Who survived your last choice?

Comments

• edited July 2015

I love the thought of the exiled son ending up being the family's savior.

Plus, I can't wait to see how Asher will fare with lordship. Elissa said he hated the idea when he was growing up. Should be amusing.

• I saved Rodrik, he was my favorite character. Sorry Asher. :(

• edited July 2015

I left Rodrik behind, though the decision reeeally stressed me out. On one hand you have Asher; the one we've worked so hard to bring back. He has a whole lot of character with an interesting story and a tight bond with Beskha. The exhiled secondson who was destined to return and honor the family. On the other hand you have Rodrik; the noble *firstborn son who is the rightful lord that gets deeper in long lasting feud with the Whitehills. The Rivalry with Rodrik and Ludd along with Gryff really makes a good build up for the war. Nothing would be more satisfying then seeing Rodrik, the brave and nobe lord, take the head of Ludd and Gryff.

Each decision comes with a possible loss of an alliance. If you save Asher you could lose The Glenmores, if you save Rodrik you could lose the pit-fighters. Unless they would rather avenge. I felt more engaged with Asher's character than I did with Rodrik's, and when I left Rodrik behind I didn't get the feels man.. I just didn't.. Then I made a copy save to leave Asher behind, and I definitely felt the feels. When it came to the ultimate choice(1st choice), the things that were conflicting my choices were;

-I really like Asher's character and background. The exiled secondson becomes the savior of his family. The sister bond with Beskha was very well put together, when I heard her shout out "You better not leave me!" I took her advice. He's a very entertaining character, a rebel and a comical smartass, which makes for a good show.

-Mainly for Rodrik, I just REALLY wanted to see him kill Ludd and Gryff. But that was about it, I wasn't that drawn to his character. He had some badass one liners but not much more. I saw him as the typical "good guy" in most cases. But a few more things I liked about him was that he was the rightful ruler after Gregor (being firstborn) and his family and soldiers had so much respect for him.

When it came down to it I had to save Asher. He'll avenge Rodrik and the family. Long may he reign.

• edited July 2015

I left Asher, which seems to be an Unpopular opinion on here. I left Asher because I really did not care for him. His story felt so boring, and I didn't like him at all. But Rodrik's story felt so entertaining to me, and Everything about him felt awesome. But the real reason, I knew a guy named Asher. He lived down the street from me. He was a cool dude, We played video games a lot, and It was great. But then one day, We went out to the woods down the street, and He had a stash of very disturbing items layed in the woods. He was a fucking sick twisted little shit. The first person I had ever had distrust in. And Asher felt so similar to him in some way. I was not going to take him with me, And leave rodrik behind, Someone who fought like hell to get Back to forrester, Someone who fought like hell to take his home back, And someone I care much more for.

• Rodrik has the greatsword of House Forrester ,so I will probably save him.Also when you save him ,Elaena won't loss 2 close people so fast

• edited July 2015

I chose Rodrik to stay alive cause he is the lord of House Forrester, he is about to marry Elaena as I promised her I will. I really didn't want ANYONE to die, I loved Asher. This was so far my hardest decision in this whole game. RIP Asher. IRON FROM ICEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I could not leave Rodrik he is my favorite character and while Asher had the respect of the pit fighters Rodrik is a man people want to follow so i see no problem with that. And there is not that many pit fighters left not that there where that many to begin with to make a difference. And while i dont want the Forresters to die for me the most logical would be that they did die because much more powerful houses have fallen in westeros that have had better odds then the Forresters have. But if telltale can figure out a way so we can win that is not complete bullshit i am all for it.

• Rodrik and Asher will decide to hold off the Whitehills together.They shout "iron from ice" and die a few seconds later.(valar morgulis,game over)

Flog61 posted: »

Can you let the timer run out? If so, what happens?

• I think that asher needs to stay , because rodrick had that little scene before that fighting scene , where he got some love and he burned his walking stick , and became a new man, so he got a wife, a mother who loves him, and he cannot die again... And asher's story isn't so good as rodrick's I mean if Asher die he will lose Beska and his new friends.... that's all ,whatever it was awesome , but next episode... well it will be a fight(Last episode, and one forester died again.... fucking hell game of thrones why do you have too kill every man who is close to the starks or they are starks... George RR i hate you)

• What about Elaena? Now Elaena has nobody left.

• wut? you do realise we could kill whitehills since the first episode and asher/rodrik killed half of grieff's army before dieing?

