Questions for Dominic Armato!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Q: what is your favourite bit/piece/sketch/song from Flight of the Conchords?

I love Foux da fafa, prince of parties and too many dicks on the dancefloor!
  • edited June 2009
    Why does Guybrush HATE porcelain?

How do you pronounce your surname? Ar-mate-o, Arm-a-toe, Ar-mat-o
  • edited June 2009
    Who is your favorite chef of all time?

Mine is Masaharu Morimoto i think he is a genius and i went to his restaurant in new york and it was unbelievable!

I also admire Robert Irvine for being just plain awesome!
  • edited June 2009
    Dmnkly wrote: »
    What, a prime opportunity for snark isn’t prize enough?

Actually, your fantastic answer to the question was prize enough. Prime opportunities for snark are just an added bonus!

Speaking of which....
    Nemesis2K wrote: »

[In best Guybrush singing voice] Ar-mate-o! Ar-mat-o! Let's call the whole thing off.

:D

And since this is a Q&A thread: Just how much enjoyment are you getting out of this? I think you secretly love this thread as much as we do.
  • edited June 2009
    Just how much change have you lost to the monkey in your pocket?
  • edited June 2009
    here's a question for you. where are you looking forwards to visiting in New England food wise? if you haven't already had an antique burger from Louis Lunch you just HAVE to stop by CT and try one.

i'd try to lure you to Cape Cod with the promise of awesome places to eat... but i'd have to open one first.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh, and another question - have you ever considered doing any convention appearances? (and as a sub-question, any in the UK? No harm in asking, tis where I'm from). If not, with the recent announcements, now would be a great time, with Monkey Island hype at the highest it's been at least in the last 10 years, if not longer.
  • edited June 2009
    Can you answer this question the way Guybrush would?
  • edited June 2009
    Now that your wife likes the way you sounding like Dominic Armato, what could you expect from her, when you're talking and behaving like Guybrush all day (and all night)?
    Questions for her AFTER you (Mr. Armato) thought of an answer: Did you ever notice that he was acting like one of the characters he was VO-ing? If so what did you do to make him stop / continue with it?
  • edited June 2009

~ Sure I can, you big ol' bed wetting doody head!
    ~ Um... I guess so.
    ~ Hmm. I'd rather not.
    ~ Sorry, what was the question again?
    ~ Excuse me, I've got pressing business to attend to.
  • edited June 2009
    What is your favourite version of LeChuck?

Ghost? Zombie? Demon? ...human?
  • edited June 2009

You know, you just gave me a cool ideea! I might have something for you guys in a few days. :D
  • edited June 2009
    Mriceguy wrote: »
    What is your favourite version of LeChuck?

Ghost? Zombie? Demon? ...human?

q: What is your favourite version of LeChuck?

a:I’m tempted to say 2, just because of that slinky zombie pirate shuffle, but Earl Boen is just too awesome, so I’m going to say 3.

;)
  • edited June 2009
    Do you think elaine is Lechuck's brother's wife's father's son's son's sister's huband's brother's son's daughter

OR

A doood in disguise

but seriously

What sort of book titles do you want to see on the Voodoo Lady's bookshelf? (sneaky)
  • edited June 2009
    Ive got a question, not sure if its been asked or maybe obvious but

Have you played the monkey island series too? Surely must be weird playing the game, hearing your voice and everyone being so complimentative on how hilarious the voice of guybrush is but your sat there thinking its just me speaking?
  • edited June 2009
    Ive got a question, not sure if its been asked or maybe obvious but

Have you played the monkey island series too? Surely must be weird playing the game, hearing your voice and everyone being so complimentative on how hilarious the voice of guybrush is but your sat there thinking its just me speaking?
    He's actually quite a huge Monkey Island fan and was one long before he got the job as Guybrush's voice.
  • edited June 2009
    Arodin wrote: »
    ~ Sure I can, you big ol' bed wetting doody head!
    ~ Um... I guess so.
    ~ Hmm. I'd rather not.
    ~ Sorry, what was the question again?
    ~ Excuse me, I've got pressing business to attend to.

