Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• Agreed, Carol is the best!! She will forever be my favourite character!!

Ghosthack posted: »

Oooh, this should be fun. * I want Clem for S3 PC * I had a love/hate relationship with Kenny in S1, but S2 soured me on him completel

• I never really got into Nick.

• Yes. I liked that part where she used her dad's name. The face she made was kind of sad as if she had to forget the memories. If we could see little more things like that, it would be awesome.

Deltino posted: »

It's less that she doesn't talk about them much that bugs me, as much as that she doesn't really acknowledge them. I liked the scene when sh

• I could care less if we ever see Christa again. Some constantly go on about wanting her to come back but it doesn't bother me. Given, it does need closure.

Oh, while we're on the subject of unpopular opinions, I find it ridiculous that Negan is STILL kicking. He should not be alive. I love him as a villain, the way he's written, and his dialogue, but sweet Christ on a bagel has he overstayed his welcome. Rick should have killed him when All Out War ended.

• For me the first (and only) thing I thought about when Carlos died was, "Oh shit now Sarah's going to go batshit crazy."

Carlos was the most forgettable, and least developed of the cabin survivors, even more so than Alvin Could you explain this one? I f

• Some characters who disappeared are better off, for the sake of realism.

With Love, Lady Chusets.

• Thats one of the reasons I saved doug, I was irritated carley couldnt get a one armed walker off her leg without using ammo

The choice to either save Carley or Doug was so blatantly artificial, it took me out of the experience for the remainder of the episode.

• I agree completely.

Chusets posted: »

Some characters who disappeared are better off, for the sake of realism. With Love, Lady Chusets.

• edited August 2016

I know this videogame isn't perfect and there some things that definitely could improve, but people complain too much. Seriously, there are days I look at the forums and I wonder if anyone likes The Walking Dead at all. Specially after the release of a new episode.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

People still like it. Just uh... just not on here, ironically enough.

I know this videogame isn't perfect and there some things that definitely could improve, but people complain too much. Seriously, there are

• I think most people do, even on here however if your going to moan here is where you go to do it.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Yeah, I'm just joking around like usual

I think most people do, even on here however if your going to moan here is where you go to do it.

• Despite it's very glaring and obvious flaws, I love Season 2 and always will, this includes the Cabin Group. I think at the very least, it's because Telltale could have easily had just done a rehash of Season 1. "Play as Omid/Christa, fan favourite characters or bring Kenny back and play as him because he's alive, protect Clementine from bandits, walkers, people, etc." It could be the same old, same old, with a different twist or new gameplay mechanic here and there and it would have still sold well, perhaps even perform better than The Walking Dead: Season Two in sales. The fact that they tried something new,

"Hey let's have you play as Clementine",

"Hey, rather than stay in one place like the motel in Season 1 for so long, how about you are always forced to keep moving showing the developing instability of the world around you",

"Hey, let's have harsher characters like Jane, let's have another young girl, let's have a direct human antagonist who has more of a presence",

"Hey, how about we have more determinant characters, let's say you can get Nick or Alvin killed in Episode 2, or perhaps save them later on borrowed time",

"Hey why don't we challenge Kenny with another character who is harsher?"

"Hey, why don't we have multiple endings for once?"

You can see the ideas themselves aren't necessarily too bad, it's just how they were written that ruined it. But I loved the atmosphere of Season 2, I truly felt like a weaker individual (physically) caught in a more destructive world, the stakes were higher, the arguments were fiercer, there was much more pressure, things like escaping a dangerous community, walking through a herd with your friend screaming next to you, surviving a shootout, watching a friend plunge to their death on a frozen lake, The Walking Dead: Season 2 had a brilliant cold and harsher atmosphere in comparison to the warmer and hopeful atmosphere of Season 1.

Say what you will, (because once again there ARE A LOT of flaws), but I still stick by it and love it.

• Same here! When she was like "Oh shit" upon seeing walkers come towards her in Episode 2, it was great.

I love it when Clementine swears.

• Well, of course people like it. People like it implies that they care and they complain about something they like because they care about it. So, ignoring those who see Season 2, Michonne, and/or 400 Days as worthless crap, I would definitely say that almost everyone here does like it.

• Well said :)

HarjKS posted: »

Despite it's very glaring and obvious flaws, I love Season 2 and always will, this includes the Cabin Group. I think at the very least, it's

• Despite it's very glaring and obvious flaws, I love Season 2 and always will, this includes the Cabin Group. I think at the very least, it's because Telltale could have easily had just done a rehash of Season 1.
    The fact that they tried something new,[....]
    You can see the ideas themselves aren't necessarily too bad, it's just how they were written that ruined it.
    The Walking Dead: Season 2 had a brilliant cold and harsher atmosphere in comparison to the warmer and hopeful atmosphere of Season 1.

