bit going anywhere, Tess. I'm sorry, but you can't." I replied. She frowned and she looked angry.

"Jesus, Gregory, what is wrong with you? Do you just get a satisfaction when you goddamn control me? I bet you still remember yourself as a leader, but once you lost your status, you started to decide everything for me! I'm getting sick of it! I'm adult, I'm strong, I can handle everything. Man, I've been gone through a lot if things just like you did! And somehow you still think that I'm a woman in fridge, who'll die without a choice whenever she'll try something. This is the most stupid thing I've heard. YOU'RE JUST SELFISH!" she yelled.

[Apologize and let her volunteer] or [Insist on staying here].

• [Apologize and let her volunteer]

Episode 3 - Friends or Foes [Part 2/6] (?) You didn't agree with Samson. "This is too risky. Do what you want, but I don't appreciate

Episode 3 - Friends or Foes [Part 2/6] (?) You didn't agree with Samson. "This is too risky. Do what you want, but I don't appreciate

• Such spicy garlic pie.

[Apologize and let her volunteer]

• [Apologize & let her volunteer]

• [Apologize and let her volunteer] I'm not letting her tell all that and insist :P

• edited July 2014

The voting is closed! Gregory will apologize to Tess. I'm sorry for waiting, the chapter will be today.

• edited July 2014

Episode 3 - Friends Or Foes [Part 3/6]

(?) You chose to apologize to Tess.

I knew I was wrong and I felt very ashamed. I helplessly looked at Tess' angry face, that soon turned into tired. She sighed and crossed her hands on her chest. I saw how she walked to the other corner of the room. I opened my mouth, trying to say something, but it was harder than I thought. Guilt inside me only grown, but I still couldn't say what was on my mind. Apologizing is always harder than starting a fight. But I must do it. Is it so hard, Gregory? Stop. You love her. You shouldn't even think about it. Your apologize will cheer her up and give her a chance. She's right. Righter than you think. I took a deep breath. God, I'm so stupid. But I finally got a will to do that.

"I'm sorry, Tess. You're right. I shouldn't underestimate you. I hope I dint offend you that hard. You can do whatever you want, and I appreciate that you want to volunteer. Sorry. I was too harsh to you. I promise, it won't happen again." I said softly.

Tess turned to me with a sad look, but I saw how corners of her mouth turned up. Gosh, I love her smiles. She slowly walked to me and sat on the ручка кресла. She put her hand on my shoulder and rubbed it. I smiled back to her. But her smile slowly disappeared and she looked somewhere aside. A melancholic look on her face brought me some memories that I wanted to get rid of for a long time already. But I knew that she did it accidentally. There are things that she wants to forget to. But her stare got me back in present times. I saw guilt on Tess' face.

"Thank you. I knew that you will trust me. And I'm awfully sorry for the hard time I gave you. Sometimes I just... get of the hook. It never happened to me before. But I guess that after this stress we've all gone through, we just change. Sometimes not in good side. We've seen enough fucked up people." she spoke.

"But you're not fucked up." I smiled. "Come here, baby girl."

Tess sat on my knees and put her head on my shoulder. I interweaves my fingers into her thick golden hair. I suddenly felt myself very peaceful. All the storms that raged in our room calmed down. Her breath on my neck made me feel goosebumps on my body. I closed my eyes and lied back on the folding of the chair. A small room that was filled with yells before, now as completely silence. I hated silence. It referred to the worst moments of my new life. But now, my silent memories replenished a pleasure in my heart. I destroyed my guilt with delight. I was happy. Kinda. You need moments like these to remember that you're still alive. That you still crawl through all this.

