Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing April 25th, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• they had to figure out what to do with the S2 endings.

Yeah, they had 2+ years time to figure out how to carry on the choices to influence the future gameplay, and all we've got are shitty flashbacks.

Maybe it will be quicker this time if they make a new season, because part of the reason ANF took a long time was because of the new engine, and they had to figure out what to do with the S2 endings.

• The game is not the issue im referring to. They could make any game in the world but i assume, actually i know, Batman didn't have what TWD Season 1 had which was quality. Hey if you enjoyed Batman I totally respect that. Hope my opinion doesn't affect you in anyway as that's not my intention

Chibikid posted: »

I wouldn't go into a batman game with the mindset of a the walking dead.

• Why would TT kill their precious golden goose?

The one character I sincerely hope dies this season... I've had more than enough Clementine at this point and her continuous inclusio

• Hopefully gone. Who needs her? She is going to die if she comes back.

Fmahmood99 posted: »

Where's Lilly at though???

• edited April 2017

FACT: Clementine dying in Javier's story is one of the worst decisions Telltale could do. Telltale knows that without her, they will have money NO MORE.

The one character I sincerely hope dies this season... I've had more than enough Clementine at this point and her continuous inclusio

• Not your money. But they'll for sure have mine for showing some balls and actually changing the formula and introducing risk in the narrative.

Such a novel concept, risk? In a game series supposedly about risk? Wow!

AronDracula posted: »

FACT: Clementine dying in Javier's story is one of the worst decisions Telltale could do. Telltale knows that without her, they will have money NO MORE.

• I don't see the point in killing her off as it would make Lee's death pointless and S2 which you could argue has already happened. If this is what clementine would become then Lee's death was a absolute waste for no reason. Killing clementine off won't solve any problems with the walking dead series nor would it serve a legitimate purpose. I feel telltale can rehabilitate Clementine if they put the hard work and effort into it rather than just having her around as clementine in name only.

• Clementine is the protagonist of the series just like Rick Grimes is the protagonist of the comic book. Robert Kirkman kept him alive for YEARS.

Not your money. But they'll for sure have mine for showing some balls and actually changing the formula and introducing risk in the narrative. Such a novel concept, risk? In a game series supposedly about risk? Wow!

• edited April 2017

You are right.

Perhaps Javi and Clementine are the Rick and Carl of Telltale.
    He may adopt Clem.

This is why Clem and Javi were introduced as partners with the new frontier brand on the first trailer.

Perhaps this Season is just an introduction of the new frontier community and the story how this started.
    I guess...

Clementine is the protagonist of the series just like Rick Grimes is the protagonist of the comic book. Robert Kirkman kept him alive for YEARS.

• edited April 2017

Clementine is the protagonist of the series just like Rick Grimes is the protagonist of the comic book. Robert Kirkman kept him alive for YEARS.

• And look at how that's faired for the series... people are quickly losing interest cause apparently having a tiresomely rigid formulaic approach eventually get's tiresome when it's repeated infinitely.

• It's Dying Light, Not Dead Light..............

Sounds like you'd enjoy the Dead Island games/Dead Light, they're loaded with your typical zombie apocalypse dudebros and one liners. You should check'em sometime!

• It's a conclusion, it marks an ending of a one chapter and a beginning of new one.

enter image description here

Chibikid posted: »

I don't see the point in killing her off as it would make Lee's death pointless and S2 which you could argue has already happened. If this i

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited April 2017

End in death, what makes you think this is the end. Nothing about her arc is anywhere near complete, you just want her killed off because you dont like her. But to kill her off now before the story has reached any kind of narrative catharsis would be moronic in the extreme.

And only one kind of story ends in death, some end with weddings.

It's a conclusion, it marks an ending of a one chapter and a beginning of new one.

• edited April 2017

I never said It was solely because I don't like her, I said it was because the narrative has made it more than clear that she no longer serves a tangible purpose in the plot other than to be a background piece to entice people that their choices have mattered and that all the hours sunk have a purpose, which is of course a blatant lie at this point.

And who said a narrative needs catharsis to be investing or worth the time spent within the molding of the progression?

