More Walking Dead Interactive Fan-Fic:Humanity or Survival Ep. 6 Ch. 4 (Submissions open)

Comments

• [Brent should help Mai]

[Ignore and go find mai]

Domingez posted: »

“Okay I’ll stay with Lewin and.....be careful” says James firmly and affectionately. “I will, don’t worry” replies Kimiko with soft eyes.

• I don't know what to pick..

[Ignore and go find Mai]

[Both should stay and help Weston]

“Okay I’ll stay with Lewin and.....be careful” says James firmly and affectionately. “I will, don’t worry” replies Kimiko with soft eyes.

• [Ignore and go find Mai]

[Both should run and help Mai]

• edited July 2014

[Ignore and go find Mai]

So, I don't think Mai will make it without help, but Weston is going to have a hard time too. Luckily there are two guys for help.

[Willy should help Weston], because his leg might not be healed enough to run fast.

That means [Brent should help Mai] as a logical consequence.

• edited July 2014

[Ignore and go find Mai]

[Both should stay and help Weston]

• [Ignore and go find Mai]

[Willy should help Weston]

[Brent should help Mai]

• [Help John carry the bags to the house]

[Willy should help Weston]

[Brent should help Mai

• edited July 2014

“I won’t help you until I find out if my sister’s okay, sorry John” replies Kimiko sympathetically as she runs off.

“Eh whatever” mutters John resignedly.

“We’re in no hurry, just relax” says Austin annoyingly and sarcastically.

“If you want to stick around here be my guest” says John harshly as he sits anxiously on the log.

Kimiko runs through the woods, after a while she hears familiar voices and sees walkers meandering in one direction.

“Fuck there’s too many of them” shouts Weston urgently as he strikes a lurker with his knife.

Willy with his innocent eyes filled with terror approaches slowly an attacking walker and plunges his knife into the rotters mouth.

“I’m going to help Mai” says Brent in a rush.

“Wait Brent, help us” says Willy abruptly.

“One at a time kid don’t let yourself get surrounded” says Weston anxiously to Willy.

“Easy to say” mutters Willy.

“I’m coming guys hold on!” yells Kimiko as she slashes the walkers trying to get Weston and Willy.

Mai struggles on shore with a lurker trying to take bite of her foot, she lifts her stronger leg and slams her heel into the things skull.

“Hold on Mai” shouts Brent as he kicks a walker causing it to fall down and easily sinks his axe into the rotters head.

Another ghoul tries to catch Mai, but Brent lifts his axe and attacks it from behind.

“You okay?” asks Brent urgently as he helps Mai to get up.

“Yeah, I think my foot hurts a little, shit there’s more of them coming” replies Mai in shock.

“Oh hell we have to run” says Brent fearful.

The two runs sluggishly run into the woods.

“Brent come back!” yells Willy sadly.

“Mai! Where the hell’s Mai?” shouts Kimiko as she approaches Weston.

“She’s on the other side with Brent” replies Weston bluntly.

“Why’s she over there? why didn’t you guys help her?” asks Kimiko angrily.

“She wanted to check that side for supplies but then the walkers attacked us” responds Weston sullenly.

“If she’s hurt it’s your fucking fault” says Kimiko harshly as she try to run through the lake.

“Kimiko wait you’re going to get yourself fucking killed there’s too many of them” shouts Weston worriedly.

“It wasn’t your fault” says Willy reassuringly.

“Yeah I know kid, I think we ought to go help them” says Weston sentimentally.

“Oh now you want to help” remarks Kimiko harshly as she starts killing the walkers on shore.

Weston ignores and kills any walker that comes into his sight.

“Brent, stop I think we lost them” says Mai exhaustedly.

“We can’t be too sure” replies Brent trying to catch his breath.

“I think I heard my sister early on, weird thing” says Mai thoughtfully.

“At least you heard your sister, I only kept hearing those damn moans and growls in my head” says Brent tiredly.

“How did those fuckers get on to us so fast?” mutters Mai.

“Weston’s gunshot for one, and then you two arguing didn’t help things” replies Brent thoughtfully with a smile.

“Mai! where are you?” shouts Kimiko.

“That’s Kimiko it was her all along” smiles Mai.

“Over here Sis!” yells Mai.

“Oh thank god you’re alright” says Kimiko gladly as she hugs Mai.

“It was a close one” mutters Mai.

“You alright Brent?” asks Kimiko affectionately.

“Never been better” gasps Brent pleasantly with a smile.

“Brent!” says Willy out loud cheerfully and hugs Brent.

“Heh I’m okay pal” smirks Brent.

“Lets head back, have you and James found anything?” asks Mai calmly.

“We found a survivor, he will help us” replies Kimiko firmly.

“Good, finally some good news for a change” says Mai pleasantly.

Kimiko looks at Weston with contemptuous eyes as she helps Mai get up. Weston only nods his head sideways with his eyes narrowed.

Back at the Camp

“Hey guys, where’s the rest? where’s Kimiko?” asks James as he emerges from the woods.

“She went to find her sister” replies John uncommitted.

“How long ago?” asks James firmly.