Haha, i was hoping someone would give some response. Had to see how crazy it would be.
  • edited June 2009
    Hi Dominic, very big relief to hear you were reprising Guybrush for these two games! I got a couple of questions:

1. Don't you think it would be great if Guybrush had an opportunity to do a Russian accent at some point? I don't know why, but i've always wanted to see CMI-Guybrush in a Soviet fur-hat :P

2. Very random-sounding question, but divides people I know who don't back away slowly when I do a classic Guybrush-quote; what do you think about Captain Dread? Telltale's art would suit him, dontcha think? :-)

P.S. Here's Deutscher-Guybrush in non-zipped form :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=DE&hl=de&v=r1pXHhrToLw

Is it me, or is the music slightly different to the English version?
  • edited June 2009
    I always wanted to play D&D when I was a kid, but could never find anybody to play with. So I mostly just rolled characters and read modules.

Well Dominic considering your coming to the Boston area if you were interested in fulfilling your dreams of being a D&D player then the fellow D&D outcast would be glad to include you in a quest... I myself was thrown out of D&D during my first game for eating another player's corpse to regain health... Apparently people frown on that kind of behavior...

Also mad props on being an indy fake guitarist,
  • edited June 2009
    Vongrove wrote: »
    I myself was thrown out of D&D during my first game for eating another player's corpse to regain health... Apparently people frown on that kind of behavior.
    You should meet the people I used to play D&D with. You'd be welcomed with open arms. :)
  • edited June 2009
    Hey, I'm kinda different from most of the people here in that I have never played a MI game. However, I've heard good things about it and looked it up on Wikipedia BEFORE either of these games were announced. What I want to know is:
    1) What should people new to the series know?
    2) What question do you wish you were asked?
    Thank you.
  • edited June 2009
    Hey, don't feel bad, same with me! I'll ask those questions too. :)
  • edited June 2009
    New Monkey Island fans after all this time
    *tear wells up in Gryffalio's scarred eyes
  • edited June 2009
    Dmknlz. It's your friend Bloodnose. I've grown up and now only act like a jerk to people when they're out of earshot.

I am mostly posting just because Muppet and I wanted to be really comically (as comically as an internet forum allows for) petty and lay claim to the whole Dmnkly thing once and for all. We totally came up with it and we are amazing because it works on so many levels because it's both meant to insult fanboys who are poor spellers while simultaneously being a Monkey Island reference while simultaneously actually sort of kind of sounding like your name. I think you know all this, but I wanted to reiterate to you how brilliant we are in case you forgot. I also recall that we frequently referred to your full name as Dmnkly Armageddon. The Armageddon part is less witty though. And, yes, the stuff I said about me growing up earlier was a total fabrication.

I might as well ask you a thing or seven then. Did you ever get to see the Pixies live? Back in the day or during the reunion? You've heard they're doing a 2 Reunion 2 Furious right? I saw them during the first reunion and it was a really low-key show (which I think is sorta standard for them), but, whatever, I saw the Pixies live. Also, are you going to bother getting the two-billion dollar collection of all their stuff that they're releasing? I see very little reason to personally.

More importantly, are there any good bands I should be listening to? I don't know that our music tastes intersected much aside from the Pixies but, uh, anything I'd like because I like the Pixies? I will suggest to you to get the Breeders' first album, Pod, if you've never heard it because I'm not a big Breeders fan at all but the first album is really great and is produced by that wacky Steve Albini. If you want a weird band of noise that's around now, Bearsuit is good.

Also, Party Down is a pretty decent new show on Starz that has a lot of connections to Veronica Mars.

