MCSM S2 Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Out July 11th, Now on Android (July 12th) and Xbox 360 (July 14th)

Comments

• edited July 2017

Is this going to be out on the PS3? If it's on the xbox 360 then it would surely come out on the PS3 to, right? :)

I really don't wanna resort to my very low specs laptop.

• I think you should invest into the first episode at least. If you liked the adventure pass it seems to be more of what made that enjoyable.

...... Okay, that's a plus one. I am still undecided whatever or not I want to buy this.

• Great, even Minecraft episodes are going to be longer than ANF episodes.

Episode 1 based on playtesting is around 2 hours long according to Eric Stirpe on tumblr.

• Here's the trailer without the reaction thing if anyone's interested:

I'm really excited for this! It looks really good! I can't wait for the 11th!

• That fanboy guy at the beginning of the trailer really reminded me of Dick from The LEGO Batman Movie...
    When I first played Minecraft: Story Mode, it heavily reminded me of The LEGO Movie.
    Nurm is really cool! Hhrrmm! :D

Talking about the exclusive sneak peak - did anyone else think that Petra's face looked a bit...odd?
    I loved how the door opened then closed automatically behind Petra and Jesse. It almost seemed like they really were playing Minecraft! XD
    I thought male Jesse's voice sounded deeper, to the point where it sounds a bit like Axel, especially when he says "I really wish I could, but I can't."
    I want to learn more about that llama! There's something going on with her and Stella because when Stella takes her away, Luna looks pretty worried.

• ...It appears that that logic does not apply here.

Is this going to be out on the PS3? If it's on the xbox 360 then it would surely come out on the PS3 to, right? I really don't wanna resort to my very low specs laptop.

• I fell like n old builder could have made the new boss because of the amazing technoloy it has

• edited July 2017

Is it just me or does the giant statue thingy kind of look like it's wearing suspenders?

• thx for sharing, mate :D

Acheive250 posted: »

Here's the trailer without the reaction thing if anyone's interested: I'm really excited for this! It looks really good! I can't wait for the 11th!

• Can we import save file from Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 into Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 on a different platform?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I think it could be possible if you use cloud saving.

Can we import save file from Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 into Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 on a different platform?

• Wait, what exclusive sneak peak? Where is it? What am I missing!?

That fanboy guy at the beginning of the trailer really reminded me of Dick from The LEGO Batman Movie... When I first played Minecraft: Sto

• On DanTDM's video, he has a link to it in the description.

Wait, what exclusive sneak peak? Where is it? What am I missing!?

• Ah, okay. Thanks!

On DanTDM's video, he has a link to it in the description.

• Yesterday, the trailer was removed from YouTube today, he will come again but without the links as I understand it

• The voices may sound deeper because i believe there was a time skip for maybe a couple years on minecraft story mode.

Ah, okay. Thanks!

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited July 2017

• ...should i be hyped? I mean yeah i liked s1, gonna play s2, but... I dunno, just not that much into this

• From the character descriptions that Eric Stirpe provided, it seems that Petra is this season's deuteragonist. And I thought it's going to be Jesse that wants to get the new Order back to adventuring.

• At 0:15. Looks like we'll optionally see Ivor's lava house after all.

• edited July 2017

Okay, so, I did pre-order it.. (despite the enormous price... though I think ANF and Batman had the same price when they first came out.. Either way..) This E3 livestream event I participated in a few weeks ago finally emailed me my goodies, one of which was a store voucher [15$, to be exact] so I actually managed to get this season for half price already! Sweet!

Anyway, since it comes with a free dynamic theme for your PS4, here's some pictures.

Top Bar
    enter image description here

Bottom Bar

Basically it consists of Male Jesse #1 standing there looking around in the bottom menu bar, while if you go to the top menu bar, the camera zooms out and reveals some cool floating islands and things.
    There's also this soft Minecraft-esque music playing, and I assume it's original because I haven't heard it before. Telltale... who made this music? Was it Jared? It's so soothing.

