Walking Dead: Days of Regret (Interactive Story)

edited December 2015 in Forum Games

So, I've started on a new story, but this time, it's interactive. The way I'm writing this is by (if you want) posting an Episode that introduces the character's start in the ZA (please be specific). If you'd prefer to have any characters you may submit have a mysterious background, then please say so.

Please make a name, age, gender, skills, personality, backstory (optional), and relationships for any characters.

Characters so far:

Linda

Matt

Raven

Hugo

Blake

Dominic

Cole

Alice

Maya

Comments

• Chapter one- Julia

Julia was happy. Her brother Anthony was leaving for the University of Georgia, which meant that Julia could invite her boyfriend to live with her. As much as Julia missed having Anthony's company, he was a jerk. She had no clue as to why she had loved her brother. He was always a jerk to her, insulting everything she liked. Being older gave him no right to be a pain. The nights that he came home drunk were the worst. By morning, she would always have a bruise somewhere. A constant insult was about how much mascara she had on at one time. One night had completely abolished those feelings of hatred towards Anthony. He had taken a beating because his friends had been hateful towards Julia. She loved him for it, and made sure that they always agreed with each other after that. The day he left was cheerful and full of laughs. Julia had always been hoping that the day would go on forever, but that was impossible.

When she woke up the next morning, her neighborhood was dead silent, and her brother was gone. Julia looked around her room, seeing posters of various teenage movies.

'Wow, I sure am a fangirl,' Julia thought. She pushed her blue comforter and blankets down the bed, and leapt on to the floor.

"Ouch!" She yelled. Though she had landed on her knee, she felt something protruding out of her leg. She reached down to her leg, feeling a sharp object imbedded in her leg, and blood running down it as well. Julia attempted to stand up, but fell on her back. When she sat up, she took in her surroundings. A lamp had been smashed near her bed, and her door was boarded up. She saw blood near the door, and realized that it was not her own. Before standing, she thought about removing the object, but decided to wait until she found her brother. Julia limped towards the door, searching for any clues of her brother. Knowing the boards had been placed there for a good reason, Julia put her ear against the door. She heard incessant moaning.

"Aaaaaaak. Graaaaaaahhhhhk!" The moaning continued. Julia backed away from the door, alarmed by the moaning. She felt something brush against her ankle.

"Julia," a voice said. She turned around and faced her dying brother.

"Anthony! What happened to you?" She asked. He only shook his head.

"I'm dying. Someone shot me," he said.

"But, I didn't hear anything!" Julia replied.

"It happened on the way to the University. Some weirdo shot me for no reason. In retrospect, it was understandable. The Dead are walking around eating people, and they just don't stop!" Anthony whispered, "You need to get out of here. I've- I've got no time left. Wait, what happened to your leg?"

"I fell on something," Julia reassured him.

"You need to find someone that can help you. I can't help you. For now, take it out of your leg as a weapon and then. Leave through the window, and don't come back! This seems crazy, I know, but it's true. Survive, Julia, survive!" Anthony said, and slumped over.

"No! Stop it!" Julia screamed. She shook her brother repeatedly, hoping to make him stop acting. When she checked his pulse, she realized he was telling the truth. Julia walked to the window, sobbing uncontrollably. She felt dead and useless. She had failed her brother, and he had died because of it. Julia opened the window and began to climb out.

"Graaaaaaak!" Her brother yelled. Julia quickly turned around, expecting to see her brother healthy, but instead saw him as a monster. He lunged at her, trying to eat her. Julia slapped him and kicked his knee. Anthony toppled to the floor, and crawled after her. She screamed in horror at her new adversary, and turned to face him. In her hands was the shard of glass that had pierced her right leg. She brought it down into her former brother's skull, and watched his corpse slowly die. Julia made no attempt to retrieve the shard, and walked out of the window. She stood on the rooftop of her room, and let her long, blond hair flow in the wind. Julia was alive, and that was all that mattered to her.

• Chapter two- Linda

“BLAM!” The gun fired. The victim slumped over, blood trailing down his car.

The dark, damp road was only illuminated by the vacant car headlights. The wind was howling more fiercely than a wolf, and the moon shining brighter than a lamp. Linda stood in the wind, waiting to die.