My post was too long but that is the form love takes!!!!
  • edited June 2009
    One thing I forgot to say is how amazing that Dominic Armato is doing this. Most celebrities seem so distant, but here, your question is less like a lottery. Its kinda cool. Thank you Dominic Armato for submitting to Jake's demands and I look forward to being a fan of yours soon.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh yes, one more thing, what exactly are the restrictions that your union puts on you. I've heard of some teachers unions that bully teachers out of working overtime because it "makes the other teachers look bad," so, how does your union work? (You've made numerous references to it, so I think that warrants an explanation for us non-professional entertainers). There, I'm done.
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2009
    Well well well, Dom Thriftweed. I wondered if you were you were aware of this? Go ahead, give a click.
  • edited June 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »
    P.S. Here's Deutscher-Guybrush in non-zipped form :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=DE&hl=de&v=r1pXHhrToLw
    I already got a nice video from youtube with the exact time he has to jump to.^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mjGUur5COc (with HD-Quality)
    Is it me, or is the music slightly different to the English version?
    What do you mean by "different"? I just know that the Plunder song was just different with the "bam bam" at the end.
  • edited June 2009
    Dom, you previously mentioned the infamous "Monkey Island 5" April Fool's Joke at Mixnmojo.com. What's the story behind that? Were the lines from the outtakes written out beforehand, or did you ad-lib any? My favorite line being "I'm Guybrush Threepwood: lovable pirate and financial gold for Lucasarts!" Also, any chance some of those outtakes being used in TMI?
  • edited June 2009
    On the subject of recent AWESOME revival news a la ToMI: Any thoughts on the new season of Futurama that was just confirmed? Could this just be some kind of super revival-of-cancalled/dead-series year we're having?
    I'm really excited about it, even though I thought the "movies" were a little lackluster. I felt like they were too busy trying to work in everything and everybody and driving plot rather than just bringing the funny like they did with the regular series. But it sounds like they know where they went wrong and I bet they come out swinging. I'm looking forward to it.
    ...Hey, how great would a Telltale episodic VM game be? Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing them take on a TV show license, just because that kind of standalone stories with a strong arc fits the episodic game format perfectly, for obvious reasons.
    My first reaction was that's the only way you're going to get your fix since Kristin Bell is pushing 30, but on second thought, she could probably play high schoolers plausibly well into her '50s.
    MrsBBC wrote: »
    Heya Dom,
    Thanks for agreeing to answer our inane questions.
    I'm not sure if this should be directed in this thread or the Q&A with the team but seeing as I've so far managed to read your Q&A....I figured here.
    I noticed on the lucasarts.com video when you're in the recording studio that you were wearing a recent Threadless t-shirt. This would be the perfect timing to suggest to threadless that they run one of the their feature design competitions.
    I agree! Too bad I have nothing to do with marketing :-)
    AndyBundy wrote: »
    okay then check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mjGUur5COc jump to 4:15
    And now let's come to the questions: What do you think of that voice? Would you even try to speak German (and other languages as well), record it and compare it with the localized VO only once just to see how good the other voices fit to your actual voice?
    Wow! Totally different! That's kinda funny :-)

Not that it bothers me or should. The humor in character voices is based on so many subtle little cultural things -- regional dialects, speech patterns of different social classes, decades of local pop culture, etc. -- that I can't imagine how the subtlety would translate. You have to do what works for the local market, and I imagine that's why it's called localization rather than translation. Simply plugging the text into babelfish doesn't do it.
    I guess what I'm saying is that I don't believe the localized versions necessarily should match my voice as closely as possible. What's important is that Guybrush's character is conveyed, not the tone of his voice. And the way to do that in X culture may be very different than the way to do that in the States.
    Keregioz wrote: »
    What's the best and worst VO you've encountered in a computer game? (excluding Lucas and telltale).
    Hmmm... for worst, I could take the easy way out and say Resident Evil, but we all know how that pushed its way through terrible and into awesome. That's a tough one to answer, actually. I feel like there's been so much bad VO in video games over the years that it's hard to single out something as notably so. If I could pore over the list of games I've played, I'm sure I'd come up with something. Recently, I found myself stopping Mass Effect about 5-6 hours in and starting over again with the female lead just because I couldn't handle the voice of John Shepard. Dull dull dull. (And now I can look forward to a punch in the face from Mark Meer if I ever meet him, and I'll probably deserve it.) But in his defense, I always try to give the benefit of the doubt in those scenarios. For all I know, he could have been directed to play it really flat. I'm in the camp that considers myself, first and foremost, an employee of whoever is hiring me, and while I'll make suggestions and try to add a little input, at the end of the day my job is to try to understand and deliver what my director wants, end of story. Plus, it's always a fine line with main characters in huge dialogue games like Mass Effect. On one hand, the main character has to be interesting enough that you don't get bored to tears listening to him for 50 hours, but on the other hand he can't be too wacky or you just want him to shut up.

