What if [THIS happened] in The Walking Dead Game?

Okay so, in a return to form, this is a predominately open-ended, all-encompassing thread dedicated to a fairly simple premise: What would have happened if this character did that, if this interaction took place, if this particular moment happened differently, or this game changing development didn't occur at all?

Also, as a precaution to the current forum formatting, I usher you a warning: if you edit a post replying to someone else's particular point(s), be sure to refresh the page afterwards before moving on. This will restore the proper quote(s) and keep the post's status as a reply from being lost.

Comments

• What if Mike got some of the scenes that happened with Jane?

• Which scenes do you have in mind?

DabigRG posted: »

What if Mike got some of the scenes that happened with Jane?

• The rescue mission for Sarah and the Farmboys in particular, but any scene can be speculated on.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Which scenes do you have in mind?

• If Mike went to save Sarah, I think she would have lived. He would actually want to save her and he cared.

People will disagree with me for saying sth positive about Mike, oh well.

The rescue mission for Sarah and the Farmboys in particular, but any scene can be speculated on.

• Agreed. He wasn't injured like Luke so he would have just picked her up and thrown her like a sack of potatoes.

If Mike went to save Sarah, I think she would have lived. He would actually want to save her and he cared. People will disagree with me for saying sth positive about Mike, oh well.

• edited March 2018

@Fangirl101 If Mike went to save Sarah, I think she would have lived. He would actually want to save her and he cared.
    People will disagree with me for saying sth positive about Mike, oh well.

Same thought here, though it'd also be interesting to see how he'd have reacted to the prospect of possibly having to leave her.
    And yes, I expect "Fan of MetalDick" in particular to swoop in eventually.

Agreed. He wasn't injured like Luke so he would have just picked her up and thrown her like a sack of sticks.

Fixed. :lol:

EDIT: Woah, how did the quotes get swapped?

Agreed. He wasn't injured like Luke so he would have just picked her up and thrown her like a sack of potatoes.

• I think he would have been against leaving her.
    Who?... I am scared either way.

Was Vengy trying to roast me or something? :neutral:

@Fangirl101 If Mike went to save Sarah, I think she would have lived. He would actually want to save her and he cared. People will disagr

• At the end of season 2 if Clementine had the option to convince the group to head back to Howes first because they know where it is, divide up the supplies when they got there, and everyone could head their seperate ways after. Those who wanted to stay at Howes could stay at Howes, those who wanted to head further south could head further south, and those who wanted to head back north to find Wellington could do that. If this was an option things would have gone a lot smoother but it wouldn't have been as interesting or entertaining of a story and I'm glad this wasn't an option.

• edited March 2018

I found Jane to be a more interesting character than Mike so I'm glad she got those scenes since she didn't receive as many scenes as Mike did in episode 3. Mike could have used more development that's for sure but the finale wouldn't have been as powerful if he had received the development instead of Jane so I thinke Telltale made the right choice with that one. Those scenes were also written to build up Jane's character and they wouldn't have been as good if Mike was there instead. Though this is an interesting concept.

What if Mike got some of the scenes that happened with Jane?

• edited March 2018

I think he would have been against leaving her.
    Who?... I am scared either way.

I know. Just speculating the exact dialogue and reaction that would come if he was there to witness/affect what happened in the game proper.
    A longtime Janiac, with a questionable name

Was Vengy trying to roast me or something? :neutral:

Naw, I'm pretty sure was agreeing with you and throwing in some slapstick in the process.

I think he would have been against leaving her. Who?... I am scared either way. Was Vengy trying to roast me or something?

• What if Tripp died in Episode 2 during the raid?

• Yeah, I'm kinda curious to see how that would go.

Like, who would stick to their plan, who would change their mind, and what would Arvo's thoughts on anything be if he was allowed to come along.

Veeeee posted: »

At the end of season 2 if Clementine had the option to convince the group to head back to Howes first because they know where it is, divide

• Mike could have used more development that's for sure but the finale wouldn't have been as powerful if he had received the development instead of Jane so I thinke Telltale made the right choice with that one.