“Y-you psycho bi-. I have a sister!” the victim yelled.

Linda frowned. She hadn’t expected the guy to die yet. Linda would’ve preferred the guy to attract the attention of nearby monsters, but she now had to run.

Suddenly, a nearby car sprang to life. The engine roared in fury, eager to taste blood. The car spun around, heading away from Linda. Obviously, the guy made it into a car. Linda realized she needed to head back to the compound.

“Uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg. Graaaaaaaag!” the monsters screamed, out for blood.

“Shit,” Linda whispered. She ran towards the large, dead hill ahead of her. The group had warned her that going out now would get her killed, and now she would pay for ignoring them. Though she could not see the monsters, Linda knew they were pursuing her.

“AH!” Linda yelled, falling to the ground. A monster had grabbed her ankle, and was going to devour her. She tried to push the thing off, but it was climbing on top of her. When the thing edged its’ head towards her neck, she tried to reach for her gun. The thing had an odor, more noticeable because of its’ proximity to her. The foul breath of a dead human blasted into Linda’s face. Linda began to put all her strength into pushing the monster off, to no avail.

“BANG!” a gunshot rang out, bullet piercing the monster’s skull. Linda looked around for her savior, and saw a familiar face: Gary.

“Gary! Thank you,” Linda said.

“No problem. Let’s just get back inside,” Gary replied. The duo raced up the hill, intending to escape the horde. They finally reached the base, and Gary knocked on the door for entry. Linda looked up at the sign above the door.

‘Save-lots,’ Linda thought, and the door opened.

• edited December 2014

this seems like it'll be a good story, I'll submit a character

Name: Matt Kutcher

Appearance: Brown Nathan Drake like hair, Johnny Depp like beard. Wears a grey hoodie (wears the hood on his head usually) and black jeans

Skills: Can fight well, has some kind of medical knowledge, can open locked doors

Personality: Very agressive/douche to those he doesn't know. If you get to know him, he's actually pretty cool and funny guy.

Backstory: He was a guard at a prison before the shit hit the fan. He never has had so many friends, so his family was important to him. When the zombie apocalypse began, his family died. After that he was on his own for a long time, until he found this girl called Sora. He got to know her and they became very good friends, until one night Sora stole all of his supplies and left. After that Matt's been really careful with meeting new people.

• edited December 2014

So far this story is very interesting, I will try to create some characters and follow the story. Do you have some kind of character you want?

UCAAV29784 posted: »

Chapter two- Linda “BLAM!” The gun fired. The victim slumped over, blood trailing down his car. The dark, damp road was only illuminat

• Name: Polly Farell

Apperance: brown short curly hair , green eyes , caucasian , 5,1 feet tall

Skills: Outsmart people

Personality: Agressive , Overprotective , Friendly , Smart

Backstory: She is the mother of Jaylen and Gina

Name: Gina Farrell

Personality: Nervous , Shy , Funny

Skills: Run

Apperance: brown long heddle hair , blue eyes , caucasian , 3.9 feet tall

Backstory. She is Polly´s daugther and Jay´s sister. She thinks that walkers are normal people

Name: Jaylen Farrell

Personality: Rude , Dumb , Talkative

Skills: Not well fighter

Apperance: red short heddle hair , blue eyes , caucasian , 4,3 feet tall

Backstory: He is Polly´s son and Gina´s brother

• Nope. Any character is fine.

TheUnkGuy posted: »

So far this story is very interesting, I will try to create some characters and follow the story. Do you have some kind of character you want?

• Is the backstory unknown?

supersagig posted: »

Name: Polly Farell Age: 36 Gender: Female Apperance: brown short curly hair , green eyes , caucasian , 5,1 feet tall Skills: Out

• Next chapter: Matt's story.

finlander posted: »

this seems like it'll be a good story, I'll submit a character Name: Matt Kutcher Age: 31 Gender: Male Appearance: Brown Nathan

• Do you accept a 5-10 survivors group?

Nope. Any character is fine.

• More like 3-5.

TheUnkGuy posted: »

Do you accept a 5-10 survivors group?