It's a universe where people die all the time, so why is someone who couldn't even drive a vehicle by the end of season 2 without crashing (or in ANF for that matter without getting Kenny killed) still alive within another several years into the apocalypse? It's favoritism, and it's absolutely disgusting in a series that is so for mortality and death as it's main selling point... or so that's the bullshit we've been fed.

And do you see Clementine getting a wedding ring on her finger after it was crushed by a wal- HAHAHAHA! I'm sorry, it's just that scene alone was enough to make me not invested in her character at all.

Plan_R posted: »

End in death, what makes you think this is the end. Nothing about her arc is anywhere near complete, you just want her killed off because yo

• You can use any amount of Telltale's bad storytelling to advocate for her death. But killing her before the end of season 3 is pointless. Yes there has been some terrible storytelling, which I am more than willing to shit all over. But killing her now is also incredibly shitty storytelling.

I want them to fix the story even if it one day involves her death. Not make it worse for some bs shock story trope.

I never said It was solely because I don't like her, I said it was because the narrative has made it more than clear that she no longer serv

• Death doesn't have to be used for shock, it's far worse if a whole collection of uninteresting characters live through a Mexican standoff with people pointing high-caliber weaponry at each other at point blank range and sell it as everyone miraculously surviving the skirmish just cause Telltale don't want to scare away the large percentage of 14 year olds that play their games.

At this point, is it even remotely realistic to have anyone die anymore? It feels so temperamental and cheap at this point.

Clem dying would at least show that the game can have a sense of it's own so-called futility and make itself seem more constructive.

You can use any amount of Telltale's bad storytelling to advocate for her death. But killing her before the end of season 3 is pointless. Ye

• To be fair I don't believe driving capabilities can carry over to survival capability, especially with what Clem has been around which has been very little driving and all about surviving.

I never said It was solely because I don't like her, I said it was because the narrative has made it more than clear that she no longer serv

• Just giving one of the less extreme examples of Clementine's ineptitude with surviving and how it's faired well for her simply because of her being the protagonist or a main focal point within the game's thus far...

Backdraft posted: »

To be fair I don't believe driving capabilities can carry over to survival capability, especially with what Clem has been around which has been very little driving and all about surviving.

• S2 still sold incredibly well and the hype for S3 was massive yet Telltale didn't manage to deliver at all. It's not about the formula itself its about the way it's executed.

And look at how that's faired for the series... people are quickly losing interest cause apparently having a tiresomely rigid formulaic approach eventually get's tiresome when it's repeated infinitely.

• Then again most protagonists get away with things they probably shouldn't especially in stories and games like these.

Just giving one of the less extreme examples of Clementine's ineptitude with surviving and how it's faired well for her simply because of her being the protagonist or a main focal point within the game's thus far...

• It's both.

The formula was never intended to last for 3 seasons and countless hours, so there needed to be a change well after season 1.

That's why I've always argued that the second season should've focused on Clem's inner mental state fairing and trying to accept the new world rather than constantly introducing expendable characters that only served the midnight platter.

As it stands she became a wing-man of Kenny and Jane's shittily forced and contrived conflict and now only serves to be that same prop for the Garcia's.

S2 still sold incredibly well and the hype for S3 was massive yet Telltale didn't manage to deliver at all. It's not about the formula itself its about the way it's executed.

• It didn't affect me at all I was simply explaining that if you went into batman with a S1 walking dead mentally you'd most likely be disappointed.

dan290786 posted: »

The game is not the issue im referring to. They could make any game in the world but i assume, actually i know, Batman didn't have what TWD

• Doesn't mean it's acceptable.

Backdraft posted: »

Then again most protagonists get away with things they probably shouldn't especially in stories and games like these.

• To much has been invested, Telltale has a boat load of narrative debt to pay off in regards to Clem. Killing her off is nothing but a cheap ploy to reset the story. And if they were to kill her, why would anyone keep going with a new batch of characters, when they already showed they could not do right by the characters they created.

I personally would never allow myself to get emotionally invested in any story they ever create again. In my mind they would lose all credibility as storytellers if they kill her now.

Death doesn't have to be used for shock, it's far worse if a whole collection of uninteresting characters live through a Mexican standoff wi

• enter image description here
    Oh look I found a picture of you

Just kidding, I respect your opinion ofcourse and if Telltale feels the need to kill off Clementine for their precious shock effect so be it, not like season 4 is going to happen anyways, personally I'd like to see her make it through the finale but lets just see how episode 4 turns out first.