On the best end? The two guys who played the talking guards in the Thief series spring to mind. It's been a while, but I remember liking the whole cast from Gabriel Knight. I'm currently digging whoever did Kaidan Alenko for Mass Effect. Very understated, very good. I know there were a bunch I loved in Psychonauts, but it's been a while since I played and I don't recall who, specifically.
    dantheape wrote: »
    You are serving a large group of your wife's coworkers. In your haste you get distracted by the group and come back to the kitchen to find the roux is about to burn, the meat is almost charcoal, and the mushrooms are waterlogged. The only alternative is Taco Bell's "deal of the day". What do you do? Do you serve the potentially nauseating Salisbury Steak or do you try to pass of the fast food as your own?
    First, for the record, I'll cop to the occasional Taco Bell craving. It hits about once every other year, it's all I want for a week, and then it completely disappears. There's no explaining it.

That said, I have to go with option C. I'm not serving the destroyed items. Nor is there any way in hell I'm serving Taco Bell, much less trying to pass it off as my own. In the time it would take to drive to the Taco Bell and back, I can throw something together. Raid the fridge and the pantry for what's fresh, keep it quick and simple, no problem. And even if I wasn't feeling especially creative that day, I'd just throw together a quick pasta that might not be the flashiest meal for guests but'll still be damn good. I always have the fixins around. Dry pasta in the cabinet, canned tomatoes, parmigiano reggiano and some form of cured pork in the fridge, a couple of onions hanging around, a good jar of olive oil. You don't need anything more if you know how to work it.
    Where do I buy this 'union exemption' thing?...
    I just mean that any work I do has to be under union jurisdiction. It's the nature of the beast. You're in or you're out, and there are upsides and downsides to being on either side of the fence. But I just quizzed as Lawful Neutral on Facebook, so it should come as no surprise that I follow the rules of whatever side I'm on. There are some exemptions for charitable work, special low-budget projects, etc. that allow somebody to hire union talent without paying the full rates, but the rules and paperwork are somewhat byzantine, I think, so I'm not really in a position to elaborate further.
    Anyways, I was also wondering what games you're playing currently... specifically on the PC platform. If they're multiplayer, what screen name do you use? I'd love to play a game with you and then brag about how I lost/won a game against Dominic Armato.
    Recently, just Mass Effect, Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I worked my Rock Band Truescore up to 33, and I think I've reached the point where to get any higher I'd have to either obsessively practice small passages over and over again, or memorize the best spots to deploy overdrive, neither of which I'm inclined to do (despite my competitive nature), so I think that's pretty much where I'm maxing out. If you're in the upper 30s or higher, I'll just concede defeat and spare you the trouble of actually having to beat me.
    ...Also also, I found what appears to be your FaceBook. I demand you add me. That's not really a question, but do it anyway. I need the nerd cred. Well, I don't need it... :rolleyes:
    Yeah, I've noticed a sudden uptick in friend requests from total strangers :-) Is Facebook friending not the most awkward thing in the world? On one hand, yeah, I want to be everybody's friend, I don't want to give somebody the cold shoulder. On the other hand, I'm starting to find that the close friends who I'm really trying to keep up with are getting crowded out by quizzes from people who might be cousins of friends of work acquaintances, or maybe nothing at all. There's probably a way to sort it all better. Did I mention I'm a little short on time these days?
    Shemp wrote: »
    Have you ever met Ron Gilbert in person or talked to him on phone?
    Nope. Never have. And I actually talked about this on a podcast for Official Xbox Magazine today. There's part of me that desperately wants his approval -- not even that he feels I did a great job, but just that I didn't make a mockery of his character -- and there's another part of me that would rather not know because if he doesn't like what I've done then I'd just have to go throw myself out the window, and nobody wants that. Least of all me.
    Shemp wrote: »
    Have you played Maniac Mansion? What do you think of it?
    Actually, that's one of the old LA titles that I never played. Can't imagine how, since everybody else loves it. Upside is that for me, it'll be like having a completely new classic LucasArts adventure years after the fact when I finally do get around to playing it.
    He wants to know, if it's not too much for you to answer his questions too, what do you like most about Guybrush? And how many times have you finished each Monkey Island game?
    What I love about Guybrush is that he’s a pirate, and he can get plenty snarky, but at heart he’s just a sweet, naïve guy. I guess I love him because that’s what I aspire to be. Just socially competent enough to navigating the world without being corrupted by it, and making up for my shortcomings with pure enthusiasm.
    He thanks you very very much for this oportunity of asking you this and meeting you (virtually speaking). I helped him write this because he doesn't know how to spell words in english, even if he speaks the language better than I do. :)
    It’s my pleasure!
    (Sorry if I'm beginning to bug you, and no, the carbonara doesn't contain cream...anymore.... from now on..well, you understand)
    Hey, let me be clear. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with making a pasta that’s dressed with eggs, cured pork, cheese, pepper and cream – I’m just saying it isn’t carbonara! Just like a tomato sauce with meat isn’t Bolognese and Kobe beef isn’t Kobe beef unless it comes from Kobe. Doesn’t make the alternatives inherently inferior. I just don’t like definition creep in my foodstuffs :-)