Our little nap in eachother's hands reminded me of that time back I the RV. I felt good there too. Hope filled me from inside. I looked in the bright future with my friends and new people next to me. I remember how I fell asleep on the couch while embracing with Tess, just to wake up and find hanged Arabella. And then loose Zed. And then loose Devin. I wonder if Devyn still remember this day. Yes, she does. I'm sure of it. Through these 6 months we brought his death up only three times. But I don't judge her. I understand how she feels. The past is in the past, whether we like it or not. We've seen so many people dying. Even if we never got a chance to know them closer and get attached to them, we still miss them. I try to let it go, but I can't. Not even in Willowdale. But at least Devyn knows what happened to her brother. She said goodbye to him. I have an older brother too. I never knew where is he. Is he alive or not. I wonder what he thinks about me now. But a quiet sigh brought me back to reality.

"I love you." I said to Tess.

"I love you too." she replied.

How many time we spent here, half an hour? Not so long. I got used to the fast floss of days that I never caught up. But right now time passed very slow. It's still Wednesday. It's still today. It's only 6 pm. And it was an awfully long day. The next one will be the same. Stability, I guess. But right now it's the best thing you can think of. I'd change everything for such life, but I never had to do it. Oh wait, I did. I changed lives of people we lost. Even though I knew that blaming myself is irrelevant here. They agreed to make their way to Willowdale. I sighed. I blames myself harder when I was a leader. Do I miss these times? Yes, I do. As much as I don't want to believe it. I don't know if being a part of the grey mass is eating me out. But sometimes I feel a little bit uncomfortable.

"You're always so thoughtful?" smiled Kami to me. I suddenly realized that I was talking to her.

"I am." I smiled back.

"Well, thoughtful guys are the most charming ones." Kami chuckled. But after a small awkward laugh she looked at me with seriousness. "I heard that you and Tess argued about something."

"It was so loud? Well, it's not a big deal. Happens sometimes. But I appreciate that you bother about this so much. It's just not needed." I said.

"Sorry then. Forget about it. That was very dumb." she replied.

"Don't worry, it's nothing." I said.

I turned around and approached the group from Bradley Palmer. I didn't talk to them yet, but I know that everyone else already got along with them. These guys were quite talkative and charismatic. Only Ophelia kept more quiet than her friends. They looked people with kind hearts. I that they'll prove me right. It would be such a shame for them to turn out to be bad people. We already got someone who doesn't make a good impression, according to the talks about him. Anthony turned his face to me.

"Oh, you must be Gregory. I've heard about you." he said.

"We'll, I'm a celebrity here. Gregory Robert Morgan, if you're fancy." I replied.

"Great. We're already told you most things about us. We're not so special people with awesome biographies. Just like everyone, I think." he smiled. This guy was nice.

"But I believe you've been through a lot." I said.

"Haven't anyone? But if you mean Peter's camp, then don't make mountains out of hills. It wasn't a best place you can imagine though. We're not natural warriors, so being under such control wasn't as awful for us as you think it is. But we're here now. It seems like a good place. And there are good people. I like Devyn, Travis and Eren already." spoke Gina.

"But that Duke guy is kinda strange. He's always nervous and a little bit cold. He doesn't really make a good impression. For now, at least. Why is he so weird?" asked Ophelia.

"That's because he..." I tried to answer, but shut up before I made a big mistake.

"Because he what?" she wondered.

[Because he likes you.] or [Because he's just like it. He's better guy than you think he is.]

• i'm so confused by the random non-English word ;_;

[Because he's just like it. He's better guy than you think he is.]

Episode 3 - Friends Or Foes [Part 3/6] (?) You chose to apologize to Tess. I knew I was wrong and I felt very ashamed. I helplessly lo

• Oops, I wanted to translate them with a help of Google, but I forgot :D I'll fix it. I'm so dumb.

sardines posted: »

i'm so confused by the random non-English word ;_; [Because he's just like it. He's better guy than you think he is.]

• [Because he's just like it. He's better guy than you think he is.]

Damn this is awesome, but I still don't think it'll beat the first season.

