Batman EW Episode 5 Waiting Thread - Releasing March 27th, Both Trailers Out Now

Comments

• Honestly wouldn't be so surprised if it is revealed he killed Riddler or was in charge of getting him killed lmao.

Inb4 Season 3 ends with Bruce being attacked by Mori goons and then he comes out and reveals it lmao

Pipas posted: »

Just you wait until it's revealed that it was actually him who killed Riddler. Then you'll be SORRY!

• I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Frank all along, and everybody else was a Red Herring

• Still the "Mr J" came out of nowhere lol.

Pipas posted: »

Maybe Harley's just letting him do his first real villain job by himself while she's supervising him.

• Just four more days to go...?

• edited March 2018

I wonder how villain Joker will compare to Riddler, who was also a great villain this season.

• Yeah
    very weird

Still the "Mr J" came out of nowhere lol.

• edited March 2018

Not trying to persuade you, (I don’t care enough to try and change anyone’s mind.) but I’d do some fact checking before saying Batman wouldn’t team up with someone like John. Look at Batman in Injustice. He trusts Harley and welcomes her with open arms to the batcave and to his team after she was involved in the bombing of Metropolis where countless people died while receiving no punishment for her involvement.

My mind is made up. No matter how hard I'm trying to convince myself trusting John was the right choice it just is not. I can't possibly env

• I chose to trust John in my main playthrough I'm determined to redeem him.

• Your all disgusting you all made fun of frank that he sided with john how could you monsters make fun of a inncoent man trying to enjoy his game of pool?

• edited March 2018

Frank ain't no ordinary man, and that was no innocent game of pool, Frank has fooled us all. . .

collboy600 posted: »

Your all disgusting you all made fun of frank that he sided with john how could you monsters make fun of a inncoent man trying to enjoy his game of pool?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited March 2018

I think that line was just meant as some playful fanservice. A little treat for all the classic Joker fans out there. Just like the kiss and the lipstick.

Still the "Mr J" came out of nowhere lol.

• I thought for sure she was going to call Batman B-man on the bridge as fan service. On a side note, no one has mentioned Bruce/Batman's exposure to the virus. How will that play out in the beginning of episode 5?

Deltino posted: »

I think that line was just meant as some playful fanservice. A little treat for all the classic Joker fans out there. Just like the kiss and the lipstick.

• To be fair though the injustice universe is pretty inconsistent on how they do their characters.Like its weird to me how everyone on Batman's team just blatantly ignores that she was partly responsible for the deaths of countless people and well, driving superman over the edge...

AnimalBoy posted: »

Not trying to persuade you, (I don’t care enough to try and change anyone’s mind.) but I’d do some fact checking before saying Batman wouldn

• OK for everyone who is talking about Batman teaming up with John is out of his character I would like to mention one thing: This is TellTale's take on Batman there is no right choice here it all depends on how your Batman and Bruce are, is Batman brutal or is cool on under pressure. This Batman is all about how you want him to be. Joker will attempt to be similar to your Batman and Bruce.

• I find it funny that some people are saying that the vigilante Joker seems out of place compared to the villain Joker. If anything, vigilante Joker is the route that makes the most sense in this season compared to him suddenly turning into a capable villain.

• E1) Helped Bruce find Riddler's hideout and sends him after Mori in episode 1.
    • E2) Gets Bruce into the Pact and determinately keeps Tiffany's presence a secret from Harley.
    • E3) Helps Bruce in Riddler's hideout, once again keeps secrets from Harley for Bruce's sake, either gets Batman the laptop or tries his best to, has the coffee date with Bruce, and tries his best to save Bruce from being blamed as the mole
    • E4) Always saves either Bruce or Batman while in SANCTUS, always finds Harley's location for us, always offers to help us stop Harley, and determinately succeeds in doing so.

Seriously people, John has been proving himself as an ally all season long and although he's clearly unhinged he has shown few signs of being a vicious and calculated villain. If anything, him becoming the villain Joker is the heel face turn. Not trying to discredit the villain route but vigilante John makes the most sense and is the most in character for all parties involved.

