Are you more excited for Walking Dead Season 4, or Wolf Among Us 2? [Poll]

Gonna post this here because Wolf section is pretty dead because most conversation is just "Hope itll be good."

So, out of curiosity as of right now what game are you more excited about? The long awaited sequel to Wolf Among Us, or the final season of Walking Dead? Remember to share your thoughts on why you are excited for which game!

Poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/15142216

Tagged:

Comments

• The Wolf, definitely. I have a bad feeling about S4 tbh...

• To be honest, I'm not exactly excited for neither because ANF killed my interest in TWD franchise, obviously and they are making TWAU S2 because fans have been asking for it for years and I don't think they had ever planned a sequel in their minds, they're now looking for ideas to make fans enjoy Season 2, I just don't want it to have the same treatment as TWD sequels (Season 2 was okay at the best).

If both turn out to be good, they will be the last Telltale games that I will play.

• Neither, since I haven't experienced TWAU yet.

• I actually am excited for both

• I'm looking forward to seeing the conclusion to The Walking Dead and Clementine's story. And I think we can all agree that Season 2 of The Wolf Among Us is long overdue. Can't wait to see where both of these series go.

• edited February 2018

I use to get excited about TellTale's walking dead more than the TV show.... New Frontier made me loose the confidence I once had in them in how well they could handle this series, and especially since nothing was learned then improved upon from season two mistakes. Wolf Among Us left on a decent note. But in spite of disappointments with Walking Dead..I am still optimistic they have it in them to hit another home run. Never could understand nor feel Wolf Among Us that much.. as much.

• Both. Shouldn't this poll be posted in the wolf forums as well?

• S4. Wolf was good, but I wouldn't put it above the first 2 seasons of TWD. After some of their recent games, if TT can't close out the series on a positive note I'll have lost any remaining confidence I have in them and probably pass on TWAU.

• GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
    edited February 2018

Get On That Shit, Bruh. It Is Fuckin Awesome. ;)

DabigRG posted: »

Neither, since I haven't experienced TWAU yet.

• I actually WOULD put TWAU above TWD, since it's literally THE GAME that got me into Episodic Games in general.

S4. Wolf was good, but I wouldn't put it above the first 2 seasons of TWD. After some of their recent games, if TT can't close out the series on a positive note I'll have lost any remaining confidence I have in them and probably pass on TWAU.

• Cool, never said you couldn't. I won't, though.

GohanFGC posted: »

I actually WOULD put TWAU above TWD, since it's literally THE GAME that got me into Episodic Games in general.

• So I've heard. And I did kinda like what I've seen of modelswaps.

Still haven't put Batman in the console, though.

GohanFGC posted: »

Get On That Shit, Bruh. It Is Fuckin Awesome.

• I haven't played The Wolf Among Us. Should I try it out? Do you have to be a fan of the comics or book or whatever it's based off of to understand what's going on? Or is the game a stand alone story from the series it is based off of like TWD games are? If you do reccomend it, does it end on a cliffhanger? If it does, I would like to know so I could wait for season two to come out before playing season one so it isn't a miserable wait.

• Wolf Among Us is great, I constantly say the Holy Trilogy of Telltale games are The Walking Dead S1, The Wolf Among Us, and Tales from the Borderlands, all 3 of these games are just perfect and everyone should play.

But no, you dont need to be a fan of the comics to understand what is happening or to enjoy the game. Everything is very nicely explained for the player and it is not hard to understand the rules of this world, and yes it is 100% stand alone. I will say it has a cliffhanger, but not in a traditional sense. Its cliffhanger is more of a "leaves you to think of what the ending really means," also Telltale has already confirmed that Season 2 will not pick up from this cliffhanger, and that Wolf S1's ending is going to remain ambiguous, with the player coming up with their own meaning of the ending. That being said, I would recommend playing it as soon as you can instead of waiting for Season 2 because the cliffhanger has already been confirmed to not be answered or built upon in Season 2.

Veeeee posted: »

I haven't played The Wolf Among Us. Should I try it out? Do you have to be a fan of the comics or book or whatever it's based off of to unde

• Thanks for the information. I will look into it when I get the time.

Poogers555 posted: »

Wolf Among Us is great, I constantly say the Holy Trilogy of Telltale games are The Walking Dead S1, The Wolf Among Us, and Tales from the B

• Well I just saw some of the new writers they have on board for The Walking Dead The Final Season and believe that they can make this season just as good as Season 1. They have Emily Grace and Gary Whitta and more popular writers. Also since they only have two games to work on right now they can focus half their team on one game and half on the other. Sometimes TellTale has four games going on at once and that just takes more resources to create their games. If they need extra time to make this season awesome I say let them have the extra time to get it done. Delays are an important part to game development even though it frustrates some fans.