“I dunno, maybe twenty or thirty minutes” replies John as he examines his beretta.

“Hmm well I guess you already heard the news about the new guy and the house” smirks James.

“Yeah I wanted to move most of our things with Kimiko but she just ran off” frowns irritably John.

“Could you blame her? I would’ve done the same thing” mutters James as he sits beside him and sighs with relief.

“No, I probably would do the same, it’s just....I want to help and I’ve been sitting here all day doing nothing but babysit Austin” replies John impatiently.

“Ey I’m sitting right here I don’t need babysitting” says Austin loudly and anxiously.

“Relax Austin, John’s only fucking with ya” grins James.

“There they are!” says John loudly and cheerfully as he sees Kimiko and Mai first then Weston with Willy and Brent.

“What happened?” asks James compassionately.

“We got attacked by walkers” replies Weston bleakly.

“No one got hurt?” asks John vaguely.

“Fortunately not, just my foot hurts me a little” replies Mai slightly wincing.

“You forgot something” smiles James as he hands over her sheath with a sword.

“If I had this earlier, maybe things wouldn’t be so complicated” winces Mai.

“It’s good to see that you all are okay” says Austin faintly with a thin smile.

“We are, luckily” says Mai gladly.

“Time to move people” says James cheerfully as he grabs a backpack and a duffel bag.

House

“It’s er nice to meet you all, jeez I haven’t seen this many people alive in a while” smirks Lewin.

“Yeah well don’t get used to it, anything may change” says Weston heavily.

“Relax Weston, why are you so on edge what happened back there?” whispers John to Weston.

Weston ignores hims and places his bag exhaustedly and sits on the couch. John notices that and looks at him suspiciously and curiously.

“Mai rest here” says Kimiko in the kitchen.

“Nice to be in a house again huh” remarks Brent cheerfully.

“It kinda reminds me of my house” sighs Willy as he gazes around.

Brent glances at Willy’s sad eyes with a thin smile.

“Looks like today we might all have a family dinner” chuckles Lewin.

“Don’t push it Lewin, but yeah maybe we have a lot of food lets put it too good use” smiles James standing beside Lewin.

“Wes talk to me man, what’s wrong?” John persists urgently.

“Nothing just forget it, we have to think of a plan, where to go from here” says Weston harshly with his eyebrows narrowed.

“We can stay here for a while, I guess” says John thoughtfully.

“No we can’t, supplies will end eventually, we have to get back on the road and head for Michigan, seems like the only logical thing we came up with so far.” replies Weston sulkily.

“Lets get some rest here first” says John shortly.

“That’s a nice katana, you two look like one of those warriors from Chinese movies” chuckles Lewin glancing at Kimiko and Mai.

“We’re Japanese close enough” smirks Mai.

“This Lewin dude is weird don’t you both think” whispers Austin to Brent and Willy.

“Maybe a little” whispers Willy innocently and unsure.

“He’s a bit too nice, but I guess that’s his personality” smiles Brent.

“Personality my ass, I don’t like him if he makes one wrong move if he touches anyone...I’ll” says Austin coldly and in a testy voice.

“You’ll what Austin? kill him? I hope, but for now just chill down kid he might be a good guy” interrupts John sourly.

“Just letting people know” mutters Austin indifferently as he heads over to the kitchen where Mai’s sitting with Kimiko beside her, while James stands with his arms folded beside Lewin in front of them.

“Brent, Willy wait up” whispers John loudly as he sees them going behind Austin.

“What is it?” asks Willy softly.

“What happened back there? I mean with Weston and Mai? He doesn’t want to tell me anything” asks John in a serious and definite tone.

[“Weston found a tied up kid in a house beside the lake, he killed it, but I think it got to him a little”]

[“Mai nearly got killed because of him, it’s all his fault”]

[“Nothing happened, he’s angry that’s all”]

[“Kimiko blames him for getting Mai in danger”]

• [“Weston found a tied up kid in a house beside the lake, he killed it, but I think it got to him a little”]

“I won’t help you until I find out if my sister’s okay, sorry John” replies Kimiko sympathetically as she runs off. “Eh whatever” mutters

• [Weston found a tied up kid in a house beside the lake, he killed it, but I think it got him a little"]

“I won’t help you until I find out if my sister’s okay, sorry John” replies Kimiko sympathetically as she runs off. “Eh whatever” mutters

• [“Weston found a tied up kid in a house beside the lake, he killed it, but I think it got to him a little”]

• I'm on a phone so the first one ["Weston.......]

• “Weston found a tied up kid in a house beside the lake, he killed it, but I think it got to him a little” replies Willy sentimentally.

“Damn....I can imagine that taking effect on him...why was the kid tied up? was it bit or anything?” asks John sullenly with his eyes shuttered.

“I don’t think so” replies Willy softly.

“Eh” sighs John.

“You okay John?” asks Brent sympathetically.

“I lost my family too and I know how it can mess with your mind” says John sorrowfully.

“Why did you lose your family?” asks Willy with kind and worried eyes.

“They were killed, because I screwed up” replies John bleakly.