I agree with this because you are right. I could argue for/with/against some of your minor points, but I'm sure anyone can.

Despite it's very glaring and obvious flaws, I love Season 2 and always will, this includes the Cabin Group. I think at the very least, it's

• Thank you

Well said

• Mike's a dick, always has been.

Might be because he's one of the characters I'm researching that seem to be in a sympathetic, but care to explain because I'm not getting this.

Ercajayme posted: »

Might as well I have nothing to lose * Kenny is my second favourite character. (Second to Clem of course) * I prefer Season 2 to Seaso

• I don't mind it much either, but I recently came to the understanding that it isn't the fact that she's cursing but that her swearing kinda contradicts how her character was established without proper explanation.

I love it when Clementine swears.

• Sorry I'm late in realizing this, but you should totally copy and paste this into dan#####'s "What you would have done differently" thread.

I think whatever fondess he had of Jane would have gone when she left without telling him. I'd think so too. But after she came back

• I think Luke and Jane are responsible for Sarah's (second) death.

• It may seem like people hate it, but to have soo many people nit picking/paying attention to almost every little detail in the game is so insane that it seems like they do like it, but don't want to admit it. Especially since the same people that claim to hate it come back to discuss it time and time again.

I know this videogame isn't perfect and there some things that definitely could improve, but people complain too much. Seriously, there are

• Well yes they technically are, I still am baffled by Luke and Jane (who are both pretty good survivalists) deciding that NOW was the best time to do this, especially when Luke was tasked with checking the perimeter and making sure no walkers came in whilst Rebecca is pregnant, and possibly about to give birth any minute now. To be fair, the scene in which Luke (also credit to the amazing VA), reacts to Jane leaving and argues with Kenny, ("Look around you, okay, everything is shit! So forgive me for wanting to have one moment of something else!"), was a really great scene.

After having Sarah die, the group attacked, and with little to no food or supplies alongside Jane leaving, it was really good to see a usually optimistic and well-meaning person like Luke suddenly turn and have this angry spiel about their situation and emotional needs. But once again, like Season 2, it has the running anomaly of amazing ideas and just poor execution.

I think it should have been something where Luke was told to only check the perimeter of walkers nearby Jane, just to make sure it would be safer to go there later when Rebecca is giving birth. Luke comes back later, telling everyone he has thinned the walkers out and he'll head back there to obviously have his "thing" with Jane. Of course walkers arrive later when Rebecca is screaming and Kenny will blame Luke, though Luke doesn't have more blame because he was told to only check walkers "nearby Jane" which he did, all the walkers that attack them are coming from the area nearby Rebecca because her water broke before they could get her to Jane, hence her screaming attracts walkers and so on.

I think Luke and Jane are responsible for Sarah's (second) death.

• I disagree and will take the chance to expand on my opinion.

In the canon scenario, Luke and Jane were having sex, so the former did not notice the incoming herd of walkers—and therefore, couldn't warn the rest of the group. Bonnie, Mike, Sarah, Kenny, Clementine and Rebecca were taken by surprise, though they still managed to arrive at the observation deck. Eventually, Rebecca underwent labour inside the gift shop, screaming, attracting the walkers to their location, while Sarah decided to remain out of the gift shop for whatever reason. Clementine and Luke moved a cannon, which subsequently ended with the corroded floor collapsing and Sarah falling to her death no matter what Jane tries to prevent it.

Let's say that Luke and Jane didn't have sex so the former successfully warns the rest of the group. They arrive earlier at the observation deck, but with the herd following Luke's direction nonetheless, because he couldn't have spotted the walkers from ground level without them noticing him. Rebecca undergoes labor, attracting walkers, and everything plays out as usual. Sarah has no reason to change her mind about where she will step. When the undead climb the stairs, Clementine and Luke move a cannon; the floor collapses; Sarah falls to her death.

Why would it be any different?

I think Luke and Jane are responsible for Sarah's (second) death.

• edited August 2016

Ehh... I would but it's not very coherent.

As @wdfan said it would be too out of character for Luke to get on a fight to the death with Kenny. He'd probably try to restrain him, not fight him.
    Then what would Jane/Mike/Bonnie/Arvo be doing ? Just... looking at them kill eachother? Nah, they probably be able to separate them two.
    And finally it doesn't make much sense in terms of choices... I mean, who would leave with Mike and the others just to stick with Kenny later? Idk, TellTale would have to do a really good job victimizing Kenny and demonizing Luke in order to make a player that left Kenny choose him later.

Anyways, if you (or anyone else) have better ideas to make this more coherent and in-character feel free to use this.

DabigRG posted: »

Sorry I'm late in realizing this, but you should totally copy and paste this into dan#####'s "What you would have done differently" thread.

