Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• Season 2 Episodes 2 and 5 were better than anything Season 1 offered.

Omid was the right choice to die over him or Christa, despite my love for him.

Telltale's reluctance to bring back Christa, Lilly or other characters is stupid as they've shown they can make it work.

Kenny is the main reason for many problems in both Season 1 and 2.

Episode 2 Carver was the best villain TWD ever had, only to be ruined by bad writing in episode 3.

Throwing away Sarah was the biggest mistake Telltale has made so far.

Despite her ridiculous switch of attitudes towards Clem (bad writing), Rebecca deserved better.

Going with Lilly in Episode 3 of Season 1 would've been a good choice, despite its implausibility for the developers of the game.

• edited August 2016

I don't really know if this opinion is unpopular - Luke was a pretty bland, generic nice guy that didn't offer much entertainment to the game. Also had a very poor character arc.

I know for sure this opinion is - Luke had absolutely nothing left in the group after his cabin crew were killed and he should have either faked his death, or escaped the group somehow to find another one more suited to him. He actually needed to leave more so than Jane and had way better reasons for doing so. I started a thread on this that got shut down and the weakness of some of the counter arguments has me even more convinced that it would have been a lot better than what we got, or him living and continuing to play 4th fiddle to Kenny, Clementine, Jane. There was big problems with the writing of this guy.

• edited August 2016

Luke had absolutely nothing left in the group after his cabin crew were killed

Except for Jane, Clem, Bonnie and possibly Mike? Even if he didn't had anyone else, I believe that Luke, being the good guy he is, would still remain in the group out of decency.

Edit: and AJ! We can't forget AJ!

wdfan posted: »

I don't really know if this opinion is unpopular - Luke was a pretty bland, generic nice guy that didn't offer much entertainment to the gam

• Ok let's say he was close to Clementine (even though it's very arguable that he was in my opinion). Let's give him that one. Now let's look at the others.

Jane - He fucked her yeah. Does that mean he was necessarily emotionally close to her? Definitely not. The fact that she left without even notifying him supports this. The fact that he said he just wanted to "feel something" rather than actually doing it out of emotional closeness to Jane supports this.

Bonnie - If he was really close to her, why'd he reject her once already? Seems more like a case of unrequited love on Bonnie's part to me.

Kenny - Hahahaha I think we all know he wasn't close to Kenny at all.

Mike - Just some guy in the crew that he got along with on a basic level. Could you even say they were friends? Not really imo. Maybe it's just because neither were very well developed but I didn't see any real friendship or closeness between the two.

Luke isn't even in a leadership position towards the later stages of the game, he is cranky and just seems fed up by it all. He also very likely isn't thinking clearly. He would have known that AJ and Clementine had plenty of other adults to take care of them (Mike, Bonnie, Kenny, Jane, etc) It should have happened and would have been better than what we got.

Luke had absolutely nothing left in the group after his cabin crew were killed Except for Jane, Clem, Bonnie and possibly Mike? Even

• Does that mean he was necessarily emotionally close to her? Definitely not.

Jane saved his life, that, at least made him grateful. He also says that she is okay in his book. He's obviously fond of her.

If he was really close to her, why'd he reject her once already?

Maybe because he didn't love her like she did? That doesn't mean he doesn't care about her. They knew eachother for a while and they had been romantically involved in some level. He definitely cares about her.

Kenny

I don't remeber mentioning Kenny :)

Just some guy in the crew that he got along with on a basic level. Could you even say they were friends?

Yes. Luke seemed to get along well with Mike during the birthday scene. Mike is also seen carrying Luke. He got along well with Mike, that's for sure.

Luke isn't even in a leadership position towards the later stages of the game, he is cranky and just seems fed up by it all.

Not really. He seems sad that he basically lost everyone from the cabin. Apart from that, he seems to be pretty well. He jokes around with the group. Shares that it's his birthday. They all drink together and talk about sex. Did that seem like a guy that was sick of them all?

