Batman EW Episode 5 Waiting Thread - Releasing March 27th, Both Trailers Out Now

Comments

• Usually its 2 weeks until the episode releases. When they get it rated its when the episode reaches minimal acceptableness, this is so they can release it as soon as possible. If Telltale waited to have the episode 100% done all kinks fixed and then sent it to get rated it would take even longer.

Bruno113 posted: »

Why do they wait 1 month to release episode after it gets rated, why cant they do it immediatly after it gets rated. They're just delaying or something, i dont get this about telltale.

• Do you think that Telltale has finished Episode 5?

• I don't think they even got started, they must be throwing parties and laughing at us while we wait like dogs under the rain

Do you think that Telltale has finished Episode 5?

• edited February 2018

If that would be me and my team at work, when we try to close the project before the deadline as we usually aim to do, we would be just working like crazy 20 hours per day being busy with fixing bugs and adding last-minute changes and then fixing some more bugs for the changes added in last minute (but we are not a game devs, so it may look different here ;))...

The truth is that there is no way to know - at least until someone from Telltale will come here and share that knowledge with us, which is pretty unlikely.

It may be one of two scenarios (or both combined) - they have it ready (or 99% ready with some polishing left) and they are waiting for the business wise best date to announce the episode... or... they have still some more job to do and they are working with inhuman strength and willpower just to give us, the mere players, the best season finale possible ;) I hope the first scenario is the real one because the "crunch time" can be really exhausting for the team (not to mention that this scenario would make the release date to be closer ;)).

Do you think that Telltale has finished Episode 5?

• April would mean way more than 2 months from episode 4 so a wait even longer and worse than that we had for episode 4, man I hope you are wrong and that episode 5 will be released by the end of march...

19Street95 posted: »

Not yet, but we should receive some news before February is over. I will still stick with my bet that it will be released on 27 March but

• Anyway I don't think that it will took an entire month for the episode to come out after having been rated, episode 4 only took so long because of Christmas and new year's holiday due to telltale developers being off work I think a couple of weeks after being rated episode 5 will come out.

• 20 hours a day!!!! That is a rough day at work I mean overtime starts after 40 hours! Unless you want to pay your employees extra money lol :wink: I think it is finished but they are play testing it to ensure that choices don't break the game like don't progress the story forward or freeze the game, the usual game breaking glitches found in all games. I think TellTale has done a great job with this game and hope that this final episode is big and amazing!

Gartives posted: »

If that would be me and my team at work, when we try to close the project before the deadline as we usually aim to do, we would be just work

• Yeah 20 hours was maybe a slight exageration on my part, but 14-16 definitivelly happened a few times in my case ;) And at my work, no one is forcing us to do that, but we all want to get the job done - after months of preparations a few days with overtime are not that bad (especially when we are getting paid by an hour ;)). Anyway, I'm hoping there is not too much time pressure on Telltale developers ;)

But I agree, I think the last episode is almost ready. And I hope for it to be a little longer than the 4th one. I can wait a little bit longer if it will be worth it (I belive it will).

20 hours a day!!!! That is a rough day at work I mean overtime starts after 40 hours! Unless you want to pay your employees extra money lol

• If it's anything like their last (many) titles, they usually work on 4/5 side by side or very close together. I would imagine that the holiday took a lot of steam out of it and that they are putting some final touches on it at this point. :Fingers_crossed:. And also, the S3 teaser with Bruce meeting Ra's al-Ghul and/or Hugo Strange.

• why is everyone talking about season 3 ALREADY? like has s3 been confirmed?

• Well because ep 5 will be the last episode so people are wondering if it will also set up a season 3

L-dog posted: »

why is everyone talking about season 3 ALREADY? like has s3 been confirmed?

• I'm pretty torn about the release date; on one hand I want the new ep to be here as soon as possible and on the other hand I don't want this season to end yet.

I hope the last episode is long and satisfying. And I'm hoping for a season 3 since this is my favourite DC thing at the moment.

• If Episode 5 is similar to Episode 1 in length etc, it will be worth the wait.

• Episode 1 is still the best episode in terms of quality and length. Hopefully episode 5 will be the same.

Zjaa6 posted: »

If Episode 5 is similar to Episode 1 in length etc, it will be worth the wait.

• edited February 2018

I agree episode 1 was the best cause it had more that season 1 feeling where you played equally as both Bruce and Batman. From episode 2 of the enemy within Batman felt almost like a side character compared to Bruce in this season. I missed a lot the detective work that you had to do pretty often as Batman in season 1 and the times where you had to plan how to take down your enemies during certain parts of the episodes. Don't get me wrong I loved The Enemy Within but if I have to chose I have to say that I liked season 1 more. Also the waiting for each episode was so much better in S1 since you knew that every month a new episode would have come out cause they had announced that the entire season would have been out before Christmas and they kept their word. In fact sometimes you didn't even had to wait an entire month that a new episode was already announced. With this season the release date of each episode is so uncertain, long and stressful instead :(

Episode 1 is still the best episode in terms of quality and length. Hopefully episode 5 will be the same.

