Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• Cannot argue with that. ;)

Fangirl101 posted: »

Ava has the best dialogue in A New Frontier.

• Ava doesn't look white imo, despite her model being based on her white design with essentially just a dark coat on her skin.

• Agreed. She's clearly black or a similarly dark race.

Ava doesn't look white imo, despite her model being based on her white design with essentially just a dark coat on her skin.

• I think she is tanned. Not that it really matters.

DabigRG posted: »

Agreed. She's clearly black or a similarly dark race.

• I think she is burnt. Not that it really matters.

Fixed.

I think she is tanned. Not that it really matters.

• I like how the Garcia's and the Russian Group seem to have differing fluency in the languages, even if it's likely an unintentional detail.

• I think Clem is white, at least half

• Kenny was an abusive wreck, and "he had PTSD" is not even close to an acceptable excuse for his behavior because there is none.

Also, Jane was the best character introduced in season 2.

• Kenny was an abusive wreck, and "he had PTSD" is not even close to an acceptable excuse for his behavior because there is none.

You mispelled David Garcia wrong.

Kenny was an abusive wreck, and "he had PTSD" is not even close to an acceptable excuse for his behavior because there is none. Also, Jane was the best character introduced in season 2.

• edited September 2017

enter image description here

AronDracula posted: »

Kenny was an abusive wreck, and "he had PTSD" is not even close to an acceptable excuse for his behavior because there is none. You mispelled David Garcia wrong.

• True enough; I can't stand David either.

Kenny was an abusive wreck, and "he had PTSD" is not even close to an acceptable excuse for his behavior because there is none. You mispelled David Garcia wrong.

• edited September 2017
    • I like Clementine's new haircut and the red jacket. I prefer her new haircut then the pigtails. For me it really doesn't suit her anymore since she's had it for 4 years total.

• I actually liked Conrad's character development and I think it's better then Tripp's.

• I think Eleanor is hot and I like her despite her betrayal (I wish Javi could take both Kate and Eleanor at the same time).
    • I like Kate but I hate how her character development was. I think it could have been better.
    • I feel sad for Tripp considering how he liked Eleanor (which I didn't like about Tripp because I wanted Javi to have Eleanor) who betrayed him, and then he feels like he has nothing left but to help Javi and his family. At least he died a warriors death.
    • I hate how people kill Conrad just because he didn't treat Clementine well (Clem's been through worst). Also bothers me how those same people who shot Conrad spared Max, especially because I think Max is at least 20 times worst then Conrad.
    • I think Gabe and Mariana could have been well developed characters and be just as badass as Clementine. I wish the writers gave them the ability to many things just as Clementine can do.
    • I think the ending where Kate and Gabe are alive, Javi is with Kate(though I wish Eleanor was with him too), and David is dead is the best because you see them in the end whereas if you have David and Gabe alive, David doesn't even help Javi with Richmond and doesn't even appear in the end.
  • edited September 2017

I like Clementine's new haircut and the red jacket. I prefer her new haircut then the pigtails. For me it really doesn't suit her anymore since she's had it for 4 years total.

I feel sad for Tripp considering how he liked Eleanor (which I didn't like about Tripp because I wanted Javi to have Eleanor) who betrayed him, and then he feels like he has nothing left but to help Javi and his family. At least he died a warriors death.

I wish the writers gave them the ability to many things just as Clementine can do.

Eh.

I actually liked Conrad's character development and I think it's better then Tripp's.

Tripp had character development? :lol:

I think Eleanor is hot and I like her despite her betrayal (I wish Javi could take both Kate and Eleanor at the same time).

I like Kate but I hate how her character development was. I think it could have been better.

I hate how people kill Conrad just because he didn't treat Clementine well (Clem's been through worst).

I think the ending where Kate and Gabe are alive, Javi is with Kate(though I wish Eleanor was with him too), and David is dead is the best because you see them in the end whereas if you have David and Gabe alive, David doesn't even help Javi with Richmond and doesn't even appear in the end.

Agreed.

Also bothers me how those same people who shot Conrad spared Max, especially because Max is at least 20 times worst then Conrad.

and be just as badass as Clementine.

Uh, no.

I think Gabe and Mariana could have been well developed characters

Well, Gabe was one of the few characters to get a decent amount of development anyway, so no arguments there. As for Mariana, I honestly don't think she needed much development, but I would've been fine with a little depending on what it entails.