Sorry but I can't pictue Luke just leaving the group. What would he get from that? Why would he do that? To die alone in the cold? It makes no gaddamned sense to me.

I can picture him trying to leave Kenny after he beats Arvo, tho, but he'd definitely take evryone else, including Clem, Jane and AJ, with him.

Ok let's say he was close to Clementine (even though it's very arguable that he was in my opinion). Let's give him that one. Now let's look

• edited August 2016

I think whatever fondess he had of Jane would have gone when she left without telling him. Then there is the question of trust as well which would have also been raised into serious question when Jane left. I doubt he would hate her, but she'd just be another person in the crew to him after that. Saving people is also something that happens a lot. Mike could have saved Clementines life, Kenny could have saved Christa's live. Doesn't really mean they were close.

Even ignoring the fact that he rejected Bonnie, did it honestly seem to you that he was close with her in the game, other than on a really basic, generic level? I just don't see it. Even her reaction to his death seemed a little forced, despite her obviously caring about him more than he cared about her. This guy said that family was the most important thing to him. Personally I just don't see him ever seeing the remainder of the group as family.

Yeah he seemed to get along with Mike in the birthday scene. Hell even Kenny seemed to be getting along with everyone in that scene (apart from Arvo of course). Stuff like that can be misleading.

Why would he do it? He'd have his reasons, some of them arguably being perfectly valid. Just like Jane had hers... only Luke wouldn't be coming back. There would also be no way he would be able to take Clementine and definitely not AJ away from Kenny without a fight. Leaving also doesn't mean he would die or want to die. And I honestly don't think he would have tried (especially if Clementine and Kenny were cool with each other)

Does that mean he was necessarily emotionally close to her? Definitely not. Jane saved his life, that, at least made him grateful. H

• I'm gonna keep this brief for time constraints.

Season2 > Season 1

Disagree. And not because of obvious bandwagon reasons.

Omid died

Agree.

The Bus Came Back

Agree?

Kenny

Debatable.

Carver

Not even gonna try it.

Sarah

Agree--to a point.

Rebecca

Obviously.

Lilly

Debatable.

Season 2 Episodes 2 and 5 were better than anything Season 1 offered. Omid was the right choice to die over him or Christa, despite my lo

• edited August 2016

I'm just going to be honest here. I'm a Kenny fangirl. I don't get angered if anyone hates Kenny or says something negative about his character, I just really, really, really love him in the games. However, I also love Lily and I like both Luke and Jane. If I disliked all the characters Kenny hated, I would hate pretty much everyone. :)

I disagree with Kenny more than I agree with him, yet he's still one of my favorite characters. Yeah, he'd yell and throw a little fit but he never held anything against me. He even volunteered to find Clem with me despite us disagreeing. Although that might be a glitch in my game because people that agreed with him more than me had to convince him.

I didn't find Molly to be cartoony and I really liked her.

I loved Clementine in Season 2 as much as I loved her back in Season 1.

Even though the ending where Clem allows Kenny to kill Jane and then shoots Kenny in the head emotionally wrecks me, I love the way it's shot. The angle gives such a cold and detached vibe, which is perfect for the said scene.

I like Bonnie. I felt the betrayal was way over the top and out of character, so I hold it against her less. There are a few trust issues there now, but I still like her.

I sympathize greatly with Arvo.

I do feel an attatchment towards AJ and I will do my best to protect him. I'm glad he's in Season 3.

Jane's death when you look away is very sad. She expected her friend to save her but instead was betrayed. I'm sorry Jane.

I think Season 1 is a masterpiece. Some say that's a strong word, but that's exactly what it is to me. Still, I kind of liked Season 2.

I guess I now have to prepare for everyone on these forums to hate me.

• edited August 2016

Unpopular opinions? Well, I'm not really sure how unpopular some of these are, but I doubt they're the majority...

1. I didn't want to see Clementine as series 3's protagonist and would much prefer that if Telltale continue the series, we'll see someone completely new in the fourth.

