E1 Release discussion: Nov 25: TTG/Steam PC, PSN NA, Nov 26: XboxOne, 360, Dec 3: PSN EU

Comments

• I'm thinking of making a spoiler discussion thread for when the stream hits. Yay? Nay?

Obviously it won't be fool proof and it will only extend to the Telltale forums, but I figure it's worth a shot if anything.

Yeah I really doubt this live stream will cause problems.

• Sounds like a good idea to me! I would very much appreciate it.

I'm thinking of making a spoiler discussion thread for when the stream hits. Yay? Nay? Obviously it won't be fool proof and it will only extend to the Telltale forums, but I figure it's worth a shot if anything.

• Yep sounds good :)

I'm thinking of making a spoiler discussion thread for when the stream hits. Yay? Nay? Obviously it won't be fool proof and it will only extend to the Telltale forums, but I figure it's worth a shot if anything.

• Random question time! I remember the TWD and TWAU areas had fan art threads. I was wondering if anyone had made a fan art thread for Borderlands yet? I couldn't spot one, but just wanted to double check before creating one.

• There's a meme thread but no art one.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Random question time! I remember the TWD and TWAU areas had fan art threads. I was wondering if anyone had made a fan art thread for Borderlands yet? I couldn't spot one, but just wanted to double check before creating one.

• There is an art thread, it's buried in the other threads, I'll go bump it.

Deadpoolian posted: »

Random question time! I remember the TWD and TWAU areas had fan art threads. I was wondering if anyone had made a fan art thread for Borderlands yet? I couldn't spot one, but just wanted to double check before creating one.

• Wait you actually think this is a good marketing strategy?

Alt text

Nothing wrong with having a debate over the marketing strategy used, no need to get that frustrated.

• Not entirely, but I can see what they're trying to do. As I said earlier, many people aren't aware of the format of Telltale games/Borderlands games and so may want to watch this to get an idea of what the game is like before buying it. It could spread the range of people likely to buy the game.

beguiler posted: »

Wait you actually think this is a good marketing strategy?

• Also, Telltale aren't stupid. Let's be honest, they probably know a lot more about marketing than pretty much anyone on this forum. What we think doesn't work may be working more than we can imagine.

• I've been able to not hear about Telltale Games and any of their games until June this year, no spoilers for anything and everything, didn't know about their games even though they are so succesful. It would easily be possible to avoid everything for 1/2 days, if not less. Oh... and why would videos about Minecraft have spoilers of Tales from the Borderlands lol? Tweets have no spoiler tags, but then why would you go on Twitter? Oh and btw, the spoilers won't be everywhere. Just avoid anything telltale-related and stop being so paranoid.

AND I said that ANY videos could have spoilers in it...I'm not going on the Forums. Tweets aren't things that have spoiler tags and therefor

• Well, their live event sold out in a day. Pretty legit.

• That logic doesn't equal a successful marketing scheme. A lot more to be judged. Look you're both entitled to stand behind this idea TT has and watch the stream. I on the other hand think it was a gimmicky move and will not be watching. Also I don't really care to watch someone else play a game before I have the chance (and I'm shocked people actually want to watch this) But to each his own.

LineLiar posted: »

Well, their live event sold out in a day. Pretty legit.

• I certainly do not want to watch this because I have no reason to - I know that Telltale will deliver a great game, but I can see why others may want to watch it.

That logic doesn't equal a successful marketing scheme. A lot more to be judged. Look you're both entitled to stand behind this idea TT has

• edited November 2014

Like many people here, I don't understand Telltale's marketing strategy.Allowing a live stream of the full first episode before anyone had the chance to play it for themselves seems odd to me.And what's the point of watching it ? I'd rather play it for myself first. And I was really expecting it to be released this week, I'm sure it's ready so why delay it even more ?

And another thing that seems odd to me is the fact that they are apparently going to release the GoT trailer before they even release the first Tales from the Borderlands episode. I don't see them releasing the two episodes the same week so we're gonna have to wait even more when I'm sure they could've released one of them a lot earlier.

• Well, they are premiering the entire episode.

I guess it depends on the sort of episode it is. Like you said, they did it with TWD DLC which gave nothing extremely important away. Maybe

• Yeah, I agree. The last thing I want is to watch the whole play-though episode before release.

Mary5 posted: »

Like many people here, I don't understand Telltale's marketing strategy.Allowing a live stream of the full first episode before anyone had t

• I never stated it was a good idea, and never stated their marketing strategy is great. Neither am I going to watch the livestream nor read spoilers, so you're assuming is only entertaining me. I merely stated that their marketing strategy is at least successful.