(Though I’ve yet to have a cream version of “carbonara” that stands up to the traditional.)
    stannum wrote: »
    Speaking of Iron Chef,
    Masaharu Morimoto, Chen Kenichi or Hiroyuki Sakai?
    What, no Michiba, Ishinabe, Nakamura or Kobe? :-)

Kenichi by a nose. Juuuuuuust barely. And probably because a Chinese chef fighting a French master to a draw with fricking foie gras just made him my hero.
    Xocrates wrote: »
    I'm utterly shocked no-one asked this one yet.
    Why do you have a kazoo on your bathroom for two months?
    I dunno. I think my kid brought it in there. See? Didn’t even give it a second thought.
    Q: what is your favourite bit/piece/sketch/song from Flight of the Conchords?
    I love Foux da fafa, prince of parties and too many dicks on the dancefloor!
    Well, I haven’t seen season two yet, and Foux du Fafa is clearly upper echelon, but the undisputed champion for me – the one that still kills me even though I’ve probably watched it 50 times – is The Hiphopapotamus vs. The Rhymenoceros.

Oh, and the kiwi stuck to the door with a knife. Biggest laugh of the series for me.
    Why does Guybrush HATE porcelain?
    Doesn’t everybody?
    Ar as in “Arrrrrrrrr, matey.” Ma as in, “Hey, Ma, I’m running off to become a pirate!” And To as in “I can’t feel my left big toe because of the scurvy.” If scurvy caused circulatory problems, that is. I don’t think it does. But you take my point. (Emphasis on the second syllable.)
    Onedaful wrote: »
    Who is your favorite chef of all time?
    Mine is Masaharu Morimoto i think he is a genius and i went to his restaurant in new york and it was unbelievable!
    I also admire Robert Irvine for being just plain awesome!
    Well, I’ve never seen his show and my only exposure to Robert Irvine is the whole falsified resume and shady business dealings, so it probably goes without saying that my uneducated opinion of him isn’t very flattering.

Jean-Georges Vongerichten is the guy who took me from excited to full-blown obsessed when it comes to food. Like most celebrity chefs who have gone the restaurateur route, the outposts on the edge of the empire aren’t exactly Rome. But my first meal at Jean Georges in New York was a life-changer. The things they say about Keller’s food are absolutely true, so he’s on the list. And I’ll go a nice, round three by throwing in Achatz, because among all of the guys who are throwing total absurdity on the table in the name of molecular gastronomy, he’s the one (of the ones I’ve tried, that is) who’s doing it thoughtfully and with purpose. With him, it’s genuine, intelligent exploration rather than just a three ring circus.
    CalBearRJ wrote: »
    And since this is a Q&A thread: Just how much enjoyment are you getting out of this? I think you secretly love this thread as much as we do.
    Secretly? I was shooting for overtly!
    Enough to preorder Tales of Monkey Island, Season One!