Episode 3 - Friends Or Foes [Part 3/6] (?) You chose to apologize to Tess. I knew I was wrong and I felt very ashamed. I helplessly lo

• I have faith in you Sonya, if Episode 4 and 5 are real great it'll probably be as good as the first season.

Thank you I knew it though. But don't worry, Episodes 4 and 5 will be juicy. If I won't fail, of course.

• Thank you :( I knew it though. But don't worry, Episodes 4 and 5 will be juicy. If I won't fail, of course.

[Because he's just like it. He's better guy than you think he is.] Damn this is awesome, but I still don't think it'll beat the first season.

• [Because he likes you]

I totally ship Dukelia.

Btw, that random Russian word made me laugh :D

• [Because he likes you]

• Hillarious fails 4ever

I'm sorry, I failed so hard

• I'm sorry, I failed so hard :D

Crips posted: »

[Because he likes you] I totally ship Dukelia. Btw, that random Russian word made me laugh

• Ah deyogurt.

[Because he likes you.]

• [Because he likes you.]

• [Because he likes you]

Duke is going to be so mad...

• edited July 2014

The voting is closed! Gregory will tell Ophelia that Duke likes her. Mah boi, this is going to be something.

• When will it be out?

The voting is closed! Gregory will tell Ophelia that Duke likes her. Mah boi, this is going to be something.

• In an hour or two.

When will it be out?

• I love you. KEEP THE FANFIC COMING, SONYA!

In an hour or two.

• Agreed :D

I love you. KEEP THE FANFIC COMING, SONYA!

• Awwww, thank you! c:

Crips posted: »

Agreed

• edited July 2014

Episode 3 - Friends Or Foes [Part 4/6]

(?) You chose to tell her about Duke's feelings.

"Because he likes you." I said.

Ophelia wanted to say something, but she couldn't. She looked at her friends with a very confused look. Gina and Jacob chuckled, Anthony hardly resisted from laughing out loud. Ophelia turned back to me, asking a wordless question with her eyes and I nodded. She raised her eyebrows and by her expression I could surely tell that she's trying to digest the information I shared with her. I smiled like an idiot and right now I could understand Anthony, because the gamma of emotions on her face was literally hilarious. I bit my lips, trying not to awkwardly laugh. Duke is going to kill me. Oh god, I'm so dead. Finally, Ophelia's confusion turned into an awkward look on her face. She glanced at different corners of the room, being kinda nervous.

"Well, uh.... It's a very interesting fact to know." she said.

Anthony couldn't stand this. He burst in laughter. Ophelia turned to him with an angry look. Gina felt funny too, but she immediately became serious and gave her husband a backslap. He offensively looked at her and didn't say anything. Right now I was very happy that I was more patient than he was, because if I would laugh right now too, I would sound like stoned or something. I suddenly felt euphoria and my mood got much better. I'm not sure if this is funny or awkward. Oh god, why? Why did I even say this? I hope Duke won't know that Ophelia knows. Or at least he won't find out about the source of this information. Gregory, why do you always plump something absolutely irrelevant?

"Let's change the subject." I said. "So, Jacob, I remember that back in Samson's office you said something about documentary and your camera."

"Oh, yes! I used to study in the university to be a movie director. I always liked cinematograph. When all of this stuff happened, I was in panic. But I suddenly saw my camera and remembered all the lectures about filming. I grabbed it and decided to record everything juicy or interesting that I see. I realized what an awesome documentary it would make! I totally believe that all this will come to an end, just like this Eren guy in your camp. He's cool. We both think that in a year or a little bit later all the eaters will just die. And when civilization will be built again after this, I'll become goddamn famous! My movie will be like a memory to the next generations." he spoke with an excitement. "Memory about the hardest struggle against awful events with flesh-eating monsters...." he said with a pathos, slowly moving his hand to the right and showing outlines of his future movie title. That was funny, but at the same time kinda cool. I bet he would be an awesome director.

"Sounds great. I hope you're right." I said.

"We all do." agreed Ophelia.