Menofthe214 posted: »

* I like Clementine's new haircut and the red jacket. I prefer her new haircut then the pigtails. For me it really doesn't suit her anymore

• edited September 2017

Well, Gabe was one of the few characters to get a decent amount of development anyway, so no arguments there. As for Mariana, I honestly don't think she needed much development, but I would've been fine with a little depending on what it entails.

His development for me sucked. It's hard to say how much he knew and learned about killing walkers. And the way Gabe treats Javi and everyone should be more towards choices. For example in Ep 2 when Gabe points the gun at Conrad, Javi tells Gabe to shoot him. Then later Javier kills Conrad. This should have prevented Gabe from complaining to Javi in Ep 4 about killing Conrad. Also Clem shows Gabe an easier way to take out a walker with a knife in episode 5 but as far as I recall thats the only time he actually kills a walker. Mariana could have known a bit more rather then hiding and waiting for a go. Clem could have showed her how to deal with walkers as well. But I understand why they killed her off.

Also you don't think that Max is worse then Conrad?
    Conrad: Threatens to turn Clementine in to the New Frontier for the benefit of the group and Kate. Then later regrets it, apologizes, and helps Javier and his group.
    Max: Raids other communities and possibly kills many people along with kids and loots the communities.

Tripp had character development?

Well I think he did but the game had a poor way of showing it. He started as man who keeps responsibility and safety. After Prescott is destroyed, he keeps a cool head and helps Javi bring Kate to Richmond. Later Tripp talks to Javi about his feelings with Kate and wants to tell Eleanor how he feels about her (it does suck though that no matter what Javi says he will tell Eleanor anyway). Tripp gets turned down and asks Javi for advice. But it's useless since Eleanor betrays Tripp no matter what happens. Then if you shoot Conrad he gets mat at Javi but if he survives he will forgive him. I don't understand why Tripp would forgive him though because as far as I can tell there aren't any indications of him wanting to change his mind and forgive Javi for killing Conrad.

Sorry if I seem a bit rude. I mean no hate bro.

I like Clementine's new haircut and the red jacket. I prefer her new haircut then the pigtails. For me it really doesn't suit her anymore si

• edited September 2017

His development for me sucked.

At the very least, .

It's hard to say how much he knew and learned about killing walkers.

I suppose. At the very least, he had a gun visible on him throughout the game, had an axe at one point, so it's safe to assume he and Mariana did receive some fair amount of combat training even if they might be a little out of practice.

And the way Gabe treats Javi and everyone should be more towards choices. For example in Ep 2 when Gabe points the gun at Conrad, Javi tells Gabe to shoot him. Then later Javier kills Conrad. This should have prevented Gabe from complaining to Javi in Ep 4 about killing Conrad.

To be fair, you can say that about a lot of characters. But yeah, I do think that is an example of where Gabe is one of the most wasted characters despite his relatively healthy amount of screentime and focus.

Also Clem shows Gabe an easier way to take out a walker with a knife in episode 5 but as far as I recall thats the only time he actually kills a walker.

He also presumably helped Kate fight off some of the walkers so Mariana could escape in the junkyard, took down a lone walker just outside of Prescott's gate to take his anger about Mari out on, helps shoot some of the attacking walkers at the bridge so Eleanor can get Kate to Richmond, is the one to take out David's walker if Javier doesn't come to save him, and manages to single-handedly fight off the walkers surrounding the truck if no one comes to save him in time.

Mariana could have known a bit more rather then hiding and waiting for a go. Clem could have showed her how to deal with walkers as well. But I understand why they killed her off.

To be honest, one of the reasons Marianna didn't appeal to me was because I actually wasn't a fan of the idea to Clementine explicitly teaching any of the Garcias how to "survive" for obvious reasons.

The only reasons I didn't mind her showing Gabe the knee trick that one time was because he had already been in a number of fights, it was simply an easier way for him to deal with walkers at the moment, and it was just a quick little interaction that the game doesn't make that big a deal out of.

Also you don't think that Max is worse then Conrad?
    Conrad: Threatens to turn Clementine in to the New Frontier for the benefit of the group and Kate. Then later regrets it, apologizes, and helps Javier and his group.
    Max: Raids other communities and possibly kills many people along with kids and loots the communities.