• Asher lives in my playthrough. I accidentally got spoiled on the choice before playing, and I had it in my mind I'd choose Rodrick, but in the end I actually ended up with Asher for a number of reasons.

• I saved Asher. Honestly Rodrik is my favorite character in the game, but it felt like the proper place to end his character arch, with Asher it would just feel like shock value.

• edited July 2015

Alt text

clap-tp posted: »

wut? you do realise we could kill whitehills since the first episode and asher/rodrik killed half of grieff's army before dieing?

• genius point 10/10 ign youre so smart

• edited July 2015

"if we ever get a choice to kill Gryff and other Whitehills"
    You managed to deduce he ment the footmen, dying like redshirts since ep1.
    genius point 10/10 ign youre so smart, Holmes would be proud

genius point 10/10 ign youre so smart

• I went Rodrik. It helps that the scene makes way more sense with Rodrik dying, what with Gryff looking down at him all smug and shit. And what'shisface even hit him in the eye and spat on him, just like I did to Gryff.

• he ment gryff his father AND his soldiers, you could had enough common sense and quote the part about killing gryff. which is very likely going to happend in at least on version of the final battle.

Krmpr1 posted: »

"if we ever get a choice to kill Gryff and other Whitehills" You managed to deduce he ment the footmen, dying like redshirts since ep1. genius point 10/10 ign youre so smart, Holmes would be proud

• right, i think Rodrik is more the one to sacrifice himself for his family and his house, Asher is more like a reckless badass and i'm sure he will kill every single whitehill he can in the next episode. I know everybody is pissed off with the traitor thing but i my gameplay rodrik was also reckless so duncan is right when he blame Rodrik. Anyway when ducan says he would had prefer Rodrick didnt ever leave the dead cart i think his word made rodrick thing and he felt like staying behind was the right thing to do

I saved Asher. Honestly Rodrik is my favorite character in the game, but it felt like the proper place to end his character arch, with Asher it would just feel like shock value.

• Leaving a Lord to die is a shame, after all Asher is just another foot soldier. It's his duty to do anything to protect his Lord. Rodrick is the person i chose to spare, it makes sense.

• edited July 2015

He meant the close family members.
    "if we ->!ever!<- get a choice to..."= something we didn't have the chance to do YET. Get some common sense and try again. You're not as clever as you think you are, Cersei. Alt text

he ment gryff his father AND his soldiers, you could had enough common sense and quote the part about killing gryff. which is very likely going to happend in at least on version of the final battle.

• Honestly, if you left Asher behind, you are absolutely mental. Not even a hard choice, but obviously a real tough pill to swallow, although I knew somehow that this game wouldn't end with both Rodrik and Asher alive.

What do you guys think about their chances against Whitehills/Boltons?

Personally, optimistic me is screaming that Dany will swoop in on Dracarys and fuck shit up.

• I actually preferred playing as Rodrik. I found his plot more engaging and got more invested in him and his relationships with the family. And I think that's why I decided that Rodrik would be the one to stay behind. I think it fits the narrative best.

Rodrik is the broken lord of a broken House. He has already lost one little brother to this conflict, he will not see another die while he is lord. Rodrik is not the man he was. He is scarred and maimed, unable to fight the way he used to. He is the embodiment of the House as it stands now. He knows that if the House is to rise again, it needs a lord who can lead the charge towards the future with a fire in their heart and all the vigour of youth at their disposal. Asher can be that lord.

Asher is the lord of tomorrow and it is the responsibility of the lord of today to make the ultimate sacrifice for his family and his House. Rodrik gladly stayed behind and took as many of those Whitehill bastards with him as he could. His only regret was that he leaves Elaena behind and cannot be the husband to her that he so desperately wanted to be. But he knows that with his family at her side, she will have the strength to get through all this and see the tomorrow Rodrik fought for.

Now, it falls to Asher to take up Rodrik's mantle and I know that, after today, should the choice between justice and old love - Gryff's head or Gwyn's hand - arise, Asher will run that fourth-born craven through without hesitation.

Iron from ice.

• I left rodrik becuase i felt a bigger bond with asher but i feel like making a different save for rodrik becuase i feel sorry for eleanna (dont know if spelt right) losing her bro and her fiance.

• you know they had their men pinned, GO HELP THEM! they could've both lived but NOPE they decided to open the gate and not help kill the ones attacking their men

Rodrik and Asher will decide to hold off the Whitehills together.They shout "iron from ice" and die a few seconds later.(valar morgulis,game over)

• Also if you left the traitor alive they will feel like a piece of shit for letting Asher die because they didn't help you save him. And why didn't they just all go to the boat and travel somewhere further away from that port if the traitor was alive?

berserk07 posted: »

I left Asher because Rodrick is the lord so...i don't really have a choice i like them both.....But whithehill gonna pay for that i will kill every single one of them.