Our door quickly opened and happy Travis rushed in. Honestly, I almost took a dump in my pants. I expected everything except Travis. We all turned to him. If he's so happy, then here must be some exciting news. He raised his hand in the air, asking us to give him a second to catch his breath. It looked like he ran a pretty long way. He definitely want a sprinters so it is hard for him to be in such hurry. I can't even imagine what he's trying to say to us. He was breathing heavily for the next minute while we looked at eachother with misunderstanding. Finally, Travis came back to normal. A big smile appeared on his face.

"The searchers are ready to leave. They're already packing their stuff. You must say goodbye!" he said.

I walked outside and saw a crowd that covered everything. I somehow pushed myself through it and got in the first line. One big truck stood in the center. Ivan put there a box of supplies. I think they'll give it to Bradley Palmer members as a present. Group B already sat in the car body. As I realized, Sven was going to drive the truck. Tess and Ivan still stood outside. I walked to Tess and embraced her. We kissed. I was worrying, but I knew that Tess is enough tough to hold out if something goes out of control. I should've let her volunteer even before getting in that stupid arguments. She looked at me with gladness and pacification. I smiled to her and she smiled back.

"Don't worry, everything will be good. We will get back next morning. You'll have these walkie-talkies to communicate with us." she said. "And I'll be fine. I got awesome guys to rely on. If I will have to rely on someone, at least."

"Yeah, don't worry. We'll keep an eye on eachother. "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" Ivan replied.

"That's Bible, right?" I asked.

"Yes. I still keep it with myself, even though some people think it's stupid." he answered.

When everything was packed up, Steve gave a signal. I held tightly my walkie-talkie that Tess gave to me. Yes, everything will be alright. Don't doubt that. I looked forward. Besim ran to Ivan and told him something. They probably said goodbye to eachother. I know that they're friends. I suddenly remembered Matthew and Brendon. Well, I hope at least these funky prisoners will keep together for a long time. I couldn't see Matthew's face in the crowd. That was pretty obvious because he never liked all these public stuff and things. My stare got back forward and I saw how Tess reached out the truck and waved to me. I waved back to her. This trip is going to be short. I hope they'll get back sooner than I think they will.

I hope.

I looked at the big clock on the main housing. 11 am. It was morning already for a long time. A big clew of feelings shrank in my chest. I nervously bit my thumb. Don't worry, everything will be good. We will get back next morning. These words corrupted my mind. I pushed the button on the walkie-talkie, but it only gave me a treacherous interference. Again. For the seventh time. First few times they communicated with us. Told us about the road, about these creepers they saw, about the entrance to Bradley Palmer. And they never answered again. Tess never answered again. And Ivan. And Sven. And John. And everyone else. I sighed. I knew there was something wrong with this bloody camp!

"Something is wrong?" I heard Devyn's voice.

I turned around and saw Devyn, Eren, Mike and Duke behind me. Duke looked calm as usual. I guess he knows nothing yet. That's probably for the best. But it didn't really change anything. I took a deep breath. They all were kinda worrying. But I knew that they worry about me, not the searchers. Mike slowly raised his eyebrow, asking for an answer. I sighed an crossed my hands on my chest.

"The searchers are not back yet. And they walkie-talkies remain silent." I said quietly.

"What if their visit to Bradley Palmer is going too good so they don't have time to answer? Everything is fine. Keep your head straight." said Devyn.

"No, everything's not fine. You don't understand. We must tell Samson. Perhaps something did happen." I disagreed.

"Yeah, it's kinda suspicious. Maybe we should let Samson know, just like Gregory say?" appealed Duke to Devyn.

"I highly doubt that. You're just paranoid. If Tess is going to be a little late, it doesn't mean she's in trouble. They can be on their way here now. And the signal can be too weak, that's why they can't answer. Just wait before you wake up all the camp for nothing." said Eren.

I kept biting my thumb. Oh god.

[Start panicking now] or [Wait some time.]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.