Who survived your last choice?

It was by far the hardest decision in my whole history as a Telltale games player! Nothing in TWD, TWAU, TFTB or from previous episodes of GoT even compared to this one! All the other choices from this episode were easy! Don't try to stab Ramsay, kill Bloodsong, don't tell Tyrion, and kill Royland, but this was horrible!
At first I thought of leaving Asher to die, because I like Rodrik better, I like Elaena over Gwyn and Rodrik is a more experienced lord, but then I thought how would they react, because I don't try to get the outcome I desire, but I make the choices that make sense, no matter what. Rodrik might not have been able to command the pit fighters, or get along with Beskha. Plus, Rodrik is crippled, and Asher is a fantastic fighter.
I don't doubt that either would have been willing to sacrifice himself for the other one. There are arguments for both variants and there are counter arguments for both variants... And the worst of all is that we were emotionally attached to both. I dunno... I left Rodrik to die... What were your arguments and what did you choose?

Comments

• I left Rodrick. I couldn't leave Asher, he's my fav in the game. i_i RIP Rodrick

• I left Asher because Rodrik is my favorite

I left Rodrick. I couldn't leave Asher, he's my fav in the game. i_i RIP Rodrick

• It makes sense whichever you chose, I can see reasoning behind them both.... You can either go the "Asher the exiled son returns and saves the house" route or the "Rodrik will finally win the war on the whitehill and avenge his family" route

• I left Asher behind...It was hard but in my playthrough he would do this one, last thing for his family and for his house. Also if we ever get a choice to kill Gryff and other Whitehills, I want Rodrik to be the one who does it.

• I left my brother... In the next episode I swear I will kill Gryff and all Whitehills!

• In my playthrough Blonde Beard survives. I liked Rodrik too but I had to make a choice.

• I haven't looked at any of the replies or what you said in your comment because I haven't been able to play it yet, but I just wanted to say thanks for the semi-spoilery title. (-:

• edited July 2015

I left Rodrik, because I love Asher. He's my favourite character. <3

• edited July 2015

Rodrik is the fucking man, and he was my fav character. But Asher made more sense to be the new Lord of Ironrath, in the long run.

• I left Rodrik behind.

I mean, Asher goes through all that crap for his family's sake, despite being exiled by them, just to die when he finally gets back? No way.

Besides, Rodrik already cheated death once and didn't really have anyone left to back him. At least Asher got the pit fighter's respect.

• edited July 2015

r.i.p. rodrick

• I left Rodrik. I like Rodrik, he is one of my favorite characters, but as I was making the choice I thought that if I leave Asher to die now his story has been a huge waste, whereas Rodrik has already had a great story and, as sad as it is, it can end here. Oh, and I do like Asher very much and have always wished he had more screentime - so now he'll probably have plenty of it in the last episode.

• i left rodrik because asher is a better fighter and he has the back of the pit fighters woth asher it ensure beshka and the pit fighters continue and with rodriks death i think the glenmores might be inspired to help however looking back asher does have an injured leg now so he might not be as good of a fighter as he was but asher is volitile enough that i think he will survive and bring the forresters to victory

• I left Rodrick. The decision damn near broke me though. Poor Elaena.

• I left Rodrik because we went their to help and bring Asher home so wasn't about to let Asher die. Plus as much as I love Rodrik too, he spent weeks fooling around in bed whilst Talia finally found who the traitor was. It was still a tough choice but Asher had to live for the long run.

Long time lurker, first time post. Hi everyone :p

• Alt text

I left Rodrik because we went their to help and bring Asher home so wasn't about to let Asher die. Plus as much as I love Rodrik too, he spe

• there* sorry for double post, couldn't find edit button on mobile.

• edited July 2015

Team Asher!

This is quickly gonna become GoT's version of the Rhysha/Rhiona debate.

• Yea'. No way i'm Letting that Asher grin go away ):<

• I left Rodrik behind because I need a respected man to lead the pit fighters and of course who can kill off "That fucking Asher grin" jk but in all seriousness it was one of the hardest choices I ever made in a telltale game.

• I left Asher behind, it's just something he would do but now the pit fighters are gonna be bad

• edited July 2015

Alt text

• edited July 2015

[removed]

• edited July 2015

I saved Asher because I just won't f**king have a character just crossed the Narrow Sea (after 4 episodes of Essos stuff) die instantly after hitting land. Just no... No.

(Ps.: I know what you're thinking George but don't you dare...)

• [removed]

I left Asher behind...It was hard but in my playthrough he would do this one, last thing for his family and for his house. Also if we ever get a choice to kill Gryff and other Whitehills, I want Rodrik to be the one who does it.

• edited July 2015

Imagine Dany going through all that effort to finally get to Westeros only to die on the port minutes after she arrives. Hahaha.

Krmpr1 posted: »

I saved Asher because I just won't f**king have a character just crossed the Narrow Sea (after 4 episodes of Essos stuff) die instantly after hitting land. Just no... No. (Ps.: I know what you're thinking George but don't you dare...)

• I chose Asher because the pit fighters only listen to him and i dont think that they will be happy to serve Rodrik,also Gwyn Whitehill loves Asher,so maybe she will join or help house Forrester,plus I find him a better warrior than Rodrik.

• I love Beskha and Asher's Bromance too much, so had to leave Rodrik :(

• i left NOBODY behind :D yeah, well, I left Rodrik and cried my eyes out after that, so I created a second save file with Asher. And yeah, again, I cried.

• edited July 2015

True, now that Rodrik's dead and Asher's around, maybe Gwyn will finally see her father for what he is.

No more "my father wants peace" or "Gryff is harmless" bs.

I chose Asher because the pit fighters only listen to him and i dont think that they will be happy to serve Rodrik,also Gwyn Whitehill loves Asher,so maybe she will join or help house Forrester,plus I find him a better warrior than Rodrik.

• I left Rodrik because I thought it would be in his nature, but no doubt both brothers would die for each other. I thought that maybe the story could go like Asher is going to avenge his family and kill the Whitehills for his dead family members. Just thought the exiled son saving the day would be a twist,

• Can you let the timer run out? If so, what happens?

• Exaclty.

Rodrik is the fucking man, and he was my fav character. But Asher made more sense to be the new Lord of Ironrath, in the long run.

• I swear, I'm bi, but I'll go full gay for Asher

• It was my main dilemma! But I think I did the best for the house

Crips posted: »

I left Asher behind, it's just something he would do but now the pit fighters are gonna be bad

• I left Asher because Rodrick is the lord so...i don't really have a choice i like them both.....But whithehill gonna pay for that i will kill every single one of them.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.