Willy looks down sadly not knowing what to say or if he should say anything.

“What did you do?” asks Brent hesitantly.

“Me and my family.....we were with a group of survivors hold up in this hardware store.....at first it was alright we had safety and food....after a while everything changed.....new rules and orders were introduced....the leader started separating us making us do force labour....I fucked up once and got this scar on my cheek.....later I tried once more to escape with my family and a couple of other survivors.....ugh one of the guards caught me stealing some supplies and......then I payed the highest price” says John sullenly with his eyes narrowed filled with frustration.
    Willy and Brent glance at each other worriedly. Willy decides to give the big man a hug.

“We’ve all lost families” sighs Willy as he hugs John with his eyes shut.

John was caught off guard with Willy’s hug, for a moment he felt peaceful, he never thought that a child would hug him again, he thought of his own child while wrapping his arms around Willy and smiles warmly.

“So you see, sometimes anyone can snap after something like that” says John in a definite tone.

“Weston told us that he had a son and doesn’t know what happened to him.” says Brent calmly.

“Yeah I know” sighs John.

“Are we going to stay here for long?” asks Brent hesitantly.

“I don’t know kid, I still think we should get back on the road soon” replies John exhaustedly.

“Yeah, it’s a long drive to Michigan, not too mention we have to go through Chicago to get there” interrupts Weston sourly.

“Look I heard you guys talk about me, I get it, it was my fault back at the lake, luckily Mai survived, next time I’ll try not to be....so impulsive” says Weston shortly.

Kitchen

“So what’s our next move?” asks Mai curiously.

“Lewin told me that he took all the keys to the cars in the driveway, so we don’t have to really worry about transport apart from gas which might come low after time, Lewin also mentioned about a radio broadcast coming from Chicago about a safe zone somewhere.” says James in a controlled voice.

“You have a radio?” remarks Mai.

“Yes I do actually, when I found it I managed to get it working and at about six in the afternoon everyday someone’s broadcasting the same message about a safe zone where survivors can find shelter and food” says Lewin thoughtfully.

“I thought safe zones were overrun long time ago” says Kimiko with her eyebrows lifted.

“In a weird coincidence if we still plan on getting to open water and finding a boat near Michigan we would still have to get through the big city” says James in a focused tone.

“The city will be filled with walkers, hell I’m sure it’s infested with them” says Mai firmly.

“I don’t see an alternative here, we can stay here doing nothing until our supplies ran out which is dumb, bandits can easily target this place which puts us in grave danger” says James rigidly.
    “It‘s a risk we have to take” interrupts Weston as he enters the kitchen.

“We don’t, we can always stay here” says Kimiko sulkily.

“And wait for the military” smiles Lewin.

“Good luck with that genius, we’ve been surviving for about.....what three months...and no one has even bothered on fucking saving us.....and not too mention we have a house full of rotters right beside us....yeah we’re really safe here” says Weston sarcastically and thoughtfully.

“I said we’ll handle it, the house isn’t the problem, it’s the walkers you guys saw by the lake, you said that there were many of them right? what if a bigger herd like that comes through here? we’re too exposed” says James bluntly.

“If you plan on getting through Chicago then you should better pray, because it’s a suicide mission.” says Kimiko angrily.

“I don’t like it too” mutters Austin unemotionally.

“You don’t like anything Austin” mutters Mai rudely.

“Fine treat me like I don’t no shit, but you guys don’t know how it looks like in the city.....I barely got out of one....you guys can’t imagine how quickly everything spread in the first hours....hospitals,schools,neighborhoods everything and everyone was dead.” says Austin loudly and anxiously.

Everyone stood in silence and slight shock at Austin’s outburst.

“Calm down kid, no one thinks that about you” says James affectionately with sullen eyes.

“I just don’t want anyone to get hurt anymore” mutters Austin softly as he leaves the kitchen.

“Those walkers from the lake might come through here, sooner or later” says Brent hesitantly.

“Everything’s just messed up” mutters John to himself contemplating on whether it’s a good idea staying.

Willy -

[“Maybe there’s a safe zone, what if it’s true?”]

[Stay silent]

[“We can try our luck and stay here”]

[“Should we just rest for the night first and decide tomorrow?”]

• [“Maybe there’s a safe zone, what if it’s true?”]

“Weston found a tied up kid in a house beside the lake, he killed it, but I think it got to him a little” replies Willy sentimentally. “D

• [Maybe there's a safe zone, what if it's true?"]

“Weston found a tied up kid in a house beside the lake, he killed it, but I think it got to him a little” replies Willy sentimentally. “D

• [Stay silent]

• [“Should we just rest for the night first and decide tomorrow?”]

• [“Maybe there’s a safe zone, what if it’s true?”]

• [“Should we just rest for the night first and decide tomorrow?”]

• “Maybe there’s a safe zone, what if it is true” says Willy carefully and innocently as he stands beside Brent in the kitchen doorway.
    “If it’s real then we might have a chance of getting through this mess” says James in tough but optimistic voice with his arms still folded.

“The only thing that would save us is a goddamn cure, which I doubt that they have it in Chicago” responds John heavily as he walks around the room coiled with impatience.

