Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• The thing is sarah herself suddenly changes so much in that scene. After being saved sarah walks but is again unresponsive mostly, she thinks her father is alive and doesnt let rebecca touch her. This is all a good continuation from the previous scenes. However in this scene she is suddenly alert, shouting for help and running around. Its like shes suddenly a different person. As such I find it hard to allow much of a deep analysis for this scene with regards to sarah, shes so in the background and an afterthought that shes just not meant to be there. Bens second death worked because the whole scene was put in for him, sarah was two minutes in a exsisitng scene and then she was forgotten about by all the other characters.

As such I have to take the first death as canon as the whole scene is dedicated to sarah, other characters have an aftermath to it and the somber scene following her death makes sense. Its a shame because I really like the scenes with sarah before her second death but the scene is so bad it cant make up for that

DabigRG posted: »

Uuuh...that's kinda true, if only because her just standing there was a clear indication of that. I did a lot of cutscene rewatching for th

• As you may know by now, Sarah is one of my favorite characters in all of these games and I wanted so much more for her.

So believe me when I say that her dying was not the problem. As Firewallcano stated, the idea of Clementine trying to teach someone how to survive only for it to backfire (I plan on doing more with this one day, but that's not the point) is amazing. One of many x 4 problems is that they set up so much for her character and don't really capitalize on any of it.

The trailer park scene, while heartbreakingly chicanerous [if a bit narmy on a visual level] to the point that I don't know if I'll be able to go through with it on my eventual third playthrough, actually works because it, like the episode should have done in general, is the culmination of Sarah's character development throughout the Season. She went from being sheltered to the point that she seems to subconsciously see herself as still being 11, to having a friend she's willing to break the rules and get in trouble for, to being honest about her limitations and desiring to learn how to defend herself, to getting anxious every time anyone gets hurt, to getting scarred by Carver trying to brutally discipline her, to flipping out altogether when Carlos gets killed in front of her, to finally breaking down from PTSD and grief/cynicism. The fact that Jane was characterized as being pretty much her opposite(dependent/loner, "liability"/survivalist, anxious/versatile, impractical/pragmatic,etc.) meant that Clementine would have to choose between her two friends in favor of either friendship or survival. Clementine choosing Jane would mean leaving someone who was supposed to be her friend to be assimilated and Sarah distraughtly realizes this right before it happens. However, deciding that their friendship is important to her has Clementine hurt her friend to help her and, assuming they were on good terms(which means a large number of playthroughs), Sarah realizes she is damaged goods and questions the decision in a depressed manner.

However, having Sarah survive at the end of the Season to become Clementine's right-hand for the future isn't a bad idea either.

HarjKS posted: »

Honestly, I hate Sarah's deaths (both of them), and how they handled Sarah. She should have survived with Clementine by the end and not be a determinant character.

• I chose to save Doug on my first play through because i was convinced she'd handle herself but then discovered she dies. I cheated and reloaded the save as i wanted her to live over Doug because i found her to be more of an interesting character lol

The choice to either save Carley or Doug was so blatantly artificial, it took me out of the experience for the remainder of the episode.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I'm sorry, but

chicanerous

What the hell is this word

I have never seen this word used

I didn't even know this word existed in the English language

As you may know by now, Sarah is one of my favorite characters in all of these games and I wanted so much more for her. So believe me whe

• I may have made that up a bit. It comes from chicanery, which means to deceive someone. It was the first word that came to mind and I kinda had to leave for a while so I didn't have time to check everything.

Deltino posted: »

I'm sorry, but chicanerous What the hell is this word I have never seen this word used I didn't even know this word existed in the English language

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

chicanery

I didn't even know about that word, either

I guess you really do learn something new every day

I may have made that up a bit. It comes from chicanery, which means to deceive someone. It was the first word that came to mind and I kinda had to leave for a while so I didn't have time to check everything.

• Yep. Got it from a show called The Secret Saturdays.

Deltino posted: »

chicanery I didn't even know about that word, either I guess you really do learn something new every day

• I haven't replayed season 2 in a while, so bare with me me here lol.

When you first meet him, hes very upset because hes trying to sleep and the lodge/cabin group are having an important conversation. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't interrupt a conversation like that just because I was trying to sleep. This is a shitty reason, it just pissed me off.

Mike was an asshole to Kenny, and since I'm clearly a Kenny fan, that's not okay in my books.

And of course, he tried to steal from Clem, Kenny and Jane and abandon them. Which is just totally unforgivable to me.

Its not a lot of reasons, I just personally never really liked Mike and he gave off too much of a dick-vibe to me. He was helpful to the group and okay with Clem, I just didn't like his personality much.

