Who survived your last choice?

Comments

• I made the exact same choices as you and left Rodrick for the same reasons. I like both but in the end I felt it made more sense for Rodrick to stay(???). Although I think I'll let Asher stay for my second playthrough.

• edited July 2015

Argument not "arguements", lol.

" like trying to explain something to a stubborn 5 years old" You're the dumbass contradicting what op, said lol.

"out of place facepalm " not out of place, unfortunately.

"private massages" no comment

"i make arguements with people who has at least a bit of brain on them" ON them? Like serial killers?
    Kid you're so stupid I don't even have words to describe it anymore.

• I think it's better in video format:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsdGyAxIMhc

Asher's goal was to get an army to Westeros. And while he only brought like 5 pit fighters, he still technically fulfilled his purpose. Him dying seemed appropriate, he accomplished what he set out to do. Rodrik is smarter, stronger, better connected, and has more to lose than Asher. Elaena, Elissa and Talia would be devastated if they lost Rodrik. Talia hasn't seen Asher in years so I imagine she wouldn't be that bothered by his death.

More importantly, I don't think Asher would make a good Lord. Rodrik, as the first-born, has spent his entire life learning the nuances and intricacies of being a Lord. Whereas Asher... Well...

"Asher had always been a rebellious youth – brawling in taverns, sleeping with whores, and finding ways to raise his father’s ire." - Asher's codex entry.

Maybe Gwyn might help sabotage her family when she hears that Whitehill soldiers killed him. Finally, the direct conflict with the Whitehills has hinged on Rodrik for four episodes. It just wouldn't seem right to allow Asher to finish the fight he had no direct part in.

• Asher lives until next episode!

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited July 2015

youre trying way too hard, you searching for every possible way to nitpick my comment. and all of my points still stands, english is not my languige at all i never use it outside of watching movies and watching movies is actually where i learnt it. and how come you nitpick my comment so hard but missed the question of how old are you?

Krmpr1 posted: »

Argument not "arguements", lol. " like trying to explain something to a stubborn 5 years old" You're the dumbass contradicting what op, s

• Asher survived with me. As much as i wanted to save Rodrik, i... couldn't.

Asher came from so far, it's not fair for him to just die like this. And he also has respect and the money to pay the pit fighters.

Still...

Everytime i hear the menu theme, i wanna cry. Iron from ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQd8HTcgUbM

• edited July 2015

House Forrester have better chances to survive if Asher is lord

Rodrick was weak & stypid just Like Ethan

Asher will lead House Forrester to victory agains House Whitehill

And marry Gwynn in end

And Beshka as his Sentinel

ClemenLee posted: »

Leaving a Lord to die is a shame, after all Asher is just another foot soldier. It's his duty to do anything to protect his Lord. Rodrick is the person i chose to spare, it makes sense.

• edited July 2015

Lol, I'm 19 (like it's any of your business), how old are you, my weak-minded friend?
    You know what YOU missed? That both I and the original poster, LoyalDirewolf completely wrecked your pathetic little "points" None of them stand, lol. "And yes I do mean the close family members like Krmpr1 said." Does this quote ring a bell?
    "movies is actually where i learnt it" Nobody cares. If you don't know the language don't nitpick about what other people say. You simply can't comprehend what others write because your English is terrible. You think I should feel bad because you are uneducated... like seriously?
    You don't speak the language, plus you've been proven wrong in every way possible, regarding your "logic" by the very person you reffered to earlier,

the original poster STATED that you're WRONG, I can't express it any clearer than that,
    yet you still cry here. Pathetic.

clap-tp posted: »

youre trying way too hard, you searching for every possible way to nitpick my comment. and all of my points still stands, english is not my

• haha I love how all the choices you found easy I choose the opposite haha but I just finished the episode and choose my favourite character Asher to stay behind. I just felt like it was more of his character but man I just cried my eyes out, it was so heartbreaking and well my heart actually feels broken...

• clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited July 2015

[removed]

Lol, I'm 19 (like it's any of your business), how old are you, my weak-minded friend? You know what YOU missed? That both I and the origin

• Hell yeah! Someone else who chose Rodrik! Iron from Ice my brother!

AronDracula posted: »

I chose Rodrik to stay alive cause he is the lord of House Forrester, he is about to marry Elaena as I promised her I will. I really didn't

• I...I left... Rodrik...I kinda blanked there at that moment. Usually my sense of reasoning and logic comes in but...

I need a hug.

gwendog posted: »

haha I love how all the choices you found easy I choose the opposite haha but I just finished the episode and choose my favourite character

• edited July 2015

"LoyalDirewolf didnt even had part in this "arguement""
    You're still a liar and it's still an argument not an "arguement".
    Your initial argument was based on what she meant by what she wrote:
    "he ment gryff his father AND his soldiers, you could had enough common sense and quote the part about killing gryff."
    This was dumb in every way possible, shattered by both me and her. As she earlier replied: "And yes I do mean the close family members like Krmpr1 said."

