Why Save Sarah?

12345679»

Comments

• edited October 2014

I was like Sarah when my father passed away. Carlos's death scene for me was even hard to watch because it reminded me of the panic that I felt. My dad went from being a normal functioning human being to a vegetable in a manner of minutes. You really don't think rationally. I find it interesting how Kenny's rage is excused and yet Sarah's grief isn't.

Throughout the whole episode I thought she was grieving. Apparently you can't mourn in the ZA or you become a "crybaby bitch".

• We were pushed to either side with a redneck with a volatile temper or a manipulative cold sometimes heartless woman. The only thing that tied them together was Clementine. Because, y'know, nice things don't exist in The Walking Dead for an extended amount of time.

I also think people were really influenced by Carver's way of thinking that the weak need to be eliminated so the strong can survive. Also some were heavily influenced by Jane. "They're all gonna die Clementine. Don't let them drag you down with you?"

Carver and Jane are incapable of understanding the humanity in people. What is the point of surviving when you lose everything that made you human? Like Luke said "We spend so much time trying to stay alive, that we don't really get the chance to enjoy living."

What makes life worth living? People you care about. For me, I wanted Clem to lean towards being friends with Luke, Nick and Sarah because they felt human and I understood and sympathized with them. They felt authentic and real which is why I hate all the hate towards Sarah and even Nick. I would have liked to see a Clem struggling to keep her Season 1 personality in Season 2, hopeful yet aware, not cynical and bitter like she could be in Season 2. Nick and Sarah were people she would have been protective of in Season 1. You could even compare it to Ben and Duck. She was good friends with them so it stands to reason that she would be friends with Nick and Sarah in Season 2. That's why you save Sarah. It's just who Clementine is based on history.

devilshomie posted: »

I replayed Season 2 and for the life of me I can not understand why people dislike Sarah so much, especially when she saves your ass in epis

• Absolutely and sorry for your loss.

devilshomie posted: »

I was like Sarah when my father passed away. Carlos's death scene for me was even hard to watch because it reminded me of the panic that I f

• edited October 2014

Thank you. I still have my moments but overall I'm doing much better

Absolutely and sorry for your loss.

• Very good point's and I even gave ya a like though I slightly disagree with one part.

Maybe after they've reached some place like Wellington and have a reasonable amount of safety and time, they can focus on developing friendship's or maintaining their humanity when every second of every day isnt about surviving.

But with Carver tracking the group, or escaping the herd outside Howe's, or trying to escape a bunch of walkers breaking into the trailer, those are moment's of survival, not time to make friends and if Sarah is unwilling or unable to even try to survive, then it just becomes more of a risk to the others who try to help her.

That's why you save Sarah. It's just who Clementine is based on history.

Absolutely!! That is totally who Clem is. But even Clem know's you cannot save everyone and would not stand to defend Sarah to the point in sacrificing her own life. Risk her life, yes, Sacrifice, no!

The question then becomes, how far are you willing to risk Clem's life?

torkahn808 posted: »

We were pushed to either side with a redneck with a volatile temper or a manipulative cold sometimes heartless woman. The only thing that t

• I agree Luke, Nick and Sarah were great characters. I also really liked Rebecca when she came around (though her personality shift did kind of irk me) both Kenny and Jane were awful choices in my opinion and if I were Clem I'd just take my chances on my own or go with Mike and Bonnie, although they betrayed you they seem more levelheaded than Kenny and Jane.

torkahn808 posted: »

We were pushed to either side with a redneck with a volatile temper or a manipulative cold sometimes heartless woman. The only thing that t

• He did point the gun at Clem first.

Bokor posted: »

The problem with robbing Arvo is that there really isn't any penalty for NOT robbing him. The welfare of your group is in no way impacted b

• Trembling, saying he didn't want to shoot a little girl, pleading that he was just gonna leave, doing everything in the 'spineless weakling' playbook except pissing himself.

He wasn't a danger at that point. Let's not forget that the guy who shoots Clem an episode later does so after losing his group due to a stupid mistake, seeing Clem shoot a sister he thought had responded to his CPR, been left in the cold and repeatedly beaten by an angry old man, and the game itself allowing Mike more time to bond with Arvo than it ever allowed Clem to.

I still think that Arvo would've turned out differently had Sarah lived long enough to meet him.

pcharl01 posted: »

He did point the gun at Clem first.

• Well, I know you're not to be trusted when it comes to saving lives...

WowMutt posted: »

I for one didn't attempt to [Convince Sarah] because the more time we spent, the greater the risk to us. Like with Luke on the Ice, after he

• Convincing someone to save themselves is much easier than, y'know, fighting off an entire horde of zombies. Which the game never allows you to do.

WowMutt posted: »

Very good point's and I even gave ya a like though I slightly disagree with one part. Maybe after they've reached some place like Welling

• edited November 2014

This Sarah Hate Thread is fucking unstoppable .... just sayin

Alt text

MrX1H2 posted: »

And at least I survived staying true to myself

• edited November 2014

Maybe because your argument has big holes in it? And that's why people are calling you an idiot?

