Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• Kenny should have stayed dead in Season One.

• At least it was heroic

Kenny should have stayed dead in Season One.

• I think Sarah and Nick had potential and shouldn't have died. Characters with flaws and weaknesses are refreshing to me, I can relate to them more and they seem more "human".

Also, I like Season 1 more. Not sure if it's an unpopular opinion though.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

• I agree with all of this.

I think Sarah and Nick had potential and shouldn't have died. Characters with flaws and weaknesses are refreshing to me, I can relate to the

• I think Sarah and Nick had potential and shouldn't have died. Characters with flaws and weaknesses are refreshing to me, I can relate to them more and they seem more "human".

You have a point, this should have been popular

I like Season 1 more. Not sure if it's an unpopular opinion though.

It is

I think Sarah and Nick had potential and shouldn't have died. Characters with flaws and weaknesses are refreshing to me, I can relate to the

• I like Season 1 more. Not sure if it's an unpopular opinion though.

It is

Is it, really? Most people seem to think that Season 1 was better than Season 2.

AronDracula posted: »

• Why not? The story was well written, the choices do affect outcomes and dialogues and the ending was better than the actual endings of Season 2.

I like Season 1 more. Not sure if it's an unpopular opinion though. It is Is it, really? Most people seem to think that Season 1 was better than Season 2.

• You told @Nukey-Pookey that liking Season 1 more than Season 2 is in fact an unpopular opinion. That is what your comment says. If you meant otherwise, then I agree. It is not an unpopular opinion.

Why not? The story was well written, the choices do affect outcomes and dialogues and the ending was better than the actual endings of Season 2.

• Beth had a really good character development, until AMC decided to throw that away.

Isn't the point of the walking dead to build characters up and then to kill them?

Games * I personally enjoyed both Season 1 and Season 2. * I didn't even care about Kenny in Season 1, but in Season 2 I found him ann

• Seems to be, but it is counter productive because killing off people's favourite characters makes less people want to watch it. Although I guess the viewing numbers contradict that, so I guess most people don't care. From a storytelling perspective it is kind of pointless for a character to develop then immediately kill them off.

Flog61 posted: »

Beth had a really good character development, until AMC decided to throw that away. Isn't the point of the walking dead to build characters up and then to kill them?

• When you shoot someone in the head brain matter and blood splatters out. I understand it could just be that the animators didn't feel like doing two different models for her at the end, but just saying.

Thank you for the comment.

God bless you.

What evidence? I mean really, so your saying as lees blood didnt splatter all over her so she didnt shoot him? The game barely gave any char

• I know it could just be the animators not wanting to animate two different models of the hat at the end. It's always possible in these games that no one thought of it or someone didn't want to put it in there.

God bless you.

Deltino posted: »

"evidence"

• edited April 2016

Yellow eyes tends to be hepatitis I think. Well I found out that antibiotics can be used to treat the bite.

God bless you.

Bluebirdo posted: »

But even on the slim chance she did (which I don't believe anyway), Lee is still very dead. Bite, blood loss, infection, any one of those

• You're not alone with The Governor. Comic Gov was a fucking COWARD.

Games * I personally enjoyed both Season 1 and Season 2. * I didn't even care about Kenny in Season 1, but in Season 2 I found him ann

• The 400 days DLC wasn't useless to the overall plot of season two.

1. I think Kenny was 80% of the reason season 2 sucked. Not joking or exaggerating. I've never liked Kenny, but the moment he appeared almost the entire story became about him. I was excited to have the story driven by new characters we knew nothing about and could get attached to, but then Kenny showed up and I had to deal with the same BS of his that I did back in season one. And I'd had MORE than enough of it in season one. I didn't need another season of "Kenny is a hypocrite with anger issues who creates dangerous situations for everyone or his temper creates all the tension of scenes". If he hadn't been there, they may have been more inclined to send the story in a better direction.

2. They dropped the ball on Arvo. Hard. They built him up in such an interesting way only to have him later shoot a CHILD and basically in a way prove that Kenny was justified in abusing him. This is yet another one of many season 2 scenes that would have made more sense had the PC been an adult. But it was Clementine, so it was a ridiculously evil thing to do.