You're 22 and can't speak proper English or any other foreign languages... (honestly if your English is this awful I can't imagine you learning anything else.) Facepalms

"10 years older then you mentaly" Not unless cerebrovascular atherosclerosis starts at age 29 in your neighborhood.

Do you actually believe all the nonsense you write? You're a frustrated, uneducated manchild crying over your petty business. Even after the people you refer to in your arguments debunk your horrible statements, you still continue and rather lie than admit you were terribly wrong... Grow up.... or not, you can stay in your dream world with all your imaginary friends but do it elsewhere.
    (P.s.: What depth of human wasteland have you reached to like your own comments with fake profiles? Get a life kid.)

• for the first time I will actually have two Saves, a Rodrik and Asher one because I just can't!! I feel like Asher would stay behind but I love him and need to see him survive in the second Save!!! but I need to process before replaying the episode :/

I...I left... Rodrik...I kinda blanked there at that moment. Usually my sense of reasoning and logic comes in but... I need a hug.

• I saved Rodrik but it was by mistake I clicked on Asher thinking that pressing On Asher would save him I didnt read it because I was so nervous. But For now I will go with this story and when I complete the whole season one I will play it over and save Asher because hes my personal favorite but after thinking about it The one who needs revenge is Rodrik after all that shit that happen.

• [removed]

"LoyalDirewolf didnt even had part in this "arguement"" You're still a liar and it's still an argument not an "arguement". Your initial ar

• You can copy your save file over and rewind from the chapter on a new save slot. It's very easy to do. There should be a button 'copy' on your save files screen. I've just done both options haha.

I saved Rodrik but it was by mistake I clicked on Asher thinking that pressing On Asher would save him I didnt read it because I was so nerv

• I did the same thing! Copied it over and chose the other brother haha.

for the first time I will actually have two Saves, a Rodrik and Asher one because I just can't!! I feel like Asher would stay behind but I love him and need to see him survive in the second Save!!! but I need to process before replaying the episode

• edited July 2015

LoyalDirewolf: "Also if we ever get a choice to kill Gryff and other Whitehills, I want Rodrik to be the one who does it."

clap-tp: "he ment gryff his father AND his soldiers, you could had enough common sense and quote the part about killing gryff."

LoyalDirewolf: "And yes I do mean the close family members like Krmpr1 said."

Completely destroyed.

Little man-child still trying to avoid admitting the truth, so delusional...
    The laugh in utter frustration was a nice touch, thanks for the entertainment value.

Now please make another immature offensive, offtopic 0 content comment just for the sake of replying. I know you can do it doggie, come on... clever boy.

• [removed]

LoyalDirewolf: "Also if we ever get a choice to kill Gryff and other Whitehills, I want Rodrik to be the one who does it." clap-tp: "he m

• edited July 2015

Little man-child still can't quote a thing to prove his point. I'm glad self liking is still a thing. Well no ,it's actually quite pathetic. Remember the facepalm image you aped earlier? So much for repeating stuff...+ frustration laugh number 2

Also, thank you for obeying my orders, doggie.

Well, you give up after all, my uneducated friend. GG :)

• I saved Asher for several reasons:

• Finally returning to Westeros and dying within minutes is cheap and feels rushed
    • I think it makes a better story for the exiled Forrester to end up being the one who saves the House and rules as its Lord
    • The pit fighters won't listen to Rodrik
    • It feels like a fitting end for Rodrik to go out saving his younger brother and letting him finish the Whitehills
    • Asher is more aggressive than Rodrik, and will be filled with anger and vengeance at the Whitehills. Plus, I think he is a better fighter than Rodrik
  • same here

Wierd, I did nothing and Roders chose to stay behind o.o

• Asher. But man, this was literally my reaction when Rodrik died.

Alt text

• Has anyone got the clip where you don't choose Rodrik or Asher, which results in a game over?

I've been looking for it for a while.

• edited July 2015

It broke my heart so hard when I chose to save Asher. I spent so much time going "omgomgomgnononoOMGNO!" even before the choice popped up that I almost let the screen go full red. Rodrik was my favorite, but after all the trouble Asher went through to even get back there (to a place he was EXILED), it just didn't seem right to have him die less than five minutes after setting foot back home. Rodrik I'm sure would've healed in time, but there was simply not enough of it for healing to happen, and he'd never be the same anyways. Not to mention Rodrik's timing with Eleana and their love story was too parallel with Robb and Talisa Stark for my comfort, and just like I feared, as soon as they showed the two happy and in love, BOOM.....tragedy.