• edited March 2018

But John tell Harley about Tiffany later. He also won’t take the fall if he steals the laptop. My opinion John belongs back in Arkham Asylum .

I find it funny that some people are saying that the vigilante Joker seems out of place compared to the villain Joker. If anything, vigilant

• For what reason he really didn't do anything wrong. We don't ever see him attack an innocent person. Also the agents scene we have no clue what happened there if Joker caused it or if he was attacked. If anything he hasn't really committed any crimes that Batman could arrest him for except being friends with criminals like Harley Quinn.

Shadow2122 posted: »

But John tell Harley about Tiffany later. He also won’t take the fall if he steals the laptop. My opinion John belongs back in Arkham Asylum .

edited March 2018

You ask me, the vigilante Joker is, at its core, unsustainable. He wants to fight for justice, but he doesn't quite understand the nuances that go into it. Batman could try to lead him down the right path, but what if it just blows up in his face again?

I mean, think about it: the last time Bruce managed to convince him to be "good", Waller tried to kill him for it. If Batman were to convince him to let a bad guy live, only for said bad guy to attack him, Batman, or even an innocent bystander, there's a good chance Joker will take it even worse than he did the first time. Not to mention, is a relationship between the two really possible? Sooner or later he'd do something Batman simply can't agree with, or feel obligated to stop, and that could easily make him fall into the "if you're not with me, you're against me" routine.

Like, I really would love to see him remain teamed up with Batman, but I just can't see him staying in Batman's good graces forever. He's too misguided and unhinged. Like, we're talking about a dude that nearly beats up a guy. For telling him to be quiet. At a funeral. That he shouldn't even be at in the first place.

• edited March 2018

I’d say Injustice Bruce is like any other Bruce in the way he thinks and acts. Yeah, Harley got off totally without punishment but that doesn’t change how Bruce acts and thinks as a whole in the Injustice universe.

To be fair though the injustice universe is pretty inconsistent on how they do their characters.Like its weird to me how everyone on Batma

• Even worse, he might not even care about the nuances that go along with justice. He admires Bruce and wants to emulate him, but we don't know far that extends beyond brutalizing bad guys, dressing up in a fun costume, and using fancy gadgets. Considering how 50/50 he is on deciding on whether to be a hero or a villain, it looks like he's just trying to cram himself into whatever identity seems nicest, whichever side seems more glamorous to take, regardless of his actual moral views.

I went with the vigilante route, but I already have extremely heavy doubts.

You ask me, the vigilante Joker is, at its core, unsustainable. He wants to fight for justice, but he doesn't quite understand the nuances t

• Tbh its pretty logical that he is in love with Harley.

For what reason he really didn't do anything wrong. We don't ever see him attack an innocent person. Also the agents scene we have no clue w

edited March 2018

For what it's worth, I still think the vigilante path could be extremely interesting. He doesn't even necessarily have to become a bad guy, either. I just don't see the relationship between him and Batman staying 100% positive. I could however, see it ending where the two end up fighting each other due to their different beliefs, but neither of them hate one another either. Like they agree to disagree, or I guess technically fight to disagree. An ending where Joker and Batman walk off into the sunset with Joker going "Well it's been fun, Batman. Tomorrow, we go deliver some more justice...", on the other hand? Yeah, I heavily doubt that's gonna happen.

Piggs posted: »

Even worse, he might not even care about the nuances that go along with justice. He admires Bruce and wants to emulate him, but we don't kno

• Doubts and a lot of unknown is what makes vigilante route so risky and interesting, I think. Like sitting on the ticking bomb, but I'm willing to take the risk and pay.

Piggs posted: »

Even worse, he might not even care about the nuances that go along with justice. He admires Bruce and wants to emulate him, but we don't kno

• its still strange how Bruce considers Harley an ally after everything she's done, Id also argue this is the only Bruce that would forgive a Villian who was partly to blame for blowing up a city and killing their best friends wife,unborn child etc.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I’d say Injustice Bruce is like any other Bruce in the way he thinks and acts. Yeah, Harley got off totally without punishment but that doesn’t change how Bruce acts and thinks as a whole in the Injustice universe.