No.
    For one thing, Anti-villains tend to technically rank higher on the morality chart compared to Anti-Heroes. I'm not 100% on what type of Anti-hero Conrad was, but I'm pretty sure he was pretty low.
    In regards to Max, while consistency concerning stances and occasionally needing to spell things out for some people are definitely issues with the installment, he wasn't really one of the characters that really suffered from them. he was more or less the face of the initial depiction of the New Frontier as very lawful thugs,and his stake in things was primarily motivated by the desire to do what's best for the New Frontier. Especially when compared to Badger, who explicitly broke protocol and took things way too far for kicks, with his actions leading up to and including the complete destruction of Prescott being directly stated to be way outside of what Joan wanted them to do. The game was pretty clear about how he's ultimately a good man occasionally doing bad things within reason for a good cause, with several indications that he realized his part in the raids was beginning to have undesired effects due to having to work with Badger, namely that a lot of innocent people(Marianna, Francine, the Prescottites) ended being killed due to the escalation and that his close friendship with David was taking a tole because it. It really is a shame that he just disappeared from the story after playing such a major role and being put on the road to making his own inevitable reformation.
    Also, I actually really like both of them in part for almost single-handedly bringing some moral ambiguity to the story and their respective teams early on.

Well I think he did but the game had a poor way of showing it. He started as man who keeps responsibility and safety. After Prescott is destroyed, he keeps a cool head and helps Javi bring Kate to Richmond. Later Tripp talks to Javi about his feelings with Kate and wants to tell Eleanor how he feels about her (it does suck though that no matter what Javi says he will tell Eleanor anyway). Tripp gets turned down and asks Javi for advice. But it's useless since Eleanor betrays Tripp no matter what happens. Then if you shoot Conrad he gets mat at Javi but if he survives he will forgive him. I don't understand why Tripp would forgive him though because as far as I can tell there aren't any indications of him wanting to change his mind and forgive Javi for killing Conrad.

Sorry if I seem a bit rude. I mean no hate bro.

No need to apologize. Especially since I think I might be about to piss you off in a second.

Well, see, the things is that while some of the stuff they tried might've decent, the problem is that it ended up feeling pretty weak. And both a significant cause and effect of that is the fact that Tripp is by far one of the most unbelievably bland characters we've had in this game series.

I mean you definitely get the vibe that he's supposed to be Javier's Best Friend and/or Number Two and the Reliable One at times, but most of the story fails to represent or even properly establish that. It's astounding how, despite being the most prominent of the Prescott Trio and getting more screentime than fellow Garcia Kate(and perhaps David as well), we learn next to nothing about him as a person. His backstory is extremely minimal even though most of it involves allusions of how he knows the other two, his personality is unfittingly inconsistent, his motivations,(if you can call them that) are mostly very shallow and often his behavior often feels like it driven by whatever is convenient to the plot at the moment.

Really, he mostly comes off as yet another Kenny-Clone, albeit one that is particularly cheap and has neither much to distance himself from the original nor any real understanding of what made the original work. Which is weird considering Part 1 established him with a clear purpose and a fitting personality that was distinguished him amongst the other characters, coming off as being closer to Pete/Carlos than Kenny despite the obvious resemblance. However, after Prescott was destroyed, his character never really felt like it had a clear purpose in the story and he occasionally fluctuated in certain moments of Part 2 before the rest of the Season officially shifted him from a by the book yet reasonable authority figure who took care of things to just an illogically aggressive oaf that does almost nothing of note. And considering this is a story that also features Gabe, David, and Conrad, he's also very redundant on top of borderline useless. And if any character suffered from the choices and determinant factors not being up to snuff at times, it's him.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Well, Gabe was one of the few characters to get a decent amount of development anyway, so no arguments there. As for Mariana, I honestly don

• Okay, first, in the Character Design thread you tell me that you wouldn't have romanced Eleanor because of the receptions her character got, and now you want to. I don't understand...

I like Clementine's new haircut and the red jacket. I prefer her new haircut then the pigtails. For me it really doesn't suit her anymore si

• Should've seen this coming. What I said was that I didn't like the thinking that she has to be either an alternative love interest or a spy/turncoat/whatever.

Here, I merely agreed that she's attractive and that I don't hate her after the last 5 minutes of Thicker than Water.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Okay, first, in the Character Design thread you tell me that you wouldn't have romanced Eleanor because of the receptions her character got, and now you want to. I don't understand...