Anyone else notice though when you do the final 'battle' against the Whitehill soldiers, the targeting circle that's normally red was orange? As soon as I saw that I thought "The game's practically telling us that you can fight, but you won't win..." and I proceeded to act like Boo up there ^ lol.

Random other thought: I had Duncan as the traitor, and I chose to spare his life....I wonder what Gared would've thought if he eventually came back home (North Grove found or not), only to find the SOLE family he had left betrayed his house and ended up being slaughtered before he could even have a word with his Uncle? I thought about that as it had me choose between killing or sparing him, since I distinctly remember a heartbroken Gared telling Duncan "You're the only family I have left...". I wonder if anything will come of that?

sabinas posted: »

Asher. But man, this was literally my reaction when Rodrik died.

• edited July 2015

Yeah, when I realized I had to choose between them I was going "NO!" so many times. I love Asher like 1% more than Rodrik so they were pretty much tied in terms of my favorite character. I didn't notice that last part, but I was so emotional at that point that I barley had the energy to press buttons and fight, haha.

StephyDee posted: »

It broke my heart so hard when I chose to save Asher. I spent so much time going "omgomgomgnononoOMGNO!" even before the choice popped up th

• Left Rodrik behind.

My opinion:

Rodrik like Ethan, like father in the game are implied as good ruling Lords who follow a strong moral compass, sense of justice and "chivalry rules" making them the ideal leaders in "normal times". But this makes them predictable and shows weakness to exploit.. plus adding in well planted spies and taking out most of their army and family members early on makes the whitehills overly powerful and see almost every move coming... We hate those whitehalls but they shown they are clever boys.

Where as Asher is the loose cannon, exiled and most likely even more wild after all those years as a sell sword. He got an army that only following him as he showed them he alpha dog in the pit and can lead them on some good hunts!

For me the Foresters are out gunned and on the brink of total annihilation, they can only win the day with extreme good luck and cunning with Rodrik carrying on the "white knight saves the day routine" and ashers army would realistically grab the gold and leave with Alpha dog dead. For me the more realistic option of a wild card Asher with outsider crazy pit fighting machines will totally roll over enemy as they can not predict ashers army tactics or asher himself who has no "chivalry rules" other than "win".

Although After the war is won, Asher is totally not ideal to rule lol, Best he let Duncan and his sister and younger brother take over and go fight elsewhere!

• I'm glad there's more than one save file!!

• edited July 2015

I just don't care, I may as well have flipped a coin. If the writers are gonna force me to watch as everyone sniffs paint and walks into the most obvious trap that I've ever seen then they should have done me the favor to just kill one at random, or the both of them. I've completely checked out at this point.

• I left Asher behind. God that was a hard decision.

• I left Rodrik behind because Asher needs to live to command the sellswords. I believe Asher can become the new lord and finish this fight with the new additions to the Forrester army. I liked how the Rodrik vs Gryff thing ended, no matter how much Gryff tried to break Rodrik's spirit he went down fighting.

• edited July 2015

Oh I know what you mean lol....I think I missed one of the buttons because my hands were still up to my face in shock. For a moment I saw the selection to attack Gryff, but as soon as I pressed it and Rodrik started charging towards him, they surrounded him and did that bloody stabbing ritual. T-T

sabinas posted: »

Yeah, when I realized I had to choose between them I was going "NO!" so many times. I love Asher like 1% more than Rodrik so they were prett

• This has been Roderick's story for me, so I kept him alive. I wont lie though it was a tough decision. Asher and Roderick were my favorite characters, but Roderick's story has just been a little bit more interesting to me. I am going to torture every Whitehill I can next episode.

• Rodrik survived for me, but having seen the responses and the logic behind them here, if I had it to do over again, I think I'd have left Rodrik behind.

However, I must persevere with the choice I've made...

• Oops, didn't mean to say secondborn in the first paragraph :l

Adrian14 posted: »

Rodrik was the first born, Asher is the second born

• Asher, but I do feel like I made the wrong choice, I just picked Asher because he is my favorite character.

• Rodrik was my favorite character, but I had to leave him behind to save Asher. It just felt like the right choice. The captain must go down with the ship as they say.

• edited July 2015

I originally left Asher behind also. I was trying so hard to hold my tears in, but when Beshka gave me that heartbreaking look and was like "You're leaving me? I came all this way for you!" and he told her she'd always be his sister, I fucking lost it. I was sure I'd drown in my own tears.

haha I love how all the choices you found easy I choose the opposite haha but I just finished the episode and choose my favourite character

• I had to save Rodrik. (R.I.P. Asher grin ;-;)) He had finally recovered and threw his cane into the fire. I couldn't let him just die all over again. Nervous to see how the pit fighters treat Rodrik. Also, I hope the next episode is different depending on who dies/who you save.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.