Interactive Fanfiction: The Road Ahead.

Comments

• This is really good. Im excited to see what my character will be like when it's introduced haha

• Who's your character? I'm planning on introducing several this episode.

ayylmao posted: »

This is really good. Im excited to see what my character will be like when it's introduced haha

• Can i make one character?

TWD_25 posted: »

Who's your character? I'm planning on introducing several this episode.

• I closed it because there were a lot of characters to big but P.M it to me and I'll try.

supersagig posted: »

Can i make one character?

• edited November 2015

Episode Four - As We Fall [Part 3/6]

[Drink]

"Gimme that." I snatch the bottle right out his hands. I take a sip, this stuff already tastes nasty but I keep drinking. All my fears seem to almost vanish in the sea of Bourbon.

"Someone's thirsty." Tony jokes.

"Oh shut up." I sarcastically say.

"Wow looks like someone has made quite the one-eighty in a matter of what? Three days?" He starts laughing.

"I you're making a reference to my hair let me just say it's too hot for long hair."

"Not just the hair, Selena told me you used to be somewhat of a wimp."

"No way!" I furrow my eyebrows. "Never was and never plan on it!"

“Why do you even have bourbon?” I question him as I hand back the bourbon.

“Been saving it for a desperate night, not coming anytime soon so we may as well have it now.”

“Okay but where’d you get it?” I pry.

“A couple nights ago, I bought it before all this started. You may not believe it, but back then I was a party animal.” Tony had told me.

“Oh I believe it.” I reassure his ego.

“Not proud of it but I wasn’t the best guy before all this happened. Just cared about money and getting laid.” He takes another gulp. “ I could’ve been there more, for my family, for Selena.” He faltered.

“You’re not a bad guy Tony, you’re actually one of the only people not losing their minds. None of us are! Brecker on the other hand…” I whisper, there’s a long wave of silence but it’s not awkward, it’s actually comforting.

“It sure feels like that sometimes. What about you? You’re going strong.” He told me, there was a long pause before I spoke.

“Just trying not to become a psychopath.” I joke slightly but deep down it’s the truth. Tony laughs with me at the thought of me going crazy.

“But really. I’m just trying to be grateful, I mean we’ve only been without food for how long?”

“Two days.” Tony responded.

“Exactly. We should be lucky we’ve had food this long. Plenty of others would kill for that.”

“How do you think he’s doing?” I ask him about James.

“I don’t know, back than it’d take years to grieve and nobody would blame you. Now, you keep this stuff up for a couple days and everybody gives you the cold shoulder.” Tony spoke softly.

“I know, but he hasn’t once brought it up since the apartment.” I whisper in his ear. “That’s just not normal.” I say.

“It was pretty bad, Milfred got shot right infront of James, I would be sick if that was my dad.” Tony tells me.

“Keep moving! They’re dead, you’re just going to kill yourself if you go back!” I could tell it was Selena he was imitating.

“She told me that when I told her we should go look for them. She just flat out said it was a stupid idea. I mean they could’ve lived, they both could be alive right now looking for us and it makes me sick. Who would turn there back on family?” He whispered in annoyance.

“I would.” I tell him. His eyes widen in shock. “Well my dad anyways.” I clearly spoke. Tony’s horrified face had slowly morphed into one of confusion.

"My dad was a decent guy when he wasn’t shitfaced drunk.” I tell him. How ironic I was drinking.

“He used to have this one type of alcohol in his bedroom cabinet. Vodka I think." I try and recall. “Yup definitely Vodka.”

“He left us, he called my mom a bitch and left us. They found his car totaled on some freeway and that was that. But he didn't just kill himself. No, that would be too good. The asshole killed an entire family in this white mini van."

"Why haven't you ever told anyone?" Tony asked me after a long pause.

"I was scared. But now I'm not."

"I'm sorry about that." He said. But I wasn't, I never cried when I heard the news. Not even for a minute. My mom became didn’t get off the bed for months when she heard the news, even though the look in her eyes when she saw him was pure fear. And my little brother Pat was too young to even know what was going on.

"Yeah, me too." I lied.

I felt his arm wrap around my shoulders. I squirmed for a second but I couldn’t deny it felt good in some sorts, warm.

“To forgetting about the past.” He suddenly said and took a gulp. He handed me the bottle.

“Cheers.” I take a sip, trying not to get black out drunk.

The next morning wasn’t as bad as I would’ve imagined, not in the slightest. I noticed I was still lying in Tony’s arms when I got up.

“Fun night?” Bridgit nudged at me with her arm and a smile that looked like she was about to bust out laughing.

“Uhhm, no.” My lie is paper thin.

“Relax, I’m just kidding. Nothing happened.” Bridgit said.

“Where’s Matthew?” I asked James who aside from Bridgit was the only person up.

“Don’t know. He couldn’t have just left us if Cynthia’s here.” He points to Cynthia who’s got a book lying on top of her.

James wakes everyone up. Anton, Cynthia, Judy, Tony and Selena. He splits us all into groups. Selena checks the perimeter for biters and any parts, Anton and I are checking for any food. Bridgit and James are checking the garage for gas and Tony and Margareth get the job to look for Matthew.

“Wait a minute. We can’t just leave the kids all by themselves.” Tony says. “What if there’s biters?”

“I- I mean we can take Judy.” Margareth corrects herself to we, she seemed to get along with Judy these past days on the road. Maybe it was to cope with Ned because she treated her like a child.

“I guess Anton and I can take Cynthia.” I told James. Her eyes seemed to glow for a second, but her face quickly returned back to a glum face.