“We can’t lose hope, lets just be optimistic about this, I’m not picking sides so please don’t shout at me, we can always rest somewhere on the way to Chicago, there’s plenty of small towns and I’m pretty sure there are a lot of empty houses out there not just this one” says Lewin with his eyes wide open and in a pleasant voice.

“I agree with all that” grins Mai sitting down.

Kimiko stays silent with her face wincing, she had a bad feeling about this plan but everyone was agreeing to it even her sister, her jaw clenched fiercely because there was no other way to change their minds.

“Okay good that most of us are on the same page, Lewin and I will get the cars ready for tomorrow” says James shortly and gladly as he exits.

“I’ll prepare us some dinner, Brent wanna give me a hand?” asks Weston firmly.

Brent glances at John and Willy who are nodding positively.

“Go ahead Brent, I’ll take Willy and check our food stocks good to know how much we really have left” smirks John as he pats Willy on the back.

“What is it Kimiko?” asks Mai benignly.

“It’s nothing” replies Kimiko as she brusquely wipes her sweated face and follows James out.

“Hold on James” says Kimiko softly.

“What is it?” asks James with his warm hazel eyes looking at her with care.

“I....I still don’t think it’s a good plan...I just didn’t want argue more in there” her voice trembles slightly.

“I’m not denying that I have my doubts too, to be honest I wake up everyday thinking its my last day, every decision we make here now will be dangerous or suicidal, we just have to keep moving.” says James sympathetically as he compassionately touches and slightly taps her shoulder.

Kimiko’s dark eyes drop down with her face filled with uncertainty and worry.

“Look I gotta go and check those cars, we’ll talk later if you’re up for it” smiles James warmly.

She glances over to the right where Austin’s sitting calmly by the window with his knees bent and looks through it indifferently.

“How are you holding Austin?” asks Kimiko softly as she rests beside him.

“Everyone decided to go huh” remarks Austin wearily.

“Yeah” sighs Kimiko.

“I maybe a kid in a everyones eyes, but I know one thing, we’re not gonna make it far” responds Austin reminiscently with his shining green eyes looking through the window.

“You are....technically....I guess you can’t afford to be one any more” sighs Kimiko.

“I never got to ask you.....how did you and your sisters survive the early days?” asks Austin calmly and with a slightly trembled voice.

“Believe it or not, this was our first year in the States, we wanted to wait when...(sniff tremulously)..when Mimi turned eighteen.....we moved to a small town in Iowa, in Japan I heard it was a nice place.....the first days we spent in a railway station just trying to survive, we thought about taking a train when walkers appeared but......sigh” says Kimiko sullenly.

“But nothing arrived” finishes Austin carefully.

“We just have to stick together and look out for each other” says Kimiko toughly as she looks down and nods sideways.

“It’s hard when you think that no one trusts you or doesn’t even consider you a useful member of the group” says Austin as he cocked an eyebrow at Kimiko.

“I trust you, everyone does” replies Kimiko reassuringly.

“Not John and Weston” answers Austin abruptly and unemotionally.

“Well Weston is an asshole, I wouldn’t rely on him if I were you, but John......John’s alright I guess, tough guy, steps up when he has too” says Kimiko harshly.

“What happened by the lake that you hate him so much?” asks Austin with his green eyes lifted with curiosity.

“Mai wanted to check the other side of the lake, she went across on her own while Weston refused and wanted to get back to camp, then walkers attacked them from both sides and.....and he didn’t even consider on running to her and helping” says Kimiko with her jaw clenched.

“Damn....it doesn’t seem like Weston would leave someone like that....it’s just not like him......something else had to happen” replies Austin thoughtfully.

“It doesn’t matter, in the end he didn’t help her” says Kimiko rigidly.

“You should go talk to him, hear his side of the story” says Austin compassionately.

“Maybe I will maybe not, whatever reason he had I.....I just can’t forgive him” sighs Kimiko.

“How many cans you got in that bag Willy?” asks John loudly.

“About se-seventeen” replies Willy softly.

“Good we have to separate some of them, will be easier to carry, you know equal weight and all that” smirks John with his hands on his hips.

“What’s wrong Willy?” asks John worriedly as he watches the child holding a can of sweetcorn looking at it sadly.

“My grandma used to make us this sweetcorn” answers Willy as a tear sheds his cheek, he quickly wipes it with his left hand making John notice a long scar on his hand leading up to his elbow.

“I bet she was a tough woman, managing to keep you and Brent safe for a long while” responds John warmly with a thin smile.

“What happened to your hand?” asks John calmly as he reaches out for Willy’s hand to examine it.

“A dog bit me when I was younger” replies Willy softly.

“It got you good....I’m surprised I haven’t noticed this earlier” says John thoughtfully.

“I remember it hurt so much, I just kept on crying” chokes Willy.

“I would have to champ, in the army you would’ve been considered a badass” says John optimistically trying to cheer Willy up.

Willy’s brown eyes look up at John he notices the scar on his right cheek reminding him how he told him and Brent about how he got it early on, the big man smiles thinly. Willy slightly grins back at him.