• Chapter 3- Matt

"CLICK," the lighter came to life. Matt brought the cigarette to his lips, savoring the feeling of joy it brought him. He stood outside of the Prison, tired from work. All in all, it had been a quiet day. None of the inmates had tried to attack the guards. Matt hated the media, and the feeling of being criticized for using force against inmates. They tried to kill each other, and would attack guards.

"Why should they get the pity?" Matt muttered, "it's not like they're innocent. The government sends them here to be punished; they're monsters."

"Ranting again Matt?" Clark, a fellow guard, asked.

Matt turned around to face Clark, "Yeah. My family's been telling me to leave this place, but I can't. If no one checks these guys, the world would be a lot more dangerous."

"I understand. Well, time to go home, eh? See you tomorrow!" Clark turned around to leave.

"Wait, Clark. Who's that new inmate coming tomorrow? I know he's a professor, but what's his name?" Matt asked.

"Oh, him? His name is Lee Everett," Clark said, and got in his car.

Matt entered his own car, and turned the ignition. The car wouldn't start, and he was alone. Checking the fuel gauge, Matt realized that he was out of gas. He hadn't noticed it before because of all the excitement about the new inmate Lee Everett. Everyone had been preparing for his arrival tomorrow, so Matt had ignored his fuel gauge. He took the keys out, and stepped out of the car. With no options left, Matt began the five mile walk home. The road was dark and quiet, crickets chirping in the background. The cold made Matt want to close his eyes.

After an hour, Matt knew he had less than a mile to go. He quickened his pace, wanting to inform his family of the delay.

"BANG!" multiple gunshots rang out in the distance. Matt grabbed his baton. He had forgotten to store it at the prison, but he was glad he had forgotten. Matt raced up to his neighborhood, and saw his wife and children in the street. His wife, Marcia, had her gun, and was shooting at their neighbors.

"Marcia! Stop!" Matt yelled. His daughters, Sophie and Cindy, were clinging to their mother. Once they heard his voice, they raced over to him.

"Daddie!" They yelled in unison. Before they reached him, they heard their mother screaming. Sophie and Cindy looked between their parents, trying to decide who to go to. Ultimately, they raced towards their mother.

Matt ran towards Marcia and the girls, but saw what happened too late. Their next door neighbor, Lawrence, was trying to kill them. Lawrence took a bite out of Marcia's neck, and when he saw the children, he did the same to them.

"No!" Matt screamed. He swung his baton into Lawrence's face, and didn't stop until he was sure Lawrence was dead. He reached for his family, cradling them in his arms. Matt cried and cried for a long time.

It was dawn now, and Matt saw Lawrence's face. It was unlike any he'd seen before. Lawrence's flesh was grey and peeling off. He smelled like a dead person, but it was too early for the smell. Matt looked down at his family, and saw that they looked the same. He dropped them and retrieved Marcia's gun. Standing up, Matt looked around. He was surrounded by people who looked like Lawrence, and they were looking at him........

• . Yes :P

Is the backstory unknown?

• Okay. I'd say after a few more characters, I will go to the next episode.

. Yes :P

• I will make 2 more :P

Okay. I'd say after a few more characters, I will go to the next episode.

• edited December 2014

Name: officer Felix Davis

Skills: feild training and survival knowledge

Personality: wants to keep people alive by any means necessary, dose not compromise

Background: Born to a family known for drug addictions, Felix had to find a way to rise above it. He worked to change the way he live, he had to protect himself and often found himself protecting those who couldn't protect themselves. I only seemed natural for him to become an officer, to protect the community.

Name: Dr. Hugo Davis

Skills: medical knowledge

Personality: kind and caring.

Background: Hugo became a paramedic so he could save lives, but he never takes the credit. Felix's brother.