“Now Judy, stay near Margareth and Tony at all times. And listen to them.” I tell her.

“Okay. That’s not going to be a problem, Margareth’s my friend.” She tells me.

“I was even thinking of killing her.” She whispered.

“Wha- What!?” I said in horror. “Why?” I say, I almost want to say more but I’m too stunned.

“Because she’s my friend.” Judy replies nonchalantly.

“Just- Just don’t.” I stumble for words.

“We can’t make any promises, not anymore.” She tells me. A small part of me knows she’s right.

So we walked, Anton Cynthia and I went past several gates, once in a blue moon there was an airplane that was docked and not in terrible condition. I looked out the wall of broken windows, several dozen walkers were in roaming the runway fields. It would be a picnic for Selena.

“We’ll go back to that plane later to scavenge. We should check these stores first.” Anton told Cynthia and I.

“Smart thinking.” I reply to him. I looked at Cynthia and him standing side by side, Cynthia was almost his height. If Anton was maybe 5’5, Cynthia was 5’3.

I look at this one store ahead, I think there might be some food in there judging by the sign that hangs over saying snacks. A security grille hangs over it, that means nobody’s been in there for awhile.

“Hey Cynth, get some flashlights out. Take out your gun out also Cynth, take it off of safety.” I tell her. Anton looks at me surprised.

“When’d she get that? Does her dad know?” Anton curiously asked, I shook my head to tell him no.

“Where’s my dad?” She asked me sorrowful. “I need him.” She said as she pulled her gun out the backpack.”

“He’ll be back soon. I know he will.” I tell her.

“Promise?” She asked me.

“I promise.” I tell her back.

I grab one of the flashlights, no juice, just our luck.

“HEY!” I yell incase there’s any biters inside. “HEY YOU, COME GET YOUR DINNER!” I taunt. To my surprise a biter quickly shuffles out the shadow towards us.

“Eeek!” Cynthia shrieked in terror.

“It’s okay look.” I point to the gate. “He’s trapped.”

“Why would you do that?” Anton asked clearly distressed.

“Because there’s an easy way, and there’s a hard way. This is the easy way.” I tell him.

“I want you to shoot him, Cynth.” I tell her. “I know you can.” I encourage.

“Okay, I’ll try.” She nervously spoke. She aimed the gun just liked I taught her and took stance. I smiled as she looked as she was about to fire.

“I can’t.” She sighed.

“These things aren’t people Cynthia they’ll kill you.” I tell her.

“I know, I’m just… scared.” She timidly says. Anton pulls out a large knife and stabs the biter through the gate.

“Let’s just look around for food. No pressure, okay?” I tell her.

“I think I can do that.” Cynthia whispers to me. I smile.

“Good.” I say.

It was a good long five minutes of scavenging before finding absolutely nothing.

“Nothing but a rotting body and some useless skymall magazines.” I let out a heavy sigh and kick one of the already broken shelves containing no food. The rusty old thing makes a clink sound when it hits the ground.

“Well if you don’t mind I need to take a piss, back in a jiffy.” Anton says as he runs out and heads towards a bathroom.

“Maybe, there’s something, we just have to keep looking.” Cynthia optimistically spoke.

“I don’t know. We can keep trying but-“

“Found it!” Cynthia squeals in joy. She flashes a box of pretzels to me.

“Nice job. Now all we need is-“ I feel an odd pressure in the back of my head.

“Don’t move.” The voice whispers to me. “I just want to talk.” He says. My body freezes in terror at his gun pointing at the back of my head. I look over at Cynthia nervously who’s clearly already been spotted.

“Drop your weapons.” He demands. “That goes for the girl too.” He says.

“Don’t hurt her. Please!” Cynthia pleas as she slides her gun over, I hope she turned off the safety.

“I’m not going to hurt her. Now drop you weapons.” He tells forcefully. I set my bow to the ground and drop my arrows.

“Okay, now that that’s done.” He lifts his gun off my forehead. I have a sigh of relief for an instance before my body tenses up again. He walks infront of my face and I immeadiatley recognize him.

“Cameron?” I said in dismay. “I thought everyone was dead.” I told him.

“Well I’m not, quite a few of us got out actually.” His voice sounds more cheerful than when he pointed his gun at me.

“I just wanted to talk, I don’t want anyone dead. But I have to tell you we need some help. We’ve been following you here for a while now and we all just need a little help.” He tells me.

“I know y’all aren’t bad people.” I tell him, he looks at me in confusion that I actually believed him. “You wanted to get out just as bad as us. We’ll bring you in tonight.” I tell him. The corners of his face turn to a smile.

“Thank you, thank-“ I hear the sound of a bullet rip across the room. I look at his chest soaked in blood. His knees buckle and he retaliates with a shot before he’s gone.

“No!” I hear Anton cry. I turn around and see him aiming the gun. I look right next to him.

“Oh my god!” I scream in shock.

“Judy, oh my god. Oh- oh- god!” I look in horror at the blood soaking the stomach of her white t-shirt.

“I thought I told you to stay with Margareth!” I yell hysterically, I try to put pressure on her stomach but she just screams.

“Am I go-go-gonna die?” Judy cries in pain.

“No, no you’re not sweetie, you’re going to make it!” I tell her. But deep down I know I’m lying.

“D-D-D-Don’t… kill… me.” She speaks with her last breath as her body goes limp in my arms. I can hear Cynthia whimper in the corner.

“Oh my god.” Anton faltered out “Holy shit.” He says. My brows furrow in anger and my jaw clenches in fury. I pin him against a wall and hold him there.