MrX1H2 posted: »

I was fully aware of the hate that would come with this post. I never acted to be the victim ( I couldn't care less about the hate this gets

• Are you obligated to save the life of every person you meet in the ZA? That would be a pretty large burden for anyone... I don't think the characters are obligated to save lives, they are obligated to TRY their best :). And again, think about it from the point of view that don't know that [Convince Sarah] will work ahead of time / not get you killed. LIke, if you stay any longer, YOU will die. What would be the point of that?

Well, I know you're not to be trusted when it comes to saving lives...

• edited November 2014

If it's that much of burden then what the fuck was all that shit about protecting a little girl in the first season? Seems a little contradictory on Telltale's part, if Lee didn't find Clementine, then Clem might have ended up suffering the same fate as the boy in the attic or Duck, by season's two logic, Lee should have just ditched Clem and let her die, because she was going to be a burden from here on out if he saved her, but it turned out she wasn't, and honestly, it's probably best for Clem to die trying save someone and succeeding rather than sticking around and becoming more dull and devoid of any personality.

Renster posted: »

Are you obligated to save the life of every person you meet in the ZA? That would be a pretty large burden for anyone... I don't think the

• He wasn't spraying and praying blindly.

Have you ever fired a AK 47? They are not accurate firearms, most are Chinese junk.

He wasn't spraying and praying blindly. By that logic, you might as well blame Nick for getting himself shot.

• Why not? You heartless scumbag

• edited November 2014

i deepy cared about sarah for multiple reasons.

1. Clem is like a lee to sarah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfQrOYs4v7Q

2: You can help sarah learn from her mistakes.

3: She reminds me of my sister.

• I see your point. I guess mine is an unpopular position, but I think that in the actual situation, survival > extreme heroics. I just feel that blaming Clem for not saving Sarah in that situation is unfair. One would have to have ridiculously high expectations to shame a small girl - who is trying her best, but fails, to help an older girl to get the will to move while a zombie hoard floods the room - even though all of the adults in the situation have already essentially ditched them both.

J-Master posted: »

If it's that much of burden then what the fuck was all that shit about protecting a little girl in the first season? Seems a little contradi

• edited November 2014

" Why save Sarah ? "
    What the heck? When you're saving someone you don't look "is he/she useful or not". I hated Larry but I still tried to save him. Sarah wasn't a threat to anyone, was she like Carver? NOPE. She just saw her dad die in fron of her and Luke's yelling and stuuff didn't really help anyone. People are not things to just throw them when you're bored. I'm actually surprised you asked this! Sarah got Reggie killed? Did SHE kill him or did Carver kill him? Clementine believed Stranger and secretly talked to him even though Lee told her not to.

"In conclusion, Sarah was the biggest liability and the most useless sack of shit in the game. I left her as soon as the option was given to me. My only gripe is that I wasn't able to slap her before leaving her."
    Even if she was a big liabilty you don't just kill her like that. Pretty damn seems like you and I are really different kinds of people.

And what's the point in survivng and living when you only care about your friggin' ass and ''throw liabilities'' out of your way. Hmm reminds me of Carver and kinda Jane. I can't even believe all the stuff I just read here.

• Hey, it's okay to dislike Sarah's character, but you don't need to insult her. Think about the people who like her, that's just mean.

• But you are looking at this from your own perspective. You would try harder to save Sarah than someone else and that's fine. There are many people in this world and many different opinions and what you may consider common sense, someone else may consider senseless.

I understand the OP has expressed his view's in an extreme manner and though I generally agree with his point, I do not agree with the extreme manner in which he has expressed.

And what's the point in survivng and living when you only care about your friggin' ass and ''throw liabilities'' out of your way. Hmm reminds me of Carver and kinda Jane. I can't even believe all the stuff I just read here.

Perhap's you don't see any value in surviving just to save your own ass.. Maybe you would rather try to save someone like Sarah even if it cost's you your life and I'm certain that many other's out there would agree with you 100%. But there are many others who would not such as myself. I would not just toss out Sarah to the walker's, but I would not let myself get killed trying to save a lost cause.

I think it's more important to stand by your own words and beliefs than to worry about what others would do because in the end only what you do should matter to you and realize others will do as they see fit!

Read the news and see all the horrible things we human's do to each other every day and we're not even in a ZA. Then imagine how people would treat each other during a ZA and I think "throwing liabilities out of your way" would be the least of terrible thing's that people would do to eachother!

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

" Why save Sarah ? " What the heck? When you're saving someone you don't look "is he/she useful or not". I hated Larry but I still tried to

• You can slap her, and she goes with you

Well, you can't save Sarah. Sarah won't let herself be saved. Though, at the end, there wasn't much which could be done. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.