Who survived your last choice?

1234568»

Comments

• I did both paths as well but on my first run let Rodrik live I grew too attached to him and it feels like he's been getting healthier and healthier every episode I didn't want to see home recover to full strength then get killed.

Quorthon posted: »

It's tough for me and I'm certainly going to try both paths, but I'll be having Rodrik survive first. Thematically, I think it makes more se

• I left Asher in my first playthrough, but I did not do so lightly. It was by far the hardest decision I made in that game. I just couldn't leave Rodrik behind after he just got it in with Elaena and all the revenge on the whitehills that I feel is rightfully his. I've been playing Rodrik as the bide my time kind of person (kind of like how the prince of Dorne has been doing things) so I've kissed Ludds ring, I submitted to Gryff, I had Rodrick do all of that, so I must have Rodrick complete the revenge. My second playthrough that I am currently doing I will leave Rodrik behind.

• I left Asher and saved Rodrik as I thought it's how it had to go down, it was not an easy choice, leaving Asher to die as he had just came back from Essos, it felt unfair but right. Rodrik was the first born son and had learned how to be a lord and to rule, with Rodrik's survival, House Forrester could still prevail with the help of House Glenmore. Rodrik was betrayed at the Twins and had seen the suffering of his people and in my opinion it would be fitting that he delivers the justice the Whitehills deserve. Saving Asher was obviously also an understanding option, but yeah this is my explanation for my choice.

• edited July 2015

I went back today and saved Asher. And then I cried a little. I will never forgive TellTale for making me choose between Asher and Rodrik.
    I now have one save with each and I'm never touching this episode again.

• I mainly chose to leave Rodrik behind because it makes sense for his character. He is just that honorable guy that would die for anyone in his family without a blink. While it makes sense for Asher too in that monent I simply couldn't imagine someone like Rodrik would accept it that somebody of his own would die for him when he is the lord and as that should shield the others.

• Slightly off topic, I'm thinking of replaying all the episodes but I have a question. So seeing as we know how episode 5 ends does it mean that there's essentially no point in not maiming and blinding Gryff? Because in my play through I didn't hit him once and showed him mercy, but that didn't help me at all. I think I'm gonna blind him because if there's no side effects why not hurt him to the extreme

• Boy, it all happened so fast. I felt the more logical thing would be for Asher to make the sacrifice, it's more in his character than in Rodrik's. At the same time, it was also the moment where Rodrik could rise to the occation: He was the head of the family but had been humiliated and beaten to the ground for all to see, and so many bad things had happened under his rule. Now he could stand tall and be the hero in the end. I felt especially bad for Elena, but ended off having Rodrik make the call to take the sacrifce. It was Asher's time to redeem himself and take leadership of the house (and lead the "army"). But man was that the worst choice ever to be made in a Telltale story! I don't feel good about it at all, and that's where Telltale excels!

• I left Asher... I'm sorry, but I couldn't do it! I couldn't leave Rodrick! I never really liked Asher until the last episode anyway, and Rodrick's storyline always intrigued me. Beshka's words broke my heart, but I knew what I had to do. Oh, how I wish I could've saved both of them! But don't worry, I intend to make Gryff (and eventually Ramsay) die a slow, painful death. I just swore at my TV for the past hour, so thanks for the anxiety Telltale!

• I left Rodrik and while it was the hardest decision Telltale has ever given me (since I really enjoyed both of their stories), it didn't take me long to decide it. I also didn't actually think he'd die; just be captured.

From an in-universe point of view, Rodrik was the older brother and the lord of the house; no way was he going to let his brother die for him in a situation of his making.

• If you wait too long to make your decision they both stay and die. Yay ever body is happy.

quincrow97 posted: »

I left Asher... I'm sorry, but I couldn't do it! I couldn't leave Rodrick! I never really liked Asher until the last episode anyway, and Rod

• edited July 2015

My opinion for choosing either Rodrick or Asher

let RODRICK live : it is the most satisfied choice if u want to get revenge; kill Gryff and Ludd. Save Ryon, get married with Eleana and change the title given by his enemy "Rodrick the RUINED" to something better. He is a dependable, brave and tough lord although his body is not in good condition.

let ASHER live : it is the most relevant and logical choice after what he had done by recruiting fighters and wait help from Malcom, Daenerys and DRAGON. Beshka and the fighters will also follow him as a leader. It is time for him to take the lord role and take revenge for his father, Rodrick and Ethan. He has interesting character; funny, charming, self-confidence and a good fighter.

• I sadly left Rodrik (shit!)

My reasons is:

Rodrik Positive Points:

1. Rodrik is the best fighter of the Forrester family (the Maester told to Gared Tully if you ask about the family painting).
    2. Rodrik is a natural diplomatic and warrior, trained to be the lord.
    3. When Rodrik father go to war, Rodrik go together by option. His became famous in Lannister army to be a great warrior and leader.
    4. Rodrik fucking survive RED WEEDING.
    5. He know how to fight a war.
    6. Rodrik is a honored man and representing all the ideals of a Forrester, Iron From Ice!
    7. He has the support of Glenmore and Eleana (and i believe they come to the aid of Forrester family to avenge Arthur...).
    8. Like Ramsay say, he is the unbreakable man.