“This is your fault.” I whisper.

“From here it looked like he was about to kill you!” Anton defended himself.

“Oh god what are we going to do!” I say wiping away the tears I though were there. My eyes ran dry.

It’s what she would’ve wanted, I remember her last words.

[Let her turn] [Kill her]

• [Kill Her]

Episode Four - As We Fall [Part 3/6] [Drink] "Gimme that." I snatch the bottle right out his hands. I take a sip, this stuff already t

• [Kill Her]

Episode Four - As We Fall [Part 3/6] [Drink] "Gimme that." I snatch the bottle right out his hands. I take a sip, this stuff already t

• [Kill her]

• [Kill her]

• edited November 2014

Voting is closed! Rachel will [kill her]. Chapter will be up by tonight.

Who has not had a single character of theres introduced yet?

• All my characters are dead. ;-;

Ah well.

Voting is closed! Rachel will [kill her]. Chapter will be up by tonight. Who has not had a single character of theres introduced yet?

• Well mine hasn't been introduced yet (Lucas Jackson), but that's fine! Put him anywhere I don't really mind, the plot is amazing enough already :3

Voting is closed! Rachel will [kill her]. Chapter will be up by tonight. Who has not had a single character of theres introduced yet?

• edited November 2014

L.J may or may not be in the fifth chapter along with a few others. Can't spoil anything!

Well mine hasn't been introduced yet (Lucas Jackson), but that's fine! Put him anywhere I don't really mind, the plot is amazing enough already

• edited November 2014

Episode Four - As We Fall [Part 4/6]

[Kill her]

I stare at her porcelain little face one more time. Her body smaller than ever, like a little bird curled up to nest. My hand had the slightest tremble to it as I push back her messy auburn hair away from her almond brown eyes still open. I couldn't help but stare into them. Maybe, maybe she could be awake.

"Ju- Judy are you still there? Judy?" I shake her. My throat is tight with a lump from the tears inside but I keep shaking her, just to make sure she's not dead. But she was, two people gone like that. I gently shut those big brown eyes of hers.

"Hand me that knife." I called to Anton, looking over at Cameron’s body, I don't think I could look at Anton in the eyes, not for now at least.

"Now!" I demand. I couldn't help but know that with every passing minute Judy came closer to coming back. I heard the knife slide over and picked it up. Couldn't help but think that maybe it was the wrong thing to do. Maybe this was selfish. She wanted to come back. It was her dying wish.

The knife trembled in my hand nonstop as it grew closer to her temple. I wanted more than anything to just not feel anything, to stop shaking, wanted more than anything to just look away, the fact that this was my life now, that this is what it has come down to makes my blood boil.

"I- I can't do this." I whisper quietly only for myself to hear. Or at least I hope nobody heard that. I looked behind me at Cynth, her whimpering had grown into a soft weep. If anything this had to be done for Cynthia. I hold the knife tightly and look away. I cringe at the noise the knife makes as I dig it deeper and deeper into her.

“What's done is done.” I assure myself. But the real hard part was just ahead of us.

“Nice weather, not too hot, not too cool.” Anton told me as he whittled a stick and I dug the holes.

“I was thinking, and maybe we should stay here. I know James says we need to head up north because of those people, but-“ He sheepishly stops talking of what he had just said. I shoveled even harder.

“Look Rachel. I you’re mad at me and probably want to shoot me but it’s been three hours and you haven’t even looked at me.”

“I’m not mad. I don’t even blame you.” I stop him in his speech. “I’m just… wondering why?” I question.

“It looked like he was holding you and Cynthia up! I never saw Judy” I saw the tears roll down Anton’s cheeks. “I wasn’t going to let him hurt anyone.”

“Judy is dead, Cameron is dead. Maybe things would’ve gone bad maybe not. But it’s not your decision to say who lives or dies.” I say harshly, because this is upsetting and I don’t want to cry. I don’t want that satisfaction anymore. I don’t want the world to have the satisfaction of me crying.

“Help me with the bodies. I order. Anton carries the arms, I carry the legs. I pile dirt onto Cameron’s body until there’s a good foot and a half of it on him. Anton sticks the branches into the ground and shapes them into a cross. I look at Judy’s grave, what will everyone say?

“I got some stuff.” Judy startles me from behind, her eyes still puffy and red from crying. I look curiously at something I can’t tell what it is in her hand. She crouches down to Judy’s grave and whispers something between the two of them I can’t make out. She walks over to Cameron’s and plant’s something in the soil.

“Flowers.” She tells to me. They looked to be dandelions, a type of weed. Dozens delicately lied on each grave. I smile at the small act, the lump in my throat had loosened.

“Why’d you kill her?” Cynthia asks me. “She told you not to.” She questioned, I could tell she was trying to hold back tears.

“She was scared, Cynth. She may have wanted it but it’s not what you need. She’s in a better place now.” I tell her. She nods her head.

“Maybe.” She whispered. “I hope she’s in a better place. She was a good friend.” She tells me.

“But at least we’re friends.” She says. I give her a half-hearted smile, just because it’s been a long day.

I remember this one time as a kid my mom had sent my brother Pat and I to make a quick run to the store for some groceries. Little did she realize how easy it was for a eleven and a seven year old to leave that money on the kitchen counter at home. I had talked Pat into stealing some food and we darted toward the exit. Let’s just say it wasn’t a clean getaway, my mom had given us a quick scolding and then sent us to our rooms.

The guilt ate me alive back then, but this wasn’t stealing a loaf of bread and some cans, this was a little girl’s death.