• Name: Zafir Elverson

Personality: Crazy , Insane , Maniac , Smart , Agressive , Phsyco , Angry

Apperance: grey very very very short hair , blue eyes , caucasian , 5,3 feet tall

Skills: Kill and Fight

Backstory: He was a normal guy with wife , son and daugther , but when the ZA started all changed. He became more and more crazy. He tortured and make the walkers eat the bandits that killed and raped his wife (Mellisa) and his daugther (Nina) . His son escaped from him. He made a community in a mall and most of the people respect him. He was a firefighter before the ZA

Name: Blake Keith Elverson

Personality: Nervous , Shy , Smart , Lonely , Thoughtful , Friendly. He like tech stuff and comics

Apperance: black short heddle hair , brown eyes , caucasian , 4,5 feet tall

Skills: Think

Backstory: He was with his family when the ZA started (in a picnic) but his mother and his sister got captured , raped and killed by bandits. His father found them and tortured and killed the bandits. He escaped from him

• Hmmmmmm. First name is too familiar. :)

Joking.

mr.quality posted: »

Name: officer Felix Davis Age:27 Skills: feild training and survival knowledge Personality: wants to keep people alive by any means

• Will think of a story tomorrow. Really tired now.

Name: Zafir Elverson Age: 41 Gender: Male Personality: Crazy , Insane , Maniac , Smart , Agressive , Phsyco , Angry Apperance: g

• Its my favorite name to use. :)

Hmmmmmm. First name is too familiar. Joking.

• edited December 2014

Chapter 4- Felix

Chapter 5- Zafir

I will make 2 more :P

• Awesome!

Chapter 3- Matt "CLICK," the lighter came to life. Matt brought the cigarette to his lips, savoring the feeling of joy it brought him. He

• Chapter 4- Felix

"Officer Davis! We've got a home invasion over at Fifty-sixth. Head over there immediately," the radio buzzed.

Felix stepped on the gas, performing a U-turn to reach Fifty-sixth. He turned the siren on, and was happy to see all oncoming traffic pull over. The life of a cop was not an easy one, but Felix liked to help those in need.

When Felix pulled in front of the only house with a broken door, he realized how bad the home invasion was.

"I'm gonna need backup at 1742 Fifty-sixth!" Felix spoke into the radio, "Get me an ambulance as well!"

"Roger that," the voice on the radio spoke.

Felix took off into the house. He drew his gun just in case of an emergency. The house was lit up like it was Christmas, and the windows were stained glass. Felix had no idea why, but he ignored that for now. Many pictures of the family's son (that's what Felix guessed) were lying on the floor, cracked open. A small blood trail led into the living room. Felix poked his head into the living room, but saw no one there. Continuing to follow the blood trail, Felix walked up some very nice wooden stairs. The family that owned this place had money. He reached the only room on the second floor. Inside, Felix found a man had a knife in his skull, and the kid in the photos. The poor kid had taken out the intruder, and was scared.

The kid noticed Felix and screamed, "Stay away from me! Don't kill me. Please don't kill me."

"I'm here to help. I'm a cop. I just called for an ambulance, and you're going to be okay," Felix said, edging closer to the kid, "What's your name? Mine is Davis. Felix Davis."

"My name is Thomas, but everyone calls me Tom," Thomas replied with a smile.

"Did you do this to the man?" Felix asked.

"He-he tried to eat me. Started trying to bite my neck, but he never touched me," Thomas said.

"Whose blood was that?"

"It was his. He impaled himself on some debris."

Felix reached over to check out Thomas to see if he was wounded. When Felix found nothing, he calmly sat beside Thomas until the ambulance arrived.

"Thomas, you're going to spend the night in the Hospital to see if you're alright. Please tell your parents for me." Felix told Tom as the paramedics arrived. Thomas was put on a stretcher.

"Felix," a familiar voice spoke. Felix turned around an saw his brother Hugo.

"Hugo!" Felix said. The brothers embraced, having not seen each other in a while. "How have you been?"

"I've been better. Work has been stressful lately. Home invasions are common nowadays, but every patient we've brought in today has died. So many children-" Hugo began to say.

"Graaaaaaaag!" a voice screamed.

"Felix! HELP!" Thomas yelled. Felix burst through the door, and saw something one could describe as "Unholy." A vast number of monsters were surrounding the ambulance.

Felix immediately pulled out his gun and confronted one of the monsters. When it saw him, it tried to eat him.

"Get off of me!" Felix screamed, struggling to push off the thing. He looked it in the eye, and almost puked. The thing was a dead human being. Felix pulled out his gun and shot it. The other dead humans faced him, attracted by the noise. They began to advance.