Rodrik Negative Points:

1. He has not recovered from all his injuries (and perhaps never again be as skilled fighting, which makes Asher a better fighter).
    2. After so much time playing with Rodrik, I can see it perfectly deciding to die by his family, saving his brother who leads an army that can save them.

Asher Positive Points:

1. He is a greater fighter, probabily the second best fighter of the family.
    2. He has the support of gladiators pit and like Lord will have the support of the Forrester family strengths.
    3. See his brother die like a hero, will make him madure.
    4. I really can see going killing every Whinterhill in front of him.
    5. I do not think it would be to die right now, I can not see the character doing it. Despite being impulsive, I think to see his brother's what he needs to really mature and understand his position as member of the Forrester family.
    6. He can influence Gwyn to get information in the war.
    7. He will not stop until every Whitehills is dead.

Asher Negative Points:

1. He is impulsive.
    2. He is not have experience in wars, although a great fighter.
    3. He does not seem to be a good strategist.
    4. He is immature.

After all, i let Rodrik die because i believe that is a honorable way to die saving his family and brother. And i really believe that is a thing that Rodrik will do without thinking. Rodrik is my fav character, and because of that i need to honor his actions. Letting is brother die like that, is not a action that Rodrik will do (in my option).

And now, my Asher will honor Rodrik sacrifice... WITH BLOOD AND DEATH!

• As much as I hate telltale for this heart-wrenching choice, hats off to them because I've never been quite this invested in a character.

I'll start off by saying that I love Rodrik with a burning passion that I could only describe with a homo-esque depiction of us in a tight embrace with him holding something other than his cane if you catch my drift. But I'll spare you the details(and on that note I can smell the AU fanfics for RodSher[Asdrick?] a mile away. Shame.)

I think it was how I played Rodrik. Honrable and tough as always with a newfound diplomatic way of dealing with things along with his injuries. I never struck Gryff except for the hall before his arrest, yet I would always stand stall and not yield to my injuries. Rodrik is an amazing character. That being said my first instinct is to ensure his safety. He has a house to protect, and a lady to wed. From a point of view standpoint, he needs to live. And from what I saw people had the same dilemma I did. 

But then I gave it second thought. I really did like ashur. He was as witty as he was hot-heated. Also, everything points to him living as a canon choice. Especially from a character standpoint. Having the fourth lord of the house was interesting, establishing that all the brothers will lead the house to greatness(perhaps ryon will have to lead after?). And this pits the fourth borns against each other. It also makes sense that the older brother sacrifices himself for his little brother, and the lord saves his house, like rodrick said. Plus Rodrick said "one of us has to stay behind" with such a sorrow tone I knew he was willing to do it. 
    Both outcomes lead to the "pissed off brother looking for revenge" perk so either work, and I wasn't worried about the slaves not obeying rodrick.

So end of the day, rodrik bites it, and it's bitter. But he goes out in such an epic moment. All the rage he held in in my play through and how tempered he had to be rolled off his shoulders as he passed the torch to his brother. And it was an epic moment. So giving that moment to rodrick was my final gift.

But I think the whole point of Rodrik's epic moments(standing up to Gryff over and over/throwing his cane into the fire) was to make you like him a tad more, and acknowledge his wisdom and maturity and make you like him a little more, so that choice is even more difficult. Watching his older brother sacrifice himself will mold Ashur into a great leader, like Rodrik's injuries did him.

Iron from Ice

• edited September 2015

I left Asher behind.

This was by FAR the hardest choice of the entire game. I got seriously emotionally invested in both of these characters but what it came down to in the end, is who this story is about.
    The story is about the survival of the Forrester House. Rodrik already survived one near death experience and came back to save the house from it's utter destruction. To me, his story was the main one and the rest revolved around his. As much as I absolutely loved Asher, I felt like by the time he had arrived in Westeros with the soldiers, his part in the war against the Whitehills was practically done. Ryon was expecting to see Rodrik again, as were Elaena and Talia. Asher is a hardened battle veteran who was prepared to die for the cause. Sad as it may be, he just wasn't fit to rule the house.
    On the flip side though, watching the alternate ending, Rodrik's death did feel very fitting to the character. But I just couldn't leave that little fuck Gryff to look down on his corpse like that, like he'd finally won. I NEED to see Rodrik defeat him, once and for all.

• I just rethought about that scene.

Well I love telltale, eben when they kill off characters because of The dramatics. That scene was dramatic as hell, i was shocked (which means it was awesome)

But wth? I don't know who looks more laughable. Rodrik + men arriving, not a darn given about, maybe, an ambush? Was it the complete Forrester Strength that went to that place?

Asher arriving with his slave "army", which, in that scene looked like consisting of barely 10 men.

