Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• Like the saying goes, don’t assume, otherwise you’ll only be making an ass out of u and me.

• He's a toad you...angry balding old man

Jayroen posted: »

Lee looks just like that frog in your profile pic lol

• I remember that! As soon as I woke up, I started playing and saw the intro scene with Clem's narration. Everyone else was asleep but I was pumped!

NexusFire posted: »

That's good to hear!

• His name is MR TOAD and he will NOT be disrespected!

Lee looks just like that frog in your profile pic lol

• Pete whenever he decides to speak out on the matter:

• the walking dead the final season episode 3 and 4 When will they be released?

• edited September 2018

Xzz

• Be patient, we will have to wait for Pete to announce the dates and so forth

noctis121 posted: »

the walking dead the final season episode 3 and 4 When will they be released?

• edited September 2018

Uhh never mind, sorry Mr. Toad..

He's a toad you...angry balding old man

• I played the episode...

• I will update with the partial statement relesed

• edited September 2018

I don't know what to think about this. I dont like that "in some form" phrase.

• edited September 2018

Either way this is massive, great news, there's a high potential this will work, Pete Hawley needs to pull a Usain Bolt with these partners, I would love if Sony or MSFT or Valve or Ubisoft came and saved them from hell, it'll help the creatives and Pete Hawley so much, also we need Melissa (she's key to the closure of clem) we can't let this go on a cliffhanger please TT.

• edited September 2018

Microsoft would be logical...they dont have story driven developer it will make them become the good guys again and they can do marketing well. Its a win-win for everyone

hs19940 posted: »

Either way this is massive, great news, there's a high potential this will work, Pete Hawley needs to pull a Usain Bolt with these partners,

• Yup the ceo of Xbox would love to help TT, as a pc gamer/ xbox owner i support this suggestion, Xbox should buy TT.

MrGraffio posted: »

Microsoft would be logical...they dont have story driven developer it will make them become the good guys again and they can do marketing well. Its a win-win for everyone

• and btw I will not post Mike Futter news...hes a reporter not a part of Telltale, I will only post news from Telltale confirmed sources only

• edited September 2018

Damn Pete... they are roasting you...

:D :D :D

For those who don’t know Cory Barlog is the creative director of God of War 4

• What about ps4 people do they get the game too

hs19940 posted: »

Yup the ceo of Xbox would love to help TT, as a pc gamer/ xbox owner i support this suggestion, Xbox should buy TT.

• Mine is just a speculation...until there’s anything official we don’t know

What about ps4 people do they get the game too

• edited September 2018

I have hope, but that's all it is right now to me.

TTG is getting a bad rap for not paying their workers severance. Going along with their already spotty history (yes I am aware under a new CEO) people/developers aren't going to be rushing by their side to save them. I am hopeful another company comes along, buys TWD TFS from Telltale or whatever, and re-hires the team to finish their own work. That would be the best. However, that's probably not going to happen.

TTG probably owns the rights to the season 3 and 4 script. Hopefully if they sell the rights to produce and make the game, the new people go along (with every detail) with the original script because E1 and E2 were simply fantastic. Also, obviously, hopefully the same VA's too.

Also, I found it weird (and oddly optimistic) that TTG added the release dates for E3 and E4 to their game menu. I highly doubt they will make their own deadlines for release, but I am hopeful.

• Honestly, as much as I'd like to see the end to Clementine's story, I totally support the idea of first doing the right thing for those that lost their jobs and didn't even receive a severence pay.

Damn Pete... they are roasting you... For those who don’t know Cory Barlog is the creative director of God of War 4

• Of course. They deserve to be compensated for their hard work. The thing is, can they do both?

Tewudin posted: »

Honestly, as much as I'd like to see the end to Clementine's story, I totally support the idea of first doing the right thing for those that lost their jobs and didn't even receive a severence pay.

• You right i hope they come on all platforms

Mine is just a speculation...until there’s anything official we don’t know

• edited September 2018

In this hypothetical situation, Microsoft would be legally obligated to release the game for Ps4 and Steam, as people who bought it from those platforms would be robbed of their 10 bucks (since half of the game is completed and released already).

Unless they re-payed every PS4 and Steam user who bought the game 10 dollars. But that's a lot more expensive than the alternative.