Hey, we’re over a hundred questions, it’s about time I threw in a shameless plug.

Oh, wait. All of you have preordered already. Um... well... tell your friends that’s how much change I’ve lost.
    plagiarize wrote: »
    here's a question for you. where are you looking forwards to visiting in New England food wise? if you haven't already had an antique burger from Louis Lunch you just HAVE to stop by CT and try one.
    I’m really anxious to try some Portuguese. It’s a cuisine I have absolutely zero experience with, and I understand it’s well-represented around those parts. First chance I get, I’m driving down to New Haven for some pizza. And Maine might be a stretch, but I intend to get my fill of lobster rolls.
    Oh, and another question - have you ever considered doing any convention appearances? (and as a sub-question, any in the UK? No harm in asking, tis where I'm from). If not, with the recent announcements, now would be a great time, with Monkey Island hype at the highest it's been at least in the last 10 years, if not longer.
    No, I haven’t, and I imagine it’d be a ton of fun. As it is, nobody’s asked :-)
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no.

(How much mileage do you think I can get out of that one?)
    Now that your wife likes the way you sounding like Dominic Armato, what could you expect from her, when you're talking and behaving like Guybrush all day (and all night)?
    Gosh, I don’t think I take Guybrush home with me. At least, no more than I put into him in the first place. If I start wearing my hair like that, though, she’ll probably have something to say about it.
    hamzie wrote: »
    Do you think elaine is Lechuck's brother's wife's father's son's son's sister's huband's brother's son's daughter

OR

A doood in disguise
    If she’s a dood in disguise, I hope she never takes the disguise off.
    1. Don't you think it would be great if Guybrush had an opportunity to do a Russian accent at some point? I don't know why, but i've always wanted to see CMI-Guybrush in a Soviet fur-hat :P
    In Soviet Russia, treasure hunts you!!!
    2. Very random-sounding question, but divides people I know who don't back away slowly when I do a classic Guybrush-quote; what do you think about Captain Dread? Telltale's art would suit him, dontcha think? :-)
    With the rasta hat and the dreads? Yeah, I see that working :-)
    hplikelike wrote: »
    1) What should people new to the series know?
    I always tell people, the thing about Monkey Island is that it’s just so damn charming. Yes, it’s funny, yes, it’s beautiful, but the series just has this lovable feel to it that I’ve never seen in another video game. But hey, you’ve already bought it... you’ll find out soon enough for yourself!
    hplikelike wrote: »
    2) What question do you wish you were asked?
    “I have a couple extra million bucks I need to get rid of. Would you mind spending it for me?”
    joeplork wrote: »
    Dmknlz. It's your friend Bloodnose. I've grown up and now only act like a jerk to people when they're out of earshot.

I am mostly posting just because Muppet and I wanted to be really comically (as comically as an internet forum allows for) petty and lay claim to the whole Dmnkly thing once and for all. We totally came up with it and we are amazing because it works on so many levels because it's both meant to insult fanboys who are poor spellers while simultaneously being a Monkey Island reference while simultaneously actually sort of kind of sounding like your name. I think you know all this, but I wanted to reiterate to you how brilliant we are in case you forgot. I also recall that we frequently referred to your full name as Dmnkly Armageddon. The Armageddon part is less witty though. And, yes, the stuff I said about me growing up earlier was a total fabrication.
    Bloodnose! It has, indeed, been a while!

