Batman EW Episode 5 Waiting Thread - Releasing March 27th, Both Trailers Out Now

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator

BATMAN - The Telltale Series: The Enemy Within

Episode 5 Release Date Discussion

Please use this thread for discussion about game release dates and/or discussion about the wait for the next episode. Thanks!

Vigilante Trailer

Villain Trailer

Release Date

• March 27th

News

March 22nd

March 19th

March 8th

March 5th

March 2nd

March 1st

February 27th

Visit the Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread for off topic chat!

Pass some time and get to know the Telltale Community! While you are waiting for the episode, why not pass some time by getting to know the Telltale Community?

Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay, but please do not discuss story spoilers (or share videos) relevant to this particular episode inside its own Waiting Thread - Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions where people can follow news updates and see if an episode is out yet.

Be respectful of personal boundaries towards Telltale Staff members (past and present). Keep all game discussions focused on the content and not the creators. Avoid posting social media content from staff members that is not related to official and intentional game promotion. Please note that most staff members cannot directly comment on future episode release dates, upcoming episode spoilers, etc.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited January 2018

Episode 4 was amazing congrats to the TellTale team, I really love this series! They have done a great job with both Season 1 and The Enemy Within. Yet here comes the hard part waiting for Episode 5 :wink:. Seriously though I love this game it is by far my favorite TellTale game and hope Episode 5 ends on high note and hopefully a Season 3 is being planned....Right? Please? :wink: :smile:

• I kinda hope episode 5 comes as late as possible. I don't want this game to end.

• That's why I want a Season 3 to this game it's so amazing!!! I love this game a lot, it is awesome and worthy of a award in the choices matter category... and maybe just maybe Game of the Year. :blush:

HexIgon posted: »

I kinda hope episode 5 comes as late as possible. I don't want this game to end.

• edited January 2018

What an amazing 4th episode that was!
    The ending where you're best buddies with John ( I went this route ) kinda reminded me of the "Thicker Than Water" ending from The New Frontier
    This whole season is really good, it's like Telltale never dissapoints!It's brilliant!
    Really hyped for the finale of this season!
    We'll see how it goes, it would be amazing if Season 3 is happening
    Luv u Telltale!
    <3 <3 <3

• Oh, and also
    My bet on the release date for episode 5 is March 13, we'll see if it's true...

• edited January 2018

Oh man this finale is going to get crazy, especially with a psychotic John Doe running loose saying he's with Batman. I mean he isn't wrong but this is gonna break my heart more than even Harvey's descent. A longer episode would be nice but if they can wrap up everything up nice in 80-90 mins I'll be more than happy.

• I agree this is going to be worse than Harvey becoming a villain. I couldn't bring myself to be harsh or hurt John because he seems to be the kind of person who needs help and not a villain similar to Harvey except John doesn't have all those muscles to make him a threat. Although we do see in this episode that he is really smart.

Oh man this finale is going to get crazy, especially with a psychotic John Doe running loose saying he's with Batman. I mean he isn't wrong

• Well they disappointed fans a lot of times. But I agree this series is great

CallMeCoolG posted: »

What an amazing 4th episode that was! The ending where you're best buddies with John ( I went this route ) kinda reminded me of the "Thicke

• The Batman series seems to be the best series they have in my opinion. I just love the story, characters, settings, and everything else. It makes me feel like I am watching a more mature version of Batman The Animated Series. I hope that they make another Season or two for this game.

Box Tv posted: »

Well they disappointed fans a lot of times. But I agree this series is great

• Well...yeah..kinda...
    Sometimes they do but I love all of their games, even the ones that I found a little boring like GOTG, welp...

Box Tv posted: »

Well they disappointed fans a lot of times. But I agree this series is great

• I just want to stop by and give my props to Telltale for this episode and this season so far. I genuinely enjoy this series (specifically Season 2) a lot, and I wasn't a big fan of what Telltale has been doing after TFTB. Heck, I am not even a fan of Batman (or any superheroes for that matter) at all, and I love this one a lot. I've had a lot of reservations towards the company and its future but this series gives me hope that the future might be bright and Telltale might reclaim its crown. I'm happy to be excited again.

I'm curious to see how they are going to handle the situation with John, it might be the biggest divergence in TTG storytelling in years. I hope that John's transformation will result in him either becoming Jester or Joker depending on the choices for good, not just something that will end up with the same result in the end.

From me, Episode 4 gets a solid 8.5/10, mostly because it of the insulting lack of Gordon's magnificent moustache.

• WHOA! Amazing episode! This has possibly the most tailoring I've ever seen Telltale do. On both large choices and dialogue choices, this episode delivers on those decisions! John and his current relationship to Bruce is now the most intriguing aspect of Telltale's universe, and I can't wait (as well as maybe don't want) to see where it goes...
    I might regret my decisions involving him, but I'll have to go the other way with him on a different file, just to be sure I've made the right choices.

Excited for Episode 5, but will wait as patiently as possible. The next episode needs all the work it can get, because this season of Batman may very well be one of the greatest creations Telltale has made.
    The length for EP 4 was about 1h30m for me, but I would have loved some more time with investigating, and briefing Tiffany.

Telltale's set a new high in choice-making. Please, I hope they deliver on it, and give us a great finale.