“Like you? were you good in the army?” asks Willy softly with a nice thin smile.

“I think I was, most of the skills I learnt from there, gave me a chance of survival in a world we have now, skills that I used.....to escape from my previous group.....if it weren’t for the army I would be dead by now” says John firmly as he kneels down on one leg and moves the cans around.

[“How did your family die?”]

[“What sort of skills did you learn?”]

[“Will you teach me, someday?”]

[Stay silent]

• ["Will you teach me, someday?"]

“Maybe there’s a safe zone, what if it is true” says Willy carefully and innocently as he stands beside Brent in the kitchen doorway. “If i

• [“Will you teach me, someday?”]

“Maybe there’s a safe zone, what if it is true” says Willy carefully and innocently as he stands beside Brent in the kitchen doorway. “If i

• ["Will you teach me, someday?"]

• “Will you teach me, someday?” asks Willy in a soft tone.

“Sure, well I can’t teach you much about guns because we’re very low on ammo, but now I’ll show you one thing that could help you when bad guys get you” says John in a serious tone as he stands up.

“What is it?” asks Willy with uncertainty in his voice.

“Have you ever been tied up before Willy?” asks John firmly.

“No, luckily” replies Willy worriedly.

“I’m not trying to frighten you kid, but in times like this you never know what kind of people you may come across, people that would want to hurt you. Too bad we don’t have a rope or anything, but I’ll use my shoe laces to show you how to unbind yourself.” says John toughly as he starts pulling his laces out from his black combat boots.

“Sometimes it’s easy getting yourself free, sometimes it’s not, if the rope is too tight then there’s a slim chance of just simply sliding the ropes off. When your tied from behind, then the first thing you should do is sit down and slide your hands underneath your legs so that you can have your hands in front of you that would make life slightly easier” smirks John.

John tightly ties Willy’s hands behind.

“Aww this hurts” aches Willy.

“Sorry kiddo, but you’ll learn this way” says John in a controlled voice.

“Now first can you slide them off?” remarks John firmly.

“Ugh....aww....pff” gibbers Willy as he tries hard sliding the laces off be rubbing against the wall and then the floor.

“No, I can’t” replies Willy exhaustedly sitting on the floor helplessly.

“Your a small kid, first always try to get your hands in front of you” says John urgently as he helps Willy to slide his hands underneath his legs.

“Wow I got it” says Willy cheerfully.

“You did, now it’s slightly easier for you to run or attack someone, but you’re not out from the woods yet” grins John.

“Always use your surroundings to your advantage try finding something pointy or sharp to cut off.” says John warmly.

“Hmm.....there’s nothing here......hmm.....a glass from that window could help” replies Willy thoughtfully.

“Good thinking, how are you going to break it?” smiles John with his arms folded waiting for Willy to react.

“Ugh.....” mumbles Willy as he reaches out for a couple of old books on the shelf and later places them beside the window.
    “Good work, now how are you going to break the window?” asks John with a slight smile and in a tough tone.

Willy grabs another book and throws it as hard as he could, he breaks the window and sees a glass shard on the floor. He picks it up and cuts through the laces easily.

“Great now I have no shoe laces left” chuckles John briefly.

“Heh but I did good huh” says Willy solemnly.

“You sure did” smirks John.

“Lets get back to sorting our food out” responds John warmly.

In the kitchen Weston stands by the cooker starting to warm up some beans, carrots and green peas in two pots. Brent sits opposite Mai by the table and peels the remaining few potato’s that Lewin had left.

“Brent, I never had a chance to thank you for what you did for me, if it weren’t for your help I wouldn’t be here right now” smiles Mai welcomingly.

“Don’t mention it, I always want to help out” replies Brent in a optimistic tone as he looks up at Mai’s round face with a pointy chin.

“Smells good Wes” says Mai happily as she turns around, her dark brown eyes look at Weston who doesn’t respond.

“Is there something wrong?” asks Mai faintly.

“Nah I’m fine don’t worry about me” replies Weston uncommitted not bothered even looking at Mai.

Mai stands up sluggishly and walks over to him carefully.

“I hope you’re not blaming yourself” whispers Mai softly.

“Your sister’s right, I screwed up for not protecting you or the kids, I let my temper get the better of me once more, and I’m sorry” responds Weston with his eyes narrowed into the pot and nods sideways.

“Well I’m not blaming you, just for you to know, I was the one pushing” says Mai weakly.

“Lets just try to forget it, go back and rest” replies Weston calmly and sorrowfully.

Outside

“I reckon we should get that pick-up truck and that station wagon for our journey” says James decisively.

“Looks like we’re in for a great American road trip” replies Lewin calmly with a thin smile.

“Yeah with zombies being the main attraction” mutters James as he wipes his hands thoroughly.

“As long as they don’t bite” smirks Lewin.

“Well don’t count on that” replies James sourly slightly fed up with Lewin’s optimism.

“I hope you don’t mind me tagging along with you guys” says Lewin softly.

“I have nothing against it, there’s a safety in numbers” replies James firmly as he walks away from the truck and heading for the house.