Edit: Wait! I can confirm it does change between Male Jesse #1 and Female Jesse #1 after the console has been turned off. I'm not sure what triggers it, because I tried earlier and it didn't work.. Tried again now and it showed female Jesse, but I can't get it to change back to Male Jesse. Maybe it changes per hour?

• Looks... interesting enough.

Given that it's just the premiere episode, I can understand why I'm not too hyped up about it, as it's just introducing the new story threads of the season (I usually have premiere episodes at the bottom of my list in Telltale's seasons). So, we'll see how good it gets later on, I think.

• Aw that's a cute theme actually. Very chill and not all in your face.

AChicken posted: »

Okay, so, I did pre-order it.. (despite the enormous price... though I think ANF and Batman had the same price when they first came out.. Ei

• Same! But the annoys name is Radar, and he's Jesses assistant. It explains on one of Big Bstatz's videos

That fanboy guy at the beginning of the trailer really reminded me of Dick from The LEGO Batman Movie... When I first played Minecraft: Sto

• edited July 2017

Is season two available to pre order on Mobile Devices? Just asking probably not tho xD

• Oops! I meant to put fan boy not annoys.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

You can "pre-register" on Android devices but there is no way to pre-register/pre-order on iOS.

Is season two available to pre order on Mobile Devices? Just asking probably not tho xD

• Looks a bit dumbed down from s1 if you ask me

• How so exactly?

Looks a bit dumbed down from s1 if you ask me

• Okay,Thanks! XD I forgot how to pre register. I guess that's what Google is for

OzzyUK posted: »

You can "pre-register" on Android devices but there is no way to pre-register/pre-order on iOS.

• You in America? Pre-ordered in Europe and it said that a dynamic background would come with it, but I didn't get it. I just figured it comes with the game!

Okay, so, I did pre-order it.. (despite the enormous price... though I think ANF and Batman had the same price when they first came out.. Ei

• Sooo.. By the looks of that news post... Ivor confirmed? And Harper? At least his lab is confirmed.

• Yeah ya know telltale got to appeal to da new comers.

Looks a bit dumbed down from s1 if you ask me

• Well... Assuming that they were young teenagers?
    Unless Jesse got depressed...
    I always thought the main characters ages were around late teens to early 20s.

The voices may sound deeper because i believe there was a time skip for maybe a couple years on minecraft story mode.

• Do you reckon he'll be Jesse's sidekick?

• edited July 2017

The colossus looks ancient, and, although the old builders are old, ("They existed even before The Order of the Stone!", and THEY'RE getting pretty old) I don't think they are THAT old!

vickytonner posted: »

I fell like n old builder could have made the new boss because of the amazing technoloy it has

• That's so cool!
    Jesse looks dead-serious! XD
    What's up with his eye color though? It's meant to be green!

• Yeah.. I think the female Jesse's eye colour is green here though, so... Yeah it is strange.

That's so cool! Jesse looks dead-serious! XD What's up with his eye color though? It's meant to be green!

• Yep, I'm North America. Canada, to be precise.

It says it comes with the theme on you end, but you never got it? That's weird. Maybe contact Playstation support about that?

I know the Guardians pre-order theme was restricted to NA when it first came out, so maybe they just forgot to leave it out of the description on your end, but maybe not. Hmm...

captainivy1 posted: »

You in America? Pre-ordered in Europe and it said that a dynamic background would come with it, but I didn't get it. I just figured it comes with the game!

• edited July 2017

Interestingly enough, (to build on my comment from earlier) there's also a real-time clock aspect to the PS4 Theme!

I don't know when it changes, but expect to see it when it's nighttime.. Jesse and the parrot disappear (not sure if they walk off while you're watching the theme, or if they disappear when you're off the main screen) when you come back, you'll see the beacon turns on and fireworks start to go off across the night sky! Red on the right, Yellow in the middle, and Green on the left! Check out some pics:

This discussion has been closed.