• I'm trying to keep optimistic that the vigilante path will be worth the hype, but I will say I'm disappointed that his design is so lacking compared to the villain version. It's mainly the hair I think; I get what Telltale was trying to do, but it doesn't look...right. At all.

They missed out on a golden opportunity to make him this universe's Red Hood, which would've made much more sense thematically given what that persona is associated with now, and it would've been a nice little callback to the Joker's original origin. Would've made for a much better design too than what we ended up getting.

• Very sensible points indeed. The unsustainability part rings even truer to my ears, it's not like I wish him ill but I can't possibly imagine him establishing an healthy relationship with Batman. If John could really become a good character who has at heart to save lives I would forgive him for his spasms of insanity but judging by the trailer he seems too far gone already.
    Therefore I prefer to cleanly sever our friendship and bring him down. It's what I envision Batman to do.

I'm aware there will be pretty disastrous consequences for doing that but this is just the nature of the job, helping a known maniac will cost me a lot as well. And I really don't want to give Waller a reason to go after me.

You ask me, the vigilante Joker is, at its core, unsustainable. He wants to fight for justice, but he doesn't quite understand the nuances t

• It's pretty obvious from the blog posts and general common sense that a Joker/Batman alliance won't be sustainable... that doesn't mean it won't be incredibly entertaining and an intriguing twist on the canon.

• Hm, no, my John and Batman are going to be fine.

• The real defining point of the series isn’t what John does that makes him a worthy vigilante or villain it’s how the player perceives his actions. For example are you asking him to get the laptop because you’re his friend and u need a favor or are you just using him to get what you want. When it comes to it the really question is are you his friend or do you just use him to get what you want.

• I'm so mad at Telltale, because I got the Vigilante ending because I love John, but that Villain trailer is so obviously superior. I hope the episode's not like that.

• I think she still gonna be alteast try to boss him around, i don't think she will turn in this classic Harley version!

What's confusing me is how quickly Harley seems to be slipping into a sidekick role to the Joker in the villain side. I thought this version

• edited March 2018

Yea me either but perhaps she would be more willing to let Joker be in charge since it seems like in one point in the trailer Batman is captured by Joker and his goons.

max_pain943 posted: »

I think she still gonna be alteast try to boss him around, i don't think she will turn in this classic Harley version!

• It's worth noting that in the codex Bruce says that John has gone straight back to being wrapped around Harley's finger. So I don't think Harley's going to be getting on her knees and worshipping the guy. I think she'll still be in control in the sense that John would do anything for her.

Yea me either but perhaps she would be more willing to let Joker be in charge since it seems like in one point in the trailer Batman is captured by Joker and his goons.

• T-t-t-three more days... *halp pls, i'm dying inside"

• edited March 2018

You know I was thinking about all these Frank memes but you know who legitimately should have came back for a small appearance? This woman from episode 1:

There were actually a lot of interesting choices around her, her coming back to follow up on your choice would of made more sense... But we are getting Frank.

• about vigilante path i reckon he could be redeemed as if you bribe willy / bullock and be merciful to banes thug he couldnt say "from what ive seen from you violence solves a lot of problems" this only in the violent paths , i hope theres a choice to keep trusting him or not , like i want my joker to be a good vigilante not to kill and bye the looks of it we give him the "bat code" hope it can actually work.

• When did that happen?

AeroRep posted: »

I thought for sure she was going to call Batman B-man on the bridge as fan service. On a side note, no one has mentioned Bruce/Batman's exposure to the virus. How will that play out in the beginning of episode 5?

• Eh, I bet she's Frank's undercover operative, sent by him to spy on Bruce.

You know I was thinking about all these Frank memes but you know who legitimately should have came back for a small appearance? This woman f

• Well, they said he'll be watching and learning in every scene.

about vigilante path i reckon he could be redeemed as if you bribe willy / bullock and be merciful to banes thug he couldnt say "from what i

• Also maybe paying off Mori vs whatever other violent options there were for getting info on Riddler, if Telltale decides John found out about how you did that.

about vigilante path i reckon he could be redeemed as if you bribe willy / bullock and be merciful to banes thug he couldnt say "from what i

Sign in to comment in this discussion.