2. I hated Omid and found him to be an incredibly annoying character, so when he finally tipped the bucket, I can't say I wasn't delighted.

3. Nate's my favourite character, thus so far in the games.

4. I didn't actually mind Larry. Now, I certainty didn't like him either, but the downright hatred most people seem to feel for him, I never felt.

EDIT: Tidied it up 'cause the layout looked just a little bit messy.

• I think whatever fondess he had of Jane would have gone when she left without telling him.

I'd think so too. But after she came back and saved Kenny's life, he says this 'Well, she helped us back there, so that puts her as ok in my book'. To which Bonnie responds 'Well, it ain't no secret how you feel about her'. He then looks slightly embarassed, but doesn't deny anything. I doubt he and Jane were just like 'Yo! Let's bang!', they probably had a moment complicity, we see that when Clem gets there and hears Luke saying '...that was about as human as I've felt in a long time, I almost forgot what it felt like...' He was being obviously very open to her, and you can argue that it might've all gone away, but I think people forget that Jane did come back, and that counts too.

Saving people is also something that happens a lot. (...) Doesn't really mean they were close.

No, it's really not. It happens now and again... But even if it was that casual, it doesn't make it any less important. Luke, and the rest of the group, certaily felt grateful for Jane's intervention.

I'm not saying that Luke and Jane are BFFs. I'm saying that Luke had a positive view of Jane and doesn't really seem to hold any grudge. They seemed to be having a good time in the fireplace scene and it's slightly implied that Luke might still crush on Jane.

Even ignoring the fact that he rejected Bonnie, did it honestly seem to you that he was close with her in the game, other than on a really basic, generic level?

Yep. This two I can claim that seemed like really good old friends. Looking at what we know, Bonnie at some point in time felt something for Luke. We also know that he trusted her enough to invite her to leave with the rest of the cabin group the first time they left Carver's camp. Then in episode 3 Bonnie talks about how she is worried for Luke, showing care. And then she helps them escape again from Carver's.
    When mending Luke's wounds in Episode 5 they seemed to have some mutual trust when talking to eachother. Bonnie bluntly points the alpha male flaw in Luke, distant friends are never this blunt, at least from what I've experienced. I won't see people who you don't have a certain level of trust calling you out for your flaws. Good friends do that, tho.
    Luke also seems to care for Bonnies feeling, as he seems to feel the need to tell her sorry. I'm not sure if this sorry was about Bonnie's past feelings for him, or if for something else, but it shows care.
    And, again, they were pretty chill and friendly to eachother in the fireplace scene, joking around and all.

This guy said that family was the most important thing to him. Personally I just don't see him ever seeing the remainder of the group as family.

I also don't see him associating most of the cabin group members as family. He seemed to have a bitter realtionship with Carlos, was loosing his trust for Nick and he never really spoke to Alvin. Not saying that he disliked them, I just think that he probably liked Bonnie more than Carlos, Alvin or even Sarah. I honestly think that he cared for everyone, really. As you said, he's the generic two deminsional 'good guy'. Caring for everyone is what they do!

Yeah he seemed to get along with Mike in the birthday scene. Hell even Kenny seemed to be getting along with everyone in that scene (apart from Arvo of course). Stuff like that can be misleading.

How so? I mean, his relationship with Kenny wasn't the best one, but he even seemed to care about Kenny to a degree. They discussed, sure, but they seemed to respect eachother.

I just don't get it. He was the member of the group that was keeping everyone together. He was the only one who seemed to get along with everyone. I can't find any reason for this guy to just leave. Especially when AJ, the son of a woman he certainly cared about, was in need of a good stable group.

Why would he do it? He'd have his reasons, some of them arguably being perfectly valid.

Sorry, but... that's not a reason at all. Not really.

