DVD Available for Pre-Order!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I always thought the Purcell cover as a pre-order bonus felt more like taking away than adding anything(both Sam and Max seasons had Purcell-drawn DVD covers for everybody), so having the cover get a more general release feels more like a correction of an overall plainly bad idea.
  • edited March 2010
    It does seem fairer when you put it that way, RD. The Sam and Max Purcell covers weren't just for pre-orderers. (I should know - I only bought them last year!) And those of us who did pre-order did still get other benefits, as mentioned already.

And it's not like they're as easy for non pre-orderers to get hold of. They can only get them with the deluxe version, so if they're not interested in/can't afford the extra goodies then they can't just get the DVD with the slipcover like the pre-orderers can.

That said, even though I pre-ordered I'm getting the deluxe version anyway. Because of the cool extra stuff :D But back during pre-release time I made use of the private forums and everything so I'm glad I pre-ordered!
  • edited March 2010
    I really need to stop thinking about how awesome what I just bought is or I'm never going to make it to April.
  • edited March 2010
    Does anyone have any idea how long the free shipping offer will be there for? I'm gonna need to wait a couple of weeks before I have enough money to get what I want, but if I know that the offer is going to be gone by then, I may as well just order the regular DVD now.
  • edited March 2010
    Fealiks wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how long the free shipping offer will be there for? I'm gonna need to wait a couple of weeks before I have enough money to get what I want, but if I know that the offer is going to be gone by then, I may as well just order the regular DVD now.

According to the front page on the Telltale site, you have 17 days before the offer ends. Hope that helps.
  • edited March 2010
    So, how many pieces are in the TMI Art Portfolio? The description says 12, the details say 16...

Oh, and what's to expect from the "Highlight Reel with Team Commentary" on the DVD? Is it the same as the audio-commentaries for S&M? One for each episode? about 30 minutes per Episodes? WITH DOM??
  • edited March 2010
    What does the normal slipcase cover art look? I did pre-order, so I will be getting the Purcell one, but I sure hope that the normal box art is underneath the Purcell slipcase. ( It probably isnt, or is it? )
  • edited March 2010
    Is this it?
    talesofmonkeyisland-disc-standard.png
    It looks sweet :)
  • edited March 2010
    Maybe you already discussed the point somewhere else, but will this DVD run on MAC? On the "detailed view" in the Store the System Requirements are indicated for PC but not for MAC.

Ciao
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    So, how many pieces are in the TMI Art Portfolio? The description says 12, the details say 16...

Oh, and what's to expect from the "Highlight Reel with Team Commentary" on the DVD? Is it the same as the audio-commentaries for S&M? One for each episode? about 30 minutes per Episodes? WITH DOM??

We did about 20-30 minutes of commentary per episode. I apologize in advance for my absurd overuse and misuse of the word "trope" in the episode 3 commentary track.

This is the first commentary track I've ever been asked to do and it was the most fun I've had at work in god knows how long. I think you guys will be really pleased with the content. Daniel H-Bomb Herrera and Jake Video Games Rodkin (along with the rest of us) are at our finest.
  • edited March 2010
    Ah, that's a great question. I was just about to put my order in for the Deluxe edition, but I want to make sure I get the Mac version.
  • edited March 2010
    We did about 20-30 minutes of commentary per episode. I apologize in advance for my absurd overuse and misuse of the word "trope" in the episode 3 commentary track.

This is the first commentary track I've ever been asked to do and it was the most fun I've had at work in god knows how long. I think you guys will be really pleased with the content. Daniel H-Bomb Herrera and Jake Video Games Rodkin (along with the rest of us) are at our finest.

Really looking forward to it!!
  • edited March 2010
    ...Will the back of the DVD include an excerpt from Guybrush's memoir?
  • edited March 2010
    Marill wrote: »
    Is this it?
    talesofmonkeyisland-disc-standard.png
    It looks sweet :)

Yeah that has to be it. I think thats actually almost as cool as the Purcell cover. It would be nice if they just tucked the Purcell cover over this one, so that people would have both.
  • edited March 2010
    Otis wrote: »
    Yeah that has to be it. I think thats actually almost as cool as the Purcell cover. It would be nice if they just tucked the Purcell cover over this one, so that people would have both.

Um ... wish granted? The Purcell cover is a slipcase that fits over the standard cover. :)

I'd have liked to have seen an original Ryan Jones painting commissioned for the default cover, personally. This looks more like a sophisticated render. But hey, that's a tiny splash of negative in an ocean of positive!
  • edited March 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    ...Will the back of the DVD include an excerpt from Guybrush's memoir?

It had better!
  • edited March 2010
    I suppose the sum of (34,95?) season pre-ordering way back doesnt count in this 50 dollar free shipping offer? Cuz if it did, we could add the deluxe stuff plus something worth a dollar or so to go over that 50 dollars to get all that for free shipping?
  • edited March 2010
    Ripcord wrote: »
    Ah, that's a great question. I was just about to put my order in for the Deluxe edition, but I want to make sure I get the Mac version.

Exactly my situation! That's why I asked...
  • edited March 2010
    nikasaur wrote:
    Not only will it feature both the PC and Mac version of Tales...