I don't know if it's a design choice or I had different expectations. Well I felt ultrastrong when I assembled the pitfighters, but in that Scene? Man. Just SO FEW.

Don't misunderstand me.. I loved that scene, but, well... If they wanted to make us feel that all hope is lost, they surely achieved it :D

• Slightly off topic but can I ask if anyone else has come across this - I saved Asher so Rodrik stayed behind to face Griff and co at the end of Episode 5. Now on main menu - Asher has disappeared leaving just Rodrik, Mira and Garrett - should Rodrik not have disappeared leaving Asher? I'm worried something's gone wrong! I can't log in to view my choices cos it has never worked for me on Xbox 360 - I'm confused!! Has this happened to anybody else?

• I think another reason I left Rodrik to live was because he reminded me so much of Robb Stark... He was my all time favourite in ASOIAF and the show, even if he made stupid decisions

• Are people really still talking about this? Christ, this really is turning into another walking dead section

• The game punishes you!

I felt like the game was punishing me having me choose between them. It was like Carly for TWD all over again. I thought of Rodrick's story of how he came out of death once, how it would be a waste to see him die now. It was a tough decision but I killed Rodrick to die as a hero cleaning up his own mess. Hated killing him, I regret it because he was an honorable character. I chose Asher to live so that he could experience ruling House Forrester.

• edited November 2015

Asher, Talia and Gwyn.

Asher and Gwyn are the only ones that can bring true Peace.

• I finished episode 5 a minute ago.i am fucking MAD guys please calm me down. i just can't handle myself. i choose to save asher and i love rodrik very much but when i left him i thought that he would get a nobel death in a honorable way but whitehills treated him like shit. 2 men grabbed his hands and stabed him over and over into his stomach and one of them blinded rodrick and FUCKING Spit at him just like what i did to GRYF and at that moment i felt such hate, hate that i havn't felt before in any telltale game and i asked myself that :whitehills,how could you?just how could you act like that to my rodrik my hero,my warrior,my honorable man,doesn't mean that i left rodrik and you could do anything to him and this hate will never go away until i kill that fat fuck and fucking GRYF.god helps whitehills cause the way i am gonna kill them is very worse then they think specially GRYF AND LUDD AND I RESPECT RODRIK'S PICKERS,love them both. i am gonna butcher every single whithill man. lol so much hate i guess .IRON FROM ICE BROTHER'S.

• edited November 2015

I just end 5th episode few minutes ago and i had BIG BIG BIG problem with my choice. I love both brothers (nohomo). In my opinion, Rodrik in overal would be much better Lord, but In these tough times Asher and his impulsive character is much more worth to family then Rodrik. In otherwise Rodrik had allaiance with Glenmores family. It would help our war. I had no idea who and why I should choose.I identified with both characters but I looked deep into my heart and I thought what I would do being in this situation with my sister. As I am older brother at all costs I wanted to defend my sister. My choice was sacrefise Rodrik for his younger brother.

• If you saved Asher then yes, Rodrik should be the one to disappear from the main menu. You should check the choices and see if it counts you as saving Asher, and if not maybe replay just that final scene.

• I had a lot of trouble deciding who to save as well. I saved Asher in the end, I don't think you'll have any regrets.

I just end 5th episode few minutes ago and i had BIG BIG BIG problem with my choice. I love both brothers (nohomo). In my opinion, Rodrik in

• When I was picking between Rodrik and asher I listened both dialogue when i switch the side,Asher's dialogue really influenced me when beskha was speaking and I just felt bad for beshka because I was gonna pick the fair and good choice for house but damnnnn beskha you broke me.I love them both.IRON FROM ICE BROTHERS

• Pick Asher overall because there are glimmers of hope in the final episode and he can interject plenty of his trademark humor. Pick Rodrik and the tone is more somber and everyone is like 'well we're screwed' and i didn't enjoy that.

KIANPSYCHO posted: »

When I was picking between Rodrik and asher I listened both dialogue when i switch the side,Asher's dialogue really influenced me when beskh

• agree bro

vhiran posted: »

Pick Asher overall because there are glimmers of hope in the final episode and he can interject plenty of his trademark humor. Pick Rodrik and the tone is more somber and everyone is like 'well we're screwed' and i didn't enjoy that.

• the voice beskha said:don't you dare leave me asher and i was like omg it isn't about asher, i am playing with beskha's life too,what would she do without me?

vhiran posted: »

Pick Asher overall because there are glimmers of hope in the final episode and he can interject plenty of his trademark humor. Pick Rodrik and the tone is more somber and everyone is like 'well we're screwed' and i didn't enjoy that.

• Guys both of the choices are correct,both characters are strong and fearless,there is no reason to explain that who we should choose,as lee says:at the end you choose whoever you care about more,sometimes there isn't a right answer,i chose asher because me and my friend are just like asher and beskha in the other words impulsive,all that matters is who you care MORE,rodrik is cripple or it's asher's duty to protect the lord these are excuses.IRON FROM ICE

• I had the two bandasses and tail, I had ser Royland Asher and talia

Sign in to comment in this discussion.