About my theory on how Luke would leave... Imagine it like this. Instead of having Bonnie and Mike betray Clem, Jane and Kenny, since Luke would be there he'd ask Clem if she wanted to come with them and leave Kenny (being the nice guy he is).
    If Clem refused, Jane would plead Clem to go. If Clem insisted on sticking with Kenny then they'd leave and Jane would stay with Clem. The Kenny vs Jane fight would happen later on as normal. If you saved Jane and went with her to Howe's, Bonnie, Luke, Arvo and Mike would be there.
    If Clem screamed for Kenny, she'd get shot. Luke, Mike, Arvo and Bonnie would leave Clem, making Luke's character not so 'god guy'-ish. Jane would stick and help Clem w/ Kenny. Kenny vs Jane would happen later on. If you saved Jane and went with her to Howe's, Bonnie, Luke, Arvo and Mike would be there (but it'd be way more tense, since they all left Clem).
    If Clem agreed. They'd all go to Howe's. Kenny would come back completely insane (understandably) and Kenny vs Luke would happen. Killing Luke would result in Bonnie, Mike, Arvo and Jane fleeing which would mean Kenny and Clem in Howe's (with some tension since Clem left him). Killing Kenny would mean staying in Howe's with Bonnie, Mike, Arvo, Jane and Luke.

Anything but that ice lake scene, really.

I think whatever fondess he had of Jane would have gone when she left without telling him. Then there is the question of trust as well which

• I prefer Doug over Carley.
    • I like Kenny
    • I hate Jane
    • Luke is overrated
    • I think Ben stealing from the motor inn is justified
  • A lot of what you're seeing as closeness, i'm seeing as generic small talk. Especially in the fire place scene, where even Kenny was getting along with the group.
    The most significant thing I remember was him apologising to Bonnie, which I think would have worked as a way of him saying his final goodbye to her. He would also have to be a complete moron to not have some trust issues regarding Bonnie (she stayed with Carver, held the group at gun point once).

Sorry, but... that's not a reason at all. Not really.

I have quite a lot of reasons in mind (too lazy to actually list all of them) and I am coming up with more as I think about it more. Hom much did Luke actually feel needed by the group? Not a lot imo, especially after he got shot. Back when they were trying to save Sarah, I remember him saying something like "I can't believe I was the first to go up there". To me, this could be the start of him questioning his own loyalty to the group and how much he cares about them.

Whilst I agree that there were a lot of issues within the cabin group, especially regarding character development, they seemed to have a decent enough family feel to them in general (maybe the most of any group in the games) and generally knew each other/got along with each other a lot better than the group Luke was with after the cabin group died imo. Despite his issues with Nick, I could at least identify that he was good friends with him. I can't say that about the other group.

I like the theory you had and I can definitely see Jane pleading with Clementine to leave if rejected the first time. One of the reasons I had for him either faking his death or leaving is that his nice guy shtick would immediately be thrown out the window (whilst working in terms of writing and driving the story foward). One thing i'm unsure about is him getting in a fight with Kenny. I just can't see him doing it. Especially if he is carrying an injury.

I think whatever fondess he had of Jane would have gone when she left without telling him. I'd think so too. But after she came back

• edited August 2016

If Clem screamed for Kenny, she'd get shot. Luke, Mike, Arvo and Bonnie would leave Clem, making Luke's character not so 'god guy'-ish. Jane would stick and help Clem w/ Kenny. Kenny vs Jane would happen later on. If you saved Jane and went with her to Howe's, Bonnie, Luke, Arvo and Mike would be there (but it'd be way more tense, since they all left Clem).

Okay, two serious objections with this scenario:
    1. I personally think Luke would at least take a second to make sure Clementine would be alright before leaving. Not only because of his hero complex, but also because Jane happens to be right there when it happened. Even if Jane gets upset with him, I would imagine he'd at least run off at her and Bonnie's command with a guilty conscience despite also thinking that Clementine's in good hands.
    Also, it's called being 'good guy'-ish, not 'god guy'-ish, which sorta implies he has a massive ego.

