Batman General Discussion Thread

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

They handled the death of Jason Todd and Dark Knight Returns faithfully, and both of those were really dark, so I doubt there's anything to worry about with The Killing Joke.

Ho, ho, there are much darker stories with the Joker than the Killing Joke that shall never get a true adaption to film (at least not anytim

• edited July 2015

they might skip Barbs getting Oracle'd, it's not excessively important to the story's main plot and would only attract unwanted attention

and maybe they'll give James a pair of boxers for his trip to the circus.

the rest isn't too dark iirc, suicide squad had people getting their heads exploded from the inside, under the red hood had people getting set on fire (plus smacky smacky fun fun with crowbar)

Wonder how dark they'll go...

• Not excited.

Seriously, it's like society's stuck on telling the same stories over and over again. We just got elements of the Killing Joke in Arkham Knight. We just had Hush/Knightfall/The Dark Knight strikes back all mined for film and cartoons.

I guess it's just the nature of comic books anyway. Franchises like those can't really grow.

• I would rather just read the comic to be honest, why remake perfection. It never works.

• A fair point.

Jennifer posted: »

They handled the death of Jason Todd and Dark Knight Returns faithfully, and both of those were really dark, so I doubt there's anything to worry about with The Killing Joke.

• that's true. i've seen games that come out to ps4 or xbox 360 at about 10GB. when they publish it in pc it becomes 40-50GB.

Dawnbreaker posted: »

Both. The worst thing is it will continue until PC gamers stop getting treated like third rate citizens in the gaming world by the major majority of triple A publishers.

• Even without all the PC errors, the gun has fundamental narrative and gameplay flaws. Still a good B Grade game. 8/10.

• edited July 2015

I'm guessing they're going to focus on the Joker's flashbacks/back story for the majority of the film, I doubt that they'll do more than allude to what happens to Gordon and Barbara. I just don't see them going all out after so many people had a meltdown over that variant cover.

I can't say I'm too excited about the movie tbh. It's not that I didn't love the comic, but there's just so many Batman animated movies out there already. I know this is probably going to be more of a Joker-centric movie, but he's still a Batman villain. I will definitely still watch the movie, but I would just like to see more movies featuring DC characters who aren't connected to Batman.

• Thread: Batman Arkham Knight

I have a dillema:
    I wanted to buy batman arkham knight for so long now and i think i found on internet promo version of game
    here is picture:
    http://www.kupujemprodajem.com/big-photo-23924442-1.htm
    this is ps4 version but i know only ps4 can have exclusive dlc like harley quinn and i need to know do you guys think that this game has also dlcs?
    even if it a promo(not for sale,but it indeed full game
    so please answer as fast as possible thx!!!!

• edited July 2015

Batman is an amazing character with some of the best story arcs I've ever read, but there's such a thing as too much of a good thing. If it's constantly just Batman and nothing else, people will eventually start to get bored of it. Some people are already starting to resent Batman a little bit because he ends up hogging the spotlight sometimes. I think other characters could be just as popular if they were given the chance.The Killing Joke will definitely be a really good movie, people have been begging for this story to be made into a movie for years.

I would love to see another Wonder Woman movie, I hope that her live action appearance will help boost her chances. A Green Arrow movie could be really interesting as long as it isn't influenced by the CW Arrow. CW Arrow is basically just Batman with a bow and arrow tbh.

I think it would be even cooler if we saw lesser known characters/teams get some spotlight ie; The Question, Constantine, Stargirl, Birds Of Prey, Captain Atom, Zatanna, Static Shock, and Booster Gold to name a few. I'd also personally like to see a proper Shazam movie, more Aquaman (since Throne of Atlantis was technically a Justice League movie), and a Green Lantern/Flash team up movie could be pretty cool too. Flashpoint Paradox was awesome, definitely one of my favorites as well. There are so many great movies that DC could be making other than Batman/Superman movies, and I honestly think those movies have the potential to do just as well as a Batman movie as long as they're given a good team of writers.