• If the traitor is left alive with a dead Asher he will feel like a piece of shit AND he can still spy and get a message to Gwyn.

AronDracula posted: »

I chose Rodrik to stay alive cause he is the lord of House Forrester, he is about to marry Elaena as I promised her I will. I really didn't

• Rodrik can easily turn Asher

ousen posted: »

I could not leave Rodrik he is my favorite character and while Asher had the respect of the pit fighters Rodrik is a man people want to foll

• I killed the traitor

Valebread posted: »

If the traitor is left alive with a dead Asher he will feel like a piece of shit AND he can still spy and get a message to Gwyn.

• edited July 2015

Just finished it, holy crap I'm still shaking.

Rodrik was my favorite character, yet I left him behind for the sole reason that it seemed the PERFECT end for his story. I mostly went with the wuss decisions, like staying down and sparing the traitor, so the people around me were pretty disappointed of my lordship. I saw it as an ultimate sacrifice from the broken man who can't do anything more. Asher can go on to lead the house and Rodrick meets his end at Gryff's hands after putting up a fight and saying goodbye to his sentinel.

• Asher. Rodrik had done what he could but now it is time to fight and that was not his strong point anymore and Asher is already the leader of the army now I won't have to woo them over again.

• Alt text

Krmpr1 posted: »

He meant the close family members. "if we ->!ever!<- get a choice to..."= something we didn't have the chance to do YET. Get some common sense and try again. You're not as clever as you think you are, Cersei.

• Wierd, I did nothing and Roders chose to stay behind o.o

Rodrik and Asher will decide to hold off the Whitehills together.They shout "iron from ice" and die a few seconds later.(valar morgulis,game over)

• I left Asher. Mainly because Rodrik is my favorite character, but also because you have to wonder, what is Gwyn gonna do when she hears that Asher was killed? Especially since Gryff was mainly responsible for it as well :P

• edited July 2015

I was dumb and didn't even realize it was coming until I literally had the left right arrows on my screen. I thought we'd figure out a way to escape. I was already really sad that The Beast died, then I got an avalanche of onions to the face when I realized I had to kill one of them.

Rodrik was my bro, I actually don't even like Asher that much, the only reason I tolerate his bits is because Beshka is a bawss. But I left Rodrik behind. He's healing, but he will never be the fighter he used to be, so it felt dumb to leave the able-bodied brother to die. And if Rodrik had to go through a similar trial by fire with the pit fighters, there's no chance he'd win, so they'd go wild and no one would be safe. Maybe Beshka will go crazy and beat them all into submission and have them serve Rodrik if Asher dies, but I wasn't risking it.

I also felt like the Forresters were so honorable they were kind of soft, like the Starks. I feel like all the main thing I've learned from the game and the show is that the North is Merciless. Are the Boltons animals, or are they a natural product of the environment? I'm starting to lean towards the latter, I think the North has all these rules about honor to keep people's ferociousness in check, not because it's the "right thing to do". And Houses like the Starks and Forresters have lost that edge. I think a wild child like Asher may be exactly what's needed to inject some life back into Ironwrath. Like how Rickon is half crazy, but is probably the only Stark son who will survive, precisely because he's mostly feral. I don't think Rodrik had it in him.

And maybe Elena will get pushed into a quickie marriage to hide an incoming bastard Forrester son, who may survive to wreck vengeance in our name, if nothing else.

• Rodrik was the first born, Asher is the second born

AKz Effect posted: »

I left Rodrik behind, though the decision reeeally stressed me out. On one hand you have Asher; the one we've worked so hard to bring back.

• That is exactly what happened to me

Asher lives in my playthrough. I accidentally got spoiled on the choice before playing, and I had it in my mind I'd choose Rodrick, but in the end I actually ended up with Asher for a number of reasons.

• First of all I'm a "she" and English is not my native language so sorry if my comment lead to confusion. xD And yes I do mean the close family members like Krmpr1 said.

• edited July 2015

you guys know that you can have 2 saves and could play both sides of the story right.. ?

anyway , telltale i wasn't expecting this . it really was a hard choice . u bring rodrick from dead , get him through all that and then kill him again ? or all the hard work to get asher back to westeros and kill him ? this was not an option for at least this season , i was hoping to see them together at least 2 or 3 episodes.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.