Batman EW Episode 5 Waiting Thread - Releasing March 27th, Both Trailers Out Now

Comments

• I prefer playing as Bruce too. I choose him over Batman every time the chance is given. More refreshing + I like how Bruce only depends on his wits and skills. No gadgets, no armor, no mask. Also, mask = anonimity=protection. Going somewhere as Bruce Wayne is far more risky in so many ways. Bruce Wayne can not escape the consequences, unlike Batman, who can hide behind his anonimity. Bruce Wayne had to answer for his actions in every day life.

L-dog posted: »

The weird thing is, I like playing as bruce wayne more than playing as batman

• wait how many side stories do they have to do?
    They have to finish with Waller and her team
    they have to rap up the pack with john/ joker and Harley. Maybe do something with Bane and freeze.
    Who killed Riddler?

that's it isnt it there isn't any more

Suzy222 posted: »

I have to say, I'm also a little concerned with how they are going to fit everything into one last episode. I'll be honest, I love John so t

• if anyone is wondering I was quoting Don Mclean

The day that memes die will be a day when the internet dies (to quote lines in a song by a famous American song writer).

• I love how Gordon was featured in the episode 4 keyart yet he wasn't even in the episode.

• That's because the key art was a reference to a very famous Batman comic book. Gordon had to be there.
    Telltale can't be accused to being misleading here.

I love how Gordon was featured in the episode 4 keyart yet he wasn't even in the episode.

• Ah, I forgot that all of the keyarts have been based off of comic book covers

That's because the key art was a reference to a very famous Batman comic book. Gordon had to be there. Telltale can't be accused to being misleading here.

• Not necessarily comic book covers. The key art for episode 2 was paying homage to Batman: The Animated Series.

Ah, I forgot that all of the keyarts have been based off of comic book covers

• Who else feels like there is no way that all of the plot points will be resolved unless a) Episode 5 is nearly 3 hours long or b) S3 gets confirmed?

We have Alfred's mental health, Tiffany becoming Batgirl or an Agency drone, John being a villain or a vigilante, Catwoman being an ally or having her arm frozen and disappearing, the mystery of who killed Riddler, helping Freeze or not, patching things up with Gordon, Harley being in captivity or on the run, Waller possibly being evil. Avesta possibly playing us, etc. I'm worried that certain plot points are going to be swept aside and forgotten, like with Regina and how we led two maniacs into the company who ended up threatening her.

• edited February 2018

Am i the only one who lost hype for episode 5 or even playing batman after i played all 4 episodes. ( i will re-play all episodes again so i can know better what should i decide in episode 5)

Its kinda lame now since i know what is going to happen and i can kinda cheat on decisions and its even harder now to make one now.

It would have been best if i played all episodes at once, well lesson learned, learned on hard way.

I even tried to play some of episode 1 to re-gain that hype but i guess its fine...

Just say something to cheer me up, make me feel i did the right thing.

I could just decide what i already did before, yeah that would work too i guess...

Who else feels like there is no way that all of the plot points will be resolved unless a) Episode 5 is nearly 3 hours long or b) S3 gets co

• You don't know how all of this is going to go down. Episodes 5 promises to be epic.

Bruno113 posted: »

Am i the only one who lost hype for episode 5 or even playing batman after i played all 4 episodes. ( i will re-play all episodes again so i

• Pretty much all those and then Catwoman and Gordan. But I feel like if they want to address all of them in depth they need more than one episode to do it. Otherwise it'll probably feel rushed trying to fit it in a 90 minute episode.

wait how many side stories do they have to do? They have to finish with Waller and her team they have to rap up the pack with john/ joker

• Hopefully we’ll get a long one. To be honest though, in my playthorough at least, I have no urge to see Catwoman (who I tried to let die) or Gordon. I’m so pro-Waller it’s ridiculous. I didn’t even want Avesta to destroy the stuff, but she did. Ugh.

Suzy222 posted: »

Pretty much all those and then Catwoman and Gordan. But I feel like if they want to address all of them in depth they need more than one episode to do it. Otherwise it'll probably feel rushed trying to fit it in a 90 minute episode.

• I lost a lot of hype for the series when episode 4 had a mere 1 hour length. There are so many plot points going around and while the content we got was pretty good, the length was just insulting for the amount of time we had to wait.

Bruno113 posted: »

Am i the only one who lost hype for episode 5 or even playing batman after i played all 4 episodes. ( i will re-play all episodes again so i

• Batman: The Enemy Within season finale is coming soon! Upcoming games include The Walking Dead: The Final Season & The Wolf Among Us 2. ?: New info for twittter telltale.Batman season finale coming soon?
    next week?

• has ep5 trailer been hinted????

kostya2151 posted: »

Batman: The Enemy Within season finale is coming soon! Upcoming games include The Walking Dead: The Final Season & The Wolf Among Us 2. ?: New info for twittter telltale.Batman season finale coming soon? next week?

• edited February 2018

Probably late March to early April (26'th march to 8'th of April)

• No way they release it on Easter

Acid_rain82 posted: »

Probably late March to early April (26'th march to 8'th of April)

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Nothing will released as soon as next week, the episode needs to be rated first before they can start any teasers or release the episode.

No ratings have happened yet so there is still a while to wait yet unfortunately.

Batman: The Enemy Within season finale is coming soon! Upcoming games include The Walking Dead: The Final Season & The Wolf Among Us 2. ?: New info for twittter telltale.Batman season finale coming soon? next week?

• edited February 2018

Well yesterday they said on twitter that they hope to have some news about episode 5 to announce soon... Anyway I think episode 5 will come out either march 20 or 27 not later than that cause otherwise they would have to delay it to middle april because of easter and I don't think they will make us wait so much.

has ep5 trailer been hinted????