With each step closer to the bookstore, my heartbeat pulsed louder. What would they say when they found out Judy was dead? I had killed Fredo, Audrey and now the group will think I had killed Judy.

Just forget it, this isn't on you. I think to myself. If anyone it was Cameron’s fault. Wait a minute did I really just blame a dead guy for Judy's death?

“Rachel!” I hear Tony’s voice shake me back into reality, I looked inside the bookstore with almost everyone here except Matthew.

“Did you find my dad?” Cynth says before I even have time to ask what he was calling me for.

“I’m afraid not.” Tony crouches down to her height and puts his hand on her shoulder. I carefully eye Cynthia in the corner of my eye choking back the tears.

“Look it doesn’t mean anything, there’s still a chance he’s here.” James assures her.

“Damn right.” Bridgit chimes in.

“Where’s Judy?” Margareth says from the back of the store. Those words shake me.

“She’s uh…” I summon all my courage to say it.

“She’s dead.” I say quickly, maybe like a band-aid it will sting less if I say it fast.

“Oh god.” Margareth sits on the floor but quickly stands right back up.

“How?” She demands. “WHO WAS THE MOTHERFUCKER THAT KILLED MY EDDARD!” She grabs her gun off the floor and moves.

“Woah, woah, easy.” James holds her back while Tony disarms her. I look over at Bridgit balling her eyes out, but a good bit of that is probably hormones.

“I’MGONNAFUCKINGKILLEM’!” Margareth screams in such a thick Irish accent it’s almost unclear what she’s saying

“It was Judy!” Cynthia yells. Her name stings me but it seems to calm Margareth down. She sits there with a glazed look in her eyes and falls back down.

“I miss him so much.” Margareth sobs.

“We all do.” I hear from the person I’d least expect to say. Selena goes over to Margareth and awkwardly pats her back.

“There was a guy…” My voice trails off. Margareth looks at me worriedly.

“Don’t worry he’s dead.” I assure her. "He said he had a group." I add on.

"Maybe we should check it out. They might be dangerous." James quickly adds onto the conversation.

“And it was him? He’s the reason Judy’s dead?” Margareth coldly questioned. I quickly glance over at Anton who nervously glances back at me.

[Truth.] [Lie.]

Wowza, the show tonight reminded me some of episode 3, like Gormon to Trent and Joan to Sam.

• [Truth]

Anton screwed up, albeit unintentionally and he can't keep that a secret forever.

Episode Four - As We Fall [Part 4/6] [Kill her] I stare at her porcelain little face one more time. Her body smaller than ever, like a

• [Truth.]

Episode Four - As We Fall [Part 4/6] [Kill her] I stare at her porcelain little face one more time. Her body smaller than ever, like a

• Truth

• [Truth.]

• Voting's closed! Rachel's going to tell the [Truth.]

Let's see how Margareth reacts!

• edited November 2014

Scratch that. Going to be really busy this weekend so no chapter this week unfortunately. Resume voting if you haven't already. Also here's a picture of what I imagined Rachel to look like, it's not spot on but it's pretty accurate.

http://m.imgur.com/qdyYimF

Voting's closed! Rachel's going to tell the [Truth.] Let's see how Margareth reacts!

• YAY , so i can put some characters in :P

Sorry for the long delay. I've just been really lazy lately and keep putting the story off, but I'm here now (no chapter soon yet, sorry) and I'm wondering. How would y'all feel about a second season? Yay or nay?

• Sorry for the long delay. I've just been really lazy lately and keep putting the story off, but I'm here now (no chapter soon yet, sorry) and I'm wondering. How would y'all feel about a second season? Yay or nay?

• Season 2 would be awesome!

Alt text

Sorry for the long delay. I've just been really lazy lately and keep putting the story off, but I'm here now (no chapter soon yet, sorry) and I'm wondering. How would y'all feel about a second season? Yay or nay?

• Alt text

• edited November 2014

Episode Four - [Part 5/6]

[Truth]

They say the truth will set you free, but they’ll never tell you the truth might kill. What about all those times we tell the truth and things go from bad to worse? What about this? When Margareth hears this she’ll snap, without a doubt. But the truth’s going to come out eventually, it always does, so it may as well be now.

“It was Anton too.” I reveal. I notice the head’s all turn of this shrinking group. Probably not Cynthia, she knew this was coming. “It was an accident.”

Margareth slowly climbed back up from her knees with a fixed glare on Anton as she made her way to him, Anton froze up like a deer caught in the headlights and Margareth was the truck.

“No!” I hear Cynthia scream as she rushes between Anton and Margareth. Margareth paused for a second and we all look. I notice Margareth’s hand lower to her gun holster.

“Don’t. Please don’t.” Cynthia looked up at Margareth with worried blue-green eyes. I looked at Margareth with her hands trembling towards her holster.

“Margareth!” I yell as I draw my bow out. Her hands still shakes but it’s away from her holster. "It was an accident."

“You… You monster!” She points the finger at Anton. “You killed an eleven year old girl!” She shouts in the bookstore.

“Please. Just calm down!” James commanded Margareth.

“Calm? I am calm. You calm down!” Margareth stormed off out of the store to god knows where. James shoves Anton out the way and whsipers in my ear.

“You said there was a group here just a couple minutes ago. We should go check in on em’.” James tells me. “Oh and Rachel, don’t tell them about that guy.” He warns me in a stern voice as he makes a lighthearted jog to catch up to Margareth.

“You don’t have to patronize me. You’re not much older than me.” I tell him, but he probably can’t hear.

