Interactive Fanfiction: The Road Ahead.

Comments

• Goddammit.

There will be a second season, right?

Right?

TWD_25 posted: »

Episode Five - Reflections [Part 8/8] Was this real? Had this all been in my imagination? For a short instance I felt nothing but the joy

• God that was... that was so sad, I am actually moved to the verge of tears right now. Very few stories have managed that...

Well done! Absolutely well done! Now I am dying in anticipation for Season 2!

Rachel was amazing in this episode. Scary, yes, but also absolutely amazing as a character. Hopefully she'll be able to come back from this. I hope that she's not too far gone yet. And I hope that I'll be able to maintain my denial regarding the likely fate of Tony and Selena... I mean, they aren't confirmed dead, right? Right?

Since it is pretty late in my time zone, expect a lengthy review of the whole Season tomorrow! And now excuse me, I feel the urgent need to hide in some corner and cry...

sobs uncontrollably

Episode Five - Reflections [Part 8/8] Was this real? Had this all been in my imagination? For a short instance I felt nothing but the joy

• Jesus, that was intense. This is the only fanfic on the forum that actually almost made me cry, in fact I might be tearing up just a little while writing this...All I can say is, I can't wait for Season 2. When's it coming out?

Fuck.

• I.Need.A.Second.Season.NOW

• :(

God that was... that was so sad, I am actually moved to the verge of tears right now. Very few stories have managed that... Well done! Ab

• Well, shit.

• edited January 2015

Thanks for all the response guys! And yes, there will be a second season, I still need to come up with some more ideas. There are some floating around in my head but we'll see how it goes.

Season two comes out early 2016.

Not really that long but I probably will take a month or so break before or after the DLC. Yup, there's also a DLC where we'll meet new and old characters alike.

• edited January 2015

As I promised, here comes a full review of the Season! Oh man, I haven't done that in a long time :D

First, let me start with the positive points of this Season, before I'll try my best to find some nitpicks I could mention as negative points:

1. The characters: The characters from the main group were (and in some cases still are) amazing. By the time episode 5 started, I cared for everyone in the group, for a short while even for Anton. They all got good screentime during the run of the story. My favourite would still be Selena, since that girl had hands-down some of the best lines in the whole story. I also loved Cynthia, albeit her character development made me really sad, and Tony for having some very sweet moments in Episode 4 and 5. Other characters who quickly became favourites of mine where Bianca, Audrey and Margareth. Until he murdered James, I even felt compassion for Anton, like I did for Ben in the game.

2. The protagonist: Rachels character development was amazing. Rereading the first chapter of Episode 1 (while sobbing everytime when Selena or Zaphaeus got mentioned), it feels really painful how far she has come. But at no point was her character development unbelievable. After every tragedy, she reacted very understandable and got a bit colder, a bit more like a survivor. And Episode 5 was when shit hit the fan. Like I said before, I hope that she can come back from this. She would really deserve some happy moments for once. Maybe a reunion with her best friend or her love interest? Please? stares with teary puppy eyes

3. The story: Oh damn, the story. From the very first moment, you got me hooked. It was amazing, with action chapters having a great balance with the more slower, emotional chapters that helped with character development. During the run, the story was absolutely unpredictable at most times. The only thing I saw coming during the whole Season was Matthews death by walker bite. My favourite episode would be Episode 5 by far. Every chapter was even better than everything before. Chapters 5 and 6 really managed to make me sit at the edge of my seat the whole time, something a good movie never managed in a way like this. God, how I hope that at least one of my beloved Carson siblings made it out alive... Please, please reveal their fate in Season 2, the uncertainty is horrible :(

4. The writing: The writing was amazing from the very beginning, but I felt that you got better and better with every chapter. The text felt alive, the descriptions felt vivid and it was very good to read. By the way, my favourite quote has to be this little masterpiece from Episode 5 Chapter 6:

But those were happy memories, when I was still a scared woman. But I’m not scared now.

I’m angry.

That was a big "Hell Yeah" moment, probably the most satisfying in the whole story, followed by a great and brutal beatdown for the biggest monster of the whole story. Burn in hell Roger!

Now... Let me try my best to find negative points. There are negative points, I am sure of this. I am just not sure if I can find them, since I maybe got a little bit too invested in the story. Let me try to find some nitpicks (and I really mean nitpicks. I almost feel like a jerk for even mentioning them as negative points)

1. Up until Episode 3, the characterisation had been a bit scarce. We barely got to know Zaphaeus for example, Anton had barely any lines until Episode 4 and even Tony was pretty minor compared to his huge role in Episode 4 and 5. Now, that helped developing others, like Margareth, Audrey and Selena, but in the later Episodes you somehow managed to give every character a better screentime ratio than in the earlier episodes, probably as a result of the chapters getting longer. And some of the characters, mainly Samuel, Brent, Kyung-Soon, Charity and Cameron had barely any development at all until their death.

