Who survived your last choice?

Comments

• edited July 2015

I had Rodrik stay and Asher survive. Asher simply is more of "my" character than Rodrik, and the idea of him being the 4th lord of the house in one season sounds really neat to me. (Gregor, Ethan, Rodrik, and Asher) Knowing the type of character he is, I'll be more inclined to make rash and unpredictable decisions, which will make the next episode much more entertaining.

I personally felt like Rodrik didn''t really accomplish as much as Asher, but I think its mostly because of the traitor (mine was Duncan) and Ramsay's OP plot shield. But now both are out of the way to let Asher wreak havoc and use his amazing Asher grin. And I think the death scene really fit Rodrik too, it was as if he could finally let all his rage out because he accepted death.

This decision makes me recall in episode 1 how Ethan can ask his Mom if Asher would be lord over him. But now that really can be the case.

• edited July 2015

I completely agree. I literally had to take an hour off just to think what to do before I could continue. I ended up choosing Rodrik to die because I think it's something he would do. I also feel that Rodrik after looking at Asher felt that only Asher could make the hard decisions necessary to win the war i.e be as brutal as possible.

• Wow I agree with basically everything there and my traitor is also Duncan

FlareBattle posted: »

I had Rodrik stay and Asher survive. Asher simply is more of "my" character than Rodrik, and the idea of him being the 4th lord of the house

• I completely agree, that was my reasoning as well. It was still the toughest decision I have ever made and the 50/50 results seem to say the same.

FishySticks posted: »

I left Rodrik behind. I mean, Asher goes through all that crap for his family's sake, despite being exiled by them, just to die when he f

• You and me, lad. If we can't kill the Whitehills in the next episode, I'm done

Hell yeah! Someone else who chose Rodrik! Iron from Ice my brother!

• edited July 2015

Wtf why don't you write that your comment contains spoilers? Some of us haven't started borderlands yet.

ranger563 posted: »

Team Asher! This is quickly gonna become GoT's version of the Rhysha/Rhiona debate.

• edited July 2015

For me, I choose Rodrik to be the one who survive to lead the House. For me, he has always been the main protagonist of the story, he is born to be the leader and I really love him as character. Also out of all of the characters, he is the personification of the house's word "Iron from Ice". Think about it, he essentially "died" in episode 1. Once he raises from the dead in episode 2, the Forresters are starting to gain their strength and influence. With each episodes that passes, Rodrik becomes stronger and finally in episode 5, he is able to walk without his cane.

Also for me, Asher sacrificing his life is his greatest show of love and loyalty to his family. He has been exiled for four years and by all means, shouldn't hold any loyalty to his family. His sacrifice is proof that he still loves his family and it is his duty to his brother to ensure his safety and the safety of his family, which has always been the driving force of his story.

I like how other people mentioned that both Asher's and Rodrik's story began in episode 2.

• Asher, I liked Rodrik a lot more but it seemed like the better story option.

• I left Rodrick along with 50.3% of people. So close. But if one dies that means both are doomed right? Whoever survived has to die next episode They're not going to record both actors for the next season.

• I wanted it to end with the three characters who were there from the beginning, so I saved Rodrik

• We're all dead inside, don't worry. <3

Matt_CFC posted: »

Left Rodrik behind, made more sense to me

• Can never let that Asher grin die!

WalkerHH93 posted: »

My handsome Asher had to live. Big bro is proud of him.

• I knew what would happen and took a moment and then choose Asher, he is legit my fav character and I choose to say to Beshka to protect Rodrik and it says she will remember that and I thought to myself...greaaaaat we have one more episode to play were I am going to be reminded what happened to Asher..but it was legit hardest choice in a TTG ever in my opinion, mainly because after Asher my favourite character is Rodrik :(

I originally left Asher behind also. I was trying so hard to hold my tears in, but when Beshka gave me that heartbreaking look and was like

• I didn't leave anyone behind i just closed the game :)

maybe i will continue when ep 6 comes

• Asher is still alive for me. He is my favorite character and I'm not gonna have him come all the way from Essos just to die. Besides in my opinion it made the most sense for Rodrik to die in that scene.

• Asher cause he probably makes more sense in all aspects of leading and besides the fighters already respect him

• I actually attempted to stab Ramsey. Nothing much happened apart from a punch to the gut, a bit of impressed laughter, and acknowledgment that he was lucky Rodrick was a cripple. I imagine he would've cut Arthur's waistline and let the poor man's intestines spill out either way.

