Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• edited November 2016

Even though Amid the Ruins is my least favorite episode of Season Two, In Harm's Way gave me the least emotional impact.

Same here, just swap the episodes.

I instantly took a shine to Arvo when he appeared in the trailer for Amid the Ruins. Even though Amid the Ruins is my least favorite epis

• edited September 2016

Mine was, "Sarah finally has the chance to learn and grow, since she won't be oversheltered anymore."

kmatie posted: »

For me the first (and only) thing I thought about when Carlos died was, "Oh shit now Sarah's going to go batshit crazy."

• edited September 2016

Lee, Kenny and Lilly made a pretty solid, competent team (despite the squabbling) before Lilly went completely crazy and killed Carley or Doug.

THIS

OMG CAN YOU IMAGINE A SECOND SEASON IN AN ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE IN WHICH LEE LIVED AND WE PLAYED BOTH AS HIM AND CLEMENTINE AND CLEM GETS KIDDNAPPED AND THE GOAL IN THE SEASON IS TO GET HER BACK AND THESE TRHEE HAVE TO TRAVEL TOGHETER TO SAVE HER AND OMG SO HILARIOUS I CAN TOTALLY PICTURE KENNY AND LILLY FIGHTING OVER EVERYTHING AND LEE NEUTRAL LIKE 'GUYS PLEASE YOU'RE GONNA ATRACT WALKERS' BUT THEY JUST KEEP ARGUING ABOUT STUPID SHIT AND WALKERS COME AND THEY FUCK THING UP EVERY FIVE MINUTES AND OMG FANFICTION IDEA!

I... MUST... WRITE...

Clementine should have died in season 1 instead of Lee.

Er... no.

wdfan posted: »

Lee, Kenny and Lilly made a pretty solid, competent team (despite the squabbling) before Lilly went completely crazy and killed Carley or Doug. Clementine should have died in season 1 instead of Lee.

• edited September 2016

THIS

OMG CAN YOU IMAGINE A SECOND SEASON IN AN ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE IN WHICH LEE LIVED AND WE PLAYED BOTH AS HIM AND CLEMENTINE AND CLEM GETS KIDDNAPPED AND THE GOAL IN THE SEASON IS TO GET HER BACK AND THESE TRHEE HAVE TO TRAVEL TOGHETER TO SAVE HER AND OMG SO HILARIOUS I CAN TOTALLY PICTURE KENNY AND LILLY FIGHTING OVER EVERYTHING AND LEE NEUTRAL LIKE 'GUYS PLEASE YOU'RE GONNA ATRACT WALKERS' BUT THEY JUST KEEP ARGUING ABOUT STUPID SHIT AND WALKERS COME AND THEY FUCK THING UP EVERY FIVE MINUTES AND OMG FANFICTION IDEA!

I... MUST... WRITE...

Edit:

enter image description here

Lee, Kenny and Lilly made a pretty solid, competent team (despite the squabbling) before Lilly went completely crazy and killed Carley or Doug. Clementine should have died in season 1 instead of Lee.

• I'm vehemently against AJ and his inclusion in the narrative mold as of now.

And he's one of my absolute least favorite piece of emotional equipment used in season 2.

• Clementine should have died in season 1 instead of Lee.

Listen dude, as much as I like Lee Everett and he is my #1 favorite video game character of all the time and will be forever. I prefer that he died instead of Clementine, because I don't like Lee because he's badass or something, I like him because he is selfless, brave, the "the smartest fucker outta' all of us (The group)" -Kenny and because he did everything to protect that little girl, sacrificed even his life, that's what I respect about this guy, and don't feed me that bullshit "he was already dead because he was bitten and didn't had anything to lose so he's not brave" etc. He saved her life countless times and always protected her, the reason I prefer he died instead of her is not only that, it's also because the story is on Clementine and how a child adapts to an world gone (Zombie Apocalypse) so this made it more interesting how Clementine can survive because of Lee and adapts to the world, this at least saved season 2 and another reason why season 3 is also more interesting, what would we do with Clementine dead and Lee alive? we would see him kill more zombies like badass and protect someone else? the story isn't on Lee, I'm also sad for his death but that doesn't mean we should kill Lee's hope (Clementine).

Sorry if my grammar is bad or something else.