3. I don't want Clementine to be the PC in season 3. There, I said it. I honestly think it kind of ruined her to play as her in season 2. She was disappointingly boring. I hope she's back, but as an NPC again going along with us. Plus I just want to be an adult again. Season 2 proved that Telltale can't implement a child PC believably.

4. Michonne is the most fun PC to play out of all three we've had so far.

5. I would have happily killed off Jane, Kenny, and half of the new crew if it meant we got to keep Nick. His death was some of the biggest BS of season 2, especially after the meaningful moment with Pete.

• Isn't game Lilly supposed to later be comic Lilly of Governor's crew?

• They were supposed to be the same Lilly, but the novels decided to explore Lilly Caul's background, so then they were set to be different, from that point on. The achievement that the player received after Lilly left or took off was originally called "Woodbury Bond," but then they changed the name to "What Now?"

Demarcoa posted: »

Isn't game Lilly supposed to later be comic Lilly of Governor's crew?

• I know it's realistic in the sense that some people in the outbreak would just die as unlikeable failures and never get the chance to redeem themselves, but for the sake of narrative, Nick should have had the chance to redeem himself before he was killed. I wanted to like him SO BADLY but the game never gave me or Nick that chance and I'm still pissed about it.

• May I ask why?

JawaEater posted: »

I hated Luke after episode 4, I wanted him dead.

• Yeah they are kind of cool, they tell the beggining of the apocalypse that really lacked on the main series, I think it's worth watching!

I watched s1 ep1 but never got round to the rest, is it worth watching then?

• Here's some more:

• I liked Andrea in the TV Show and I don't understand why people hate her in the show.
    • I liked playing as Clementine.
  • I only agree with one of those.

* Carol sucks * Clementine was extremely bland in season 2, and was a terrible protagonist p * Sarah was the most annoying character in any telltale game * Carl needs more screen time

• They built him up in such an interesting way only to have him later shoot a child and basically in a way prove that Kenny was justified in abusing him.

I agree. In my opinion, Kenny created a self-fulfilling prophesy by beating him up several times. It would've been nice if that was determinant, so that we could know if Arvo would've shot Clementine in that case—my guess is he wouldn't have.

Rynna posted: »

* I think Kenny was 80% of the reason season 2 sucked. Not joking or exaggerating. I've never liked Kenny, but the moment he appeared almost

• With us being only a few months away from potential news on TWDG Season 3, I can safetly say with the utmost confidence that I am not remotely excited, and my expectations are zero. Because as much as I have faith in Telltale with all their other games, Season 3 scares the absolute fudge out of me and I wish it didn't.

• But Luke could always appear?

I totally understand the skepticism. After Season 2, a lot of players felt unsatisfied obviously, and Telltale has got to win back the trust of people, even after the good games they made after Season 2. I'm sure Telltale learned from their mistakes, so yeah.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

With us being only a few months away from potential news on TWDG Season 3, I can safetly say with the utmost confidence that I am not remote

• Most people prefer S1.

Why not? The story was well written, the choices do affect outcomes and dialogues and the ending was better than the actual endings of Season 2.

• You don't say.

Most people prefer S1.

• Oh but I do say.

You don't say.

• edited April 2016

That wasn't it you know. I liked Luke because of the sibling thing him and Clem had; it reminded me of my brother. After the finale with the playing dead episode, when Telltale turned around and said it was just a charade and joked about it, I took it personally. I think that's why I cried so much and why I didn't like the twist, because it took that away and without it I lost interest.

And I hope so. I want to trust them, but it's just nerves right now. I was like this for Michonne but that seems to be doing alright at least. The only thing that's worrying me is the character death stills. There's a few in Michonne that didn't have a big impact on me, and one in the recent episode was just, bad.

But Luke could always appear? I totally understand the skepticism. After Season 2, a lot of players felt unsatisfied obviously, and Tellt

• I´m gonna make a controversial and very unpopular opinion right now: I want an attempt of rape to happen in the game.