Felix noticed an empty stretcher in the sea of Dead humans. He also saw a teenager running for his life. Relieved, Felix and Hugo retreated into the house. Though they struggled, they ultimately were able to barricade the front door.

"What now?" Hugo asked in desperation.

"We get the hell out of this house. I saw a back door. Let's go, Hugo!" Felix said.

The two brothers opened the back door. Seeing no sign of zombies, they left the house.

• Chapter 4 out now.

Its my favorite name to use.

• Chapter 4 out now.

finlander posted: »

Awesome!

• Amazing!!!

Chapter 4- Felix "Officer Davis! We've got a home invasion over at Fifty-sixth. Head over there immediately," the radio buzzed. Felix

• Great job!

Chapter 4- Felix "Officer Davis! We've got a home invasion over at Fifty-sixth. Head over there immediately," the radio buzzed. Felix

• Awesome!!!

• edited December 2014

Chapter 5- Zafir

Linda and Gary entered the Save-lots. Everyone was happy to see her alive. Zafir was not happy. She was one of the murderous bandits who had taken them hostage. Zafir intended to kill them.

"What's the matter, boy?" a woman named Jolene asked, "Too scared of them Walkers out there? When we're done with y'all, we're throwin' you out." Jolene walked away, heading for her daughter Danielle.

Zafir looked for his son Blake. When he saw him, he contemplated his plan. These psychos raped and killed his Wife and Daughter. He had every intention of murdering them. His years of firefighting taught him to swing an axe. That would get those Walkers in here.

A different Linda picked Zafir up, cutting his bindings off.

"You're going to cut us some firewood. Then-then you have little use to us. Try to run and your kid dies. Just like your wife and child," the other Linda said. She pushed him out of the store, but not before giving him an axe.

Zafir reached the back of the store and quickly made sure part of the wall was weak. He stepped away from the Save Lots.

"HELP ME!" He yelled. Sure enough, some bandits came running to help him. He did not know their names, but that didn't stop Zafir from putting an axe through one of their skulls. Blood splattered onto his body. Reaching for the bandit's gun, Zafir crippled all of the bandits outside. Using some rope he found on the same bandit, Zafir tied the bandits together, pulling them into the Save Lots. It was empty except for his son. He pulled the bandits over towards the weak wall.

"You're free, Blake. Help me with these freaks!" Zafir yelled. Blake made no move to help.

"Let us g-" a bandit said, having been smashed by Zafir's hand.

Zafir grabbed an old hatchet from a nearby shelf.

"Scream or die," he spoke softly. When no one did, he drove the hatchet into the nearest bandit's leg.

"Aaaaaaaaag! Fuuuuuuuuuu-" the bandit screamed in pain. Blake looked on horrified.

"Graaaaaaaaagk!" Walkers yelled. The nearby Walkers broke through the wall and reached for the bandits.

"Help!" They screamed. Zafir only helped push them to the Walkers.

"Kill this one, Blake!" Zafir yelled. Facing his son, Blake saw the insanity of his father. He ran out of the Save Lot, into the dark rain. Zafir made no attempt to follow. He only cackled as the bandits were slowly devoured....

• Chapter 6- Jakeline

Jakeline stood, watching her son Phillip attack a dummy. He had never killed a Walker, but he was certainly motivated to. Fred, on the other hand, was out scavenging for supplies. A week had passed since the dead came back. Fred was only tolerable to Jakeline; nothing more, nothing less.

"Help me!" an unknown person screamed. Jakeline whistled to her son, and watched him lay flat. She picked up her rifle and saw a teenager being pursued. She quickly fired shots, dispatching the Walkers. "Thank you!" The teen said, having reached the base.

Phillip stood up, and greeted the stranger, "Hi. I'm Phillip. What's your name?"

"I'm Thomas. Who's your mom?"

"Oh her name is-"

"Who the hell is this?" Fred yelled, having arrived back.

"Fred! Calm down. This is Thomas, we just saved him," Jakeline said.

Fred calmed down considerably, then addressed Thomas, "Hey, kid. Sorry about that. What's your story?"