1. " If you saved Jane and went with her to Howe's, Bonnie, Luke, Arvo and Mike would be there (but it'd be way more tense, since they all left Clem)." I'm assuming he would either be put on lockdown or at least be given a serious stinkeye when Clementine, Jane, and Luke reunite. As ineffectual, sympathetic, and harmless as he is, he just shot Clementine! I can't imagine the tension between them would be any lesser than with the others, so unless he wasn't the one who shot her in this version, I'm gonna assume that if he isn't in the pin, the ending comes with the implication that he's Clementine's bitch now.

I think whatever fondess he had of Jane would have gone when she left without telling him. I'd think so too. But after she came back

• edited August 2016

I'm just going to be honest here. I'm a Kenny fangirl. I don't get angered if anyone hates Kenny or says something negative about his character, I just really, really, really love him in the games. However, I also love Lily and I like both Luke and Jane. If I disliked all the characters Kenny hated, I would hate pretty much everyone. :)

I disagree with Kenny more than I agree with him, yet he's still one of my favorite characters. Yeah, he'd yell and throw a little fit but he never held anything against me. He even volunteered to find Clem with me despite us disagreeing. Although that might be a glitch in my game because people that agreed with him more than me had to convince him.

Oh honey, you ain't got nothing to be ashamed of. That's just that thing some people call agape: appreciating someone for who they are in spite of their flaws. :relaxed:

Jane's death when you look away is very sad. She expected her friend to save her but instead was betrayed. I'm sorry Jane.

Yeah...too bad she kinda brought it on herself because she shouldn't have put Clementine in that position to begin with! ....I'm so sorry, I just can't help myself sometimes.
    But know that when I say it is kinda sad that she essentially threw her life away for the one person she learned how to love, I am telling the truth. :pensive:

Kenny726 posted: »

I'm just going to be honest here. I'm a Kenny fangirl. I don't get angered if anyone hates Kenny or says something negative about his charac

• enter image description here

Also, I think Ben is a brilliantly written character precisely because his deal was almost a lighter shade of grey.

* I prefer Doug over Carley. * I like Kenny * I hate Jane * Luke is overrated * I think Ben stealing from the motor inn is justified

• It bugs me that Clementine always talks about Lee, the man who was only in her life for a few months, but rarely talks about her parents, the people that cared for her for over 8 years of her life. They sort of implied that Clem doesn't like to talk about them because she believes her faith in finding them alive is what caused almost everyone she knew to die. For real though, it would be nice to hear "I miss my parents" mixed in with the "I miss Lee" phrases.

Also, I actually like Becca's (from 400 days) character. I feel like she's a good representation of what I child can turn into hiding all the hurt and pain in the apocalypse. I really wish she can Clem interacted for a good portion of episode 3 so we can she the two different styles in their characters. I would have been cool if Carver used her as an example of what a potential candidate as his apprentice would be like and also use her to convince Clem to submit.

• I dont like Clem's short hair

• MFW I see this

enter image description here

AgentZ46 posted: »

I found Carley to be boring.

• Lee X Carley is a terrible ship

enter image description here

* I want Clem to be S3 PC * I want S1 and S2 unkown characters to come back * My favourite S2 episode is Amid The Ruins, I also think it w

• Brother!

MFW I see this

• It bugs me that Clementine always talks about Lee, the man who was only in her life for a few months, but rarely talks about her parents, the people that cared for her for over 8 years of her life.

I thought I was the only one up until now!

Ed and Diana—her parents for about nine years—and Christa—her caretaker for two entire years—must've left a bigger mark on Clementine than Lee. And it bugs me the hell out, too. Telltale only references Lee so much because the majority of Season One players are attached to him, but am not feeling it.

eRock92 posted: »

It bugs me that Clementine always talks about Lee, the man who was only in her life for a few months, but rarely talks about her parents, th

• Yeah, Doug was way better than Carley.

Brother!

• I agree, unfortunately more effort was put into Carley.

Yeah, Doug was way better than Carley.

• edited August 2016

Se should riot y against the Spacial Squids

LET US TALK ABOUT THE STUPID TOPICS WANT WE STUPIDLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT! OUR SHIPPING THREAD DIDN'T BOTHER ANYONE

WHYYYYYYY D': TT_TT

• You could private message Blind Sniper and ask him personally.