“Like a dream team” mutters Lewin to himself.

“So apart from that shotgun, what kind of weapons do you have?” asks James scornfully.

“I’ll tell you, but please don’t laugh, a screwdriver” replies Lewin chucklingly.

“Nothing funny about that, it’s pointy and easy to pull out of a walkers skull, better than axe that’s for sure” says James thoughtfully.

“Luckily I never had to use the shotgun” mutters Lewin glancing at his right hand holding the double-barrel.

“I’m guessing you only have the two bullets? it looks rusty did you even check if it still fires? asks James urgently.

“Yep only two, and no I haven’t fired it yet” replies Lewin amiably.

“Lets hope it won’t have to come to that” says James sternly.

The two look at the house beside them where walkers are growling occasionally when they hear them.

“I guess we don’t have to worry about that for too long” remarks James sourly.

“Yeah it’s not worth our strength if we’re to leave in the morning.” says Lewin calmly.

“Lets head back to the house, dinner should be ready soon” says James firmly.

Dinner

“Well this feels like a family dinner” remarks Lewin as he watches everyone seated by the huge table in the living room, but not everyone’s so cheerful.

“Uh, sorry” says Lewin hesitantly as no one responds to his words.

“Time to eat everyone” smirks James.

Night

Brent wakes up in the middle of the night, on his far right lies Willy fast asleep in the corner Weston is seen curled up sleeping with his rifle laying down beside him. He puts on his black jumper and decides to go downstairs to get some fresh air. “Hey” Austin startles him who’s sitting on the front porch.

“Jeez you scared me” jumps Brent.

“Sorry, can’t sleep huh?” asks Austin softly.

“I woke up wanted some fresh air that’s all” replies Brent lethargically.

“It’s a peaceful night, even the rotters aren’t making too much noise” says Austin solemnly.

“Yeah a bit cold tough for a summer night, good that we’re leaving tomorrow” says Brent impatiently.

“Tomorrow’s gonna be a long day” mumbles Austin unemotionally.

“Everyday is a long day for us” chuckles Brent.

“I don’t mean that exactly” says Austin shortly as his eyebrows narrow down.

“Then what is it?” asks Brent optimistically as he folds his arms and sits beside him.

“Have you ever been surviving alone, do you know what it feels like?” asks Austin as he takes off his hat and runs his hand through his greasy medium long hair.

“Uh, I was with Willy for the very beginning so no” replies Brent shortly.

“In the first days, I was walking alone with a twisted ankle for many days, I never felt so shattered, I didn’t care what was around me I just kept going, after a while I passed out.....and when I woke up I thought that all that was just a bad nightmare....(sniff).... James he was the one that found me and took me in to the homeless shelter.” says Austin in a sullen and trembled voice.

“Well you’re not alone now pal, why are you telling me all this anyway?” asks Brent worriedly.

“I don’t know, I just wanted to let you know” sighs Austin.

“If you’re worried about tomorrow then try not to think about it too much everything will be okay” says Brent with a thin smile.

Morning

“Okay everyone ready to move out? everything packed John?” asks James affirmatively standing in the living room with a leather backpack.

“Yeah all in, I’ll take the truck with Weston and anyone that wants to tag along” replies John rigidly from upstairs, as he puts on his grey camo shirt and blue jeans,

“Good, Kimiko,Mai and Austin are gonna ride with me” says James shortly.

“I’ll buckle up with you guys maybe we’ll get to know each other better” smirks Lewin at John who gives him a forced wintry smile as he places the bags with food and clothes in the back.

“Uhmm....that leaves you kids to decide with who you want to drive, there’s space in both vehicles” smiles James warmly looking at Willy dressed in his dark blue hoodie accompanied by black jeans with dirty white trainers and a small green backpack. Brent’s athletic figure stands beside Willy dressed in a brown t-shirt, grey jeans and black high-tops.

“So what do you think Brent?” asks Willy optimistically.

[“We should go with John,Weston and Lewin”]

[“We should go with James, Kimiko, Austin and Mai”]

• [“We should go with John,Weston and Lewin”]

“Will you teach me, someday?” asks Willy in a soft tone. “Sure, well I can’t teach you much about guns because we’re very low on ammo, bu

• ["We should go with John, Weston, and Lewin"]

“Will you teach me, someday?” asks Willy in a soft tone. “Sure, well I can’t teach you much about guns because we’re very low on ammo, bu

• ["We should go with James, kimiko, Austin, and mai

• “I think we should go with John, Weston and Lewin” suggests Brent with a smile.

“Then hop on in” says John shortly.

“Okay will be heading for Mendota first, maybe will find a shop or something that has maps of Chicago” points Weston on the map standing behind the truck.

“If we wont find anything in Mendota, then we should just keep going east through Aurora, Naperville and then drive into Chicago, if there’s no safe zone then we should just get to the beach and find a boat” says James confidently glancing at the map.

“That’s pretty much the plan I wanted to say” mutters Weston shortly and stiffly.

“Okay no need to get angry with me” replies James softly.