I apologize for not giving you your proper props, but I genuinely couldn’t remember who first called me Dmnkly. I’ve no doubt that it was you and Muppet, so... um... thanks :-)
    I might as well ask you a thing or seven then. Did you ever get to see the Pixies live? Back in the day or during the reunion? You've heard they're doing a 2 Reunion 2 Furious right? I saw them during the first reunion and it was a really low-key show (which I think is sorta standard for them), but, whatever, I saw the Pixies live. Also, are you going to bother getting the two-billion dollar collection of all their stuff that they're releasing? I see very little reason to personally.
    I did! I saw them twice on the first small town reunion tour, both in Winnipeg and Spokane, then caught them again in Chicago on the slightly larger reunion tour that followed. And no, they weren’t always so low-key. The only other time I saw them was when they were touring for Trompe Le Monde, and that was insane. I mean, they don’t make a big production out of the show, if that’s what you mean, but the music speaks for itself. I just looked up the box sets you mention, and I’m sure they’ll be ultracool, but yeah, without new material I can’t see dropping the cash. The accompanying design is undeniably awesome, but the love is for the music.
    More importantly, are there any good bands I should be listening to? I don't know that our music tastes intersected much aside from the Pixies but, uh, anything I'd like because I like the Pixies? I will suggest to you to get the Breeders' first album, Pod, if you've never heard it because I'm not a big Breeders fan at all but the first album is really great and is produced by that wacky Steve Albini. If you want a w
  • edited June 2009
    Earl Boen spends too much time playing Monkey Island and decides to kidnap you and throw you into the city of real life Monkey Island, Florida. He keeps you in a little cage and decides to keep you from going insane - so he can torment you daily. Earl will give you one book, one video game and one food you will be able to read, play and eat for the rest of your life. But you will never be allowed to read a different book, play a different game or eat a different food or to leave the confines of the second smallest cage you've ever seen.

What do you pick?
  • edited June 2009

Heheh... Bloodnose... I remember you. And Muppet... And I heard MrCoulomb (sp?) doing a podcast for mixnmojo. It's funny to discover that I remember these names, still buried somewhere in my brain batter. I was 'gorbie' on #monkey-island such a long long time ago... :cool:
  • GoTGoT
    edited June 2009
    Hey Dom if you do come to Australia you'd have to let some of us over here know first so we can plan you a big Monkey Island themed party or a not-Monkey Island themed party, depending on which you'd prefer. And im sure you wouldnt run short of places to stay for you and your family, im guessing a lot of ppl would be almost literally throwing rooms at you and yours.
  • edited June 2009
    Hey Dom!

You're a legend man! I'm still thinking of a question that worthy of an answer....Hmmmm... I can't get anything yet. If you just said 'Hi' I'd be happy, haha. Until then, I shall attempt to think of a half-way decent question for you.

Look forward to it it will be epic. (Unless of course you say Hi and leave me speechless. Haha!)

Edit: If you head to Australia, we run a nice little block of holiday units down by the beach. Let me know maybe you'll get a discount. Merimbula - Lower NSW. Literally, 250 metres from the beach.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm currently digging whoever did Kaidan Alenko for Mass Effect. Very understated, very good.

Voice chaser checking it. His name is Raphael Sbarge and he also played Carth Onasi in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (very similiar character to Kaiden). He's also been in CSI and CSI:Miami a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK34XTokgYY

Jennifer Hale's in there too.
  • TeaTea
    edited June 2009
    I was! And I think it’s awesome that enough love exists ten years after the last game to drive a project like this. Truth is, if not for some issues of propriety (and potentially legality), I might’ve tried to jump in myself!

That's awesome! So what do you think of the Speech Project's Guybrush? (ooooh tough one!)
  • edited June 2009
    I agree wholeheartedly on the Mass Effect front. I started the game with the female Shepard (voiced by Jennifer Hale apparently, I know she also voiced Bastila in KOTOR 2), then once I'd finished the game I went back to play through with the male Shepard and... OH, DEAR GOD HOW BLAND. I never finished the second playthrough for that reason.
  • edited June 2009
    What do you mean by "different"? I just know that the Plunder song was just different with the "bam bam" at the end.

It just felt different to me, I guess because I equate the German language with alpine areas, so it felt less jungly and more Alpine (my mind works in weird ways) but I checked an English version of the intro and realised it was just me.
  • edited June 2009
    Do you have a Bacon number, or is that only for people in movies?
  • edited June 2009
    A food related question for you: Do you think you could cook something that wouldn't be called "bland, tasteless, and[/or] overseasoned" by Chef Ramsey?

And do you think we'll ever see you on like a "Celebrity Hell's Kitchen" if they ever come up with one?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.