• I really miss Christa, probably more so than most players do. I feel awful for everything that's happened to her. She was such a smart and capable survivor, but no matter how hard she tried to make it, no matter how far she got, everything which she feared might happen, happened.

Her lover is dead. Her baby is gone. And eventually, Christa herself fell victim to a hostile group of violent strangers -- the very kind of people she always feared she might encounter. Even if she survived that confrontation (which I doubt), she was most likely beaten and/or raped.

And to think Christa tried so hard to avoid these fears throughout Season 1. She just can't catch a break. She reminds me very much of Kenny in that regard.

• You mispelled David Garcia wrong.

They incorrectly spelled David Garcia wrong.

• I wish TWD Season 4 is the last game of TWD universe.

• AronDracula posted: »

I wish TWD Season 4 is the last game of TWD universe.

• They said this is the end of Clementine's story, not the franchise itself.

Uh...

• Yeah, so your wish won't be granted.

They said this is the end of Clementine's story, not the franchise itself.

• ...So?

They said this is the end of Clementine's story, not the franchise itself.

• There won't be any good TWD games after Season 4.

...So?

• And why not?

There won't be any good TWD games after Season 4.

• Cause TWD is losing its mojo.

And why not?

• Honestly, though I'm speaking as someone who still has yet to buckle down and watch the damn show, TWD has been losing it's mojo for a long while now as far as I can tell.

Cause TWD is losing its mojo.

• Cause TWD is losing its mojo.

I agree. Everything loses its mojo sooner or later. Nothing can stay great for long unless it’s a one-time thing. Like if Telltale’s only TWD game was S1, it would be hailed as one of the greatest video games ever made if S2 and ANF didn’t happen.

Cause TWD is losing its mojo.

• Funny how Kenny ends up keeping the children happy and safe for over a year and dies for them whereas Jane kills herself after a month.

The arguments against Kenny hold no weight after the s2 endings and s3 flashbacks, Telltale pretty much spells out that Kenny is the best option for Clem and AJ.

Kenny was an abusive wreck, and "he had PTSD" is not even close to an acceptable excuse for his behavior because there is none. Also, Jane was the best character introduced in season 2.

• The arguments against Kenny in favor of Jane hold practically no weight after the s2 endings and s3 flashbacks, Telltale pretty much spells out that Kenny is the best option for Clem and AJ.

Fixed.

Funny how Kenny ends up keeping the children happy and safe for over a year and dies for them whereas Jane kills herself after a month. T

• Now that I really think about, the "Teamup to Save Richmond" ending would've been more poignant as a "Gabe's self-imposed exile" ending instead of the unnecessary double-copout we got instead.

• Wasn't sure where to put this, but I just realized that even though we got more honesty from the team behind Michonne than the team behind ANF, we've seen more concept art of ANF than Michonne.

• Thicker than Water's extra flashbacks with Kenny and Jane were unnecessary and pointless, respectively.

• I think that those second flashbacks - especially Kenny's - were the best part of this season, at least ten times better than whatever high level of fuckery happened in the first flashbacks.

Thicker than Water's extra flashbacks with Kenny and Jane were unnecessary and pointless, respectively.

• Like @fallandir said, those flashbacks were 100% better than anything related to Javier's story.

Thicker than Water's extra flashbacks with Kenny and Jane were unnecessary and pointless, respectively.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned
    edited October 2017

And also the line that appeared "Jane will remember that" on Jane's flashback is extremely hilarious since we know that she is dead at the end so it doesnt give anything actually.

• edited October 2017

Exactly.

Her's is especially bad since, unlike with Kenny, while any sentimental stuff could be rendered moot by knowing what she ended up doing, yet it still had the opportunity to actually address and utilize/develop certain aspects of her comparatively underdeveloped character and tell us somethings we didn't already know.

MrJava posted: »

And also the line that appeared "Jane will remember that" on Jane's flashback is extremely hilarious since we know that she is dead at the end so it doesnt give anything actually.

• "Jane will remember that"

Doesn't this also happen in Kenny Flashback?

MrJava posted: »

• Nice catch. I was expecting something like that but it is a disappointment since Telltale missed the opportunity to make her more interesting. Same goes for Kenny, by the way. His flashback didnt made me satisfied, either.

Exactly. Her's is especially bad since, unlike with Kenny, while any sentimental stuff could be rendered moot by knowing what she ended u

Sign in to comment in this discussion.