“I’m the leader here, I say what goes.” He says to my surprise. “ And I’m twenty-eight, not like it matters.” He says, that’s only eight years older than me.

It was a rather calm walk., nobody talked the entire time and Margareth refused to even look at Anton, just as I did. We searched just about the entire building, even the runway, but to no avail. James decided we look towards the parking lot, which I thought was pretty damn stupid, but screw it, it was our last hope.

“Why are we going there?” Selena groaned. “And this isn’t even one of your stupidest plans.”

“We’re not going to recruit em’ or something, were just looking for some supplies.”

“Oh right, because everything’s going to be all sunshine and rainbows when we get there. Shouldn’t’ we focus on Matthew right now?” Selena harshly whispers. “Or did you forget about him too?” I think back, she was probably talking about Fredo, James never mentioned him

“Fuck off.” James harshly whispers back to Selena.

“You guys need to stop.” Bridgit tells the two. “We’re going for some gas for the road, maybe a trade. So stop acting like five year olds." Bridgit patronizes both of them. At least it makes James shut up.

“I’ve got another plan.” Selena disses Bridgit as she runs up a broken escalator and ditches the group.

“You do this shit everyday! Cut it out and grow up.” James tells her as he follows up the escalator.

“I’m not leaving her with him.” Tony follows after. Anton goes with him also but I’m pretty sure it’s because Anton wants to avoid more confrontation.

“Great. Now we really are outnumbered.” Margareth sighs.

“Maybe it’s a good thing, they’ll think we’re weak.” I try to look at the positive. “How are ya’ feeling?” I blurt out before even thinking if that was a good idea. I clap my hand over my mouth out of embarrassment.

“Empty.” She finally spit out the words after a brief silence.

“I realize now that Judy wasn’t Eddard.” She tells only me.

“No matter how much I wish he was here, he’s not. I just- wish I was better to him when he was here.” Margareth begins to get all choked up. I notice Bridgit walk back towards Margareth.

“We’ll find him, I know we will.” Bridgit consoles her. I’ve never been good at comforting people so I assume it’s my time to leave now.

“Hey Cynthia.” I wave.

“Hey.” She tells me in a glum tone.

“What’s wrong?” I ask her.

“Ned’s dead.” She whispers to me. “I know it.”

“We don’t know anything yet. For all we know he could be waiting at the diner.” I try to remain positive but even I know he’s dead.

“You’re just trying to cheer her up..” Cynthia tells me. “But it’s not how the world works anymore. People die easier now.” She tells me and right she is, the moment a little girl can see the world in such a dark light, you know the world’s not the same.

“We’re still here Cynth.” I try cheering her up.

“What about my dad?” She asked me. “He’s fine, right?” She tells me, my eyes involuntarily flicker to the side, trying to avoid eye contact.

“It’s only been one day, Cynth. Just keep your hopes up.” I try to look out the positive.

“My dad’s never left me alone that long, even when he went to work, I’d see him everyday.” She let out a soft sigh.

“I miss him.” She tells me.

“I miss my mom. I miss my brother too.” I say, I know I probably shouldn’t go crying my problems to a ten year old.

“I miss my mom too.” She softly spoke after several seconds. “I never met her.” Cynthia tells me.

“I’m sorry Cynth.-“

“Raych!” Bridgit tells me in a hushed tone crouched behind a wall. “This must be them.” Bridgit says hopeful.

“You got your guns?” I asked her.

“It’s right here, we just want to talk, right?” Bridgit reassured me.

“I’m sure they’ll understand.” Margareth says. My eyes widen in fear as a woman with a gun points it at the back of Margareth’s head.

“Aw shit. Not this again.” I speak.

“What was that?” She points the gun at me. “Say it again motherfucker!” She spits out at me. Her eyes are a dark brown as well as her skin, she wears a orange prison jumpsuit and her hair dangles dangerously long in those cornrows. She couldn’t be older than thirty, but had this look in her eye as if she had seen so much horrors of this world.

“Don’t even fucking try with me, I’ll pop you before you can even whip out that pretty bow of yours. And you, give that gun, that’s right I heard you, and you too.” She points to Margareth as they hesitantly hand over there guns.

“Now that’s the shit I like to see. Alright, it’s safe to come out.” She speaks to what I can only assume to be others.

A woman with recently looking chopped off shoulder length hair aimed her rifle at us. Her almond brown eyes contrasted with her fair skin. She was definitely in her twenties no doubt, but had a curious look in her eyes that made her look younger.

A guy has his gold chain swaying from side to side as he walked. He was your typical American looking guy, short and messy dirty blonde hair, blue eyes and some abnormally small facial features like his lips and nose.

Another guy followed close behind him, he looked to be the youngest of them all but not younger than late teens. He had green eyes, short curly brown hair and was shorter than everyone here, maybe even Cynthia. He wore a plain white tee-shirt with a few blood stains splattered across.

“Y’all don’t look like survivors…” Bridgit says. And she was right, they all looked like street thugs before all this

“Pssh, look who’s talking.” The woman with cornrows says to Bridgit.

“I’m a good shot, you don’t want to mess with me.” The pale girl boasts.

“Just tell us what you want from us?” I ask. I guess I said it rather impolitely due to the short guys scowl.

“What do you have?” The woman with cornrows asks again.

“Nothing!” Margareth pleas.

“That’s a lie!” The woman said even angrier than before. “What’s in that girls bag?” She points to Cynthia all the way in the back.

“Wait, y’all have a kid? Bianca we can’t hurt em’. Not in their situation.” The pale girl begs Bianca.

