Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• Which is weird, considering Jane didn't enter the story until Episode 3. Just like Christa and Omid....

NorthStars posted: »

Omid should have stayed and replaced Kenny or Jane as a main character. Ill never forget you bro. :,(

• ok lol

DabigRG posted: »

Oh, don't you start THAT again!

• Here's a bundle of my unpopular (Or to me it seems as though unpopular) opinions

• There shouldn't have been a clear protagonist but rather a bundle of perspectives in season 2, alternating between one another to get to know the new characters which would've just died or ran away from the plot anyway.

• I feel as though Ben shouldn't have died in season 1 as he was one of the few characters which we had seen stronger and weaker sides of and one of the few characters which strongly developed throughout the story (One of the best season 1 developments in a character I believe). I feel as though if he had survived then he would've taken on a big brother role in Clementine's life and even shielded her from the harsh reality of things

• Personally think Bonnie has the worst personality out of all of the characters which we have encountered. If she sees fit, she will justify any behaviour of any character ( As seen with Carver until she decides to help ) And I personally think that them escaping through Bonnie should've been a 50/50 instead of unavoided situation

• I would've liked a backstory on Carver so we could learn how he got to be where he was and why he was the way he presented himself

• Heavily disliked the forced deaths of characters, the lack of freedom and choice of who you want alive and dead strained and kept me from fully completing season 2, I think the only justifiable forced deaths were the Jane/Kenny scenario as the situation developed and had a reason for the was going to happen (Jane lying about losing AJ)

• I have a feeling that our endings didn't matter in the long run just from the teaser trailer where Clementine is seen with a man which we haven't seen. So basically once again our choices being disregarded and if that's the case I hope the season is bloody spectacular otherwise I will be avoiding the new season as a whole and probably only watching someone else play so i dont waste my money.

• I feel as though Larry's behaviour was justifiable throughout season 1, he seems to have anger issues ( In a apocalypse scenario there isn't much you can do ), he was protective over Lilly as she was the last precious thing to him - this is that we assume his whole family died as did his friends. Along with him disliking Lee as Larry only knew him as a murderer and nothing else.

• Carlos' death was stupid and unnecessary

• Wish Duck had survived/not gotten bitten and that Clementine and him grew up together where the two developed and matured (Clementine going from a scared, shy girl to a slightly colder but leader like figure and Duck from a loud, cheerful boy to a calm strategist as we had seen he had a thing for playing detective)

• I feel like Lilly was one of the best characters we have seen in this whole series, generally she's a caring person who actually opens up to Lee and grows protective of him ( If you sides with her and tried to save her father ) and even goes as far to save him to a selfless leader, trained warrior, emotional strategist and a lot of the characters which came across her should've learnt a thing or two from her

• The Lee going to prison scene being one of the best scenes in both of the games by far

1. Eeeh...it sounds like it coulda been a neat concept but I think everyone wanted Clementine to be the main character again.
    2. Definitely agree.
    3. Eh. Kinda like what they did for the most part, to be honest.
    4. Yes! It would've done wonders considering what an irrelevant corny and predictable villain he ended up being.
    5. Agreed--for the most part.
    6. Agree but hope that gets proven wrong.
    7. Agreed.
    8. Eh...I don't know if I'd say unnecessary. But stupid really depends on the person, so I abstain.
    9. You know what, you're not the first I've seen say that. But yeah, it would've been neat. Plus, it could've solved some of Season 2's problems.
    10. She is a complex character.
    11. Eh.
    MTCkitten posted: »

Here's a bundle of my unpopular (Or to me it seems as though unpopular) opinions * There shouldn't have been a clear protagonist but ra

• I love both Kenny and Jane.

• So what ending did you choose?

ABigBadWolf posted: »

I love both Kenny and Jane.

• Jane. I freaked out and shot.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

So what ending did you choose?

• Aww (this definitely doesn't suit this situation but). Me too,but later on because of technical issues I replayed it all and chose Leave with Kenny. I cried man ;__;

Jane. I freaked out and shot.

• edited September 2016

I made a backup just in case so I got to see some Kenny as well. Tears were shed. :'(

edit: them ugly emojis ruining the emotion...

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Aww (this definitely doesn't suit this situation but). Me too,but later on because of technical issues I replayed it all and chose Leave with Kenny. I cried man ;__;

• Telltale Killing off Lee in S1 was the worst decision they have ever done.

• I dunno what's sadder -- leaving Kenny all alone or him dying after you shoot him. ; ;

I think emojis are pretty cool now haha.

