Guardians of the Galaxy - The Telltale Series announced [Update Mar 9th: First Screenshots Revealed]

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited March 2017 in Guardians of the Galaxy

https://telltale.com/series/guardiansofthegalaxy/

Announcing 'Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series' for 2017

Revealed LIVE on stage at The Games Awards, today we can officially announce a previously-top-secret project we’ve been quietly working on behind the scenes… an interactive episodic game series based on Marvel's iconic Guardians of the Galaxy!

Titled Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series, you can expect to see the first episode of this new five-part adventure premiere digitally in 2017 on home consoles, PC, and mobile devices.

What did Telltale and Marvel have to say about the project in the official announcement? Read on…

"The energizing blend of humor, emotion, teamwork, and full-on sci-fi action-adventure of the Guardians provides an enormously satisfying space to explore through Telltale’s unique style of interactive storytelling," said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. "In Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series, players will take on multiple roles within the ragtag band of heroes, and take the pilot’s seat in directing their escapades around the universe. We are always honored to be working with the best creative partners and storytellers in entertainment, and working with Marvel on this series leaves us excited to share what we’ve been developing when it premieres in 2017."

“With story at the core of everything that Marvel creates, who better to team with than master storytellers Telltale Games,” said Jay Ong, Senior Vice President, Games & Innovation, Marvel Entertainment. “Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series fully showcases Marvel and Telltale’s rich legacy of storytelling, and fans will find themselves immersed in an original, character-driven narrative. As part of our strategy to establish a new standard for Marvel games, this is certainly among the great titles to come.”

The series will also hit retail as a special season pass disc, which will include the first episode in the season, and will grant access to the subsequent four episodes as they become available for download via online updates. We’ll have more specific platform details to announce in the coming year.

Comments

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited December 2016

Ooga Chaka Ooga Ooga Ooga Chaka Ooga Ooga

I can't stop this feeling...

• edited December 2016

Zoom Zoom.
    You fast, man.
    [IRRELEVANT]

• Guess I've got a couple movies to see..

• I'm so hype if since they did a good job with Batman they have to do good with guardians.

• Got some serious throwbacks to Tales from the Borderlands with that planetary skyline.

• Let the magic continue...

Poogers555 posted: »

Got some serious throwbacks to Tales from the Borderlands with that planetary skyline.

• Deep inside of me~

Ooga Chaka Ooga Ooga Ooga Chaka Ooga Ooga I can't stop this feeling...

• SCREECHING NOISES SOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo HAPPY!

• So is this set in the comic universe or is going to be a part of the MCU?

• Another multi-protagonist game! Now Telltale has multi multi-protagonist games! Ah!

• The moment I saw the tape I smiled and knew immediately what it was.

The song is "Dancing in the Moonlight" for those curious.

• Probably it's own interpretation, as was the case with Batman.

So is this set in the comic universe or is going to be a part of the MCU?

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

I am so excited to finally **officially ** share this news with you guys!

• That's what that I was thinking, but I wasn't totally sure.

Probably it's own interpretation, as was the case with Batman.

• i could have sworn they said t takes place between the movies.

Probably it's own interpretation, as was the case with Batman.

• oh my god. HYPED!
    I got this 'tales from the borderlands' vibe right now!
    day one purchase!

• Sorry the internet is full of jerks ruining your surprise. :(

I am so excited to finally **officially ** share this news with you guys!

• I imagine it's going to be heavily based around the MCU incarnation of the team (which the comics eventually started reflecting) even if it's not set in the MCU.

• OMG, I know nothing about it. What should I do?

• I kinda have a feeling that if we base on the other leaks that infact the series will be weekly up to the release of Guardians 2, plus over a year sense the original game announcement, I think theres a chance that it may be in the MCU, kinda like the Netflix series.

• Also,

Whos hyped for some sick 70's songs?!

• The movie's good if you haven't seen it.

AronDracula posted: »

OMG, I know nothing about it. What should I do?

• I'll give it a shot.

dojo32161 posted: »

The movie's good if you haven't seen it.

• Literally what I'm excited for the most! I need those sexy openings!

Poogers555 posted: »

Also, Whos hyped for some sick 70's songs?!

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

It's alright. It's kind of par for the course as far as the internet goes nowadays!

Sorry the internet is full of jerks ruining your surprise.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited December 2016

players will take on multiple roles within the ragtag band of heroes

Please let Rocket be one. Please let Rocket be one.

Raccoon in Episode 4 of the Walking Dead 2. Rocket is a raccoon. Telltale is making a Guardians of the Galaxy game. Rocket is a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

enter image description here

• Rocket HAS to be a playable character there's no way he isn't!

players will take on multiple roles within the ragtag band of heroes Please let Rocket be one. Please let Rocket be one. Raccoon

• I for some reason thought the reveal was Tales from the borderland s2. Oh well.

• Great to have The Telltale Marvel Game be Guardians Of The Galaxy :D
    It's even more awesome that is to play as Multiple Characters like Tales Of Borderlands and Games Of Thrones

• edited December 2016

I admit I was hoping beyond hope that it would be a Spider-Man game in the vein of Batman, but Telltale working on a Guardians of the Galaxy game should be pretty sweet as well, especially given their work on Tales From the Borderlands (which I imagine this will be in a similar vein too).

I wonder if Telltale will get the current Guardian VA's from the cartoons to reprise their roles for the game or just get a completely new cast? Who wants to bet Laura Bailey will play Gamora? Troy Baker as Star-Lord would be hilarious.

I was wondering if we would get to play as multiple characters, given we're working with a team here, so nice to have that confirmed and looking forward to seeing how that plays out (probably not all that different from Game of Thrones).

It's obvious that they'll be taking a lot of cues from the MCU version of the Guardians, so I'm curious to see what they'll take from the comics.

Also eagerly waiting to hear what songs are on the "Rad Mix."

• I'm kinda tired of Troy Baker & Laura Bailey so I hope they choose someone else. They're good voice actors but they're everywhere :(

Frontier246 posted: »

I admit I was hoping beyond hope that it would be a Spider-Man game in the vein of Batman, but Telltale working on a Guardians of the Galaxy

• edited December 2016

enter image description here

In all seriousness, I'm indifferent about it.

I hope they don't end up just doing another Tales from the Borderlands as not only would it feel lazy and repetitive, but it would also take away the uniqueness that Tales offered to the table as a Telltale game.

• Excited for this. Although the YouTube comments are beyond unintelligent.

• and thats why i don't read youtube comments anymore.

ralo229 posted: »

Excited for this. Although the YouTube comments are beyond unintelligent.

• Also considering the great work that did with another space comedy, Borderlands, that gives us more reason to be hyped.

Creeper1846 posted: »

I'm so hype if since they did a good job with Batman they have to do good with guardians.

• Youtube comments are always like that, ignore them.

ralo229 posted: »

Excited for this. Although the YouTube comments are beyond unintelligent.

• Im pretty glad I already knew that it was Guardians, that opening looked just like Tales.

I for some reason thought the reveal was Tales from the borderland s2. Oh well.

• How did like half of the community predict this?

This discussion has been closed.