“Nah, it’ll do them some good. The struggle will either make or break you.” Bianca says as she grabs Cynthia’s backpack.

“Couple bottles of water, a gun and blankets. This’ll do some good, thanks.” Bianca tells us.

“Leave em’ alone Bianca. We got there weapons, lets just leave it at that.” The pale girl says as she collects clumsily grabs our weapons. Bianca didn’t look too happy with that but I guess she didn’t care. She takes the gun only from Cynthia.

“I’m rooting for y’all.” Bianca tells us before she slips around the corner and her group one by one follows her.

“Look I’m sorry, we’re just trying to survive like your crew. No hard feelings I hope.” The tall boy with the gold chain digresses as he and his group walk away with what we have.

“L.J!” I hear Bianca’s voice yell for him.

“Coming!” He says as he picks up the last of our stuff and darts around the corner.

“Well shit.” Bridgit says after a moment of silence.

“A gun?” Margareth ask. “Cynthia, you don’t need that.” Margareth tells her.

“I gave it to her. Like it or not adults aren’t the only ones who need them now a days.” I sighed. Neither Bridgit or Margareth said anything but I could feel glares dig into the back of my head.

“We gotta follow them.” I whisper soft enough for only us to hear.

“They took all our weapons. If they caught us we’d be dead.” Margareth retorted.

“We went here looking for some help and a little bit of gas and we lose all our weapons.” I say. “Just our luck.”

“Lord help me to-“ Bridgit said in an irritated tone. “What the hell babe?!” She said up to James up on the roof, along with Anton, Tony and Selena.

“You had a perfect shot why didn’t you use it?” I say agitated.

“Didn’t want another fiasco. Y’know, after that Anton incident.” Selena says as Bridgit, Cynthia, Margareth and I run up the escalator.

“Did you not see they we’re stealing our stuff?” I point out. Anton nods yes. A strange eerie silence fills the parking lot rooftop.

“What is it?” Cynthia ask in her sweet, innocent voice.

“Nothing, nothing... Rachel can I have a word?” James says in a glum tone. Shit, this’ll be bad.

James walks me a good distance away from the group and points inside a green, worn out 1993 sedan. Lightly tapping the window.

“Holy!” For a second I wasn’t even expecting a biter, but damn was this one loud, and fresh. My eyes immediately go to the face. It wasn’t just any biter, no. This one had a black t-shirt and cargo shorts on with greasy blonde hair. It wasn’t any biter.

It was Matthew.

“Oh my god.” I falter. “What are going to tell Cynthia?” I ask.

“The truth. It’s the only thing we can do.” He tells me. “I was thinking it’d be easiest coming from a friend, you.” He says to my disbelief. Was I all that was left of who she cared about? None of the others would talk to her because Matthew would always shelter her.

“Fine.” I sigh. “But give me the gun, I’ll take care of this.” I thought he may as well not deal with another dead dad.

The walk back seemed ten times longer than the walk before. My feet trudged through the ground like quick sand as I made my way to Cynthia still looking upset about being robbed.

“Hey Cynth.” I try my best to say neutral, but I guess that rock in my throat just comes up when anything bad happens because my voice cracks.

“Hey.” She replies in the same glum tone.

“I have some news and Cynth-“

“Oh no.” Cynthia sighs. “What is it?”

I stare down at my palms, sweating.You're about to ruin this little girls life Rachel, you. Why couldn't James just say it. God fucking dammit. This is never going to get easier is it?

“Matthew’s dead.” I blurt out.

“Oh.” She says rather unemotional.

“I’m so sorry. We found him turned in that car over there.” I point out.

“Oh,” She spoke rather stunned. “I thought you may have been lying.” Her eyes clouded as her back props against a rusty old truck and she falls to the floor.

“I’m afraid not.” I say. I can almost hear her heart beat stop. Her blue-green eyeas she tries to not cry, but her silent weeps are hearable, and her quiet weeps grows louder and louder, streams of tears run down her cheeks stronger as her weeps grow into sobs.

“D-d-daddy…” She fumbles for the words as she can hardly breathe.

“I knew it…” She said. Still curled up in a ball.

“Can I see him?” She asked me. Can I?” She begs.

“C’mon.” I grab her by the hand and pull her up, my finger involuntarily points to the green, beaten up old sedan. A slow walk over, even longer than last time, and much, much longer than than the first time, what was only a hundred yards seemed like miles. I look at her gentley tapping the glass and getting Matthew’s attention. Matthew lied in the car seat dead, with all life and hopes for his daughter to survive this world drained out his face, he lied clawing at the window for his daughter, Cynthia looking back at him with those sobs.

“I-I can do it.” She nudges me.

“Cynth, no.” I beg her.

“Y-y-you said J-J-Judy needed it, now my dad, he needs it. Please. Please.” She begs me. “I’m strong, just like all of you. I can.”

“P-p-please, please just let me do this one last thing for my dad.” She says.

[Let Cynthia kill.] [Do it yourself.]

Weak chapter, I know sorry. Also Pipas I didn't get a very precise picture of what Bianca looks like so for the most part I made it up, feel free to give me a little more info or say if this isn't what she looks like.

• [Do it yourself.]

Episode Four - [Part 5/6] [Truth] They say the truth will set you free, but they’ll never tell you the truth might kill. What about al

• [Do it yourself.]

Episode Four - [Part 5/6] [Truth] They say the truth will set you free, but they’ll never tell you the truth might kill. What about al

• Yeah, sorry about that. I'm just not good at describing people, heh. You did pretty good job at describing her. And although cornrows wasn't what I had in mind, you can leave her as she is. She looks more badass now. :D

[Do it yourself.]

