Harley Quinn "Relationship"

I hope the Harley Quinn romance actually leads somewhere like her potentially ditching Joker for Bruce. In this Batman universe it seems like Harley & Joker have basically flipped roles and now she is the manipulator. I'm not sure if I buy the whole "serious talk" we had in her office, its really hard to tell whether she was actually serious or not about apologising its like she has two personas right now. Anyway I tried rejecting her in my second save file and her angry outburst really demonstrates that she would rather have you over Joker.

Hope we can pursue this further while continuing to make Joker jealous, it would be hilarious if this relationship is what pushes John Doe into taking the persona of the Joker but yeah anything can happen I guess?

Comments

• I was like...seriously? At the Harley advance.

Would rather not see basically the exact same thing happen again that happened with Harvey.

• Lmao a Selina/Harley/Bruce love triangle incoming next episode.

PHub07 posted: »

I was like...seriously? At the Harley advance. Would rather not see basically the exact same thing happen again that happened with Harvey.

• She is honestly a lot more likeable than I expected. And yeah she has a serious crush on Bruce.

But I won't act on it out of respect for John who is already very emotionally unstable.

Not sure that will have any impact on the Bruce-Selina ship though. Catwoman is seemingly not a "full" member of the pact anyway, so she won't witness much Harley-Bruce interplay.

• Always was sort of a quayne shipper, I wouldn't mind delving more into their relationship.

• edited October 2017

I don't think it'll become a serious relationship, but maybe it'll influence some of her decisions later on if you flirt back.

• Most notably it could push John Doe over the edge.

If you played the episode 2 you know what I mean : in his room you can see that he downright worship Harley. "We are destined to be together", imagine the utter shock once he finds out Harley does not reciprocate his feelings and instead devotes her attention to Bruce.

This, is how Joker is born. I foresee John Doe killing his girlfriend. This could be THE event traumatizing enough to complete his transformation, the woman he loved dead by his own hands.

That fits.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I don't think it'll become a serious relationship, but maybe it'll influence some of her decisions later on if you flirt back.

• Telltale has a way of introducing either likable female characters or attractive female characters that end up having some sort of connection with Bruce that your mind tells you to avoid but your hormones tells you to pursue. Harley for me is both likable and attractive and I flirted with her every chance I got because I'm always weak to those traps that Telltale sets up. (Obviously I set up another save as a fall back). It was the same with Eleanor in ANF. Same with Vicki last season and Selina too since she kinda played me at the end, even though we parted on good terms.

They tried to give Harley some humanity, so I hope this can go somewhere, but at the same time, she's a former psychiatrist that knows the mind. I don't know how seriously I can take the office convo either, but she's very self-aware and visibly sensitive when her father was brought up. But with Telltale, you gotta second-guess yourself and then guess again another 5 times, because they want you to think that she can be changed, but then they also want you to think that she's playing you, but then it MAY turn out that she wasn't a focal character and ends up being killed off before she can either betray you or join you.

Telltale makes my head hurt :'(

• I was so uncomfortable during all the conversations with Harley. But I imagine this is what pushes John to snap, to be honest, so I'm still going with a kind of flirty approach. Though, kind of freaked when Selina showed up at the end, since I am a Bruce/Selina kind of guy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

• edited October 2017

It helps that Harley's character is far better than I've imagined.

enter image description here

• edited October 2017

Always was sort of a quayne shipper

High five!

The Barley ship has sailed off.

Always was sort of a quayne shipper, I wouldn't mind delving more into their relationship.

• Nuh-uh, not touching that, no chance, good bye, give John the slushie, don't wanna.

• I do not understand at all what people find attractive about crazy violent people like HQ. How is she likeable? She got all sensitive when there was talk of fathers? Oh, a sign of humanity... but she enjoys bashing people's heads and seems unconcerned that she might be killing them. People baffle me.

Abeille posted: »

Nuh-uh, not touching that, no chance, good bye, give John the slushie, don't wanna.

• edited October 2017

There's a lot of ways that the Harley story arc can go from here. And that's a good thing!
    Can you imagine a Harley Quinn that can actually be somewhat saved? Or a Harley Quinn that is just as devious as the Joker once was?