Se should riot y against the Spacial Squids LET US TALK ABOUT THE STUPID TOPICS WANT WE STUPIDLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT! OUR SHIPPING THREAD DIDN'T BOTHER ANYONE WHYYYYYYY D': TT_TT

• He won't listen. No one with power ever listens the opinions of the people.

You could private message Blind Sniper and ask him personally.

• enter image description here

Se should riot y against the Spacial Squids LET US TALK ABOUT THE STUPID TOPICS WANT WE STUPIDLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT! OUR SHIPPING THREAD DIDN'T BOTHER ANYONE WHYYYYYYY D': TT_TT

• That is an abominal generalization that you simply can't make, and I truly recommend you to approach it from a more objective perspective. Wouldn't you listen to the opinions of others if you were in power? If the answer is yes, don't you think that there are others like you, too?

And I know he would listen. I asked him about that thread precisely yesterday. Or the day before. I'm not sure at this point.

He won't listen. No one with power ever listens the opinions of the people.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Of course he listens

If he didn't, he'd be Deaf Sniper

He won't listen. No one with power ever listens the opinions of the people.

• He will refuse to see that he doesn't listen.

Deltino posted: »

Of course he listens If he didn't, he'd be Deaf Sniper

• My Day= Made.

Deltino posted: »

Of course he listens If he didn't, he'd be Deaf Sniper

• That makes me so sad.

I agree, unfortunately more effort was put into Carley.

• Uhg, sorry. Maybe you're right. I just... don't like people in power and I' too hard with them sometimes.

And I know he would listen. I asked him about that thread precisely yesterday. Or the day before. I'm not sure at this point.

What did he say? expects impantiently with a :D face

That is an abominal generalization that you simply can't make, and I truly recommend you to approach it from a more objective perspective. W

• Might as well I have nothing to lose

• Kenny is my second favourite character. (Second to Clem of course)
    • I prefer Season 2 to Season 1.
    • I liked Larry, I didn't like him as a person, but rather I liked how he was written and I think he was really well done.
    • Kenny was right to kill Larry. (I didn't side with him on it for Clem's sake, but like, still.)
    • Mark was annoying and I'm glad hes dead.
    • Christa pissed me off from the beginning, I much prefer Omid, he was a good character and great comic relief.
    • I!!! Love!!!! Molly!!!!
    • (No surprise here given my first fact) I fucking hate Jane and she pissed me off the moment she started talking.
    • Mike's a dick, always has been.

Before I piss anymore people off I'll end here lmao.

• The choice to either save Carley or Doug was so blatantly artificial, it took me out of the experience for the remainder of the episode.

Ideally, Carley could have easily escaped the walker that was clutching at her ankle without much problem and Lee could have then saved Doug. Not that he need another hand either considering he was barely making an effort to get away from the window after they broke through.

The choice was weak is what I'm saying.

• AGREE

I's soooooo unrealistic...

It bugs me that Clementine always talks about Lee, the man who was only in her life for a few months, but rarely talks about her parents, th

• Yes i agree as well! I guess it is because we got to know Lee as a character but we didn't with her parents. I would have liked more dialogue and info about her family

• Season 2 didn't really focus on Clementine herself as much as it should have.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited August 2016

It's less that she doesn't talk about them much that bugs me, as much as that she doesn't really acknowledge them. I liked the scene when she tells Luke what happened to them, or when she used her dad's name when talking to Carver in the cabin (if you told him it's just you and dad). Smaller, more subtle touches like that where she acknowledges them, that they're still in her thoughts even if she doesn't really open up about them. Her not really wanting to talk about them makes sense. You could argue that her talking about Lee is because his death is the one she's come to terms with the most, or at the very least accepted, while her parents are still a more sensitive subject than Lee is.

But still, sometimes it seems like the game forgets that they existed, where they could have had her at least mention them.

• I love it when Clementine swears.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.