• Voting is closed! Rachel will [Do it herself.]

• edited July 2015

Episode Four- As We Fall [Part 6/6]

[Do it yourself.]

There I stood, completely and utterly frozen. My hand was a cold iron grip that locked onto the glock. I couldn’t force myself to hand it over, looking into her weeping eyes, still good and well with innocence. I want to believe that shielding her from this will protect her, keep her safe.

No, I have to believe.

“No. You don’t need to.” I faltered.

“My dad. I need to do this for him.” She wept softly into her hands.

“Nobody should ever have to do this kind of thing, and I mean nobody.” I spoke. “You’re dad, he wouldn’t want your last memory of him be you killing him.”

She sniffled a little at my words. “Okay.” She spoke. “I guess You’re right.” She spoke weakly.

So there I was, gun in one hand as the other lied gently on the rusted handle. “You might want to look away.” I warned her softly.

“Okay.” She sighed and closed her eyes and covered her ears with her hands.

I took a deep breath, I made no time to waste as I swung the car door open, Matthew’s discolored rotting crawling towards me. I pointed the glock at his head and fired, the blood splattering across my blue flannel, ragged from the months of outdoors and old and fresh blood alike. His body awkwardly falling to the warm concrete pavement.

I turned around to Cynthia who looked with her eyes. Her eyes witnessing the whole thing.

“I saw it. I saw the whole thing.” She stuttered for the words, her eyes losing a bit of innocence. I’m partly furious with her, but shrug it off knowing she wanted to be there.

“How could this have happened?” I asked. He wasn’t sick last time I saw, but he must’ve known this would’ve happened if he left us.

“There.” She points to his rotting leg. A bite mark that barely even nicked the skin had done all this. A nick that barely cut the skin had killed a man, had made this group that had originally fourteen cut down to eight total, and scarred a girl for life probably.

“We can bury him.” I promise Cynthia. She stood there silently, head propped down as she slowly returned to the group, all at one edge of the roof.

“Oh man!” We’re screwed!” Anton said in a panicked cry. I made a brisk jog to the edge of the parking lot.

“Keep your voice down!” Selena sharply whispered to Anton.

“No, it’s okay. They can’t hear us from here.” I said, looking at the horizon beyond of biters.

“Are these the ones we saw in Houston?” Bridgit asked.

“No, probably not. They would have passed here.” James informed us as he wrapped his arm around Bridgit.

“So another horde?” Margareth asked. “Just our luck.”

“We may as well stay here, wouldn’t want ourselves to get trapped inside. And if worse comes to worse we can jump, the fall won’t kill you… Probably.” Selena said, I looked down at the ground, we were four floors down and the ground was concrete.

“She’s right.” James said. “We’ll stay here for the night.” He told us.

The parking lot rooftop had transformed into a temporary camp. The entrances blocked off with some of the remaining cars, not like it mattered anyways, the biters weren’t smart enough to climb up past the first floor. It was an unusually cold night for a spring day, we took some newspaper and turned them into blankets and even made a small fire with a match box Tony forgot was in his pocket.

“Kinda eerie.” Bridgit said as almost all of us except Anton, James, Cynthia lied around the campfire. “The biters, all underneath us. Makes me wonder how we all made it this far.” She grieved.

“Not all of us.” Margareth sighed, she looked over at Cynthia sitting alone from everyone, she played with some rocks alone.

“I hope that little girl’s going to be okay.” Bridgit said. “She’s seen so much.”

“Well I’m glad she didn’t have to do it herself, that kind of stuff can change you.” Tony, who was sitting next to me said.

“And how would you know?” Selena asked her brother.

“I don’t know? Isn’t that what they say in the movies?” Tony said.

“You’re pathetic.” Selena chuckled.

“I’m gonna go check on Cynthia right now.” I say as I get up.

“Rachel, good.” I hear as James get back from watch. “I need you to take care of any biters on the other floors.

“Really? Now?” I say rather upset.

“Yes now.” He says rather agitated. “I’ve been down there for over an hour and I’m tired, the least you can do is be there for at least fifteen minutes. It won’t be that bad, just make sure none get up to close. Tony why don’t you go there with her?” James said.

“Go on. I’ll go talk to her.” Margareth offered. As Tony and I head into the dark unknown.

My arrow drives deeply into the back of a biters skull. I silently pull out another arrow out my quiver and release, killing another.

“You’ve gotten really good with that.” Tony tells me. “The first day wasn’t so pretty.” He jokes with me but all I remember from that day is my first and hopefully last murder.

“Yeah, yeah I guess.” I shrug it off with a fake laugh.

“Drink?” Tony asked me as he searched around in his backpack.

“You have got to be kidding me right now. What were you before all this a liquor thief?” I asked.

“I’m just kidding, and close, newscaster at the radio station before this.” He chuckled.

“Oh yeah! I remember your voice from uh, KGAB!” I remember the news station. I would’ve never noticed, he had the voice for radio but was also very handsome.

“Yeah, that was me.” He tells me as we both laugh at the unforgotten memories. I gently punch his arm as he grabs his gun out his holster and aims at my face.

“Don’t move.” He whispers. I’m frozen with fear, but also enraged with his betrayal. What’s he going to do with Selena? Maybe I could knock the gun out his hand, he was only an arms-length away. Before my mind can comprehend what’s going on he fires his gun. Once, twice, three times. I slowly turn around at the two bodies lying on the ground.

“Hope they didn’t hear that.” Tony sighs.