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-587
  • edited March 2010

Thanks! I go and buy it now, hoping that the free shipping over 50$ is valid for Italy too...
  • edited March 2010
    I hope that's not the final, err, non-Purcell cover. I'd be lying if I said I liked it...
  • edited March 2010
    Honestly, Laserschwert's ToMI poster pretty much set the bar so high, I would've been disappointed by just about anything else. It was just that damn awesome.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm torn between buying the regular edition for 18 euros (thanks to shipping) or the deluxe edition for 36. Even with the crappy course of the dollar, the shipping on the Deluxe is very expensive. And I'm Dutch, so greed comes naturally.
  • edited March 2010
    what happens if my order is $45 then I add the voodoo cards to my order making it $65, do I get free shipping? just asking coz the vodoo cards say they are prints in the store, but they were listed as suggestions to buy when buying the dvd?
  • edited March 2010
    The best way to find out for sure is to go to the last page of checkout and look at your shipping. If you don't get the free shipping, you don't have to finish.
  • edited March 2010

Sean, stop reading TVTropes RIGHT NOW! :p
  • edited March 2010
    So, when is the DVD coming out? Jokes. (haha, last time we'll be hearing that!)

Yay, deluxe edition. I just realised I should have scammed the tarot cards from my parents as well!
  • edited March 2010
    For the Sam & Max games I believe they had regular US Post ground shipping, and that came to something like $7. Forcing us to pay $18 for a "free" copy of something we've already purchased is not cool. I live in Canada and don't see why I should have to pay such an exorbant shipping price, especially when we got by perfectly well without it twice before.

I've always been under the impression that TellTale was on the gamer's side - near as I can tell, this increase in shipping is a scam - shall we say "incentive" - to get us to pony up for $50 worth of swag. If that's the case, it will greatly diminish my respect for the company. At the moment, I can't see why that's NOT the case.

Telltale, legitimately upset customers here, can we get a response please?
  • edited March 2010
    dementia13 wrote: »

I've always been under the impression that TellTale was on the gamer's side - near as I can tell, this increase in shipping is a scam - shall we say "incentive" - to get us to pony up for $50 worth of swag. If that's the case, it will greatly diminish my respect for the company. At the moment, I can't see why that's NOT the case.

I doubt TTG gets any cash for shipping. It's probably the shippers who've raised them prices.
  • edited March 2010
    so any idea how long the free shipping will be available? cause, i've kinda got about 75$ in my shopping cart and i kinda have to wait for that money :P

hum, i could just forget about wallace & gromit, but it still would be a lot of money, and since i'm going to buy it eventually anyway, i might just as well buy it when theres free shipping.
  • edited March 2010
    Crrash wrote: »
    so any idea how long the free shipping will be available?

The front page of the site gives a countdown.
  • edited March 2010
    I ordered the Deluxe DVD and SM Season 3.
    Can't wait for them!
  • edited March 2010
    Well, I think it's a bit silly that the "limited edition pre-order cover" can be bought with the special goodies version. I do agree that it probably should have been the normal version anyway, but then what was the point of pre-ordering if everyone else can get ahold of the bonuses anyway? Especially as I had to order that special goodies version ontop of my pre-order DVD to get the rest of the stuff. (at least with free shipping, thanks TT!)

I guess they regreted making the cover a pre-order bonus, and I'm not particularly bothered by it. But I do hope the Sam & Max bonuses stay as pre-order bonuses.
  • edited March 2010
    free shipping on orders over $50 worked for me in the UK.

Might as well have the tarot cards as pay for the shipping!
  • edited March 2010
    Thespis wrote: »
    The front page of the site gives a countdown.

haha thanks. took me a while to find it :P
  • edited March 2010
    I'm not sure what to do now. Do I add some additional items to my order to push it over $50 to qualify for free shipping or not?

Because if I do, won't I get stung for customs duty when the package comes in to the UK and have to pay at least another £11 on top of that?
  • edited March 2010
    It seems that anyone who orders now will be enjoying the DVD in a little over a month. Pretty damn awesome!
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, I ended up buying way more than I was anticipating. Aside from the Deluxe Box, because seriously, I really do love the game that much, so not buying it would be a crime, I also got the tarot cards and the drinking vessel, mainly to keep my pens quills in, and of course Sam & Max. I missed out on the previous episodes, so this time I have got to get this.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok, I'm officially baffled.

I pre-ordered Tales of Monkey Island. On the merchandise page it tells me I have a choice of one of two DVD purchase options:

Either the DVD on its own (with Steve Purcell slipcase), for free.

OR

The deluxe Edition for $14.95.

It says I can have either one or the other of the options...

...so how come I can add both versions to my basket?

Does this mean I get two copies of the game..? One on its own and one with the deluxe Edition, and only pay $14.95..?
  • edited March 2010
    Ok, I'm officially baffled.

I pre-ordered Tales of Monkey Island. On the merchandise page it tells me I have a choice of one of two DVD purchase options:

Either the DVD on its own (with Steve Purcell slipcase), for free.

OR

The deluxe Edition for $14.95.

It says I can have either one or the other of the options...

...so how come I can add both versions to my basket?

Does this mean I get two copies of the game..? One on its own and one with the deluxe Edition, and only pay $14.95..?

It seems you bought two DVDs, one with just the slip cover, and one with the all the extra merchandise. If you want to cancel one of these orders, you should try to contact telltale support. I made the same mistake.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.