And honestly, I don't really see Harley dying this early in the story due to the amount of effort put into her character and all the advertisement that she's been given.
    I know, I know! Riddler had a similiar treatment and we all know how he ended up.

But, Harley's a much bigger character and she's much more distinct in here compared to the other Batman stories. They truly have something here.
    It would be a waste to throw such a character away within the span of two episodes.

Then again, knowing Telltale, they could very easily kill her just for the shock value.

Sarunas21 posted: »

Telltale has a way of introducing either likable female characters or attractive female characters that end up having some sort of connectio

• I find it super interesting, don't get me wrong, but I'm not getting Bruce mixed up with this. Especially with Selina back in the picture.

ShampaFK posted: »

I do not understand at all what people find attractive about crazy violent people like HQ. How is she likeable? She got all sensitive when t

• edited October 2017

Dayum, Harley...

• I'm baffled as to why you're baffled. When it comes to story and entertainment, anything goes. Why do you think the Joker was such a beloved villain in The Dark Knight? Merciless, conniving, convincing, and funny, and fans gravitated to that (couldn't have been pulled off without the late, great Heath Ledger), but he stabbed a guy with a pencil, destroyed a building, and did so much more. Not in any way, shape or form comparing the 2. But this Harley is different from her other depictions and I like this role. Also, I really love her design so that's another plus. Crazy female characters are my weak point in stories. Whether it be anime, manga, shows, games, you name it, if you got a crazy female character I already love her, because she keeps me at the edge of my seat. This is strictly entertainment though. I ain't going near real life crazies.

ShampaFK posted: »

I do not understand at all what people find attractive about crazy violent people like HQ. How is she likeable? She got all sensitive when t

• edited October 2017

How would that would work though if Bruce rejects her at every turn. Most notably during the slushie scene if you reject her she frowns but when Joker drinks it she smiles on the flip side if Bruce drinks she smiles and when Joker drinks it she frowns. You could be right that the only way Harley survives is if you don't flirt with her but Joker will end up as Joker anyway. Similar to how Harvey Dent went crazy he if he didn't lose half his face.

• So wrong lore wise but at the same time its so good seeing that face from Joker haha.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Dayum, Harley...

• Fuck this shit, Brohn for life. If I’ve learned anything from TFTBL, it’s that pinky promises always mean something.

• I am ready.

Lmao a Selina/Harley/Bruce love triangle incoming next episode.

• In all seriousness though I got some gay vibes from John Doe. Like he calls you handsome etc at some point in the episode & the response you can give him "are you in love with me?" lmao.

Fuck this shit, Brohn for life. If I’ve learned anything from TFTBL, it’s that pinky promises always mean something.

• Selina/Harley/Bruce + John actually* lmao.

l33tk1ng posted: »

I am ready.

• edited October 2017

Yeah... I'm not feeling this romance either.
    Telltale really hasn't given me that perfect love interest for Bruce. He's not going to be dating any criminals (Selina, Harley), not giving his personal info to people related to high law enforcement, or anyone who would be dangerous with his personal info (Avesta), but just wants someone who he knows he can trust with that info, and who won't cause trouble with it. The only person who fits that description so far was Vicki. But... look where Telltale took that. Shattered my dreams. :'(

• Vicki is so misunderstood!

AChicken posted: »

Yeah... I'm not feeling this romance either. Telltale really hasn't given me that perfect love interest for Bruce. He's not going to be da

• I honestly think Avesta is by far the best option he has. Selina can't be trusted and Harley will smash his head if he forgets to take out the trash.

AChicken posted: »

Yeah... I'm not feeling this romance either. Telltale really hasn't given me that perfect love interest for Bruce. He's not going to be da

• I want this to happen more than anyone :)
    Also love-square between Bruce Harley Selina and John might be interesting.
    BUT
    Harley might just be playing us. Look at her relationships with John. She acts interested in him, even gives him a kiss when he hets her phalanx key but when he is not there she tells how she really feels about him and how she is using him to us. Then in their lair you talk to John and he says how they discussed how lame Bruce is. So maybe she is just playing both Bruce and John to get what she wants from them and to pin them against each other in the end. Who knows? Have to be careful around her

• John never said anything about them talking about how lame Bruce is to me. Guess it depends on your standing with them.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

I want this to happen more than anyone Also love-square between Bruce Harley Selina and John might be interesting. BUT Harley might just

• I'm pretty sure John made that up about them talking about how lame Bruce is. John was jealous and kind of petty if you accepted Harleys advances.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

I want this to happen more than anyone Also love-square between Bruce Harley Selina and John might be interesting. BUT Harley might just

• Damn Bruce, you've got John, Selina, Harley and Iman.