You right i hope they come on all platforms

• Regardless it would be unfair if every future TT game going forward after WD was console exclusive, so they should try to avoid that.

• At this point in time? No, definitely not. I believe that currently Telltale is just trying to not spend as much money as possible so they can extend their lifetime. According to that tweet, there are talks with those potential partners so it seems logical. Atm Pete is probably trying to do everything he can to just delay the inevitable. At least until they will either succed in finding someone to finance TFS (and maybe potentially paying serverences) or it will fail.

Anything's possible rn so we just have to wait and see how the situation develops.

Of course. They deserve to be compensated for their hard work. The thing is, can they do both?

• I don't think that's even possible though... I'm not an expert on their monetary situation but they didn't pay people because they didn't have the money to do so, right? That situation hasn't changed. If they can finish TFS, the money from that and their Netflix deal might be enough to pay their former employees, but doing so will probably end Telltale for good (depending on how much they get from it, of course). Withdrawing support from them now basically ensures failure. If they go bankrupt, nobody sees anything.

Honestly, as much as I'd like to see the end to Clementine's story, I totally support the idea of first doing the right thing for those that lost their jobs and didn't even receive a severence pay.

• The petition hit 20k! Its something alright.

• Oh, don't get me wrong. Telltale is definitely finished in my book. Either way I just can't see them surviving it. They've lost 90% of the employees, all of their projects are potentially cancelled or at least put on hold, there is little to maybe no money at all.

I think everyone knows that. I just think that some people hope that Telltale will manage to find a solution to both finish up TFS (with those partners backing) and maybe pay severences. Is it possible? Yes. Will it happened? Hard to say. Everything can happen at the moment.

I don't think that's even possible though... I'm not an expert on their monetary situation but they didn't pay people because they didn't ha

• My guess is that they have reduced so they can save money for bouncing back. They have 250 salaries more now, they made this in order to attract possible partners. So when they find a deal the partner will support them in exchange for an original product made with the money they saved. Once this is done it will be up to the publisher whats comes next. But this still dosent give a solution for the walking dead the final season...

Oh, don't get me wrong. Telltale is definitely finished in my book. Either way I just can't see them surviving it. They've lost 90% of the e

• At the very least we can see that they are trying to sort something out for The Final Season now. Really wish they hadn't said "in some form" though... that could mean anything. :/

Everything else we just have to wait and see, I guess. Something tells me they only made this statement because of fan pressure... almost 21K on the petition now!

My guess is that they have reduced so they can save money for bouncing back. They have 250 salaries more now, they made this in order to att

• Remember that CEOs are masters when it comes to semantics, we’re not out of the woods yet, not until Pete says, “Episode 3 & 4 will release” in a clear sentence

• Im confident that the traction #SaveClementine is garnering will ultimately make Telltale bounce back, like THQ Nordic. Who know maybe under a different name I never like the name Telltale anyway

• Just pay the fucking severence you cowards.

E3 and E4 can wait.

• Lookit this fuckka pretending to actually care. :D

GSSalvador posted: »

Just pay the fucking severence you cowards. E3 and E4 can wait.

• edited September 2018

I do care. Why wouldn't I care about 250 people who made some of my favorite games but lost their jobs without anything? They got fucked over. They didn't deserve this.

Lookit this fuckka pretending to actually care.

• I'm sure you do, most people pretend to care to make themselves look better though, it's called virtue signaling. I for one, will just be perfectly honest, I do not care as long as the episodes are released.

GSSalvador posted: »

I do care. Why wouldn't I care about 250 people who made some of my favorite games but lost their jobs without anything? They got fucked over. They didn't deserve this.

• Right now, I think they're weighing their options on what ways they could finish The Final Season.
    With a "skeleton crew" this won't be easy for them. It's all a matter of options and what they can afford to do.

• I definetely DO care, but yeah let's just get those episodes out by any means necessary before we worry bout anything else. Plus honestly the best chance for them to get their severance or be rehired is for this deal to go through, so it's a win win for both parties anyway.

I'm sure you do, most people pretend to care to make themselves look better though, it's called virtue signaling. I for one, will just be perfectly honest, I do not care as long as the episodes are released.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.