• Well it's by Bruce Timm, he made Batman The Animated Series and pretty much all of the old fantastic DC comics animated series, considering how he does like doing dark stuff and that he has gone on record to say that he would love to do a darker take on Batman (Not like TAS was light-hearted) I'm willing to bet this is going to be a fantastic adaptation, plus him being there most likely means Mark Hamill Joker and Kevin Conroy Batman, which is always good, he normally makes Batman more empathetic and kinder than other writers so I would love to see his take on Killing Joke.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a36V6oni9Mw

I can't wait I never read the comic as a kid in Ireland a comic book store is rare and hard to find but these videos helped me catch on on all the Batman comic book stories they are awesome

Not my fav batman comic but definitely a great comic and I can't wait to see the movie :)

• edited July 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD3AOv19fsw

Tinni did u see the deadpool leak? sorry for quality the proper trailer for this won't be released for weeks

Tinni posted: »

Batman is an amazing character with some of the best story arcs I've ever read, but there's such a thing as too much of a good thing. If it'

• I did, Ryan Reynolds is perfect as Deadpool, the trailer proves that. I'm definitely going to see this opening night.:)

Markd4547 posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD3AOv19fsw Tinni did u see the deadpool leak? sorry for quality the proper trailer for this won't be released for weeks

• Thread: What Batman Arkham Game is the Best?

enter image description here

Which Batman: Arkham game is the best? It's safe to say that Batman: Arkham Asylum exceeded all expectations when it released in 2009, and the aforementioned sequel received equally impressive praise. Many enjoy the original's more focussed narrative, while others feel that Arkham City hones what is already solid gameplay into something really special.

Of course, we've also got to consider Batman: Arkham Origins, the prequel which didn't have usual developer Rocksteady at the helm, and the perhaps overlooked Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate on the Vita. Meanwhile, the recently released Batman: Arkham Knight marks the caped crusader's first appearance on the PlayStation 4. Needless to say, the new-gen Batman was unsurprisingly lauded by critics, and we bet that many of you have it loaded onto your PS4 right now.
    It's a tough choice, then, but we're interested in seeing what you lot think. Is the original still the best? Did City overthrow it? Is Origins somehow your favourite, or has Knight beat its predecessors senseless?

Source:
    enter link description here

• Some say it's Assylum, some say it's City, some say it's Origins, while others Knight
    • Please also consider the gameplay, plot, etc. because graphicswise AK has advantage
  • edited August 2015

I've played all the arkham games except arkham knight.

City>Origins>Asylum

I believe arkham origins is very underrated. City had the best boss fights, combat and story in my opinion. Ras a gul, the joker, harley quinn, poison ivy, catwoman, cobblepot, mr.freeze, two face. Daymn, city was so enjoyable to play.

• Well to be honest I am not a big fan of Origins. I just...didn't like it.

While the rest of the Arkham game i love! I don't understand why Knight is getting hate, maybe because it shows more of the batmobile tank levels instead of batman himself. I on the other hand didn't mind the tank levels, but there were too much of them. But i still love the game.

I think Knight is the best one right now, but for everyone else, maybe Asylum and City will stay as the best.

• "maybe because it shows more of the batmobile tank levels instead of batman himself."

that's precisely what arkham gamers say they didn't like: they say it became a world of tanks game. idk if it's true, but i think angryjoe stated the disappointing battle with deathstroke was even mentioned by joker after slade gets in the prison cage.

Smellmeh posted: »

Well to be honest I am not a big fan of Origins. I just...didn't like it. While the rest of the Arkham game i love! I don't understand wh

• i also liked Origins. but i'm still to tryout City and see for myself which is better

Tolispro posted: »

I've played all the arkham games except arkham knight. City>Origins>Asylum I believe arkham origins is very underrated. City had

• Depending on what you want from a game, either Asylum or City.

Arkham Knight fell apart in gameplay and story. If Asylum and City are A+ games, Knight is a B+.

• I like City the most though never played Knight. I hear Knight is too Batmobile dependent.

• Knight would be the best if it wasn't so damn dependent on the Batmobile. Because of that, I'm going to go with City. I haven't had that much fun playing a game in years (I played the whole series recently).

• Yeah you're not the Batman in Arkham Knight, you're that Batmobile.

Knight would be the best if it wasn't so damn dependent on the Batmobile. Because of that, I'm going to go with City. I haven't had that much fun playing a game in years (I played the whole series recently).

• I didn't mind playing as the batmobile, but it would have been better if there were not so many of the tank levels.

But Knight is still one of my favorites and i still like city.

DAISHI posted: »

Yeah you're not the Batman in Arkham Knight, you're that Batmobile.

• I like all the Arkham games, but I think it's a tie between "City" and "Knight", though I have never seen it before.

• It's still a good game it's just too tank heavy.