“Jesus Christ! You didn’t have to scare me like that!” I blushed.

“Never. You’re one of maybe three people here I still like.” He smiles, but there's a long, awkward pause after that and his face begins to get red.

"Thanks." I say. "But don't go going soft on me now."

"I'm serious." He tells me, which stops me. I turn around.

"But why do you like me?" I say. "Because you could do so much better, Tony. I'm not pretty." attention. I have my dad's face and even his build. I have broad shoulders, no curves, and I'm closer in height to all the men in the group than any of the woman.

"Okay, so you're not pretty, happy?" He says. "I like how you look. You're smart and fearless and do anything for the people you care about." He grabs my hand. "And I sometimes think that I wish I could be more like you."

My hand feels awkward in his. But I don't let go, something about being right next to him felt, nice.

I could hear the soft buzz of commotion coming from up the stairs. Tony and I still hands intertwined together until we reached the rooftop. Wait a minute, was that laughter? I thought to myself.

“Holy-“ James said excitedly crouched over next to a car with Bridgit and Selena near by.

“James, we got a kid around.” Bridgit warned him not to cuss in front of Cynthia, sitting right behind them with Margareth next to the campfire.

“Do you hear that sound? That sweet, sweet sound hun?” James asked her. All I could hear from here was a slight static buzz, coming from the car that-

“You got the car to work?” I say with all the excitement in the world at the green rusty 1993 sedan. “It must be Christmas.” Tony chimed.

“No, it’s more then that, listen.” Bridgit gestures us closer. The words are almost drowned out by the static but the main message is clear.

“REFUGE… DENVER COLORADO... MILLITARY FORCE.” The main words are spoken through the radio.

"Did he say Denver?" I asked urgently.

"I think so." Bridgit responded. "Why?"

"That's where I grew up, mom and brother are there." I try to contain my excitement.

“Wait, how'd we get signal all the way from here?” I ask bewildered.

“A.M radio most likely.” Selena said most likely.

“God this day just gets better and better!” James enthused despite the fact we lost two people today, but I wouldn’t cause any debates, what’s done is done.

“Wait a minute, wait a minute, don’t sedans only fit like five people max?” Selena asked.

“We’ll cram in.” James replied.

“I don’t think that’s what she’s talking about.” Tony replies nudging his head towards Anton, all alone in a corner.

“He messed up, ease up on him.” Bridgit sighed.

“It’s not me I’m worried about. It’s, Margareth. Cram her in a tight space with that kid and who knows what could happen.” Tony sighed.

“Guess you got a point.” James admitted. “We’ll vote on it.” He says.

“Right now?” I groaned. “It’s not like we’re going anywhere with that herd we may as well decide it in the morning.” I sigh, I didn’t want any fights breaking out tonight, just a peaceful night. I get nods of approval from everyone around but James.

“Fine, the morning.” James sighed.

And there we all lied. Next to the fire cradling it’s warmth, even Anton had to sit next to it, Margareth just ignored him and gave him a couple of cold glares now and here, but it felt peaceful. The pain of today still remained, no doubt it hit Cynthia the hardest, but the hope for tomorrow lived on. And in that moment it almost felt like these four months didn’t happen. Almost like we weren’t surviving, we were living.

“Almost.” I whisper out to the cold night sky.

YOUR CHOICES:

DEFIANCE- You went against James's will and said we all needed a little rest.

SOBRIETY- You chose to drink the bourbon with Tony

GRIEF- You chose to kill Judy.

INTEGRITY- You told the truth about Anton.

INNOCENCE- You chose to not let Cynthia kill Matthew.

Wow, can't believe there's only one episode left this season. So I have a question for you. What do you expect going into the finale?

• Great last chapter for a great penultimate episode!

I expect a hard decision at the beginning of the finale (the upcoming decision in the morning). Also Biancas group could show up again somehow, maybe causing some trouble or proving themselves to be not that bad. And the horde is always a threat, of course.

Episode Four- As We Fall [Part 6/6] [Do it yourself.] There I stood, completely and utterly frozen. My hand was a cold iron grip that

• Thanks! :)

Great last chapter for a great penultimate episode! I expect a hard decision at the beginning of the finale (the upcoming decision in the

• edited November 2014

Excited to say i have Episode 5's rough draft all planned out and it's already my favorite episode. I couldn't fit all of it into six chapters so I lengthened it to eight, each chapter having a choice (seven total) but still there still being five main choices. Happy to finally finish up this season with a bang!

EPISODE FIVE: REFLECTIONS

• Ohhh, so excited. :)

Excited to say i have Episode 5's rough draft all planned out and it's already my favorite episode. I couldn't fit all of it into six chapte

• Awesome!!!
    I still want to make a character for you XD

Excited to say i have Episode 5's rough draft all planned out and it's already my favorite episode. I couldn't fit all of it into six chapte

• edited November 2014

You can PM me one, it'll probably be on the DLC since I've put off so many characters and I don't know where they'll fit unless I make them redshirts. Just give me the appearance, name, age, gender, if you're fine if your character's a villain (most aren't unless they really want to) and if your fine if your character is in a relationship.

supersagig posted: »

Awesome!!! I still want to make a character for you XD

• My character is barry. Sorry for the late reply ive been caught up with studies omg

Who's your character? I'm planning on introducing several this episode.

• Can't wait!

• Thanks! I'll be sure to get him.

ayylmao posted: »

My character is barry. Sorry for the late reply ive been caught up with studies omg

• This is one of my favourite fan-fictions, can't wait until Episode 5!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.