Questions for Dominic Armato!

1121314151618»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Wow, seems like I really missed something here! I only preordered the game a few days ago, so I didn't get access to this forum before.

Oh my gosh, this is exciting! Well, hello, Dom! :D Hope you're still getting here every once in a while. I just wanted to say: I love you, Dom! For voicing Guybrush, I mean. ;) Really, your voice is perfect for him, and I wouldn't wanna play any of the new MI games, if they didn't have you as Guybrush! And that's why I only wanna play them in English, too.

One question: Have you ever read any MI fan fiction or taken a look at MI fan art? If so, were there any pieces of fiction or art you really liked?
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Dom,

Now that the day is upon us, how are you gonna celebrate?
  • edited July 2009
    Dmnkly wrote: »
    Since I haven’t in a while, thanks again for all of the kind words, folks. It really means a lot. And they’ll get me through tomorrow if the reviewers decide I’m all washed up and have forgotten how to act since EMI :-)
    Hey, you're welcome... and an excellent setup for my next question:

You've said you haven't done that much voice-acting lately (before the new MI-projects). And although you've also said that getting back into Guybrush-mode was basically as easy as clearing your throat, could you as a voice actor be losing "it" after too much time out of the business? I'm not talking about your voice getting older or ruined from too much booze (or, uhm, Diet Pepsi... love it), but more your acting capibilities. Do they suffer over time of NOT acting, or is it like riding a bicycle, once adapted it'll stay?
  • edited July 2009
    While voice recording, did you come many quotes or conversations that really made you crack up?
  • edited July 2009
    Any tips for aspiring voice actors?

Also, were there any lines you had to record that never made it to the MI games? Of so, why were they taken out?
  • edited July 2009
    As many have already said, great to have you back, Dominic!

To stay in topic, I'll have to ask something... Let's see... Something original... I got it! What IS the Secret of Monkey Island? ...oh wait, that's no good... Ok, here goes: Will I avoid scurvy if I eat an orange?

(I just had to say something before this section gets closed :rolleyes:)
  • edited July 2009
    Dominic rocks, thanks for taking the time to chat with your fans. :D
  • edited July 2009
    Mr. Armato, as I bang my head on the wall waiting patiently for the first episode (it's 8 AM over where I am, gotta wait a couple more hours) just want to say again, "We appreciate you!"

Also, I'm not sure if it's been asked yet, but how would you feel if Murray the Demonic Skull (known otherwise as Bob) were to make a comeback?
  • edited July 2009
    Dominic,

Hi, I'm a first time caller, long time listener. :) Tell me about your experiences in Chicago. I live downtown currently and I love it. What was your favorite place to eat while here?
  • edited July 2009
    Argentina! Tell me what do you think of our meat since u r such a great cook. Come down here and i will treat you with the best Asado ever!!! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.