I know it sound horrible but hear me out: Both the comics and the TV series have eluded to it, most of the series has the zombies as a background but for the most part the scariest part and the real horror are the survivors that had gone crazy or fall into their darkest impulses and desires, yet we haven´t see something like this. Besides, I really think the "meet new people, they are violent" plot can gets boring eventually. I want the game to introduce us to a character that we instantly like and turns out to be the worst kind of monster possible.

• Hopefully this doesn't get me get into an argument, I really don't want to debate whether characters are good guys or scumbags which is why I didn't go into detail(given you're curious, I guess I'll tell you) I thought he was a huge dick in episode 4, he has no sympathy for what just happened to Kenny, hypocritically more concerned with how Kenny's depression will drag them down, ironic given this wasn't an issue for him and Nick.
    He develops a strange admiration for Jane, suggesting she's the one they should follow even though her philosophy is in conflict with Luke's(if you agree with Jane's philosophy, fine but it doesn't match up with Luke's) He seems to be willing to forget his values for some chick that he just met, this makes what happens later 10 times as frustrating.
    After Rebecca's water breaks, he's sent to do a very important job which he abandons to get laid, this wasn't a scenario where it was normal guard duty and something bad happened the one time he left his post , Rebecca was about to give birth and vulnerable, had she or anyone died it would of been Luke's fault. This wasn't a Ben scenario where someone tried to help and make things worse, Luke left a pregnant woman vulnerable to a bunch of walkers for completely selfish and "make myself feel good" reasons. They where lucky to get Rebecca out of there in time(honestly had it been real life, and not fiction they probably wouldn't of)
    After nearly getting everyone killed, Luke goes to talk to you like nothing happened, and with no apology.
    He shamelessly makes an excuse to spend time with Jane again, and when he finds out she's gone he's more upset by the fact that she left(someone he knew for a day BTW) then that he almost got his friends killed, he really comes off as whiny and douchey in light of what happened to Kenny and Rebecca. After Kenny calls him out on what an asshole he's been, Luke gives Kenny crap for being justifiably upset at Luke's lack of remorse. Kenny has to browbeat him into making the most backhanded and unapologetic "apology."
    Luke's apology is "I F##ked up" (misrepresenting his desertion of his friends as a Ben style screw up with the best intentions) and "I'm sorry, but I needed it"(essentially I'm sorry, but I did nothing wrong) Luke never displays any real or meaningful remorse for what he did, after this episode I lost all respect for the character.

I know I'm in the minority, and I don't this to become an argument, but I thought I'd use his question to vent.

Romaoplays posted: »

May I ask why?

• If it's worth anything, there has been rape in the comics. The Governor raped Michonne. The show obviously doesn't do things like that, and I somewhat doubt the game would have it, but you know, whatever it has is whatever it has.

SpaceTales posted: »

I´m gonna make a controversial and very unpopular opinion right now: I want an attempt of rape to happen in the game. I know it sound hor

• Which one?

I only agree with one of those.

• So he is going to get lucky, real lucky?

But Luke could always appear? I totally understand the skepticism. After Season 2, a lot of players felt unsatisfied obviously, and Tellt

• Oh, I meant that at least in the bright side, if Luke were to somehow appear, it be in Season 3.

The thing about the Michonne deaths is that we haven't really got to know the characters, so yeah.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

That wasn't it you know. I liked Luke because of the sibling thing him and Clem had; it reminded me of my brother. After the finale with the

• Maybe.

Maybe not.

Probably not.

Sparkeagle posted: »

So he is going to get lucky, real lucky?

• And in the season 4 finale "A" where that guy (don't know his name) was trying to molest Carl

If it's worth anything, there has been rape in the comics. The Governor raped Michonne. The show obviously doesn't do things like that, and I somewhat doubt the game would have it, but you know, whatever it has is whatever it has.

• Oh yeah, totally forgot about Joe and the Claimers. Yeah, that was pretty sick.

And in the season 4 finale "A" where that guy (don't know his name) was trying to molest Carl

• It is probably my favorite scene so far though. Rick going full crazy was awesome

Oh yeah, totally forgot about Joe and the Claimers. Yeah, that was pretty sick.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.