Batman EW Episode 5 Waiting Thread - Releasing March 27th, Both Trailers Out Now

Comments

• edited February 2018

You know, that's funny cuz' i had absolutely the same feel when Minecraft: Story Mode ep4 came out, where they build up everything only in ep4, but they had a whole lot story to come that definitely wouldn't have fit into ep5, and boom then we got the news that MCSM gets three more additonal episodes besides ep5, so my fingers are crossed, Very hard!

Suzy222 posted: »

I have to say, I'm also a little concerned with how they are going to fit everything into one last episode. I'll be honest, I love John so t

• That would be like Santa Claus bringing additional presents in the middle of the year.

I think they would aim to close the story in ep5 anyway, and this episode is probably like 95% done by now and they are only polishing what they already have before the release, but it does no harm to have hope for more episodes to come in this season... Totally vote for this to happen! This, or announcement of the Season 3 being on the way - right after ep5 is released. I just need to know that it is not a goodbye and “the story will continue in Batman Season 3” ;)

max_pain943 posted: »

You know, that's funny cuz' i had absolutely the same feel when Minecraft: Story Mode ep4 came out, where they build up everything only in e

• How about both? I would like to get a season 3 announcement AND more episodes for season 2.

Pretty please Telltale?

Gartives posted: »

That would be like Santa Claus bringing additional presents in the middle of the year. I think they would aim to close the story in ep5 a

• edited February 2018

Yeah, why not...

The only thing I know is... I need more - no matter to which season these episodes will belong, the story has to go on...

JmoooX posted: »

How about both? I would like to get a season 3 announcement AND more episodes for season 2. Pretty please Telltale?

• i really hope they realise something soon , im becoming so inpatient!!!!

• ~~~

i really hope they realise something soon , im becoming so inpatient!!!!

• RELEASE IT NOW OR CONSEQUENCES

• Telltale
    • Consequences

LMAO HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    AHAHAHAHHAHAAH

TL;DR: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Dan10 posted: »

RELEASE IT NOW OR CONSEQUENCES

• Kinda doubtful. Episode 4 of Minecraft basically finished the series, with ep 5 being kinda like a "free DLC episode." Batman S2 Ep 4 didnt finish like that, it was all a set up for a final episode

max_pain943 posted: »

You know, that's funny cuz' i had absolutely the same feel when Minecraft: Story Mode ep4 came out, where they build up everything only in e

• Wait what John died!

I hope not. I'd say if the vigilante ending happened she'll be looking for revenge in episode 5 and we may potentially get to fight her.

• Annoying thing is I really really liked episode 1 & 2 then it went downhill.

Poogers555 posted: »

Never forget the ANF wait. Not for the game but for it to end amirit fellas HAHAHAHA

• HAHAH
    TELLTALE WILL HAVE TO WALK WITH THEIR TALE(TAIL) BETWEEN THEIR LEGS AFTER THAT BURN
    HAHAHAHHA

Kaelthas posted: »

* Telltale * Consequences LMAO HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA AHAHAHAHHAHAAH TL;DR: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• I almost feel like they will need another season, wellp, now we Must get a season 3, sorry Telltale.
    GiveMeSeason3Telltale,please

Suzy222 posted: »

I have to say, I'm also a little concerned with how they are going to fit everything into one last episode. I'll be honest, I love John so t

• I meant revenge on John since he betrayed her :)

Sbs1280 posted: »

Wait what John died!

• So one of my good friends just played all 4 episodes within a day or two and we have been texting about it. He strongly feels like there should absolutely be a 3rd season, both due to all the plot points being juggled around as well as the fact that the Telltale Batman universe is ripe with material and possibilities. He wants to see Robin, Poison Ivy, and Killer Croc and he feels like Joker should still have a significant presence.

• Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I meant revenge on John since he betrayed her

• Lmao I probably should have elaborated more. My bad!

Sbs1280 posted: »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• edited February 2018

This series has been a big step up over the rather boring and vanilla season 1. Definitely their best work since Borderlands

Overall great to see Telltale still delivering, they have made some bad calls but I hope the quality is going up again. Hopefully TWAU S2 is also good

• This series has been a big step up over the rather boring and vanilla season 1.

Yeah,but that's just like YOUR OPINION.

For real though,the first season wasn't bad.

• Just saying Telltale, my birthday is on March 11th, so March 13 would be a great release date. Just saying.

• My birthday is April 25 Telltale, I'm just saying.

Arrhyn posted: »

Just saying Telltale, my birthday is on March 11th, so March 13 would be a great release date. Just saying.

• edited February 2018

And mine is May 5 Telltale, no hidden subtext here Telltale, just saying Telltale, no need to release Batman season 3 on that day Telltale
    Telltale Telltale Telltale
    Telltale
    totally just saying Telltale

My birthday is April 25 Telltale, I'm just saying.

• Mine is in August, VERY late August, I hope they release it on my birthday <3

Tiefling posted: »

And mine is May 5 Telltale, no hidden subtext here Telltale, just saying Telltale, no need to release Batman season 3 on that day Telltale Telltale Telltale Telltale Telltale totally just saying Telltale

• March 20th, that's the day.

• There are no ratings yet, so I would say that it will be released either on the last week of march or in early april :(

ajaxle posted: »

March 20th, that's the day.

• April??

There are no ratings yet, so I would say that it will be released either on the last week of march or in early april

• Well mine is August 10th, I'm just saying Telltale.

Tiefling posted: »

And mine is May 5 Telltale, no hidden subtext here Telltale, just saying Telltale, no need to release Batman season 3 on that day Telltale Telltale Telltale Telltale Telltale totally just saying Telltale

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Ratings normally happen around two weeks before release to it’s possible that it can be rated March 6th for a March 20th release.