As for my final choice in episode 5...I went with Asher. Purely from a logical standpoint; Asher is healthy, brutal, and actually has some ruthless killers on his side. I like to envision Ludd trying to talk smack to Asher only to receive a punch in the face and more blades than he can handle pointed at him. Plus, there's still his attraction to Gwen Whitehill - maybe after this war is over the two houses could be joined.

Rodrick, meanwhile...things were falling apart for him, and I don't just mean in the physical sense. It's like every victory he had was countered with an almost immediate defeat. Part of it was because he couldn't fight as well as he used to, but I figure a lot of it had to do with horrible, horrible timing. It's like...he gains some allies, defeats Gryff, negotiates a trade, and then loses it all immediately upon returning home. Probably because he had little choice but to focus on politics in the middle of a potential inner war brewing inside his own House. With Asher, I imagine it's more...he sees the problem and buries an ax in its head...or stomps on its neck...or stabs it through the chest...or shoots it with an arrow...or all of the above. And that's probably what House Forrester needs right about now.

Though I do admit...I feel really, really bed for Elaena. First she loses her brother, now Rodrick, which would all but cement her betrothal to Gryff at this point (unless his head were to conveniently be removed from his body) and that's only if she doesn't commit suicide over losing two of the people she cared most about within the span of two days. Poor woman. Though I imagine knowing that Gryff is the one who ended Rodrick could also potentially fuel her desire to see that spoiled, overgrown brat dead even further.

• Off topic, but I got to thinking soon after the episode ended.....and I realized...it didn't matter which Forrester you saved....if she does so again, Talia will be writing yet another funeral song for yet another dead brother. Not to mention who knows what will become of Ryon. This poor family will have no one left to mourn them at this rate.

Also, my very first post on this site I just realized was somewhat foreshadowing.....look:

Oh man, can you imagine if the heartbreaking moment was somehow getting to a point where you had to choose between saving Talia or saving Ryon right on the spot? (a la Asher choosing to help Beshka or Malcolm with the Drogon scene, but more final and uh...fatal.)

Because if so...

NOPE. NOPE, NOT DOING THAT!

I'll get up from the game and walk away if I must. It would break my heart to do that. T_T

^^^ The situation was exact, except I had the wrong Forresters in the equation. O_O Oh, and for the record, I saved Asher, but thank goodness for multiple saves....that way I'll never truly lose either of them, because that would be horrid.

• In my opinion, both Asher and Rodrik has the same potential and capabilities for leadership. Despite Rodik's defeats and failings, you have to remember that he has the worst strategic position of all the Forresters. He is constantly surrounded by enemies, the traitor in his council is leaking information and Ramsay's intervention is keeping him weak. The fact that he managed to maintain order despite all of that is still impressive. Also by the end of episode 5, he has recovered from his injuries.

• I saved Rodrik because I want him to kill Gryff and as he said in episode 3 "You know what they did to me at the Twins? Shred my face. Put their swords through me. Tried to smash my skull open. But they couldn't kill me. And you are not the man to finish the job". It would've been awful to see Rodrik at Gryff's feet.

• Defo, will be good to see it where it goes after having made both the choices.

Boagrius posted: »

I'm glad there's more than one save file!!

• Rodrick was my favorite fucking character, but I had to leave him behind. The most difficult choice I have ever done in any game I've played. I don't feel comfortable with either of the outcomes, but saving Asher seems better to me.

I still feel like shit after leaving Rodrik behind though.

• Oh we're GONNA kill the whitehills. Those assholes will never know what hit em. Iron From Ice dude. Iron from Ice.

AronDracula posted: »

You and me, lad. If we can't kill the Whitehills in the next episode, I'm done

• I like Rodrik more but I left him mainly as only Asher can get the support of the pit fighters/beska

• Asher is far too young to lead.

It is Rodrik who I had to let go of. I wanted to prove his quote:

Do you know what they did to me at the Twins? They tried to kill me, shred my skull open, threw their horses at me. You won't be the one to finish the job.

I had to be patient with Rodrik's disability ever since episode two. I won't let go of it now. Looking forward to episode six.

Why didn't Gryff say anything? Suspicious.