I made a backup just in case so I got to see some Kenny as well. Tears were shed. edit: them ugly emojis ruining the emotion...

• edited September 2016

:flushed:...Sa'ne is something I think could've happened. And I kinda wish it did.
    :cold_sweat:
    Does that make me terrible?

• I am very much not looking forward to Season 3.

• Really now? Any thoughts on why?

• Okay...I haven't been paying much attention to the information so I'll your word for it.

Personally, some of the issues that came with Season 2 is reflecting poorly off of what little I've seen so far.

• Lee, Kenny and Lilly made a pretty solid, competent team (despite the squabbling) before Lilly went completely crazy and killed Carley or Doug.
    Clementine should have died in season 1 instead of Lee.

• Clementine should have died in season 1 instead of Lee.

Because THAT's what everyone wanted to see!

wdfan posted: »

Lee, Kenny and Lilly made a pretty solid, competent team (despite the squabbling) before Lilly went completely crazy and killed Carley or Doug. Clementine should have died in season 1 instead of Lee.

• edited September 2016

I just watched that video. My God, it was beautiful.

• The conflict between Sarah and Jane was probably bound to be rife with debate/controversy given the "morals" of the previous episodes. The observation deck fiasco just made it more apparent.

• edited September 2016

I'm pretty neutral on both characters, but personally I think Lilly was much more complex and interesting than Bonnie. Doesn't necessarily have to be a preference based on "good"and "bad"

Edit: I mean, I think both does morally good and bad things. But Lilly had layers, while Bonnie can be summed up in the phrase "needs validation"

• edited September 2016

No I know who you were asking, I was just jumping in as someone who has no strong preference for either.

Well, if you find Bonnie more complex, that's your view. Their view is that Lilly is more complex. Both are to an extent but they also both have pretty polar opposite personalities, so I can see why one person would like Lilly but hate Bonnie and vice versa. Lilly is blunt and does things without the need for people to agree with her, Boinnie is cautious and needs to have someone on her side before doing most things.

• Agreed, kinda.

Chromid posted: »

i genuinely wanted to leave with mike, bonnie, and arvo in the end. i also believe that arvo deserved a lot better.

• Though my opinion was originally not very positive, Arvo has grown on me as time went on.

• BetterToSleep

I see what you did there. Ah, old times.

• before Lilly went completely crazy and killed Carley or Doug.

Are you jumping over the week when Kenny not once admits to Lilly that there were better ways of handling the incident at the meat locker? Even if he didn't believe it, he could've told her so to calm her down.

wdfan posted: »

Lee, Kenny and Lilly made a pretty solid, competent team (despite the squabbling) before Lilly went completely crazy and killed Carley or Doug. Clementine should have died in season 1 instead of Lee.

• Amid The Ruins is probably the most atmospheric episode of the game.

If there is one thing that episode definitely nailed, it was atmosphere. The civil war site, the observation deck, the museum... it just felt right. Everything felt calm, but with an air of melancholy looming over it. Like a rainy day at a cemetery. It's calm and quiet, but the feelings of grief and sorrow still linger in the air.

Shit, I'm just sending all poetic now, aren't I? Let's just leave it at this: the episode, for all its faults, absolutely nailed the atmosphere, probably the best out of any episode of the game to date.

• I dislike Kenny and Jane...both of them... Kenny is an emotionally and physically abusive co-dependent. Jane lacks empathy to people she considers "liabilities".

Yeah, I'll start running now...

• Oh, and I liked Duck. Who everyone seems to hate... I'll run even faster now...

tellnoone posted: »

I dislike Kenny and Jane...both of them... Kenny is an emotionally and physically abusive co-dependent. Jane lacks empathy to people she considers "liabilities". Yeah, I'll start running now...

• Yeah, why is that? Cause lookin' back on it, he really wasn't in the way that much and most of the few times he was the focus of something, it helped move the plot along in a useful way.

tellnoone posted: »

Oh, and I liked Duck. Who everyone seems to hate... I'll run even faster now...

• I disliked Jane. I thought she was a sloppy replacement for Molly. That ending where she and Kenny get into it during the drive felt so out of place for her character. The whole introduction of her character is how recluse she is and antisocial. Then she's suddenly throwing low blows at Kenny about his family? (Mind you, Kenny was a straight up ass) but it was out of nowhere that she starts going off like that. Idk that's just my own viewpoint, obviously.

And don't even get me started on her decision to leave AJ crying in a car so she can prove a point to Clementine. Like, bish wat? No.

Okay, rant over. Don't kill me please.