• To be fair, the scene in which Luke (also credit to the amazing VA), reacts to Jane leaving and argues with Kenny, ("Look around you, okay, everything is shit! So forgive me for wanting to have one moment of something else!"), was a really great scene.

Agreed. If him sneaking into Carver's camp was the moment I started to like him, then this was the beginning of his character actually having a point to prove and a lesson to teach.

Also, may I suggest pasting your suggestion if dan#####'s "What if" thread?

Well yes they technically are, I still am baffled by Luke and Jane (who are both pretty good survivalists) deciding that NOW was the best ti

• [removed]

I disagree and will take the chance to expand on my opinion. In the canon scenario, Luke and Jane were having sex, so the former did not

• Luke was supposed to be on watch. I'm not against the fact that they had sex, I can perfectly understand Luke's reasoning too (hence why I love the scene in which he goes on an angry spiel, it was very well done). However, none of the former members such as Clementine, Kenny, Rebecca, Bonnie, Mike, or Sarah (or even Jane for that matter), understood the amount of walkers that were around the area. Had Luke been on watch and saw the amount of walkers close to the perimeter (which you can notice without having to give away your location, they were close but not so close that Luke couldn't just see them from behind bushes or trees), he could have come back to the group and told them that it would be best to get Rebecca inside the gift shop now, as opposed to just having the group be left out in the open with little to no defence (remember Luke is the one with the firepower since he went out with the AK).

Also, to add to this, even if walkers were coming back, the group could have still moved to the gift shop before Rebecca underwent labour if Luke had rushed back and told everyone to go back into the gift shop. I don't know the specifics but if we assume we get everyone into the gift shop and then Rebecca undergoes labour when she's in a more secure location, whilst they are attracting walkers, people like Sarah who were rushed towards the gift shop with little preparation on where to go or what to do, could have instead remained inside with Rebecca (thus when the deck collapses by moving the cannon, nobody is there except possibly Jane who could still grab the ledge and thus Sarah is safe).

I disagree and will take the chance to expand on my opinion. In the canon scenario, Luke and Jane were having sex, so the former did not

• edited August 2016

...while Sarah decided to remain out of the gift shop for whatever reason.

I know I've complained about this scene at least thirty times already, but let me address it anyway: Sarah remaining outside of the gift shop(didn't know that's what that was, to be honest) was supposed to be a visual indication of her loyalty to Clementine and willingness to help the group survive regardless of her personal feelings on either subject. They specifically make a point of showing her walk up next to Clementine while still having a nervous/afraid expression, setting her up to be involved...before she just akwardly moonwalks behind the canon the moment gameplay kicks in.

That scene has many, many, many, MANY problems but the bone I (and no doubt others, regardless of their opinions on the character) have to pick is this: if you were paying attention to anything involving Sarah and Jane both before and during this episode, there was a buildup for Sarah getting fed up with everything and finally taking a stand and/or fighting back, whether it be against Carver/Walkers(their enemies from the beginning), Jane/Arvo(who technically attempted to hurt her/Clementine), or even Clementine/Luke(admitted expectations/speculation on my part, but the inklings were there). They even have a few blink and you'll miss it details that seemingly occur completely irrelevant to Sarah, but would have likely come into play later.

But they don't follow up on any of that, and thus, Sarah (and to a lesser extent Jane) have these sudden changes of heart that results in her unavoidable death without any real resolution to her arc.

Why would it be any different?

Because they would have more time to get properly prepared to fight back. Sarah's problem in that scenario wasn't that she was out on the deck at all, but that she and Jane were the furthest from the ledge and ended up being too slow and fell.

• So...if they were paying attention, they would have had enough time to get back to the group, warn them, get ready for the attack,

Did you read what the guy wrote? How would that in any way change what happened? So they get to the deck earlier, the walkers will still be attracted to rebecca's screams

• Sarah stood on the deck because she didnt know what to do not out of some loyalty or anything. I know that scene is badly done but its not really jane or lukes fault what happens. Its perhaps more clear that the intended death for sarah is in the trailer park, everything about the second death seems rushed with no aftermath or reaction from other characters.

...while Sarah decided to remain out of the gift shop for whatever reason. I know I've complained about this scene at least thirty t

• Honestly, I hate Sarah's deaths (both of them), and how they handled Sarah. She should have survived with Clementine by the end and not be a determinant character.

...while Sarah decided to remain out of the gift shop for whatever reason. I know I've complained about this scene at least thirty t

• I disagree sort of, I kinda liked the whole doomed from the moment you meet her idea, while sad her story was what many people would end up like in the apocalypse. I feel a lot of people like with sam the dog had this massive idea for what they wanted her to be and in reality they were blinded, Sarah had been sheltered and couldnt adapt and she died, it was that simple. She was a brutal example of what clem could have become like Duck and fivel were in season 1.