They used the same animation for stabbing the victim with sword then throwing him. Wow.

• edited July 2015

Asher for many reasons.
    I also felt that the house needs someone who's used to the shit and fighting, Roderik was a good lord but in my playthrough he was focused on peace. My Asher was focused on getting the job done.

• edited July 2015

I made two save files now.

• Iron from ice!

Oh we're GONNA kill the whitehills. Those assholes will never know what hit em. Iron From Ice dude. Iron from Ice.

• Wrong!

Puhtis posted: »

Save Asher Forrester = Win war agains Whitehills Save Rodrick Forrester = Lose war agains Whitehills

• I made Rodrik stay behind but I don't know why. The only thing I said was that it needed to be him but I think I was too upset to even come up with a reason.

• Wrong Puhtis. Rodrik is stronger than most men. Like the Maester said "no other man could have survived wounds like this". Rodrik has also kept the house on its feet for 4 episodes. He has also fully recovered he can walk without aid with heavy armour on. This is Rodriks war and he will finish it.

Puhtis posted: »

House Forrester have better chances to survive if Asher is lord Rodrick was weak & stypid just Like Ethan Asher will lead House Forrester to victory agains House Whitehill And marry Gwynn in end And Beshka as his Sentinel

• I had Beskha promise Asher that she'd protect his brother and she did. I think Beskha will be there no matter what. Asher said "Rodrik is your family now." before he died.

i left rodrik because asher is a better fighter and he has the back of the pit fighters woth asher it ensure beshka and the pit fighters con

• edited July 2015

Asher survived. I just really wanted him to see Gwyn again given how attached she was to him. I can see why people would pick Rodrick - with the whole Elaena situation - but I personally think that Rodrick already had his fun with his love for his lifespan. Now it's Asher turn with his own love.

Here's hoping that Rodrick and Elena's week of angry lovemaking will make a baby. Oh wait - Game Of Thrones.

• Different personalities for different playthroughs of different people.

207Brandon1 posted: »

Wrong Puhtis. Rodrik is stronger than most men. Like the Maester said "no other man could have survived wounds like this". Rodrik has also k

• Both, since I have two playthroughs. The most emotional is leaving Asher behind though. Although, I assume Eleana won't be thrilled learning what happened to the man she loves, right after losing her brother.

• Who says the next season is going to be about the same house?

Sarson posted: »

I left Rodrick along with 50.3% of people. So close. But if one dies that means both are doomed right? Whoever survived has to die next episode They're not going to record both actors for the next season.

• I felt genuine pain when I saw Asher die, it seemed unbelievably unfair to have him come all this way for his family just to die there, and Beskha's cries did the rest :(

When Rodrik died, it was more bearable somehow, although I don't know why. Both of them are far too young to die, but at least Rodrik had a short second chance and was surrounded by his family in the last months.

I haven't played the game yet, but I'm going to save Asher when I do. He hasn't seen his family and Gwyn in years, it would be sooo tragic to have him die without ever seeing them again.

• I really liked Rodrick, so thats why i left him behind! cuz he was a more suitable man to take the huge honor to sacrifice himself for the Forresters, so his name would be long remembered in house Forrester like his brother Ethan!
    Asher's ambition shouldve not end like that, he should be proud of having a brother like Rodrick who give him a chance to live and win the war.

• I was so close to crying in this scene, I've never cried while playing a game but I've been close. Rodrik and Asher are my two favourite characters I ended up leaving Rodrik behind because I felt it would be a stronger story for the exiled son that doesn't want to be Lord to become Lord and save the house.

• I left Rodrick behind :S F*cking hardest choice ever made in games... I mean I love both of them, but I like Asher rebelious spirit. Also Even thought Rodrick is strong people, but I don't think the pit fighters will respect a man that can't really fight, we need an army :S

Also, the way I played I think this made sense. My AShers is not really crazy about family but he's doing this because he thinks it's the right thing, he never wanted to be the lord, but Rodrick would never let his brother die, specially because he knows the house will need a War Lord for the war, and Asher is better at it. Also my Asher is the rebelious crazy but at the same time helpfull or the ones he loves charatcher and he would never let his new army in a land that they don't know. Rodrick is the chaartcher that was holding House Forrester down and that defied every order given him, he would sacrifice himself to see his house and family win the war.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.