• edited September 2016

I think most people who have a negative opinion of him do so because:

1) from his very introduction it's established he's a hyperactive and annoying kid that's "as dumb as a bag of hammers," not a great character to have in the zombie apocalypse or a video game in general.

2) within ten minutes of meeting him, he causes the death of a likeable character.

My opinion on duck softened in episode 2 after seeing the horror he now has to live with as a child (knowing he might have been thrown out to die because Larry thought he was bitten, eating human meat, getting held hostage at gunpoint, watching his dad get shot, watching as his parents loot a car). After his detective work in episode three I dare say I liked him. But for some players that wasn't enough to get over the initial episode characterization.

Yeah, why is that? Cause lookin' back on it, he really wasn't in the way that much and most of the few times he was the focus of something, it helped move the plot along in a useful way.

• It's okay; I hate her for other reasons...

I thought she was a sloppy replacement for Molly.

Not really?[I know I've talked about this somewhere else]

torcrux posted: »

I disliked Jane. I thought she was a sloppy replacement for Molly. That ending where she and Kenny get into it during the drive felt so out

• he's a hyperactive and annoying kid that's "as dumb as a bag of hammers," not a great character to have in the zombie apocalypse or a video game in general.

Sooo, not Clementine.:lol:

within ten minutes of meeting him, he causes the death of a likeable character. My opinion on duck softened in episode 2 after seeing the horror he now has to live with as a child. After his detective work in episode three I dare say I liked him. But for some players that wasn't enough to get over the initial episode characterization.

Oh yeah. That did happen.

I guess it's a case of never live it down.

LoseMyHome posted: »

I think most people who have a negative opinion of him do so because: 1) from his very introduction it's established he's a hyperactive a

• Maybe I'm just salty that Molly left and I loved her and wished her to come back but we got Jane instead... Lol

It's okay; I hate her for other reasons... I thought she was a sloppy replacement for Molly. Not really?[I know I've talked about this somewhere else]

• Eh. I honestly don't remember thinkin much of Molly either way, so it didn't really matter. Plus there's my policy about reused/similar ideas, which Jane fits perfectly.

At least you're not that person who said that Nick was just a ripoff of Lilly [no offense to whomever]. If that ain't being a petty nostalgia junkie, I don't know what is.

Maybe I'm just salty that Molly left and I loved her and wished her to come back but we got Jane instead... Lol

• I instantly took a shine to Arvo when he appeared in the trailer for Amid the Ruins.

Even though Amid the Ruins is my least favorite episode of Season Two, In Harm's Way gave me the least emotional impact.

Paige is, by far, THE most underrated character in the game franchise.

• Lol too true.

I liked Nick, despite him being a bish abrasive at first. I saw a lot of potential for character development. But alas, he was gone too soon for that to be explored.

I know there's a vast majority who didn't like the cabin group, but I really enjoyed them.

Eh. I honestly don't remember thinkin much of Molly either way, so it didn't really matter. Plus there's my policy about reused/similar idea

• Ok...sometimes I can miss some subtle character traits...but how is Nick ..Lilly 2.0

Eh. I honestly don't remember thinkin much of Molly either way, so it didn't really matter. Plus there's my policy about reused/similar idea

• Because he shot some fairly likable guy after being moody about essentially being orphaned at the loss of a family member. Because THAT's all Lilly was about, am I right?

You'd might as well call Kenny a Lilly ripoff at that point.

Ok...sometimes I can miss some subtle character traits...but how is Nick ..Lilly 2.0

• I liked Nick, despite him being a bish abrasive at first. I saw a lot of potential for character development. But alas, he was gone too soon for that to be explored.

For some reason, Nick is was character I just didn't get into during my two playthroughs despite really wanting to, though he is a legitimately complex character despite his appearance and he has grown on me a bit as time went on. He and Sarah deserved better than they got, for contrasting reasons.

I know there's a vast majority who didn't like the cabin group, but I really enjoyed them.

Oh dude, Alvin was the only one I liked from the get-go, Sarah was endearing after the second episode, and I got over the heresay about Luke after episode 3. And Rebecca, Nick, and Carlos all had their moments, even if they were brief.

Like I've said before, the Cabin Group weren't bad characters, it's just that they had some big shoes to fill in the eyes of Season 1 junkies, got their flaws hyper-focused on, and then gradually got downplayed during the third episode by the likes of Kenny and Jane before they could really grow into their own.

Lol too true. I liked Nick, despite him being a bish abrasive at first. I saw a lot of potential for character development. But alas, he

Sign in to comment in this discussion.