To be honest, I'm not quite what the timeline on the finale's would look like if we could see.
    Like, I kinda doubt there was always gonna be a big WWE Championship match from the beginning and in hindsight, I'm pretty sure Jane was initially [re]written to help build it up before they changed their minds [again] and she was [mandated to be] shoehorned into the finale.

With that said, Mike was supposed to be more relevant to Clementine personally and therefore had more to do with the story than Jane did, possibly even after they [overly] ascended her.

Those scenes were also written to build up Jane's character and they wouldn't have been as interesting if Mike was there instead.

They were written [the way they were] and Jane's character was expanded on because Telltale saw people talking about her after In Harm's Way and wanted to capitalize.

I found Jane to be a more interesting character than Mike so I'm glad she got those scenes since she didn't receive as many scenes as Mike d

• I found Jane to be a more interesting character than Mike so I'm glad she got those scenes since she didn't receive as many scenes as Mike did in episode 3. Mike could have used more development that's for sure but the finale wouldn't have been as powerful if he had received the development instead of Jane so I thinke Telltale made the right choice with that one

Imho it wasn't a good decision at all Luke should have been the one to have more scenes and be the one to fight Kenny in the Finale,this would have made the final choice so much harder.

I found Jane to be a more interesting character than Mike so I'm glad she got those scenes since she didn't receive as many scenes as Mike d

• [Almost] Nothing would change. :lol:

What if Tripp died in Episode 2 during the raid?

• Aw... :(

:joy:

[Almost] Nothing would change.

• What if the stranger had crashed and met Clementine instead of Lee?
    Wasn't he on the highway?

• What if David was the only leader of The New Frontier?

• Joan wouldn't be able to give her ultimatum to Javi. Maybe she just pits David vs. Ava but that seems redundant.

What if Tripp died in Episode 2 during the raid?

• Yeah, I agree.

It's particularly notable that they really didn't do that much with Luke despite clearly building him up and even initially designing him as an important character to the story and Clementine. I think it's safe to assume the initial lull was in the earlier outlines where it was supposed to be him and Carlos vying for leadership, but after that(and even arguably during), they seemed to be trying to have him mainly react and develop through other characters' actions and testimony.

It's funny cause they were seemingly trying to have the stuff with Jane resonate with him to help justify him getting in an actual fight, only to go back on it and have him be critically wounded in favor of her being shoehorned into the finale to take his top billing.

iFoRias posted: »

• Holy shit, I think you're RIGHT!

Imagine, had that walker ...walked out in the middle of the road at a different interval, Clementine could've been meeting Mr. Campman and his [surviving] family members.

mister_sij posted: »

What if the stranger had crashed and met Clementine instead of Lee? Wasn't he on the highway?

• edited March 2018

Luke should have been the one to have more scenes and be the one to fight Kenny in the Finale,this would have made the final choice so much harder.

I agree that Luke should have had more scenes but it would have been so out of character for Luke to stage a baby's death. It just isn't in Luke's character to start violence. Yes he sometimes starts conflict but he isn't the type to willingly kill people always advocating for the option that is less violent. In episode 3 as much as Luke despised Carver he was still the better person and advised that they didn't kill him. Making Luke the one who stages the death of a baby would have made no sense.

iFoRias posted: »

• I remember thinking his plan would basically amount to him specifically trying to bring order to a chaotic world by militaristic force, with his men going out and intimidating other settlements into either yielding to them or being conquered/raided/enslaved/turned.

What if David was the only leader of The New Frontier?

• I agree that Luke should have had more scenes but it would have been so out of character for Luke to stage a baby's death.

He didn't need to do that they could have done something else,maybe Luke would blame Kenny for Jane's death or something like that.

Luke should have been the one to have more scenes and be the one to fight Kenny in the Finale,this would have made the final choice so much

• If Mike went to save Sarah, I think she would have lived. He would actually want to save her and he cared.

