Game of Thrones Season 2 Announced (Future news will be found at the new Pre-Season news thread)

Comments

• Didn't they say 2017 for this one?

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Well, there's still that Marvel series they haven't released yet.

• That was already announced for 2017

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Well, there's still that Marvel series they haven't released yet.

• edited November 2015

Well, true, but I know there's a few things Telltale have planned that we don't know about yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Nothox posted: »

Didn't they say 2017 for this one?

• I Can't wait for game of thrones season 2

• edited November 2015

And now our watch has started again.

• I know about that, but I don't want to replay the whole final episode just for that. Bah.

I think it's pretty stupid that sentinel's survival is based on whether you killed the traitor or not. It doesn't make sense.

I'm guessing he's a traitor for you? If you don't want him in the ending you can kill him in episode 5 and then you get the ending with Royl

• Why would they support Greyjoys after they attacked their liege lords Glovers and took Deepwood Motte? That would make no sense at all.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Am I the only one dissapointed that the Forresters weren't a sub-house or supporter of the Ironborn/Greyjoys? I mean, the whole story is

• We defientely need to start petition for bringing Stephen Dillane to game.

Cool. Please let me talk to Stannis. Make a survivor of the Battle of Ironrath join Stannis.

• I'm talking more about the name and that stuff, not really history.

I mean, Iron from Ice. Ironwood trees. It just seems like they would be akin to the Ironborn.

Why would they support Greyjoys after they attacked their liege lords Glovers and took Deepwood Motte? That would make no sense at all.

• My guess for telltales lineup in the near future

• 2014-15, Tales from the borderland, Game of Thrones season 1
    • 2015-2016, Walking Dead Michone, Minecraft Story mode
    • 2016-2017, Walking dead season 3, Game of thrones season 2
    • 2017-2018, Unnamed Marvel series, Tales from the borderlands Season 2
  • Gonna be a long wait, so I'm trying to hold everyone over with a good fanfic for season 2, check it out here: https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/102388/game-of-thrones-season-2-interactive-fanfic

• I'm guessing season 2 will be out in late summer of 2016 or the beginning of 2017.

• Pomysłowy nick, muszę przyznać. :D

PanJogurt posted: »

And now our watch has started again.

• Dziękuję :-D

Pomysłowy nick, muszę przyznać.

• To add to your list, Telltale have hinted that their first Super Show will also premiere next year.

Also, as I said in a previous post of mine, I think 2016 will be an interesting year. Usually (as of the last few years), when Telltale premieres two new series at the end of a year, they run into a good amount of next year as well. However, Minecraft is going by super fast and Michonne will be a shorter mini series with only three episodes, which would leave a lot of time to pass until the end of next year. Because of this, I think that we may either get some more content in the middle of 2016 once Minecraft/Michonne end, or we may have a new series premiere earlier in the year as opposed to us waiting towards the end of the year.

My guess for telltales lineup in the near future * 2014-15, Tales from the borderland, Game of Thrones season 1 * 2015-2016, Walking D

• From what I have been reading there plan is to relase walking dead season 3 first and after that game of thrones.

My guess is that since season one was announced back in December of 2013 and it released in December of 2014, I'm guessing we can expect a announcemeant in December of 2016 and season 2 will be released in December of 2017, so LET THE WAIT BEGIN!!

• edited November 2015

I WOULD LOVE THIS

Edit: I didn't mean for that to be in all caps, but it works anyway.

Gregor Forrester DLC any1?

• enter image description here

lupinb0y posted: »

The Wolf Among Us forum says hi.

• Agreed.

Brodester08 posted: »

I'm guessing season 2 will be out in late summer of 2016 or the beginning of 2017.

• I WOULD LOVE IT TOO!

AND ALL CAPS ARE AWESOME!

MR.TORGUE APPROVES!

I WOULD LOVE THIS Edit: I didn't mean for that to be in all caps, but it works anyway.

• I don't think they've said anything about it either way.

From what I have been reading there plan is to relase walking dead season 3 first and after that game of thrones.

• What is that thing please tell me my beloved Telltale didn't create that game.

• edited November 2015

LOL someone see's the actor in a supermarket and beheads him, such dark humour.

• That's Tales of Monkey Island. It was made by Telltale in 2009, a good while before they made the Walking Dead. Because they weren't super big from the Walking Dead yet, they obviously weren't able to have production qualities that were nearly as high. However, the game is still really good overall. If you liked the puzzles and hubs from Walking Dead: Season 1, their older games had much more puzzles and hub areas (although you didn't make choices to tailor the story).

NicWarden posted: »

What is that thing please tell me my beloved Telltale didn't create that game.

• This is blasphemy. It's honestly one of the best telltale games to date.

NicWarden posted: »

What is that thing please tell me my beloved Telltale didn't create that game.

• Is it really that hard to believe that Telltale has stepped up their game in terms of player decisions and determinant characters? Episode 6 was already very different for everyone, and it seems like Season 2 will respect a lot of the choices made in the first Season.

Most people seem to be stuck with the 'Telltale can't pull something like this of' way of thinking because in their previous games they didn't, when in reality it looks like a lot will change depending on what the players did. The negativity around this topic becomes quite sickening now tbh

Anyone who wants everything to change based on your decisions is just unrealistic. People are already complaining about waiting times, what will they do if they have to wait ten months for one Episode because Telltale respects every single choice you made? Not even games like Mass Effect do that, and they have a much larger development team and much greater funds than Telltale. It's simply not doable if you don't want to wait long for new Episodes. Sorry for the rant, but it's starting to get on my nerves now.

SpineLine posted: »

The questions left on the table at the conclusion of season one — who survived and who didn't — as well as all the other choices you made play a huge role in the second season.

• edited November 2015

Well, everyone, I'm downloading Iron From Ice as I type this, and I might get my hands on the other episodes soon. I'll give my thoughts on S1 eventually.

EDIT: Okay, finished it, it was enjoyable, but there wasn't any music when in the "ending" happened which more less took some of the drama away from the scene. Curses.

• Enjoy.

J-Master posted: »

Well, everyone, I'm downloading Iron From Ice as I type this, and I might get my hands on the other episodes soon. I'll give my thoughts on

• And let the waiting games.. begin.

This is going to be a looooong wait. Good luck everyone.

• From where? They have not planned it yet.

tyc1994 posted: »

That was already announced for 2017

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited November 2015

The blog post that announced the Marvel game said it is planned for 2017.

https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/94655/marvel-and-telltale-games-teaming-up-for-2017

AsheRodrik posted: »

From where? They have not planned it yet.

• The bacon shall pave the way for our season 2, we must believe!

• Thread: Season 2?

What do you think, will there be a second season? And what are you thinking will happend there? (with Mira, Gared, Asha/Rodrick)?

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Second season is confirmed.

• Were do you read it? And are there more information?

ArthurV posted: »

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

ArthurV is a Telltale staff member so he likely heard it directly from a staff meeting rather than reading about it :P

There is more information about season 2 in this article.

appelka posted: »

Were do you read it? And are there more information?

• Hope its about the Forrester too. Someone said that the story is about a new family

ArthurV posted: »

• I wouldn't be completely against a new family as long as they have a asset like Ironwood I liked the dealing with Ironwood plot story.

appelka posted: »

Hope its about the Forrester too. Someone said that the story is about a new family

• There are major cliffhangers in season and they said that they planned when they made this series to make a season 2 so I think the protagonists in season 2 will be the Forresters obviously.

• hope so

There are major cliffhangers in season and they said that they planned when they made this series to make a season 2 so I think the protagonists in season 2 will be the Forresters obviously.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.