Smellmeh posted: »

I didn't mind playing as the batmobile, but it would have been better if there were not so many of the tank levels. But Knight is still one of my favorites and i still like city.

• Haven't played Knight yet but it looks good. I like Arkham Origins the most though despite some parts that bugged me. The character designs were well done. Like the Joker in that one looked freaking awesome, his smile was actually frightening. I loved the atmosphere and story too. I can make a long post about it but that would take too long on the vita.

• Does that mean lesser beatdown Boss battles in ArkKnight?

Yeah you're not the Batman in Arkham Knight, you're that Batmobile.

• i also liked the origins boss fights. and idk if i watched the exact ArkKnight fight with deathstroke where it's a battle of tanks. i think the AOrigins duel with slade was better.

Haven't played Knight yet but it looks good. I like Arkham Origins the most though despite some parts that bugged me. The character designs

• All of the Arkham games are awesome in my opinion and unlike alot of people I actually loved the Batmobile in Arkham Knight, but I can get why people hated it.

I gotta say my favorites in order are probably:

Arkham City>>>>Arkham Knight>>>>Arkham Asylum>>>>Arkham Origins

• It means multiple tank battles where you keep hitting R2 to doge, over and over and over and over and over again.

Anonymer posted: »

Does that mean lesser beatdown Boss battles in ArkKnight?

• Can anyone who played Ark Knight please quantify how much of the Boss fights are

Tank Battles, Combat Battles, Predator Battles, Detective/Puzzles?

you can also just estimate by percentages (i.e. from what i've watched in teens react, one teen said tank battles is 60% of the game--but that's the whole game, idk about the Boss fights. i think firefly is a car chase, deathstroke is a tank battle)

It means multiple tank battles where you keep hitting R2 to doge, over and over and over and over and over again.

• I've only played City and Asylum and to be honest I liked Asylum way better, City was not bad but it was just too long for my tastes and the story was kind off all over the place, Asylum was simply more focused and besides the shitty boss battles it did what it did just right, no element ever overstayed it's welcome and each section was extremely well designed, while City was way longer and with a lot of filler, to be honest I was rather sick of everything in that game when I was done, so much so that I never even bothered finishing the Harley's Revenge DLC, which is probably why I didn't bother picking up the other two, like I said it's not bad by any means but I don't really have the time or patience for games of that length anymore, I mean I knew it was too long when every time there was a twist I was annoyed that the stupid twist was there and the game wasn't ending, still I liked the story and the ending but well whatever, I'm repeating myself.

• Tank: 60%
    Combat: 10%
    Predator: 20%
    Detective: 10%

That's just off the top of my head, but I think it's (sadly) accurate.

Can anyone who played Ark Knight please quantify how much of the Boss fights are Tank Battles, Combat Battles, Predator Battles, Detectiv

• Wow, the one thing i enjoyed in AO is only 10% in Arkham Knight. I enjoyed combats especially the challenges where you can perform a perfect freeflow (100 to 1)

Tank: 60% Combat: 10% Predator: 20% Detective: 10% That's just off the top of my head, but I think it's (sadly) accurate.

• Were there additional weapons in Arkham City?

kaleion posted: »

I've only played City and Asylum and to be honest I liked Asylum way better, City was not bad but it was just too long for my tastes and the

• edited August 2015

Quite a lot, but not enough to make combat varied enough, to be honest most of them are so situational that you forget they even exist in the first place, I did like that section when you use a sword but that happens once in the entire game and you cannot ever use it again.

Oh yeah, you also play Catwoman in the story mode, and Robin too but only on the DLC, each have their own moves and weapons, you can also play Nightwing but only on the challenge stages, shame because I liked playing Nightwing the most, it's not a bad game but the combat is too simplistic to not get boring considering how ridiculously long the game is.

Were there additional weapons in Arkham City?

• I taught city was the best I loved going around an open world not being locked in an asylum I enjoyed the story more and the ending was a masterpiece great twist :'/

Origins was a poor copy and paste

Knight was second for me but just to much bat mobile

• edited August 2015

How many bossfights are there in Ark Knight?

I taught city was the best I loved going around an open world not being locked in an asylum I enjoyed the story more and the ending was a ma

• I taught city was the best

I think you mean "thought".

I taught city was the best I loved going around an open world not being locked in an asylum I enjoyed the story more and the ending was a ma

Sign in to comment in this discussion.