Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, GoT Edition

Comments

• Asher was going to die like this I guess, there was also lines of Rodrick talking about Gryff's eye, but I guess that got super removed.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1GAcUMLPh1m

• Wait, you can look at the choices on the website? How? Does it make a difference if you play on PSN?

Krapinka posted: »

Seems like Sera doesn't know, that her secret was revealed to Garibald. If it was, she just says, that he doesn't want to talk to her. Al

• We started this journey playing as three protagonists. And now, it will end with us playing as three protagonists.

And so far, Gared and Mira are the only two we've played as the most and has not had a determinant death yet.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

You just need to link your Telltale account when it asks you in the game when you want to look at the percentage of those choices.

Yaya1314 posted: »

Wait, you can look at the choices on the website? How? Does it make a difference if you play on PSN?

• I swear it was mentioned somewhere that Rodrik and Asher didn't get on..

Poogers555 posted: »

Telling Elena to care for the living causes Rodrick to say a list of people he cares for. He mentions basically everyone, including Mira, but not Asher.

• Maybe he meant 'cared for' in the sense of 'protection', and knew that his mother was perfectly capable of looking after herself.

He says Talia, Ryon, Mira and you (Elaena)... No Asher, but its not everyone... There's also no mom...

• My telltale account is linked but at the end of the game the percentage of the main choices show up not like the one you listed.

dojo32161 posted: »

You just need to link your Telltale account when it asks you in the game when you want to look at the percentage of those choices.

• I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that no one in game has called Elissa by her name, only by "Lady Forrester".

• Gwyn calls her "Lady Elissa" in Episode 4 when Rodrik goes to Highpoint. (Although the subtitles spell it "Elyssa".)

That1Guy posted: »

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that no one in game has called Elissa by her name, only by "Lady Forrester".

• Oh, alright, my mistake!

Gwyn calls her "Lady Elissa" in Episode 4 when Rodrik goes to Highpoint. (Although the subtitles spell it "Elyssa".)

• Gared's plot armor is simply too effective. We know the story wouldn't have us follow him through all that to die in the woods. Whenever I play Mira, I know she can die. Garred ? Man I'll do whatever I want because this armor is thicker than all them swords.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited July 2015

It's not in game, go to the games tab on this page, click Game of Thrones, click the sidebar on the left when it loads, hit episodes, hit whichever episode you want, then select choices and you'll get a list of minor choices.

Yaya1314 posted: »

My telltale account is linked but at the end of the game the percentage of the main choices show up not like the one you listed.

• No problem!

Oh, alright, my mistake!

• And in that rare moment of clarity, Neo realized he was still in the Matrix.

except this guy isn't even wearing a wig, he looks exactly the same in all scenes

• This is really weird and I don't know if this counts, but the guy who voices Arthur (Matt Littler) was in the same UK tv show Hollyoaks as the girl who plays Missandei (Nathalie Emmanuel) in the tv series of GoT! Just something small that made me happy when I found out.

He is pretty handsome and seems kinda badass... Btw. I'm a straight dude.

• Hollywood rules: if a character sacrifices himself, he's gonna kill alot of guy before dying.

They actually die faster and kill fewer Whitehill soldiers when they fight together. In fact you don't even get any control over them.

• Yeah, but he said Mira aswell, he can't really protector her. Iunno. I also found some unused audio of Rodrick saying he was glad he saw Asher, if you chose to let Rodrick die, but it was cut.

Flog61 posted: »

Maybe he meant 'cared for' in the sense of 'protection', and knew that his mother was perfectly capable of looking after herself.

• I did. This is called reverse bluffing. Ramsay can't decide who he'll marry, only his father can decide such a thing. Ramsay is a sadist, but he's also very clever, and I thought he'd respect that, showing that Rodrick can be at least as clever. Fighting fire with fire, I guess.

• These words are because we know Danny won't be here before a while, simply because we have a magic power to know the future. Malcom doesn't have such luck. :)

Wolf6120 posted: »

I told him knowing full well it would hurt his feelings. Serves him right for ditching us in favor of something that might be vaguely useful

• Yeah, got that scene at first... was too difficult to choose between two of my favorite characters and the timer ran out. They could have at least made one of them kill Gryff before dying, kinda how you can kill Ludd in Episode 4 if you choose to attack, then you die.

• edited July 2015

Apparently, Rodrik was also aware of the North Grove. If Duncan turns out to the traitor, you can also ask him about it and he'll say that the Whitehills never even heard of it and he kept the secrets that mattered.