"I was attacked in my home by one of those things. An officer named Felix killed one, and it gave me enough time to escape. I don't know what happened to him, but if he sacrificed himself-" Thomas tearfully said.

"It's okay, Thomas. We've all been through hell," Fred told Thomas.

"BANG!" a shot rang out.

Fred toppled for cover, and Thomas cocked his gun.

"Don't even try it lady! I will end you and your son! Just give me enough supplies, and I'll let you live!" The shooter demanded.

"Not happening, Asswipe!" Thomas yelled, and shot at the stranger.

"You just shot at me. Time to die. I gave you all plenty chance, but you're fucked now," the stranger said. He rose high out of cover and shot Jackeline in the leg.

"Aghhhhhhh!" she yelled.

"Graaaaaaal!" a Walker yelled. It reached for the gunman's neck, and took a bite out of him. The stranger had no time to react, and collapsed.

The group entered the base, getting into an old Motorhome.

"Are you okay?" Everyone asked Jakeline.

"I'll be fine; just drive," Jakeline replied.........

• Chapter 7- Decisions, Decisions

The horde of dead humans looked at Matt. He was tenser than he'd ever been. The first of them began to march towards Matt in a slow, but curious pattern. Matt aimed his gun and put his finger on the trigger.

"BANG!" another gun fired, and the Walker died on top of Matt. The completely dead thing began to bleed all over Matt's clothing. He quickly squirmed from its' weight and stood up. The Walkers were completely ignoring him. One even brushed past him without caring.

"Dude, come here now. Make sure you don't panic," someone advised. Matt slowly and carefully edged his way out of the horde. When he had advanced far from them, two men introduced themselves.

"Who the hell are you two?" Matt angrily asked.

"Hey. Calm down. I'm Felix, and this is my brother Hugo," Felix introduced.

"How'd you pull that off?" Hugo asked.

"Pull what off? They just ignored me," Matt replied.

"They usually eat people, so why not you?" Felix said.

"I'm right here!" Matt thought about all that had happened. "Maybe it was that thing's blood. It covered me, so maybe those things operate based on smell. What exactly are they anyway?"

"Those are dead humans who came back. All they do is eat people. You're lucky to be alive," Hugo said.

Matt looked down sadly, thinking of his lost family.

"What's wrong? Did you lose some family back there?" Felix asked.

"My wife and daughters. It was horrible. I was holding them until a few minutes ago; then I realized what looked wrong with them. How do these things spread?"

"Being a doctor, I noticed that when a person dies in any way, they come back like that," Hugo replied.

"We need to get away from this! I just want to leave this city, maybe even the country," Matt said.

"A boat? We're better off moving where we can kill them easier. The whole world could've been hit. If we try to go towards a state with a large altitude, we can manage better," Felix said.

"So, what states?" Hugo asked.

"Probably either Alaska, or Wyoming. What do you guys think?" Matt asked.

[Alaska] [Wyoming]

Your choice......

• One more chapter, then end of Episode 1.

I will make 2 more :P

• Alaska , always Alaska

Chapter 7- Decisions, Decisions The horde of dead humans looked at Matt. He was tenser than he'd ever been. The first of them began to ma

• When Polly´s family will appear? :P

• Alaska :]

Chapter 7- Decisions, Decisions The horde of dead humans looked at Matt. He was tenser than he'd ever been. The first of them began to ma

• Soon. Remember, first episode is how they started in ZA. You said backstory was a mystery, so I didn't include them in episode 1.

When Polly´s family will appear? :P

• Cool!

Chapter 6- Jakeline Jakeline stood, watching her son Phillip attack a dummy. He had never killed a Walker, but he was certainly motivated

• Alaska! Always boats somewhere in Alaska.

• Chapter 8- Winter's Wrath

Zafir was walking. He had many different weaponry strapped to him, all of the guns had enough ammo, and the blades were sharpened. Though Blake had left, Zafir no longer cared. Blood of the innocent is what he now craved.

A sudden rustle alarmed Zafir. He quickly drew his gun near the sound.

"Woah, shit! Don't kill me!" a young girl said, arms in the air.

"You! I WILL kill you! Get on the ground, NOW!" Zafir yelled, having recognized Linda, "You rapist! I've got a special weapon for you." Zafir pulled out a large shotgun and aimed for Linda's skull.