Mike's a dick, always has been. Might be because he's one of the characters I'm researching that seem to be in a sympathetic, but care to explain because I'm not getting this.

• sweet Christ on a bagel

I'm 100% going to steal this, lmao

I could care less if we ever see Christa again. Some constantly go on about wanting her to come back but it doesn't bother me. Given, it doe

• When you first meet him, hes very upset because hes trying to sleep and the lodge/cabin group are having an important conversation. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't interrupt a conversation like that just because I was trying to sleep. This is a shitty reason, it just pissed me off.

Well, to be fair, he is a prisoner of Carver who is implied to have been in there for quite some time so I can understand him being cranky that a bunch of new people are talking so loud while he's trying to rest from a day of work.

Mike was an asshole to Kenny, and since I'm clearly a Kenny fan, that's not okay in my books.

Ugh? I just recently talked about this, but as far as I can tell, Mike and Kenny were more like Viotriolic Bestbuds: two people who argue and don't really see eye to eye at times, but definitely respect each other. If anything, Mike was just trying to help Kenny do things in a reasonable fashion and Kenny, being him, wasn't just gonna take his advice at face value. Kenny even says he never expected Mike to disagree with the Wellington plan or especially try to rob them. Considering this is Kenny were talking about here, Mike must've really grown on him for him to honestly say that out loud.

And of course, he tried to steal from Clem, Kenny and Jane and abandon them. Which is just totally unforgivable to me.

Granted. Actually, I have plans related to Mike, among many other characters, that tries to help make this and other things add up and have a bigger impact than it did, but yeah it was still a dick move.

Its not a lot of reasons, I just personally never really liked Mike and he gave off too much of a dick-vibe to me. He was helpful to the group and okay with Clem, I just didn't like his personality much.

What personality? :smirk:

But for real though, Mike was unfortunately the normal guy of the group compared to everyone else: he's helpful, down to earth, looks out for everyone when they make risky decisions or end up in vulnerable positions, if a bit of an oaf himself at times, but he means well. This makes him a bit difficult to get a good feel for and thus the scenes where he is relevant sometimes don't come across as well as they should because we just have random moments with him. I plan on addressing that too, when the time comes.

What I can say is this: from my viewpoint, Mike was definitely a character I barely thought about the 1st couple times, but after taking what we do get from him into account recently, I realized I actually kinda like him and wish we got more/any character development from him.

Ercajayme posted: »

I haven't replayed season 2 in a while, so bare with me me here lol. When you first meet him, hes very upset because hes trying to sleep

• Yes, Christa, Molly, Lilly and Vernon (if you believe he's just gone and not dead) don't need to return for the sake of it. I like returning characters but only if it is necessary somehow

Chusets posted: »

Some characters who disappeared are better off, for the sake of realism. With Love, Lady Chusets.

• I think people should be allowed to swear in TWD show.

• edited August 2016

Everyone who comes to post on these boards will like the games in some way or else they wouldn't even be here unless those said people are only here to complain about how they don't likeit. A negative reaction is better than no reaction.

Well, of course people like it. People like it implies that they care and they complain about something they like because they care about it

• Yeah and i'd wonder why they bother to even explain it if they hated the games lol. For example, you'd never ever see me on a forum talking about Survival Instinct (the worst game i've ever played) lol

Well, to be fair, they could be coming back to explain why they hate it, but the point stands. Also, read my comment above.

• "You freaking piece of poop, I'll duck you up!"

I think people should be allowed to swear in TWD show.

• True

dan290786 posted: »

Everyone who comes to post on these boards will like the games in some way or else they wouldn't even be here unless those said people are only here to complain about how they don't likeit. A negative reaction is better than no reaction.

• edited August 2016

Molly and Vernon are good examples of characters who are better off.

With Love, Lady Chusets.

Yes, Christa, Molly, Lilly and Vernon (if you believe he's just gone and not dead) don't need to return for the sake of it. I like returning characters but only if it is necessary somehow

• I think it's more of Clementine went from saying "swear" when people swore in Season 1 to actually swearing in Season 2. It's another one of those she's-not-so-innocent moments. The smoking and drinking scenes in Season 2 show that though sj=he has lost some innocence, she still has some in her.

I don't mind it much either, but I recently came to the understanding that it isn't the fact that she's cursing but that her swearing kinda contradicts how her character was established without proper explanation.

• I agree. I also like some of the where-are-they-now fan theories with "unknown" characters. The open ended mystery in intriguing, and since it's not major characters anchoring the plot, it's not that big of a deal. I just wish Clem spoke like she was raised and protected by Christa, not Lee's ghost, for 16 months.