• There was always more to his character than being Clementines guardian/revolving around Clementine (well apart from late episode 4/episode 5). That's how I felt anyway. There could have been many more great storylines for Lee if he had lived in my opinion. I would have liked to see him have a kid of his own... that's what he always wanted and it would have been much more interesting than the whole AJ thing (the fact that he is apparently still alive in S3 greatly displeases me). His interactions with the characters around him was also much better than Clementines interactions with characters in season 2. Not just a little bit better, but a lot better. That's how I feel everytime I play season 1.

And if he really was so smart then he doesn't get killed like that.

Clementine should have died in season 1 instead of Lee. Listen dude, as much as I like Lee Everett and he is my #1 favorite video ga

• You're right but that doesn't mean to kill a child. That's what I tried to say.

There was always more to his character than being Clementines guardian/revolving around Clementine (well apart from late episode 4/episode 5

• Foolishness, whatever TellTalegames faults with Season two were....that was not one. Lilly and Nick were two entirely different people. Lilly was a take charge kinda woman who loved her father and had to watch him be murdered. Yet she tried to hold things together afterwards.

The fact that Lilly could still help lead the group even with Kenny in it points to a very strong sense of purpose. It was only after the thefts and the Loss of everything that they had worked so hard to gather that she fell apart and acted out in anger.

In many ways Lilly is one of the best characters in TWD.

Nick watched his mother get bitten by someone who had been bitten by a walker. His actions towards Clementine and Matthew are actions of a young hothead who also has a fear of watching loved ones die. It is easy to lump Nick as a fuck up and disregard him. But that is a simplistic view. From conversations with other characters, there was more that could have been explored...but after episode 2 Nick got no more development. So I lump him into missed opportunity of becoming a more nuanced character.

DabigRG posted: »

Because he shot some fairly likable guy after being moody about essentially being orphaned at the loss of a family member. Because THAT's all Lilly was about, am I right? You'd might as well call Kenny a Lilly ripoff at that point.

• Thinking about it, pretty much anything I say.

• I expect him to be used as emotional equipment in S3 as well, he's too young to actually do anything else. Well I guess I've just gotta deal, we'll see where telltale takes it.

I'm vehemently against AJ and his inclusion in the narrative mold as of now. And he's one of my absolute least favorite piece of emotional equipment used in season 2.

• That's ok. I liked Clementine and season 2, but Lee living for longer would have been better in my opinion.

You're right but that doesn't mean to kill a child. That's what I tried to say.

• This sounds promising!

However, I'm having a hard time coming up with a scenario in which Jane kills the newborn on accident. How would that play out? Both of them are escaping from walkers, and he just slips between her arms? He plows head-first into snow or pavement and dies? Or perhaps dies of hypothermia.

• But you said you were just like AJ!

Do you hate yourself as well?

I'm vehemently against AJ and his inclusion in the narrative mold as of now. And he's one of my absolute least favorite piece of emotional equipment used in season 2.

• Thinking about it, pretty much anything I say.

You know this is an exaggerated claim. You're wrong.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

Thinking about it, pretty much anything I say.

• edited September 2016

Well, I mean, I do have a noose as a decorative room-piece and it's been getting me contemplative...

[Was that a bit too far?]

But you said you were just like AJ! Do you hate yourself as well?

• Nah, I was only half-joking, to be honest. My most unpopular opinion is probably the whole AJ thing and even that has a short few people who back it, so yeah, I wasn't actually being serious.

But thanks, anyway, for pointing out that somewhere, in some far distant land, somebody may actually agree with me.

Thinking about it, pretty much anything I say. You know this is an exaggerated claim. You're wrong.

• I was actually alluding to your point that everything you say seems to be an unpopular opinion. I was acting as if that were an unpopular opinion of yours as well.

I thought about pointing it out, but then the joke would sink.

But then again, here we are.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

Nah, I was only half-joking, to be honest. My most unpopular opinion is probably the whole AJ thing and even that has a short few people who

• [Michonne] Some days I envy the dead.

Well, I mean, I do have a noose as a decorative room-piece and it's been getting me contemplative... [Was that a bit too far?]

• And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't like Michonne.

[Michonne] Some days I envy the dead.

• God damn it! Me and my inability to get ironically funny jokes.

I was actually alluding to your point that everything you say seems to be an unpopular opinion. I was acting as if that were an unpopular op

• Kenny, Danny, Marcus, Nate, Carlos, Troy, and Buricko are pretty much stereotypes when stop to look at em. Larry, Doug, Danny, Jolene, Eddie, Michelle, Luke, Carver and Reggie aren't that much better.