"BANG!" Zafir fell over from a shot out kneecap.

"I may have been with them, but I am not a rapist. I am also not a murderer. THIS is why you're not going to die. Fuck you, you asshole!" Linda yelled, walking away.

Zafir struggled to his feet. He needed to reach a place of safety. After a long walk, he saw an abandoned mall.

'Perfect,' Zafir thought.

[Meanwhile]

The old grocery store towered over the group. Felix, Matt, and Hugo stood in awe of the building.

"I can't believe this place is still standing," Matt said.

"What options do we have? Should we investigate this place? See if there's any supplies?" Hugo asked.

"Let's do it. I'm starving, anyway," Felix said.

The trio entered the store. Surprisingly, nothing was destroyed. The shelves were arranged low, filled to the brim with supplies.

"Jesus. This is amazing!" Hugo said.

"Matt, grab my bag and empty the shelves. Hugo, do the same with your own bag. I'm going to check the whole store, see if it's clear," Felix said.

Felix left them and moved around the store, gun raised. The store was clear so far.

"Is that- crying?" Felix muttered. He turned the corner and saw a young boy crying.

The boy looked up and addressed Felix, "Hey. Are you a cop?" the boy asked.

"I am. What's your name? Mine's Felix," Felix said.

"I'm Blake. What're your friends called?"

Hugo and Matt walked up.

"I'm Hugo, and this is Matt," Hugo said.

"What happened? How did you get here?" Matt asked, having had children of his own.

"My dad went insane, so I just ran. I ran from his insanity. He didn't even try to catch me," Blake said.

"Hey, it's alright. We all go a little mad sometimes," Hugo said.

"Heh, Psycho, right?" Blake asked.

"Yeah. Most kids wouldn't know about that," Felix said.

"I'm...... mature for my age," Blake replied with a chuckle.

"So, we're headed to Alaska. Want to join us?" Matt asked.

"Sure. Cold slows Walkers down," Blake said.

"We never knew that. Thanks, kid!" Felix said.

"We need to finish clearing out the store. Want to help?" Hugo asked.

"Yeah, let's go," Blake said, standing up to start helping.

[Elsewhere]

Julia had been walking for days. No rest, no help. Just the cold and deserted United States. She longed for company; for a group. Her blond hair was tied behind her back in a ponytail with small bangs. She had preferred to keep it that way to expand her field of vision. She also kept it that way to remember her older brother Anthony.

The cold was bitter, and a blizzard was slowly forming. What had previously been a road was completely covered in snow. An old Motorhome was pulled to the side of the road, and loud voices could be heard inside. A curious Julia knocked on the door.

The door opened, and a young teenager faced her, gun raised.

"Who are you?" the teen asked.

"I'm Julia, and I've been looking for a group," Julia said.

"Who's this?" a man asked,

"Her name is Julia. She says she's been looking for a group. It seems like she's been walking around in the cold for a while," the teen replied.

"Okay, Thomas. Let her in," The man said.

"Jakeline might not like this, Fred," Thomas said, "come in." Julia entered, and she met the rest of the group.

"Hello. My name is Phillip, and this is my mom Jakeline," the kid named Phillip said.

"We've been headed north to where it's cold. Would you like to join us?" Jakeline asked.

Julia pondered this and finally answered, "Yes."

[Meanwhile]

"Don't you fucking move!" a bandit yelled.

"Leave us alone. We don't need any trouble!" Felix yelled.

"You fuckers are dead! Make any move, and you die!" a different bandit yelled.

"We got you surrounded. There's nothing you can do!" another bandit yelled.

"No! Wait, what are you doing? Stop!" Blake yelled, "Felix, NO!"

"BANG!"

[Episode 1 end]

Next time.....

Blake: I can't believe he's gone.

Bandit: Shut up and get back to work! [Smacks Blake]

[A man rises, ready to attack]

Phillip: Julia. Are you sure this is a good idea?

[Julia stares down in sadness]

???: Now what the hell is going on here?

[Gunshot]

• Final chapter for Episode 1 out.

Alaska! Always boats somewhere in Alaska.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.