Concepts and Such

123457»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Like the new screenshots, can't wait, not long now
  • edited July 2009
    Those screenshots show how far this game has come since the e3 stuff.
  • MukMuk
    edited July 2009
    Hey everyone,

I just pre-ordered my copy yesterday and first off I can't stress enough how thrilled I am to see Telltale finally take on one of the biggerst adventure legends ever!

Reading all this (and being a videogame composer myself) about concept art leaves me but one request; is there any way we can get a hold on some of the new music Michael Land has written for the game? Will there be a soundtrack release in the end? Sorry if this is off topic but I had to drop the bomb :)

Keep it up Telltale team, looking forward to the first episode!

Jonathan vd Wijngaarden
    www.musicbyjonathan.com
  • edited July 2009
    The concept art and screenshots are looking amazing! Awesome work you guys :D

As a student who's been studying animation for the past 5 years I always find this stuff interesting. Now I'm looking forward to the series even more!
  • edited July 2009
    Is it just me, or is Guybrush missing his poxy hand in the last of those three new screenshots? (The one where he's in front of that instrument-blowing idol...)

np: Tim Exile - Don't Think We're One (Listening Tree)
  • edited July 2009
    Muk wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I just pre-ordered my copy yesterday and first off I can't stress enough how thrilled I am to see Telltale finally take on one of the biggerst adventure legends ever!

Reading all this (and being a videogame composer myself) about concept art leaves me but one request; is there any way we can get a hold on some of the new music Michael Land has written for the game? Will there be a soundtrack release in the end? Sorry if this is off topic but I had to drop the bomb :)

Keep it up Telltale team, looking forward to the first episode!

Jonathan vd Wijngaarden
    www.musicbyjonathan.com

I completely agree with this. The first thing I looked at was if Ron was part of this, but the second thing was to see if any of the three LucasArts Audio stooges were on duty. That Michael Land is at the helm made me grin and tell everyone I knew even faster than I already would have.

-Glen Sanger (Son of The Mighty Fat Man)
  • Hi all, :)

it's great to see the heroes of my uhm...youth (ok, I'm only 29, but it seems as if it took an enternity to see Monkey Island back on my screen) returning. Thanks a lot Telltale, I'm as happy as a 29 year old, three-headed Monkey Island gamer with no life whatsoever, could ever be without finding a lot of GOLD. :D

BTW: Is there any chance that we will see Lemonhead and the rest of the Carnibals in Tales of MI? :)
  • edited July 2009
    Talking about concepts again: the DVD cover starts to look pretty nice :) In case you haven't seen yet:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-469
  • edited July 2009
    Talking about concepts again: the DVD cover starts to look pretty nice :) In case you haven't seen yet:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-469

Heheheheheh... I pre-ordered. :cool:

Steve Purcell. Genius!
  • edited July 2009
    Steve's awesome. I'm so glad I pre-ordered mine!
  • edited July 2009
    thatdude98 wrote: »
    Heheheheheh... I pre-ordered. :cool:

Steve Purcell. Genius!

We all did in here, hence we're all in this part of the forum ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Wow so great!!!
  • edited July 2009
    But is he a Flemish glassblower?

edit Are Pirates numbers 3 and 7 ancestors of Brady Culture?! Does this mean what I think it means?
  • edited July 2009
    I LIKE PIE! :eek:
  • edited July 2009
    thatdude98 wrote: »
    I LIKE PIE! :eek:

I know a couple guys ...
  • edited July 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I know a couple guys ...

They really do like pie...
  • edited July 2009
    I've got to say, I LOVE this game's art style. :D
  • edited July 2009
    This is one of the most awesome pre-order bonuses I've ever encountered. Thank you Telltale, honestly, you've brought my favorite genre back to the industry and now you're generating a game I thought I'd never see.

Thank you.
  • edited July 2009
    tgeorgic wrote: »
    They really do like pie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIvtfEcf4m8
    :D
  • edited July 2009
    wezzy wrote: »

agreed!
  • edited July 2009
    Talking about the LeChuck topic at the start of this. I think the horn look might have worked just because between all the games he changed such a large amount. The 4th game cheated by giving him a...non dead form. Nuff said but overall I like the look he has.
  • edited July 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    Something like a body swap? And then the execution being of Guybrush Threepwood's body which is inhabited by LeChuck? Or Guybrush becomes like LeChuck at the beginning of the game but not a totally replicated look?

The human idea is cool and I like it. It was a sweet idea - I just really like where they went with the LeChuck design and it's sad it's in so briefly. Your idea is cool although I kind of thought something along the same lines - undead Guybrush. I can see either way really - playing as LeChuck with evil Dominic voices sounds great.
    This sounds kind of like the Sam and Max zombie deal but MORE like when you got to play as Max and the Monster creashion. It sounds like a cool move though ^_^
  • edited July 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    Something like a body swap? And then the execution being of Guybrush Threepwood's body which is inhabited by LeChuck? Or Guybrush becomes like LeChuck at the beginning of the game but not a totally replicated look?
    Sounds like the situation at the end of Simon the Sorcerer 2, where Simon is forced to swap his body with Sordid. Then Sorid is send back to Simons home and Simon is punished instead of Sordid.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.