• edited January 2018

I like a lot of what TellTale has done however, I kind of hoped that they would've made Tiffany's suit a lot better but then again we don't if she is going to use the name Batgirl or another name. I think that I would've preferred something like Batman's suit only female styled because that would look like an actual Batgirl. Also I enjoyed the interactions with John especially near the end when I had faith in him doing the right thing. I'll be honest that scene was intense. TellTale really knows how to make an awesome game and an awesome superhero game.

• Hello darkness my old friend.... We meet again.

• edited January 2018

Pshhh, that's just Tifanny's "prototype suit". The real thing would be better. Hopefully. She'd look kind of out of place standing next to Batman in that getup. (It looks more like a Batman version of the Spider-Man Vigilante suit, the usual "mock up" suit Pete would wear before he gets his real spandex on.)

I like a lot of what TellTale has done however, I kind of hoped that they would've made Tiffany's suit a lot better but then again we don't

• And now we wait.

• I hope that potential romance option happens with Avesta and Bruce. I REALLY like Avesta in Episode 4 and she and Bruce have chemistry from that episode. BTW? I look forward to this'd last episode of Batman The Enemy Within. But I think we will get a Season 3

• You know, Episode 4 felt like a conclusion episode. I frankly thought it was going to end before they resolved the bridge stand-off, but they went beyond, and my ending with John doing a Peter Pan right off that bridge. I feel like the game could have spent another 5 minutes with the falling action and the story would be complete.

But now we have another episode to wait for, I'm real stoked.

• Same with me. I almost forgot this was Episode 4 after my John had taken down Harley. I thought he was going to change for good that time.

You know, Episode 4 felt like a conclusion episode. I frankly thought it was going to end before they resolved the bridge stand-off, but the

• I honestly think he would have if not for Waller being such a bitch.

AChicken posted: »

Same with me. I almost forgot this was Episode 4 after my John had taken down Harley. I thought he was going to change for good that time.

• edited January 2018

In the end of ep5 i want a scene "Because i'm BATMAN"!

• edited January 2018

Episode 4 was great ! The only thing which I consider a flaw was that we didn't get enough of Selina. I mean come on, I've romanced her past the season 1 and now in S2 I did everything exactly by the book, I've been nice to her, I tipped her about the GCPD attack on her and I took the blame when Harley was looking for the mole and we only got her for like what ? 2-3 minutes of screen time at the beginning of the episode 4 and that was all... I hope we will get to see more of her in episode 5 otherwise Telltale, we, Catwoman lovers will riot !!!

• What a good episode regarding choices!
    sigh If only we had some sort of behind-the-scenes video series to get more insight on the development of the game [cough, cough] Player's Space [cough, cough] [cries into pillow]

• theres got to be a john and batman partner ending cause theres got to be a blue outcome to show his relationship with you right.

• I really hope they do a retrospective video on the season once it's over, especially considering how much positive feedback they've been getting.

AChicken posted: »

What a good episode regarding choices! sigh If only we had some sort of behind-the-scenes video series to get more insight on the development of the game [cough, cough] Player's Space [cough, cough] [cries into pillow]

• March 27th seems more likely

CallMeCoolG posted: »

Oh, and also My bet on the release date for episode 5 is March 13, we'll see if it's true...

• I have to live through another 2 months without Episode 5. How.

• edited January 2018

MRW I waited 2 months for a 1 hour episode and now I have to wait another 2 months for the finale.

• I really hope episode 5 is 2 hours long.

• We waited 70 days for Ep4. (10 weeks)
    We waited 56 days for EP3. (8 Weeks)

I would guess that it will come out 13 or 20 March (8 or 9 Weeks from now)
    The wait for EP4 was extra long because of Christmas and new year...

I think its quite safe to bet that it will be released on March.

• Your comment summed it up perfectly. I feel you.

MRW I waited 2 months for a 1 hour episode and now I have to wait another 2 months for the finale.

• Gordon's moustache is a necessity in these games. Best tool against crime along with his nicotine patch if he stops smoking.

Jacol posted: »

I just want to stop by and give my props to Telltale for this episode and this season so far. I genuinely enjoy this series (specifically Se

• And so the wait for Episode 5 begins, which in turn marks the end of Season 2. God damn, I will miss Telltale's Batman. I sincerely hope we will get another season further down the road.

• I hope in episode 5 he finally names himself the Joker!!

• edited January 2018

If Minecraft can get an extra 3 Episodes on it’s Season, I think Batman can o:) Well here’s hoping...

• Please don't compare Batman to Minecraft

If Minecraft can get an extra 3 Episodes on it’s Season, I think Batman can Well here’s hoping...

• This series has muuuuuuch more work behind than Minecraft. Not only because of the graphics, but all the other aspects of the game too.

They aren't making extra episodes out of nowhere.

If Minecraft can get an extra 3 Episodes on it’s Season, I think Batman can Well here’s hoping...

• Honestly, if there's a series that deserves an expansion pack with extra episodes, it's Batman. Especially considering the wide array of interesting villains and stories that Telltale could work with.

Here's hoping for Season 3.

JmoooX posted: »

Please don't compare Batman to Minecraft

• I wouldn't mind a Suicide Squad DLC

Shaboomm posted: »

Honestly, if there's a series that deserves an expansion pack with extra episodes, it's Batman. Especially considering the wide array of interesting villains and stories that Telltale could work with. Here's hoping for Season 3.

• I just realized episode five is the last time we will see John, since he is probably going to get arrested/killed either way. I'm not ready.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.