“Angry? you haven’t seen me angry boy, you think you have all the answers but don’t act like you’re the leader of this group, we make decisions together” frowns Weston irritably.

“Calm down, I just pointed out the obvious” replies James steadily.

“Jesus will you two just stop arguing, and lets go already” says Lewin slightly agitated.

“This doesn’t involve you fruitcake” snarls Weston at Lewin.

“Enough already for fuck sake, everyone to your cars, lets just go you guys” shouts John impatiently.

Weston looks wintry at James and folds the map before entering the truck.

“The man’s losing it” says Kimiko dubiously as James sits in the driver’s seat.

“He’s not, just give him a break” interrupts Mai impatiently.

“If he cracks he may become a liability to the group” says Kimiko in a definite voice.

“And until then lets just drop it” says James strictly trying to end the conversation.

45 minutes later, Mendota

“Stop the car” says Weston abruptly.

“What is it?” asks John in shock.

“There’s a kiosk over there, it might have some maps of Chicago” says Weston urgently as he leaps out.

“Wes, wait, damn” says John loudly but too late.

“Lewin any signal from the radio?” asks John sulkily.

“Nothing, like I said the broadcast always come’s up at six in the afternoon” replies Lewin carefully.

“Fuck......stay here” says John impatiently as he exits the car.

“What’s up?” asks James as he stopped behind the truck.

“Weston told me to pull over he thinks that he’ll find maps in that stupid kiosk” replies John rigidly.

“Quiet town” remarks James easing the tension.

“Don’t get use to it, look” nods John without concern.

“I’ll handle it” says Kimiko with authority in her voice wielding her katana and Mai right behind here with her sword out.

“Those chicks make it look so easy” says James solemnly.

“Their training has finally come to good use” gibbers and smirks John.

“I’m gonna check on Wes” says John firmly as he walks over to the small kiosk.

“Wes, you found anything?” asks John wearily.

“As matter of fact I have, I found a nice detailed map of Chicago just like I predicted and I also found this walkie-talkie under the counter” says Weston amiably.

“Does it work?” asks John inquisitively.

“Nah, needs batteries I was trying to find some here” says Weston thoughtfully as he examines the contents under the counter.

“Too bad we only have the one, however it could still come in handy when we get to the safe zone” said John flatly.

“I’m sure this town holds at least one store where we could find us some batteries” says Weston contemptuously.

“If it weren’t for Kimiko and Mai right now we would have to deal with a large group of walkers” says John optimistically.

“I’m gonna go ahead and find us a store” says Weston evasively.

“We’ll all go” says John obstinately.

“No, I’ll manage better on my own.....at least then no one will be in danger because of me” says Weston in wintry voice.

“Don’t say that man, I can help” persists John.

“I said no, you keep those kids safe” says Weston decisively as he exits the kiosk. While Kimiko and Mai walk back to the vehicles

“That was a peace of cake huh sis......damn my leg still aches a bit?” remarks Mai slightly out of breath.

“Yeah I needed a good work out, you shouldn’t over do it with your leg” says Kimiko mildly.

“Where’s he going?” asks James softly.

“He wanted to go alone and check the town for anything useful, Wes found us a map of Chicago and a walkie-talkie but it needs batteries.” replies John morosely nodding sideways.

“I’ll go after him” says James urgently.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea” says John as he holds James back by the shoulder.

“What’s not a good idea?” asks Mai as she and her sister approach them.

“Weston went alone to check the town” says John weakly.

“And you let him go alone?!” frowns Mai irritably.

“What was I suppose to do? force him to go with me, it doesn’t work like that and besides he doesn’t want to put anyone in danger anymore” replies John impulsively.

“Let the asshole go alone” gibbers Kimiko.

“How can you say that?” remarks Mai in shock.

“That man has anger issues, puts lives in danger and not to mention he’s complaining about who should and shouldn’t lead the group” replies Kimiko steadily.

“No one’s leading the group, we work together” says James unemotionally.

“We have to help him” Austin’s firm voice interrupts them.

“I don’t care I’m staying put” says Kimiko harshly.

“One of us should go after him, if none of you care, then I’ll go” says Austin shortly.

“I want to go” says Mai abruptly.

“Your leg’s still bad, I think it’s better for you to stay, you did enough to help us” smiles James warmly.

“If anyone should go, it should be me” says John toughly.

“Just be careful” says James with a warm nod.

“Hey Wes, wait up” says John loudly.

Weston only glances behind him uncommitted and enters a market store on the right.

“Why didn’t you wait up?” asks John anxiously.

“I told you, I’ll be better alone” says Weston shortly and coldly.

“No you won’t, I’ll check the back” says John rigidly.

10 minutes later

“You found them batteries?” asks John firmly.

“I did, but it still doesn’t work properly, it’s sending weird nosies” says John as he stands fiddling with the walkie-talkie.

“Buzz....Buzz.....Alan do you hear me?.....I’ve been trying to reach you for over an hour.....are you okay?.....answer me....” a worried voice squeaks through the radio

“Fuck, who’s that?” whispers John loudly with his eyes focused.