There are no ratings yet, so I would say that it will be released either on the last week of march or in early april

• is it only me that think telltale wont reléase the last ep until they have atleast another game to publish the 1 chapter?

• If I remember correctly it was usually 4-5 weeks before release and I think that only episode 4 was an exception from that "rule", since it got the rating on 11-12-2017, which was 7 weeks before the episode 4 came out.

OzzyUK posted: »

Ratings normally happen around two weeks before release to it’s possible that it can be rated March 6th for a March 20th release.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited February 2018

It has always been around two to three weeks going way back to The Walking Dead season 2 except for the occasional episode which took longer, TEW episode 4 only took a lot longer due to Telltale staff being off work for christmas and the new year which severely delayed the potential release date.

If I remember correctly it was usually 4-5 weeks before release and I think that only episode 4 was an exception from that "rule", since it got the rating on 11-12-2017, which was 7 weeks before the episode 4 came out.

• My birthday is October 12.
    Lol

• Telltale replied to a guy asking about episode 5 on twitter saying "No news yet! Stay tuned here" usually when they say things like "stay tuned" or "we should have news soon" they are pretty close to announce the game so let's hope for the last week of february or the first couple of weeks of march for the episode to come out!

• Episode 4 gets a solid "meh" out of 10 from me, but this moment with John was cool. His black eye and hunched posture reminds me of Heath Ledger's Joker, but also something else.

Props to the animators for nailing John's facial expressions this episode (as always), and to Anthony Ingruber for showing more variation in his voice.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited February 2018

and to Anthony Ingruber for showing more variation in his voice.

I agree, Anthony did a great job this episode and I feel that he is coming into his own. Part of that might've been from all the character development of feeling attached, conflicted between Bruce and Harley, and ultimately feeling empowered or betrayed - meaning it helped because he was probably given more direction and nuance while voice acting.

However, I actually did like the episode as a whole too. I'm really surprised, as I thought it was one of the better episodes - especially in terms of character development. I wasn't really expecting to come around on John and initially felt that they were just making John a "proto-Joker" just for the sake of being different, but actually, this episode did a really good job at fleshing out that concept and made it feel unique to me. I was also impressed at how he called out past choices, which really helped strengthen the illusion of choice.

hemfbg posted: »

Episode 4 gets a solid "meh" out of 10 from me, but this moment with John was cool. His black eye and hunched posture reminds me of Heath Le

• I've seen Anthony Ingruber's Joker impressions on YouTube and he is really good! He nails the Mark Hamil laugh almost perfectly only difference is I think his voice might be a little to deep to be an exact replica but he is really good. Also the thing with the Joker laugh is that you must really laugh otherwise you will damage your voice. I sometimes hear a hint of Mark Hamil's Joker in Anthony Ingruber's Joker and it makes me see just how far he has come since his YouTube videos. When I first saw Joker in Season 1 it was a bit weird having him do the voice only because it was not something I was used to since I was used to Mark Hamil, Troy Baker, or John DiMaggio doing the voice but I think that Anthony has equal talent to those guys. Awesome job Anthony keep up the great work!

• when are they gonna release the ratings of episode 5.

• edited February 2018

Blind Sniper posted:
    However, I actually did like the episode as a whole too.

I’ll give it a true rating once I play the episode a second time- I’m probably being too harsh because I didn’t have the usual rush of adrenaline and eagerness to play the episode. It was more of a “I’ve got two hours free, may as well play that episode I guess” kind of scenario.

I haven’t seen the John’s empowered ‘Vigilante’ route but I was particularly impressed by Ingruber’s performance with John feeling betrayed. There was a moment, I think shortly after the choice that determines him as a villain or ally, where he sounded genuinely threatening and I felt a slight shock. And later, in the scene from my gif, he excelled at portraying an angry maniac, not only the insecure doormat we’ve seen so far.

But moving on from just Ingruber’s performance, I am impressed with the writing of John’s character too. It was interesting to see a Joker character where you don’t know which side he’s on, and neither does he.

John is really stealing the show, to an extent that I think some of the other characters are missing out because of him. I mean, he was the focus of this episode, but I think they needed to give extra time to Bruce’s allies. We need some more focus on Alfred and Tiffany (training the latter, for instance. Realistically, she’s not going to be helpful team member in episode five if she doesn’t have some experience) and also Commissioner Gordon (who was fired in my game, admittedly- I think he can show up in episode four but in my game he’s probably off busting crackhouses or something).

I’ll admit I got a little sidetracked in that last part. All in all, I don’t intend to be hugely critical. I get it; the runtime is short, things are tight at the studio; I don’t fault them for prioritising their strongest selling point.

(This is off-topic, but how can I properly make a direct quote in a reply to a post like at the beginning of yours? I haven't posted much since the forum update and idk what I'm doing)

and to Anthony Ingruber for showing more variation in his voice. I agree, Anthony did a great job this episode and I feel that he is

• (This is off-topic, but how can I properly make a direct quote in a reply to a post like at the beginning of yours? I haven't posted much since the forum update and idk what I'm doing)

You actually just did it now! :) When you click "Reply" on a forum post, the formatted Quote text you mention shows up on its own.

hemfbg posted: »

Blind Sniper posted: However, I actually did like the episode as a whole too. I’ll give it a true rating once I play the episode

• Ah, I understand now. Thank you.

(This is off-topic, but how can I properly make a direct quote in a reply to a post like at the beginning of yours? I haven't posted much si

Sign in to comment in this discussion.