You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

-When you see sword fighting in a movie you wonder if they're going to insult each other with rhyimg comebacks.

-You cringe at the idea of Monkey Kombat

-You think Guybrush is a legit name for your first born son

(add some of your own!)

Comments

• edited September 2009
    - you know who Mancomb Seepgood is.
  • edited September 2009
    I was just about to post this thread today,hahaha but I thought it was already made long ago and someone would post the link and I'd look stupid.
  • edited September 2009
    Maybe there is and I just didn't see it!? Oh well! I hope someone posts a link so I can see. Haha.
  • edited September 2009
    - You name your cats Chuckie and Guybrush

- You're known as the 'Monkey Island kid'

- You have framed Monkey Island artwork on your desk

- You wake up disappointed at the lack of Monkey Island bedspread and matching alarm clock
  • edited September 2009
    -When you see sword fighting in a movie you wonder if they're going to insult each other with rhyimg comebacks.

-You cringe at the idea of Monkey Kombat

-You think Guybrush is a legit name for your first born son

(add some of your own!)

ehm what is wrong with naming my son Guybrush.....:confused:
  • edited September 2009
    - When you sing "A Pirate I was meant to be" in the shower.

- When you know ALL the extras available for the Sea Monkey.

Edit: I´ve remembered another one -> You say "Papapishu!" when you get hurt.
  • edited September 2009
    Whenever you see a skull, you automatically say "Murray?"
  • edited September 2009
    - you name your cats chuckie and guybrush

- you're known as the 'monkey island kid'

- you have framed monkey island artwork on your desk

- you always wanted a monkey island bedspread and matching alarm clock (seriously - how cool would that be?!?! - or is it just me?)

i'm known as the mi kid too!!!!
  • edited September 2009
    Eagle wrote: »
    ehm what is wrong with naming my son Guybrush.....:confused:

absolutely nothing. :cool:
  • edited September 2009
    You see a pointless item such as a wheel of cheese and think "Yep. I'm gonna need that."
  • edited September 2009
    - when you're beginning every conversation with "Foolish Mortal!!"

- when you're having the Voodoo Jazz theme as a ring tune..

- When you finally man yourself up to take the ultimate rollercoaster-ride at Disneyland, fully prepared the lava will turn you into a skeletal horde pirate!

- when you are dreaming about monkey pirates doing insult swordfighting with your parents.

- When you make a voodoo doll of your love-interest's boyfriend (with all the MI2 recipies), and then confront him with the doll and a sharp pin doing an endless evil laugh..

- When you feel like you've accomplished something extraordinary when you find a word that rhymes with "orange".
  • edited September 2009
    - You frighten your roommates by laughing hysterically at an injured dairy farmer
  • edited September 2009
    Friend: "So I was in town earlier... what's with the weird face?"

You: "Er nothing really; it's just you reminded me of this thing that happened in Monkey Island..."

Friend: "You and that game! So, anyway I asked Simon if he wanted to meet up but he said he was busy..."

You: "You know, that reminds me of a scene in Monkey Island where Elaine says she's washing her hair tonight..."

Ex-friend: I really don't care about Monkey Island.
  • edited September 2009
    - You were arrested for stealing "useful" objects from other peoples homes
  • edited September 2009
    - Your Facebook picture is of a Monkey Island character instead of you.
  • edited September 2009
    - You have a mad desire to hop on a plane just so you can hang out in the Monkey Island tiki bar.
  • edited September 2009
    - You collect potato chips that look like Monkey Island characters
  • edited September 2009

Ex-friend:

- You notice when things's names change and laugh about it.

Edit: Whoops! Didn't mean to put the thumbs down! Sorry!
  • edited September 2009
    - When you greet everyone with "Plunder bunny!"

- When you get out of awkward situations by shouting "Look, a three-headed monkey!"

- When you walk outside and wait for the map screen to appear.

- When your only comeback is "Yeah? Well you fight like a dairy farmer."

- When you get confused because your college majors don't include "Mighty Pirate".

- When you try to get a job by hiding a rat in vichyssoise.