• I 100% agree. EP 1 of S2 was by far the best. It felt like a continuation of the S1 story, after ep 1 though...

I dont know, season 2 kinda disappointed me to be honest. Not in a horribly bad way, but just kinda... Too much freedom was taken from the player. We have to work with the agency and be undercover. The undercover thing was fun at first but it went on for waaaaaaay too long. I miss how we used to take down crime as Batman and Bruce and we were our own boss and chose who we worked with. Now we cant. Theres also been a noticeable unbalance between Bruce and Batman scenes, I mean ep 4 determinatly has no Batman. And because Bruce is forced to work with the agency, half the time when you play as Batman you still feel like youre playing as just normal Bruce because the Agency still controls all your actions.

I just hope if Season 3 happens it goes back to just Batman making his own choices and not being undercover all the time. The point of S1 was "play as Bruce and everyone knows who you are" and then "play as Batman to be "under cover" as you fight crime." Now its just "undercover at all times no exceptions."

Samuel2496 posted: »

I agree episode 1 was the best cause it had more that season 1 feeling where you played equally as both Bruce and Batman. From episode 2 of

• So how old y'all think John Doe is? I'm guessing he's ~30 years old/the same age as Bruce, give or take a year or two. Because what he says at the end of episode four got me thinking:

Did they seriously send a teenager to Arkham Asylum? That is fucked.

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited February 2018

If he's 40 then he got sent to Arkham when he was 20, so is not so fucked up.

Even so, John is dangerous, it seems he got "better" with time, but in Season 1 he was totally off, imagine him as a teenager without all those years in Arkham, totally justified sending him there.

hemfbg posted: »

So how old y'all think John Doe is? I'm guessing he's ~30 years old/the same age as Bruce, give or take a year or two. Because what he says

• I don't think he was being literal, but who's to saying it's a truthful response to begin with. He has a little lying problem.

So how old y'all think John Doe is? I'm guessing he's ~30 years old/the same age as Bruce, give or take a year or two. Because what he says

• whers dat news at ?

• KaelthasKaelthas Banned
    edited February 2018
  • You ass I actually clicked it, though I don't mind being rick rolled :)

Kaelthas posted: »

These are Telltale latest tweets about Ep 5

• I just hope we won't have to wait till april for episode 5...

• Just like the dark times of the wolf among us...

I don't think they even got started, they must be throwing parties and laughing at us while we wait like dogs under the rain

• edited February 2018

You lot are reminding of back in the day when we had to wait two to three months in between each episode. There was a funny gif about the episode being around the corner then Lee runs away when Clementine goes to look but I can't find it...

I just hope we won't have to wait till april for episode 5...

• I doubt John himself knows his own age, since there are no records of his previous life. Maybe that was just a way of talking.

• The weird thing is, I like playing as bruce wayne more than playing as batman

I agree episode 1 was the best cause it had more that season 1 feeling where you played equally as both Bruce and Batman. From episode 2 of

• Why? Just curious

The weird thing is, I like playing as bruce wayne more than playing as batman

• I agree. I love that we mostly play as Bruce (hell you can completely avoid playing as Batman in episode 4). Bruce doesn't get enough time in the spotlight in the comics or movies and he barely gets any in the games at all so these games are a great change of pace.

The weird thing is, I like playing as bruce wayne more than playing as batman

• The Enigma was my favorite ever Telltale episode. I hope we get an all out battle in Episode 5 with John and the Agency like we did with the Riddler.

• i wonder if they'll give us an option to have waller die

• I hope she die, she must die or forget about Batman's identity.

I want Joker to go back to Aslyum but still to be my friend, its not fun without him.

gmc1992 posted: »

i wonder if they'll give us an option to have waller die

• edited February 2018

The last throphy of the ps4 version of episode 5 is called "the last laugh" so that might hint that we will probably have the option to break Batman's rule killing the joker or send him back to arkham asylum, anyway I think something huge will happen...

Bruno113 posted: »

I hope she die, she must die or forget about Batman's identity. I want Joker to go back to Aslyum but still to be my friend, its not fun without him.

• I would be more worried if the last achievement was The Killing Joke or something like that. I don't think this will be the end of John. He will live on!

• Telltale posted a new fight choreography video. This time it's the bar fight from the first season.

• I hate all these youtube comments,youtube has really gone downhill..

Pipas posted: »

Telltale posted a new fight choreography video. This time it's the bar fight from the first season.

• What are you talking about, everyone is so nice saying the video is fantastic or asking for Episode 5.

iFoRias posted: »

I hate all these youtube comments,youtube has really gone downhill..

• I was talking about the people complaining for Telltale to release the episode.But yeah there's more positive comments.

What are you talking about, everyone is so nice saying the video is fantastic or asking for Episode 5.

• I actually discovered there's more videos like this on another channel with the Season 1 fights.

Pipas posted: »

Telltale posted a new fight choreography video. This time it's the bar fight from the first season.

• idk I just do

Why? Just curious

Sign in to comment in this discussion.