I hate the second death because it makes her character inconsistent by making her suddenly snap out of her trauma and suggests hope for her then they kill her anyway. Its pretty cruel really. While horrific and sad if her character once again refused to move when the walkers came it would at least serve a narrative to what jane was saying about certain people not being able to survive and at least give sarah a point, however as it is the second death is just bad for all characters and doesnt fit with the supposed happy scene of the baby being born and the group fighting off walkers by defending rebecca.

Honestly, I hate Sarah's deaths (both of them), and how they handled Sarah. She should have survived with Clementine by the end and not be a determinant character.

• Well, to be fair, they could be coming back to explain why they hate it, but the point stands.

Also, read my comment above.

DoubleJump posted: »

It may seem like people hate it, but to have soo many people nit picking/paying attention to almost every little detail in the game is so in

• @TheAutisticGamer apparently didn't.

That's not awkward at all… for any of us…

So...if they were paying attention, they would have had enough time to get back to the group, warn them, get ready for the attack, D

• Uuuh...that's kinda true, if only because her just standing there was a clear indication of that. I did a lot of cutscene rewatching for the purpose of future plans, but the moment I was referring is when Luke gives Clementine some weaponry before the battle begins: as Clementine is loading her gun, Sarah walks up to her side. While, from a foreshadowing standpoint, its clearly there to show that she was on the deck before it collapsed, the loyalty aspect makes sense for the way her character had been portrayed in the previous episodes and would have been the ideal hope spot if that was the moment her character began the road to recovery.

Also, those details I mentioned before would have almost certainly come into play considering both happen within the vicinity of both of her deaths in the final product.

Its perhaps more clear that the intended death for sarah is in the trailer park, everything about the second death seems rushed with no aftermath or reaction from other characters.

Then why give us the option to try and save her from herself then? They pretty clearly leave a few implied possibilities for her character going forward should you do so, determinate to your interactions with her, of course. I definitely agree that the death itself was certainly rushed, but it could have easily been done in a better fashion if they really wanted her dead in the next episode's context.

I've already given a "being nice" alternative in "What would you have changed?"-topic that would have suited the tone and "aesop" a little more, so there's that much for the time being....

Sarah stood on the deck because she didnt know what to do not out of some loyalty or anything. I know that scene is badly done but its not r

• But they didn't do it well. Once again, great ideas, bad execution. Almost every single determinant you meet has the "doomed from the moment you meet them", and guess what? They did a much better story with Ben. Ben was considered weaker, was a good character, you can save him despite him not wanting to and yes he is doomed to die. With Sarah it was more like "She has anxiety, she's useless, she can't do anything right" and they were doing this with Nick too. I don't see why we couldn't have Sarah actually adapt with Clementine's help and become stronger because of it. It's tiring to have the "oh the weak character who is nice and has good intentions but they're doomed in this decrepit world".

I disagree sort of, I kinda liked the whole doomed from the moment you meet her idea, while sad her story was what many people would end up

• I hate the second death because it makes her character inconsistent by making her suddenly snap out of her trauma and suggests hope for her then they kill her anyway.

Wow. I just got through mentioning this in a previous comment. Although, I actually don't mind too much if they had her snap out of her trauma for a moment and then kill her off anyway; it's really more the fact that they have her do so without having it contributing to anything important, so I just comes off as pointless and cruel.

While horrific and sad if her character once again refused to move when the walkers came it would at least serve a narrative to what jane was saying about certain people not being able to survive and at least give sarah a point, however as it is the second death is just bad for all characters and doesnt fit with the supposed happy scene of the baby being born and the group fighting off walkers by defending rebecca.

I want to apologize for any previous confrontational comment or thought I had towards you on this subject--because you totally do get it.

I disagree sort of, I kinda liked the whole doomed from the moment you meet her idea, while sad her story was what many people would end up

• edited August 2016

Ben was also not quite right but he wasnt useless, ben was more a constant screw up. Sarah was just not capable, due to her mental anxiety she just couldnt handle the situations presented to her. That would have made her differ from ben, she doesnt exactly choose to die but like janes sister she just couldnt keep going. Sarah doesnt ever really screw up consciously shes not like ben where she makes bad decisons, shes just so innocent and sheltered that she does dumb things unintentionally which cause problems.Her death being an accident makes the character so inconsistent and makes her lack any real point, where as her dying due to being unable to function after her fathers death much more poignant and relevant to janes argument throughout the season.

Nick was just all over the place really. I feel whatever the character was meant to be never emerged. Though I do admit he was more ben 2.0 who screwed up by making foolish decisions, I felt sarah was something different which is why I quite like her arc is she dies at the trailer park

But they didn't do it well. Once again, great ideas, bad execution. Almost every single determinant you meet has the "doomed from the moment

Sign in to comment in this discussion.