Death doesn't have to be used for shock, it's far worse if a whole collection of uninteresting characters live through a Mexican standoff wi

• This wasn't an argument about S2, as that wasn't even executed right either. Everyone knows that. The idea was good, the formula was solid, they just didn't do good in the execution.

But killing Clem just isn't the answer. You don't fix a fuckup by making another fuckup, especially when clem is the only thing that's making their customers stay and pay for the game.

It's both. The formula was never intended to last for 3 seasons and countless hours, so there needed to be a change well after season 1.

• As it so happens that same hypothetical feeling you feel is so terrified by is what me and others are going through that see that Clem is nothing now but a blank space to fill a void of narrative storytelling and only exists to feel pain and nothing else.

She is no longer developing or growing, she's withering and she needs to die or leave the story for good.

And in my mind, if they do kill Clem, they would only gain creditability as a developer that actually isn't scared to take chances and show that their flagship character isn't immune from death in a story revolving around death.

To much has been invested, Telltale has a boat load of narrative debt to pay off in regards to Clem. Killing her off is nothing but a cheap

• Fair enough, all I ask is that people have a little perception of the long term harm continuing to have her does to the series.

It's quickly becomes mundane when all I've seen for three seasons is a girl surviving shock and tragic horrors while people around her die deaths that amount to nothing...

I'm just sick of it as all.

Jayroen posted: »

Oh look I found a picture of you Just kidding, I respect your opinion ofcourse and if Telltale feels the need to kill off Clementine for

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited April 2017

Its just cutting their loses. I'm not gonna argue that they haven't fucked up royally this season, because they have.

But if their just gonna cut and run after a mistake. You can call it whatever you want. I'm going to call it what it is, ineffective storytellers telling an ineffective story.

As it so happens that same hypothetical feeling you feel is so terrified by is what me and others are going through that see that Clem is no

• As I've said many times, Clementine shouldn't be the focal point to began with, but more so... why is she being constantly pushed to the forefront of a story that isn't about her? Why is she continuing to suffer if her suffering has no major ties with resonating with Javi's story? Why is she now constantly acting like a completely different character now than she was in pervious seasons?

I could tell you easily, it's cause she is only written as a mascot for the series thinly connecting the previous seasons and making people feel as though their "choices" ever mattered in the first place.

Clem is a drought of storytelling and nothing else at this point.

This wasn't an argument about S2, as that wasn't even executed right either. Everyone knows that. The idea was good, the formula was solid,

• ...With ineffective reoccurring characters.

Don't forget that.

Its just cutting their loses. I'm not gonna argue that they haven't fucked up royally this season, because they have. But if their just g

• She died with Lee... this is just a clone that went wrong... they forgot to add THE FEELS!!

• It certainly seems that way.

Cause nothing but her hat, her voice, and her name are the only thing remaining from her previous seasons.

She died with Lee... this is just a clone that went wrong... they forgot to add THE FEELS!!

• You're repeating what we all already know. The problem isn't clementine as S3 could have been fantastic (playing as clem) if they handled it right. S2 as well. My point is, a solution to this isn't to kill her like you're saying. It's to get someone to make S3 who knows how to actually write a damn game.
    The problem isn't the character but more the lack of good writing.

As I've said many times, Clementine shouldn't be the focal point to began with, but more so... why is she being constantly pushed to the for

• Oh

DabigRG posted: »

There are a fair number of people who doesn't hate Kate. And even then, some people just hate what they feel is a forced romance subplot rather than the character herself.

• God, so many duplicate comments

There are a fair number of people who doesn't hate Kate. And even then, some people just hate what they feel is a forced romance subplot rather than the character herself.

• I dont mind Kate as a character, in fact she would be pretty interestin, if she wasnt flirting with Javi all the time, even though I have rejected every advance, and I hate the fact that she keeps creating artificial conflict between David and Javi

• edited April 2017

The lack of good writing goes hand-in-hand with how poorly she's written now, I don't know how many more times I can say it before people's lightbulbs go off in their heads?

I blame the writers for how shitty Clementine is now. Is that understandable at least?

You're repeating what we all already know. The problem isn't clementine as S3 could have been fantastic (playing as clem) if they handled i

Sign in to comment in this discussion.