Lmao a Selina/Harley/Bruce love triangle incoming next episode.

• Romancing all the Gotham Sirens is the dream. With Iman on the side.

prink34320 posted: »

Damn Bruce, you've got John, Selina, Harley and Iman.

• I thought for certain that I would flirt with Harley but now it's a big no for me.

First she wants me to drink her slushie. Sure whatever, just don't give me a disease. Oh, wow, John REALLY didn't like that. I'm uncomfortable. 5 minutes later we are in Wayne Tower. She brains my security guard, physically threatens my chairwoman, and then tries to flirt with me at an obvious attempt to upset John.

HELL NO. There was no way I could even pretend to roleplay that choice, that situation was so gross and wrong to me. Not to mention John is turning out to be a pretty earnest guy and it legitimately wounds him to see Bruce flirt with her.

• John, Selina, Harley and Iman.

Getting crowded in there.

prink34320 posted: »

Damn Bruce, you've got John, Selina, Harley and Iman.

• Well I'd like it too but not for that reason.

• Unfortunately, I didn't get that kiss. That only happens if Harley becomes aware of Tiffany's presence. I was able to get the key from Tiffany and keep her and John quiet so Harley never knew she was in there.

Dayum, Harley...

• edited October 2017

Yep!

I really liked the fact that during this scene your previous choices actually mattered.

Unfortunately, I was a lying scumbag and the situation had to go the way it went...

AnimalBoy posted: »

Unfortunately, I didn't get that kiss. That only happens if Harley becomes aware of Tiffany's presence. I was able to get the key from Tiffany and keep her and John quiet so Harley never knew she was in there.

• When he announces that he thinks he's in love, you do have the option to ask him if he's in love with Bruce. While he says no, there is something in the way that he says it and the pause before he answers that does make me wonder if he just hadn't considered it before - as he'd just figured out that he thinks he loves Harley Quinn. Love for John Doe doesn't seem to have been sorted out. It could be brotherly love he feels for Bruce, the love of an idol, or of a love. Love is love - I place attraction on a different scale.

In all seriousness though I got some gay vibes from John Doe. Like he calls you handsome etc at some point in the episode & the response you can give him "are you in love with me?" lmao.

• What if they make this Harley Quinn similar to injustice that Harley Quinn becomes Bruce Wayne's ally instead of enemy? I think that would be pretty cool considering that Harley does have redeemable traits. Also taking her away from John can be what pushes him over the edge and makes him the villainous and insane Joker.

There's a lot of ways that the Harley story arc can go from here. And that's a good thing! Can you imagine a Harley Quinn that can actually

• edited October 2017

What if they make this Harley Quinn similar to injustice that Harley Quinn becomes Bruce Wayne's ally instead of enemy?

Whilst it's certainly a possibility, at this point and time in the season it's hard to see it happen as such.
    We've only recently hit a convoy of agents and most of them got brutally murdered by The Pact.

She did seem a bit more genuine during that office meeting which showcased that she might still have some humanity, but whether that was just yet another facade or not remains to be seen.

But, as I've said, there is still much, much more to be seen.

What if they make this Harley Quinn similar to injustice that Harley Quinn becomes Bruce Wayne's ally instead of enemy? I think that would b

• Looks like we have to wait until Season 3 then lol
    Nah but I think Bruce Wayne may romance her if she seduces him, remember Bruce Wayne is still a man and he has fallen for female criminals such as Selina Kyle and Talia Al Ghul. So Harley Quinn won't really be out of the question. Harley also seems to like Bruce Wayne as she gets impressed by him if you make the right choices. TellTale probably found a way in the relationship system to play out exclusive scenes or something like that so who knows? It is still possible. Just my opinion.

What if they make this Harley Quinn similar to injustice that Harley Quinn becomes Bruce Wayne's ally instead of enemy? Whilst it's

Sign in to comment in this discussion.