“I...I don’t know, looks like we’re not the only ones in this town” whispers Weston coldly.

“Should we say something?” suggests John hesitantly.

“No, we wait, we don’t know who we’re dealing with yet” replies Weston decisively as he fiercely looks at the radio in his hand.

“What’s going on man, I can see a bunch of people by your spot, you in there are you hurt?.......Are these bad people?.......”I have a clear shot”..........Jesus Neil, don’t fucking shoot Alan might be there somewhere.....” two urgent voices went through the radio.

“Shit they might be aiming at our group....we stopped by a square right?....there are buildings on the opposite side....they might be hidden on the rooftop” mutters and coils Weston with his eyes wide apart.

“We have to do something” says John coiled with impatience.

Major Choice: Planning

[(Weston or/both John) should run back and warn the group]

[Reply - “This is not Alan, I found this walkie-talkie in the kiosk, I don’t even know who’s Alan, we don’t want any trouble.”]

[Weston should get a better view with his rifle, while John warns the rest]

[Reply- “Please don’t shoot, we’re friendly”]

• ["This is not Alan, I found this walkie-talkie in the kiosk, I don't even know who's Alan, we don't want any trouble."]

“I think we should go with John, Weston and Lewin” suggests Brent with a smile. “Then hop on in” says John shortly. “Okay will be head

• [Reply - “This is not Alan, I found this walkie-talkie in the kiosk, I don’t even know who’s Alan, we don’t want any trouble.”]

“I think we should go with John, Weston and Lewin” suggests Brent with a smile. “Then hop on in” says John shortly. “Okay will be head

• [Reply - “This is not Alan, I found this walkie-talkie in the kiosk, I don’t even know who’s Alan, we don’t want any trouble.”]

• The second choice

• “This’s not Alan, I found this walkie-talkie in the kiosk, I don’t even know who’s Alan, we don’t want any trouble.” replies Weston in a confident and controlled voice.

“.......(It’s a trap man I know it’s)........(Shut up don’t do anything stupid).....Listen stranger I don’t believe you I’ve been in situations like these and it didn’t end good” the radio replies in a snorted and brusquely voice.

“It doesn’t have to a end bad, we don’t know where your friend is, we’re only passing through town” says Weston in a calm and warm tone.

“Bullshit.......where the hell are you? I can’t see you with your group” grunted the stranger.

“Where are you? we can talk about this” says Weston in a definite tone.

“I asked you first....” says the guy in a cold voice.

“We have to get our people the hell out of there man” whispers John impatiently.

“Wait a second will ya, we can’t panic not yet at least” whispers John toughly.

“Where in a store not far from the kiosk” says John shortly.

“(Shit two of them are walking away, something’s up man)” says Neil as he looks through the scope of his rifle.

“Hello you there?” asks Weston hesitantly.

BAM

“Jesus Christ” flickers John with shock in his tone.

“My god” mutters Weston in fear as he runs out from the store like thunder.

“No! Mai!....wake up.....don’t die on me....no...get up.....get up...” stutters Kimiko emotionally kneeled down holding her sister’s face.

“Kim we’re too exposed here, get to the car now” says James loudly kneeled beside her examining where the bullet came from with his pistol wielded.

“Lewin, start the car!” shouts Brent hysterically.

“Oh no...no...” says Weston tremulously.

“She’s dead, wait you’ll get yourself killed, I’ll try to locate the fucker” says John rigidly stopping Weston from running over to James and Kimiko

John runs towards the corner with his beretta wielded.

“My god.....I can’t believe....christ” choke Weston.

“It’s not your fault, all I need is this shit-brain to shoot once more and I’ll be onto him” says John angrily examining the long building on the other side.

“Why did you fucking shoot?” yells the stranger angrily looking at Neil.

“Because everything was fishy with these people that’s why,......now.....time to shoot this asshole” says Neil thoughtfully aiming at James.

BAM

Just in the nick of time, Lewin stops the car in front of James and Kimiko the bullet hits the side door.

“We have to go Kimiko, I’m sorry” says James affectionately as he tries to pull Kimiko off of Mai’s body.

“...sniff....goodbye sis....” says Kimiko in a slightly trembled voice and leaps into the backseat of the car.

Austin starts the other car and overtakes Lewin, driving straight to John and Weston.

BAM BAM BAM

Fired John at the edge of the building.

“Whoaha...looks like they want to fight back” says Neil loudly in a creepy tone filled with crazy pleasure.

“Come on get in there’s no time some fucking asshole is fucking shooting at us” says Austin hysterically.

John mutters “Damn” to himself as he can’t get a good shot at Neil and escapes quickly to the car with Weston.

The group escape at top speed through the small town heading east for Naperville.

End of Chapter 4

• Sorry i don't comment often, im always forget about this fanfiction. Anyways thanks for making my character (Elias) amazing :D i cant wait for the next chapter with him.

• Your welcome ;) Elias will be back in Episode 4 Chapter 1.

Carley123 posted: »

Sorry i don't comment often, im always forget about this fanfiction. Anyways thanks for making my character (Elias) amazing i cant wait for the next chapter with him.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.