2. Well... at times, the story felt a little bit rushed. Specifically the Episode 3 finale. It felt a little bit too easy to escape Breckers hellhole. With Episode 5's big escape, that was better, more believable and due to the brutal deaths of Bridgit and James and that MIA thing Tony and Selena have going on now, it felt more gut-wrenching and heartbreaking.

3. I can't find a third negative point. In fact I can't even see the first two negative points really as negative points. I am good at pointing out positive points, but I suck when it comes to give a negative critic. This point simply exists so that the negative list doesn't look that pathetically short compared to the positive list.

So, I got many positive points and some very jerkish nitpick points that I can barely take serious as negative points. Let me come to a conclusion with the review: This whole fanfiction is amazing! Absolutely amazing. There have been two other fanfictions on this forum so far, that managed to get a genuine emotional reaction from me, namely "A Brave New World" by InKennyWeTrust and "Humanity or Survival" by Domingez and those two were the reason I actually am an active user in this forum. The Road Ahead is on the exactly same level as those two, meaning at the top of my followed fanfictions. As a result, it feels only fair to give this fanfiction the same rating. The only reason why I won't give you a 10/10 is, because a 10/10 would be absolute perfection. Practically impossible to reach, without any way to improve. And since the "negative" points at least have some sort of relevance it won't be a 10/10 for this either. 9/10 it shall be for this one, albeit I'm sure Season 2 can be even better.

• The DLC will be before S2 or after S2?

Thanks for all the response guys! And yes, there will be a second season, I still need to come up with some more ideas. There are some float

• Wait, early 2016? So another year?

Thanks for all the response guys! And yes, there will be a second season, I still need to come up with some more ideas. There are some float

• Not really that long but I probably will take a month or so break before or after the DLC.

Wait, early 2016? So another year?

• but it says early 2016

supersagig posted: »

Not really that long but I probably will take a month or so break before or after the DLC.

• Oops! Bad sarcasm, sorry.

but it says early 2016

• edited January 2015

The only reason why I won't give you a 10/10 is, because a 10/10 would be absolute perfection. Practically impossible to reach, without any way to improve. And since the "negative" points at least have some sort of relevance it won't be a 10/10 for this either. 9/10 it shall be for this one, albeit I'm sure Season 2 can be even better.

Wowza, I was leaning towards a 6/10 or 7/10, when I pulled this up in class I couldn't stop smiling and showing my friend. (She's the only one that knows I'm writing this.) And to be compared to @InKennyWeTrust or @Dominguez (who I haven't read his story yet but I'll be sure to do) is awesome!

The writing was amazing from the very beginning, but I felt that you got better and better with every chapter. The text felt alive, the descriptions felt vivid and it was very good to read.

Thanks! Before this I was actually a pretty bad writer. @InKennyWeTrust actually inspired me. And I'm glad to see you writing now!

I'm sure Season 2 can be even better.

One can hope, I still need to get some ideas. And thanks for the review, including the negative points. I'll try to work on those next season. I'm not that great at giving every character a personality, for some it's easier than others, I don't really know why.

And thank you again for the nice review, I'm still smiling.

• Oh haha! Sorry i got confused lol

Oops! Bad sarcasm, sorry.

• TWD_25 posted: »

The only reason why I won't give you a 10/10 is, because a 10/10 would be absolute perfection. Practically impossible to reach, without any

• I can't wait for season 2 :) this season was perfect

• edited January 2015

Hola, I'm back. The DLC is coming out this weekend and season two will follow shortly after.

• That didn't take that long. :P

Hola, I'm back. The DLC is coming out this weekend and season two will follow shortly after.

• Alt text

• Alt text

• YAY!!!! Explodes from emotion My charactetrs will be in the DLC , S2 or both?

• You're just going to have to wait and see like everyone else! :p

YAY!!!! Explodes from emotion My charactetrs will be in the DLC , S2 or both?

• If my characters die , can i make more?

You're just going to have to wait and see like everyone else!

• Yup, but I'm officially opening the submission box after the DLC is finished.

If my characters die , can i make more?

• Could you let the boy live longer so i can make his brother?

Yup, but I'm officially opening the submission box after the DLC is finished.

• Im so excited to see my character in the DLC or S2 omg

• Sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to stop submitting characters because you've already submitted a ton.

• I'm really excited to submit a character, I haven't submitted one yet

• 2?

Sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to stop submitting characters because you've already submitted a ton.

• PS: Sorry , I forgot about it. Cole and Jordan qre technically the same person i think , i forgot about it. I am so stupid XD

Sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to stop submitting characters because you've already submitted a ton.

• edited January 2015

Soon...?

I'm super excited. :-D

• Me too :D

Pipas posted: »

Soon...? I'm super excited. :-D

• I miss this :(

• We all do. :(

ayylmao posted: »

I miss this

Sign in to comment in this discussion.