• I fell for it
    :(

Kaelthas posted: »

These are Telltale latest tweets about Ep 5

• He doesn't seem that old though, at least not to me. Definitely younger than Harley (I read in another thread that she's probably in her late 30s?). If he was a teenager when he was committed, I'd say that it's still messed up to send a minor to a place like that. Though you are right, he could have been super violent at the time (and only later realised it would be in his favour to mellow out a little.)

After giving it some thought, asylums as a concept are super fucked no matter the age of the patient (and water is wet, I know). I hope that Bruce is making some progress behind the scenes with the planned new mental hospital from season 1.

Kaelthas posted: »

If he's 40 then he got sent to Arkham when he was 20, so is not so fucked up. Even so, John is dangerous, it seems he got "better" with t

• Who plays more in the episodes when they roughly lay out age ratings for the next episode and after publication of age ratings, how much time passes before the announcement of the ep? Release date, screenshots, trailer?

• edited February 2018

Usually between the announcement and the actual release date it passes one or two weeks in the mean time they share some screenshots and four days before the release they share the trailer.

Who plays more in the episodes when they roughly lay out age ratings for the next episode and after publication of age ratings, how much time passes before the announcement of the ep? Release date, screenshots, trailer?

• edited February 2018

Not sure if someone has mentioned this or if it counts as news, but Steam Data Base shows Telltale has been updating the game with episode 5 files since atleast Feb 16th

• edited February 2018

True, thanks for reminding me of that
    By the way, guys
    I think I have a rough idea on when we can expect Episode 5 teasers/when it drops
    Basically, Telltale add "packages" ( update-DLC for new episode ) and the size of episode roughly 10+ days before it releases
    Atleast that's how it was with episode 4

Poogers555 posted: »

Not sure if someone has mentioned this or if it counts as news, but Steam Data Base shows Telltale has been updating the game with episode 5 files since atleast Feb 16th

• edited February 2018

Here's why I think so
    https://ibb.co/album/esc0RF

• Speaking of crime alley it never was featured in episode 4 like those packages could have indicated.

• ok thanks with sharing that with us.

Samuel2496 posted: »

Well yesterday they said on twitter that they hope to have some news about episode 5 to announce soon... Anyway I think episode 5 will come

• Nah, I think that's just the codename Telltale uses for the game, as they do for all games.

• Tales from the Borderlands : purple skag
    • TWD Michonne : machete
    • Batman S1 : gotham
    • Game of Thrones : ironwood
    • GOTG : knowhere

Speaking of crime alley it never was featured in episode 4 like those packages could have indicated.

• edited February 2018

About Harley's age, i dunno how much correct is that info (it maybe just a filler date, since you can't really see that file in game, only glimpse), but in her GCPD file that was extracted from game files, it is said that she was born on
    January 2nd, 1976, and if we consider that the world here is modern (everybody is having IPhone like phones and e.t.c.), and first Season came out in 2016, we could guess that it takes place in 2016 too, and in Season 2 it is mentioned that it was year since the events of Season 1, which means that Season 2 takes place in 2017, which means that Harley is probably 41 years old.
    Here's that file by the way:

hemfbg posted: »

He doesn't seem that old though, at least not to me. Definitely younger than Harley (I read in another thread that she's probably in her lat

• edited February 2018

I'm just hoping Gordon has a big role in the final episode of the season. It made sense why he wasn't in the last one, but it's weird to think about considering Gordon has been in every episode prior. No matter if his role was big or small.

• If Harley is 41 then Waller must be in her 70's... lol I don't buy it. Could literally just put this down to their world being in e.g. 2000 but it's more technology advanced than the real world. You said this was extracted from the game files? They probably didn't let you focus on it in game cause the dates didn't make sense.

max_pain943 posted: »

About Harley's age, i dunno how much correct is that info (it maybe just a filler date, since you can't really see that file in game, only g

• Well its something on screen for just a second, I think its pretty strange whoever did it wasnt really thinking like "Gee 1976 doesnt seem too long ago" so I wouldnt consider this to be her cannon Birthday, because it simply doesnt make sense.

If Harley is 41 then Waller must be in her 70's... lol I don't buy it. Could literally just put this down to their world being in e.g. 2000

• That opens to the possibility that her oven is getting rusty and since she wanted to have a child so badly she needs Riddler's blood to be fertile again. There, a better plot than the one she actually has, and a more emotive one.

If Harley is 41 then Waller must be in her 70's... lol I don't buy it. Could literally just put this down to their world being in e.g. 2000

• I think in episode 5 will be amazing if alfred niece Barbara Wilson is coming, becouse alfred is sick. and we need batgirl, maybe this is the time to put her in game.

• There is already a Barbara Gordon, she is mentioned in Gordon's codex entry from the first season.

DjEmoxas21 posted: »

I think in episode 5 will be amazing if alfred niece Barbara Wilson is coming, becouse alfred is sick. and we need batgirl, maybe this is the time to put her in game.

• edited February 2018

but there is another barbara Wilson, and thats alfred niece.

• That character only exists in the Batman & Robin movie universe and was just Barbara Gordon with a different name and different origin to fit the movie.

DjEmoxas21 posted: »

but there is another barbara Wilson, and thats alfred niece.

• Episode 5 is most likely coming out late March or early April which I am fine with because it just means the game is getting extra polish and taking our choices into consideration. Come guys we waited five months for Game of Thrones Episode 6 to come out we can handle waiting three months...... right? :blush: :wink:

• I would strongly doubt they hold out all the way to April. I could see a mid/late March release.

Episode 5 is most likely coming out late March or early April which I am fine with because it just means the game is getting extra polish an

Sign in to comment in this discussion.