• In the final scene, when Rodrik and Asher rush for the gate opening mechanism, Rodrik's sword sheath is empty- I assume he dropped the sword at some point in the fight. If you choose to leave Rodrik behind, it stays empty, all throughout the final dialogue from behind the gate- you can clearly see the empty sheath as he runs to the gate to say his goodbyes. Then the camera angle changes, and as he turns around, the sword is magically back in his sheath, ready for him to pull it out and make his last stand!

Yeah, this tiny oversight kinda ruined the scene for me a little.

• Well, considering it now looks like there will be war in the end either way, you may be right. Though I too have doubts they'd go so far into it.

Thats pretty interesting. Maybe they are nodding that you can't be nice and expect for negotiations to work all the time(Duncan), because th

• True, I suppose. But even if we didn't know that, and Dany made it back in a couple of months, what good would it be if we all die because Malcolm wasn't there to help? Every single man counts in the sort of fight that Forresters and Whitehills have going on, and Malcolm being in Westeros or Essos could make a huge immediate difference. No matter how long she takes, Dany's a long term investment which we may not be able to cash in on because of him.

Also, even without knowing the future, I'm sure he saw how self-righteous and unrelenting she is in those few days he spent with her. Not exactly the Queen to save a small house like ours.

ezay posted: »

These words are because we know Danny won't be here before a while, simply because we have a magic power to know the future. Malcom doesn't have such luck.

• Ah, right. He sold you out to the people who butchered his brother and niece and called you an incompetent idiot, but he's luckily above telling the Whitehills about the most essential secret of them all. Good thing, too, cause otherwise, Telltale might need to change the story branch to accommodate.

• I said it, I don't want to get stabbed through the jugular. Again.

I said it, I wanted to be hospitable.

• Rodrik doesn't use the Forrester Greatsword at the end of Ep5. You can tell because the grip and crossguard are different, as well as it having two small spikes just below the crossguard.

• I thought the traitor still cared for the house and just wanted Rodrik/Ethan out. So I assume Duncan still held hope for the North Grove to save them somehow, maybe. Possibly

Wolf6120 posted: »

Ah, right. He sold you out to the people who butchered his brother and niece and called you an incompetent idiot, but he's luckily above tel

• I noticed that too. But only after watching the final scene again. :P

Why would he use a different sword, and not the Forrester Great Sword?

• I'm guessing it's so the sword wouldn't be lost if you chose to sacrifice Rodrik.

I noticed that too. But only after watching the final scene again. :P Why would he use a different sword, and not the Forrester Great Sword?

• Elaena also called out "Lady Elissa" in Episode 4 after Rodrik and the Glenmores returned from the grove, and Lady Forrester informs Rodrik about Gryff and the Maester.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that no one in game has called Elissa by her name, only by "Lady Forrester".

• Oh thank you! I finally got it :)

dojo32161 posted: »

It's not in game, go to the games tab on this page, click Game of Thrones, click the sidebar on the left when it loads, hit episodes, hit whichever episode you want, then select choices and you'll get a list of minor choices.

• I was just curious...After Arthur's death, Elaena explains to Rodrik that she was there when Arthur first learned how to hold a bow...Does anyone think she might be capable of using a bow herself? Maybe she picked up a few skills from watching her brother train? I know it's not important, but I think it'll be pretty bad ass if she does.

• But then how did Lady Elyssa know Asher was on the boat and could not be warned?

Rodrik never gets the message from the raven... (Look outside of the window) Meaning the traitor got the message, told the whitehills and burned the message in the fireplace right?

• Damn it, why must TT cut all the good audio that can enhance the game all the time?!

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah, but he said Mira aswell, he can't really protector her. Iunno. I also found some unused audio of Rodrick saying he was glad he saw Asher, if you chose to let Rodrick die, but it was cut.

• That'll be cool to see. Elaena taking up arms after the loss of both her brother and fiancé. But I don't think telltale would go that route. Ever.

• In Episode 4 and 5, Rodrik uses a similar phrase.

To Ludd, if you call his bluff - "For all your bluster... all your posturing... You care about your son."

To Royland, if he's the traitor - "For all your council... all your talk... You're nothing but a fucking craven."

• edited July 2015

Does anyone with access to the texture files know if Malcolm's cool dragon-hilted sword has a name? It's unique to him as far as I'm aware.

Alt text

Also, apparently the town at the end of Episode 5 is White Harbor, which is featured in the books but hasn't been seen in the show.

Alt text

• Eh. They may have initially intended for it to be White Harbor but it most certainly wasn't. White Harbor is notably bigger and the Manderlys would have fucked everyone up the moment the Whitehills started something.

Does anyone with access to the texture files know if Malcolm's cool dragon-hilted sword has a name? It's unique to him as far as I'm aware.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.