When Sarah fell off of the balcony she was in a pretty bad situation and I don't know if Mike would have been able to save her but he certainly would have had a better chance of doing so than Jane. Mike had more brute strength and he actually would have wanted to save her. He would certainly have made much more of an effort than Jane did.

• I agree that Luke should have had more scenes but it would have been so out of character for Luke to stage a baby's death. It just isn't in Luke's character to start violence. Yes he sometimes starts conflict but he isn't the type to willingly kill people always advocating for the option that is less violent. In episode 3 as much as Luke despised Carver he was still the better person and advised that they didn't kill him. Making Luke the one who stages the death of a baby would have made no sense.

To be fair, I imagine it could've been framed to be less him staging the baby's death so much as him hastily hiding AJ to confront Kenny without worrying about his safety.

Also, it is worth noting that Luke actually did have an inherent tendency to resort to sneakier tactics when trouble/danger crept up, so it's impossible for him to do that if felt he had to.

Luke should have been the one to have more scenes and be the one to fight Kenny in the Finale,this would have made the final choice so much

• You meant to reply to me, right? :sweat_smile:

Thank you for your comment. :)

If Mike went to save Sarah, I think she would have lived. He would actually want to save her and he cared. When Sarah fell off of th

• Yeah, I meant to reply to you.

You meant to reply to me, right? Thank you for your comment.

• edited March 2018

Woops forgot to make it a reply disregard this.

• Why is it every time I defend Jane I get so much shit for it? It's obvious you hate Jane and I can see why you and many others don't like her but just because you don't like a character doesn't mean they are badly written and the story would be better off without them. Everyone has the right to choose what characters they like or don't like. I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I thought your point was stupid. I was simply trying to explain why I liked how they made the other choice when they actually published the game.

Mike could have used more development that's for sure but the finale wouldn't have been as powerful if he had received the development inste

• Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was arguing against you. At all.

My point was primarily that Telltale changed a number of major things throughout production and Jane is one of the bigger results of that.

Why is it every time I defend Jane I get so much shit for it? It's obvious you hate Jane and I can see why you and many others don't like he

• Sorry about that misunderstanding.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was arguing against you. At all. My point was primarily that Telltale changed a number of major things throughout production and Jane is one of the bigger results of that.

• edited March 2018

I get the feeling that David was meant to be the leader when the first two episodes came out. I think it would have been more interesting and conflicting for Javier if David had been the main antagonist and Joan had been a supporting antagonist instead.

What if David was the only leader of The New Frontier?

• edited March 2018

The funny about that is there's evidence suggesting that that was almost certainly never the case, at least for long.

Though I do believe Joan was a supporting antagonist.

I get the feeling that David was meant to be the leader when the first two episodes came out. I think it would have been more interesting an

• What if Luke didn't get his leg shot in No Going Back?

• Maybe he was never meant to be the leader I just thought that is what they were building up in the first two episodes.

The funny about that is there's evidence suggesting that that was almost certainly never the case, at least for long. Though I do believe Joan was a supporting antagonist.

• I do think they at least considered it at one point and simply used that as a red herring for the marketing to make Mason and later Joan the surprise Big Bad.

Maybe he was never meant to be the leader I just thought that is what they were building up in the first two episodes.

• Who is Mason?

I do think they at least considered it at one point and simply used that as a red herring for the marketing to make Mason and later Joan the surprise Big Bad.

• edited March 2018

Mason is the name of the original villain of A New Frontier. He would've been the one who was ordering the raids on other settlements, using Max and Badger's crews behind David's back and possibly Joan's visits with other settlements to do it. He may also be the "Carver-type" from [possibly] unused Part 1\2 flashbacks that Melissa Hutchinson mentioned in an interview not too long after the premiere.

Similar to Troy in Season 2, Mason was eventually cut from the story later in development, his role as the main antagonist was given to Joan, and his model was held over with some tweaking to represent Dr. Lingard, which may explain the latter's more composed appearance in Above the Law's trailer.

Who is Mason?

• What if Arvo managed to talk Buricko down?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.