• I confess that I'm betting my chips on S4 of TWD, although ANF was a complete disappointment in my opinion. To complete, it would be fantatic to see the return of Sean Vanaman in TDW, but I think that is there to dream too.

• The Wolf Among Us 2.

• Very excited for both but I'm way more invested in Walking Dead's story.

• Get TWAU....and Batman,,,,jeez man....you are missing great things

Neither, since I haven't experienced TWAU yet.

• I got Batman Season 1 on the backlog. Wanna finish Fighter Z and maybe Mighty No 9 first.

Get TWAU....and Batman,,,,jeez man....you are missing great things

• ugh forget Mighty No 9....disappointment city

I got Batman Season 1 on the backlog. Wanna finish Fighter Z and maybe Mighty No 9 first.

• Yeah, I know. But I've had it for a while and A Ranked all but one mission before doing the final two levels, so part of me feels like getting it over with.
    Plus, for what it's worth, I don't think it's that bad a game. Just kinda mediocre.

ugh forget Mighty No 9....disappointment city

• Yeah...but considering the developer..I had hoped for more than ...mediocre.

Yeah, I know. But I've had it for a while and A Ranked all but one mission before doing the final two levels, so part of me feels like getting it over with. Plus, for what it's worth, I don't think it's that bad a game. Just kinda mediocre.

• Wolf Among us sequel. I liked the atmosphere better (I felt more in control playing as Bigby), and I enjoyed Bigby's character much more than any of the WD protagonists (especially with being able to do things like returning the favor to Dum/D).

Even then, it feels like WD's been on down hill slope for a while now. I'd even rank WD:S2 over WD:NF. Not because the latter was particularly good, just that season 2 was a disappointment.

• Right now I am more invested in TWD but I am also hyped for TWAU.

• Couldn’t care less for either

• Really ? I could understand you're not hype for The Final Season.
    But you don't even care to see our boi Bigby again ?

dan290786 posted: »

Couldn’t care less for either

• I'm more excited about The Walking Dead: The Final Season. The Wolf Among Us series never interested me as much.

• TWD has a bigger connection to me the twau

• I know, vix, I know.
    Not really a true Megaman fan and don't remember who made this, but I know.

Yeah...but considering the developer..I had hoped for more than ...mediocre.

• TWAU....how the fuck did they start teasing twd final season if anf was literally a year ago? We've been waiting for Bigby for 4,5 fucking years for God's sake.

• Cause they wanna get this zombie of a series over with. Finally.

TWAU....how the fuck did they start teasing twd final season if anf was literally a year ago? We've been waiting for Bigby for 4,5 fucking years for God's sake.

• I pretty much stopped caring about TWD after season 2. Didn't really like the second season and ANF was even more disappointing, so Wolf for me. It'll be nice to visit Fabletown again after such a long time.

• Yeah I feel the same, I still really enjoyed S2 but ANF really made me not care about this series anymore, I hope S4 is good and is what "season 3" should have been, but ANF already took away the cooler elements that could have been implemented, making me not really care about S4.

Pipas posted: »

I pretty much stopped caring about TWD after season 2. Didn't really like the second season and ANF was even more disappointing, so Wolf for me. It'll be nice to visit Fabletown again after such a long time.

• The Wolf Among Us 2

• While AJ's redesign is admittedly a step towards being something that could make TFS interesting, I will say that TWAU has far more chance of being good, charming, and/or enjoyable from what I've heard.
    Creepy screenshot from the Meme thread aside.

• No dude i really don’t. TWAU first episode was ok, 2nd was ok but 3-5 was not good for me at all. It started feeling very like the “new” Telltale format. I just have no faith and feel TWAU S2 will be awful as well

iFoRias posted: »

Really ? I could understand you're not hype for The Final Season. But you don't even care to see our boi Bigby again ?

• Seriously ? I'm surprised you hate TWAU i honestly think it's one of the best games Telltale have made.
    Oh well.

dan290786 posted: »

No dude i really don’t. TWAU first episode was ok, 2nd was ok but 3-5 was not good for me at all. It started feeling very like the “new” Telltale format. I just have no faith and feel TWAU S2 will be awful as well

• If it ain't Season 1, the old man don't care.

iFoRias posted: »

Seriously ? I'm surprised you hate TWAU i honestly think it's one of the best games Telltale have made. Oh well.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.