• edited October 2016

This is rather a fact instead of an opinion, but...

I've never watched Fear the Walking Dead. And have no interest in doing so.

EDIT: Misspelt something

• I've never watched Fear the Walking Dead. And have no interest in doing so.

Keep it that way.

This is rather a fact instead of an opinion, but... I've never watched Fear the Walking Dead. And have no interest in doing so. EDIT: Misspelt something

• Okay lol.

I've never watched Fear the Walking Dead. And have no interest in doing so. Keep it that way.

• Even though I absolutely despised Nick's death in Episode 4, I'm sort of proud at how far he came, considering the circumstances... (His determinant status, Carver's camp, The Herd).

• On that note, I personally liked the idea of his death, but the lack of build-up and focus leading up to it definitely took away from it. Though he still had more impact on the story than Sarah's death, for some reason. :unamused:

Cody_nara posted: »

Even though I absolutely despised Nick's death in Episode 4, I'm sort of proud at how far he came, considering the circumstances... (His determinant status, Carver's camp, The Herd).

• Well... Sarah's early episode 4 death had a decent impact, but her other death? Nope.

On that note, I personally liked the idea of his death, but the lack of build-up and focus leading up to it definitely took away from it. Though he still had more impact on the story than Sarah's death, for some reason.

• I've been planning a whole topic dedicated to talking about Sarah that's been pushed back numerous reasons, including the fact that that scene has so many inherent plot holes, unfortunate implications, and missed opportunities associated with it (That's 16 pages of unedited material, btw).

The decision to potentially leave her behind is one of my favorite scenes in the Season because of the differing personalities and views between Jane, Clementine, and Sarah. Which is yet another reason why the "canon" death bothers me so much: it shits all over the first one!

Cody_nara posted: »

Well... Sarah's early episode 4 death had a decent impact, but her other death? Nope.

• edited October 2016

They could have (and for the stories sake, should have) just made him straight up die of hypothermia. That way, his death really wouldn't have been her fault as there's nothing she could have done about that.

This sounds promising! However, I'm having a hard time coming up with a scenario in which Jane kills the newborn on accident. How would t

• Huh? 'Cause of that one quote?

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't like Michonne.

• edited October 2016

People would theorize that she made him eat snow.

This refers to people on YouTube.

They could have (and for the stories sake, should have) just made him straight up die of hypothermia. That way, his death really wouldn't have been her fault as there's nothing she could have done about that.

• You might regret it when I win that machete of yours!

Huh? 'Cause of that one quote?

• Not of the quote. But the thing she was going to do is one of the reasons.

Huh? 'Cause of that one quote?

• Don't be generous, I'm sure some people on the forum would say that too.

People would theorize that she made him eat snow. This refers to people on YouTube.

• I would've been dissapointed.

Don't be generous, I'm sure some people on the forum would say that too.

• I love Chris from FTWD.

KappaPride.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited October 2016

I'm pretty sure I said it before, but I'll say it again

I liked Jane a lot more than Molly. Molly never stood out to me, honestly. It felt like her purpose was so the game could have its own version of Michonne or Daryl; the warrior woman/signature bad ass. I mean, credit where it's due, they did give Molly some complexity as a character and I'm grateful for that, but it was never enough to really interest me. Whereas Jane is someone who I gravitated towards pretty quickly. She just seemed more intriguing than Molly was.

Basically, Jane feels like a more grounded and believable version of Molly to me.

• edited October 2016

[removed]

Deltino posted: »

I'm pretty sure I said it before, but I'll say it again I liked Jane a lot more than Molly. Molly never stood out to me, honestly. It fel

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited October 2016

As far as I'm concerned, Sarah is the only time in the entire game where leaving someone to die is actually the better option than saving them.

Everyone else's second deaths/determinant scenes are pretty cool. Carley/Doug, Ben, Pete, Alvin... even Nick, because at least saving him gets you the scene of Walter saving his life, some dialogue in episode 3, and what such.

Sarah, on the other hand, rewards you with... basically nothing if you save her. Just a stupid death that no one acknowledges outside of Jane and Clementine, and even then, only for about 2 minutes.

I've been planning a whole topic dedicated to talking about Sarah that's been pushed back numerous reasons, including the fact that that sce

Sign in to comment in this discussion.