Some characters who disappeared are better off, for the sake of realism. With Love, Lady Chusets.

• Yeah. At least with Molly and Vernon, it kind of gave us closure for their characters, unlike Christa and kind of Lilly as well

Molly and Vernon are good examples of characters who are better off. With Love, Lady Chusets.

• The crazy part is that this is what it's like on almost any fan forum for almost all franchises. I've yet to see a forum for a franchise where it was all lemon drops and gum drops. This is why I take reactions from an online forum with a huge grain of salt (or with this franchise, a 16"x16" saltlick). While they represent some of the die-hard fanbase, they don't represent all of the die-hard fans, nor the basic fans and casual players.

I have to credit TellTale for at times showing that they do hear the mundane cries from this forum (which was WAY worse when I lurked it and joined back in early 2014). They do tend to listen. They used to be more interactive in the forum, but the forum has scared them away. Notable losses include Melissa Hutchinson, Gavin Hammond, Job, and several others that made a staff thread for us to interact with the staff.

I know this videogame isn't perfect and there some things that definitely could improve, but people complain too much. Seriously, there are

• Good Point.

With Love, Lady Chusets.

eRock92 posted: »

I agree. I also like some of the where-are-they-now fan theories with "unknown" characters. The open ended mystery in intriguing, and sinc

• I agree completely. This is why I always have said and will say that Season 2 suffered from too much story with too little time. It felt like you could make episode 1-3 their own season while 4-5 could have been their own. TellTale was daring and had good ideas but just tried too much at one time. I feel like with Season 3, they are daring but being more focused and tactile with it. As a result, I'm expecting a really good season from TellTale.

HarjKS posted: »

Despite it's very glaring and obvious flaws, I love Season 2 and always will, this includes the Cabin Group. I think at the very least, it's

• I partially agree. All in all, I have a feeling that we are going to see Christa and Lilly again.

With Love, Lady Chusets.

Yeah. At least with Molly and Vernon, it kind of gave us closure for their characters, unlike Christa and kind of Lilly as well

• I wouldn't be against seeing them again but from a realistic POV it shouldn't happen

I partially agree. All in all, I have a feeling that we are going to see Christa and Lilly again. With Love, Lady Chusets.

• I like Lilly and didn't leave her behind
    I found S2 kinda looked like S1 in some ways.

• Actually, chances are good that they are in some new group from Season Three.

With Love, Lady Chusets.

I wouldn't be against seeing them again but from a realistic POV it shouldn't happen

• edited August 2016

Well no because it's unrealistic that we will see them again given the fact Clem is not anywhere near Macon where Lilly was last seen or anywhere near North Carolina where she last saw Christa.

I'd like to see them appear again but it would be very far fetched if they just happened to randomly show up in another group that Clem bumps into in Season 3. It would be like finding Kenny all over again

Actually, chances are good that they are in some new group from Season Three. With Love, Lady Chusets.

• I am guessing that the 400 Days characters are going to be responsible (at some level) for bringing Lilly or even Christa back to the story.

With Love, Lady Chusets.

Well no because it's unrealistic that we will see them again given the fact Clem is not anywhere near Macon where Lilly was last seen or any

• edited August 2016
    • nate can kiss my ass
    • i really really love lilly
    • i hate how the show censors, especially when coming to negan
    • after season 2 i kinda dislike clem (mostly because they made her super unrealistic) however the trailer for season 3 made me instantly love her??
    • i don't ship carley and lee but i would of loved to see more about they're relationship
    • season 1 was the best and it doesn't feel the same without lee and probably never wil
    • though i am having hope for season 3
  • I have to credit TellTale for at times showing that they do hear the mundane cries from this forum (which was WAY worse when I lurked it and joined back in early 2014). They do tend to listen. They used to be more interactive in the forum, but the forum has scared them away. Notable losses include Melissa Hutchinson, Gavin Hammond, Job, and several others that made a staff thread for us to interact with the staff.

Really?! Well, that sucks.

You know, unless any of them could be lurking among us...

The crazy part is that this is what it's like on almost any fan forum for almost all franchises. I've yet to see a forum for a franchise wh

• That's what I meant.

If they had shown that she had grown out of it, that would be one thing, but she has a moment where she scold Alvin for doing so, which means its still a part of who she is after 16 months. Having her just swear willynilly next episode kinda contradicts that.

I think it's more of Clementine went from saying "swear" when people swore in Season 1 to actually swearing in Season 2. It's another one o

• The 400 Days characters??? Lol how would they be responsible for bringing Lilly/Christa back??