That logic doesn't equal a successful marketing scheme. A lot more to be judged. Look you're both entitled to stand behind this idea TT has

• So IGN just posted this article about Game of Thrones. At the end, it states:

The premiere episode, Iron From Ice, could arrive as early as December. “We're tracking very closely to an early December premiere soon after Tales from the Borderlands begins,” Telltale told IGN. “We expect to have an official announcement regarding both of their first episode release dates very soon”

Tales is still coming first. I'm guessing either the 25th (maybe at the event they'll announce it'll be available the following day?) or at the latest the 2nd of December.

• FIRST TIME I SAW GAMEPLAY! :O

Tales from the Borderlands - Behind the Scenes video

• Always with the cliffhanger endings. :P

• I like that Fiona and Rhys have different timers for choices.

• I Agree.... it sounds weird to me... i wont watch though, i pre-ordered it. so i wont be spoiled. :) i hope we can play before all the spoilers comes out regarding the live stream and all :/

Mary5 posted: »

Like many people here, I don't understand Telltale's marketing strategy.Allowing a live stream of the full first episode before anyone had t

• sometimes, i dont think they actually care;p lol. good for them! but i wont be happy for the game being spoiled for me. because i pe-ordered it just to avoid people spoiling everything! those are the worst.

I don't understand it either, I wish Telltale would explain why they made this marketing strategy. I'm pretty sure the game is already done from most of the tweets.

• some people dont care. they just spoil everything, everywhere! and alot of times like in TWD season 1! they spoiled what happened in the end! and it threw me off and i didnt care about the ending... just because some people decided that it was ''FUNNY'' :) it pisses me off! not cool...

How about everyone complaining about spoilers should just... not... watch the live stream...

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It was cool to see some brief gameplay and UI, hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer.

• Trailer song name please?

• oh God wiki says it will be released on Christmas day

• I don't think Telltale works on Christmas. Besides, since both GOT and TFTB are coming this year, with TFTB first, it wouldn't make sense to release it on Christmas day, especially due to episode 1 being live streamed on Twitch on the 24th of November.

NukemDukem posted: »

oh God wiki says it will be released on Christmas day

• Awesome video. Watching this has made me increase my hype levels. I so cannot wait!

• You trust the wiki that anyone can change?

The TWD wiki once changed Jane's name to "Heartless bitch" or something like that.

• Never trust a wiki for a Telltale game that's not even out yet. They just spout worthless fake release dates and info.

• You're pretty much suggesting not coming here on forums, not seeing Twitter or anything related to Telltale, yet you don't understand his purpose.

Yes, people who don't like being spoiled can avoid everything related to Telltale, but these people don't want to, because they still wish to follow what's going on and be updated (and maybe come on here to discuss? people like things you don't like). It annoys people that like coming here to discuss and see news, because they're afraid of getting spoiled.

So yes, this marketing shit is fucking stupid.

LineLiar posted: »

I've been able to not hear about Telltale Games and any of their games until June this year, no spoilers for anything and everything, didn't

• On steam it said 25 november 2014, but a few hours later they wrote just november 2014. The same happened for Game Of Thrones - 2 december 2014 and a few hours later they wrote december 2014

• For some reason, I was thinking the stream was on Tuesday, as that's when Telltale normally releases games/episodes to my knowledge. But it could be they're releasing on a Monday as well in conjunction with the stream. I'll be surprised if they don't anyway.

But no biggie really. Just avoid forums etc. if it bothers you.

• I know I'm a little late on this, but I finally got around to looking at the trailer for this game. I haven't really played any of the borderlands games and don't know much about it, but from what I saw in the trailer, it looks pretty damn good. I will be checking this out once it's released, even though I doubt I'm gonna be able to actually play it myself, I'll be checking out a couple of playthroughs.

• A very large majority of Telltale's games are designed to be friendly to newcomers of the source material. Just about every Telltale game I've ever played has been my introduction to a franchise and I've done fine. As a matter of fact, developers have even posted on the forums reassuring us that this is the case for Tales from the Borderlands as well, so you have nothing to worry about. :)

lilbit903 posted: »

I know I'm a little late on this, but I finally got around to looking at the trailer for this game. I haven't really played any of the borde

• Something as huge as Fables was beautifully told in TWAU and i had no problems understanding it thanks to telltale. I'm sure it's gonna be okay.

lilbit903 posted: »

I know I'm a little late on this, but I finally got around to looking at the trailer for this game. I haven't really played any of the borde

• Well alright then, I look forward to it :)

A very large majority of Telltale's games are designed to be friendly to newcomers of the source material. Just about every Telltale game I'

• Yea I'm sure it's gonna be good since it's from telltale.

ata95 posted: »

Something as huge as Fables was beautifully told in TWAU and i had no problems understanding it thanks to telltale. I'm sure it's gonna be okay.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.