- When you refer to root beer as grog.

- When you call the Pirates of the Caribbean theme park ride the Monkey Island theme park ride.
  • edited September 2009
    when you have monkey island theme as your cellphone ringtone (like me...)
  • edited September 2009
    Friend: "So I was in town earlier... what's with the weird face?"

You: "Er nothing really; it's just you reminded me of this thing that happened in Monkey Island..."

Friend: "You and that game! So, anyway I asked Simon if he wanted to meet up but he said he was busy..."

You: "You know, that reminds me of a scene in Monkey Island where Elaine says she's washing her hair tonight..."

Ex-friend: I really don't care about Monkey Island.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHA! That is SO GOOD!
  • edited September 2009
    - You collect potato chips that look like Monkey Island characters

Seriously!? I think you're my new best friend. hahaha :)
  • edited September 2009
    - When you get confused because your college majors don't include "Mighty Pirate".

"Hi my names Melanie and I major in Mighty Pirating"
  • edited September 2009
    -When you talk about Monkey Island to the point where your friendly co-workers aren't so friendly.
  • edited September 2009
    -When you convinced two people to get Tales of Monkey Island

-When you meet a fellow MI fan and both start talking obsessively about the game that you get people to walk away very slowly.
  • edited September 2009

I tried to do this, but stupid tracfone doesn't allow custom ringtones so i recorded it for nothing -_-
  • edited September 2009
    Shepard wrote: »
    -
    You say "Papapishu!" when you get hurt.

...ya got me. Guilty as charged.

-when you try to combine random items you have in your pocket, then give up and say "I can't use these things together."
  • edited September 2009
    -when you try to combine random items you have in your pocket, then give up and say "I can't use these things together."

or "Like oil and water"
  • edited September 2009
    -When you set your alarm clock to play the opening theme.

-When you get really hungry, you start to name off things you'd like and look around to see if they floated by.

-When your facebook status has read "You fight like a cow" through all of Talk Like a Pirate day.
  • edited September 2009
    When you gave your girlfriend a cursed diamond ring.
  • edited September 2009
    - When you make complex Monkey Island tributes monthly? ...:)
  • edited September 2009
    -when you don't release a game on the,,talk like a pirate day,,. Oh right that's the opposite sorry.
  • edited September 2009

So is having the MI theme tune as your ringtone a fairly common thing around here? It's been mine for a couple of years now...

- When you spend all of Sunday lunch sculpting your mashed potato into LeChuck's Fortress :o
  • edited September 2009
    This is one of the few fun threads on the board right now.
  • edited September 2009
    - When you make complex Monkey Island tributes monthly? ...:)

Monthly!?! Is there going to be another one next month? Pleeeeasse say yes :D
  • edited September 2009
    I check this everytime I get on the computer. It never fails to make me laugh. Also, everyone has MI ringtones! Mine has been Indiana Jones for too long! TIME FOR A CHANGE! :D
  • edited September 2009
    -You played the first chapter of TOMI the DAY IT CAME OUT even though you had just gotten 4 teeth pulled and your face felt like it just got hit by a truck
  • edited September 2009
    - When you can out-geek (and scare) a room full of D&D fans with your ability to remember the minutiae of the game to the point where they actually question whether you are a little 'too into' it
  • edited September 2009
    - When you can hold your breath for 10 minutes
    - When you break into various mansions looking for the Idol of Many Hands
  • edited September 2009
    - When it comes to leading the campfire sing-along you roll out a couple of ol' Monkey Island classics much to everyone's confusion and/or dismay

- You dress up as a pirate for ANY occasion

- You engage in long arguments revolving around whether 'Guybrush' is a real name or not with your classmates

- You regard SilverWolfPet and Majus as ABSOLUTE LEGENDS :D
    -You played the first chapter of TOMI the DAY IT CAME OUT even though you had just gotten 4 teeth pulled and your face felt like it just got hit by a truck

- You played the first chapter of TOMI the DAY IT CAME OUT even though you had just come back from a week of tallship racing and desperately needed a hot shower and warm bed... :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.