The 400 days characters are also a bunch of characters who won't return given the fact that they are all determinant apart from Bonnie (who later becomes determinant herself in season 2). They had no relevance to season 2 except for a 5 second cameo for each character!

Sorry to disagree with you but that definitely won't happen. That would equally be as far fetched for the reasons i said before given Clem's current location in Season 3

I am guessing that the 400 Days characters are going to be responsible (at some level) for bringing Lilly or even Christa back to the story. With Love, Lady Chusets.

• edited August 2016

i love nate he's one of the best characters :-)

• After being saved sarah walks but is again unresponsive mostly, she thinks her father is alive and doesnt let rebecca touch her. This is all a good continuation from the previous scenes.

Ditto.

The thing is sarah herself suddenly changes so much in that scene. However in this scene she is suddenly alert, shouting for help and running around. Its like shes suddenly a different person. As such I find it hard to allow much of a deep analysis for this scene with regards to sarah, shes so in the background and an afterthought that shes just not meant to be there. Bens second death worked because the whole scene was put in for him, sarah was two minutes in a exsisitng scene and then she was forgotten about by all the other characters.

True. I think her behavior in that scene in particular would've worked better if we saw get up to walk about a bit or check on Rebecca when she starts screaming. That way, her being alert would imply that Bonnie/Rebecca's earlier mention that she needs time to be able to talk was accurate and her urgency and anxiousness would clearly be portrayed as her being worried for Rebecca's state, since the previous episode outright states that she can't stand the thought of anyone getting hurt or being in pain.

Having her just sitting in a corner in the background is kinda a two edged sword, to be honest. On one hand, one little quirk about Sarah that I liked was that she wasn't constantly in your face: when it was her time to shine, then she presented herself but otherwise she was just off to the side quietly observing and reacting to things. But on the other, any development that does/can take place during this period requires the player to seek her out and talk to her; she brings up that Jane wanted to leave her, dodges the question when Clementine asks her if that's what she wanted, suddenly tries to delude herself into thinking Carlos will come back to her at the Cabin, and starts breaking down when Clementine says otherwise. A lot of what was wrong about her post-determinate treatment basically came down to lack of focus, inconsistent tone, and poor pacing, not to mention a disappointing payoff for a character that has been around from the beginning.

But you're absolutely right about the Ben comparison. He still had character development and a role to play after you pull him up before he later falls with the balcony, but Sarah has a few ambiguous lines, some of which are determinate, after you slap her before she gets killed off. They should've given her more to do if they were going to kill her off several minutes later. Or, alternatively, they could've just not have her die in that scene and just wait until the cliffhanger at the end to blow.

As such I have to take the first death as canon as the whole scene is dedicated to sarah, other characters have an aftermath to it and the somber scene following her death makes sense. Its a shame because I really like the scenes with sarah before her second death but the scene is so bad it cant make up for that

Oooh! That's what you meant! In which case, I understand now.

The reason I've been referring to the 2nd death as her "canon" death is because:
    1.Funny handbiting sarcasm, haha.
    2.It's the version I had on my first two playthroughs.
    3.I honestly couldn't bring myself to leave her in the trailer where she is completely at the walkers' mercy.(Barring a possible 3rd, more Bad playthrough)
    4.The extra nuggets character development and especially the potential for numerous interesting character and plot threads that should've been pursued. Because, unlike poor Nick, Sarah actually had some effort and development after her determinate 1st death, however miniscule or wasted it may be.

The thing is sarah herself suddenly changes so much in that scene. After being saved sarah walks but is again unresponsive mostly, she think

• "You fucking piece of shit, I'll fuck you up!"

FTFY

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

"You freaking piece of poop, I'll duck you up!"

• I love it when Clementine swears.

I love it when Clementine swears.

• With Love, Why Do You Do This Tho?

I am guessing that the 400 Days characters are going to be responsible (at some level) for bringing Lilly or even Christa back to the story. With Love, Lady Chusets.

• edited August 2016

Again I am forced to partially agree. I think that our difference of opinion about the 400 Days characters foreshadows a decisive step on the Telltale Games journey to either become or not (in my opinion at least) the next-level in storytelling when it comes to Video Games development.

With Love, Lady Chusets.

The 400 Days characters??? Lol how would they be responsible for bringing Lilly/Christa back?? The 400 days characters are also a bunch o

• edited August 2016

You see, this account is not exclusively mine, I share it with my twin-brother and vice versa. I do this so you guys can know whenever you are talking to me and not to him, he does something similar too.

With Love, Lady Chusets.

With Love, Why Do You Do This Tho?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.