Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• I guess it just depends on if telltale can find the right defence.

Poogers555 posted: »

Telltale does have a defense to this though, the act that the employees are saying was violated has some loop holes. The act says if a compa

• My guess is that means either heavily condensed episodes or a story builder ending.

With only 25 employees left and facing a class action lawsuit it's all but impossible for them to maintain the quality the past 2 episodes have had with 200+ employees.

• I think the company that gets The Final Season of The Walking Dead. Will work as fast as fuckin possible to finish episodes 3 &4. Not to mention they need the voice actresses and voice actors for it. Episode 4 will probably be delayed from release date. Btw? Fuck AMC and Fuck Lionsgate.

• edited September 2018

To be honest, I doubt that 200+ employees worked on a single episode.
    What they would need is a small team that is dedicated.

...you know, that one team that got fired.

Chibikid posted: »

My guess is that means either heavily condensed episodes or a story builder ending. With only 25 employees left and facing a class action

• You're right. They were all divided. As far as I know, by reading, they were divided into teams working on a different projects. TWD teams were the largest at the moment and one worked on episode 3 while the other worked on episode 4. At the same time there were probably smaller teams working on future projects (e.g. Wolf, Stranger Things, Batman etc.)

BigBadPaul posted: »

To be honest, I doubt that 200+ employees worked on a single episode. What they would need is a small team that is dedicated. ...you know, that one team that got fired.

• The problem is though that that particular defense does not work for California's version of the law, so Telltale would still be compelled to dish out hefty financial damages if this is brought to court.

Poogers555 posted: »

Telltale does have a defense to this though, the act that the employees are saying was violated has some loop holes. The act says if a compa

• I find it funny people are so angry about backers pulling out, telltale's clearly been a sinking ship for a while now I cant fault companies for not wanting to lose money.

Its a shame the game wont be finished but ah well they took way to many risks and barely developed there games to be anything different for years

• TFS' team is about 150. Remember, there was also a TWAU team, a ST team, a MC team, and a legal team.
    If you think that is bad, check out 2015-2016. Game Of Thrones, Tales, Michonne, Minecraft, Minecraft DLC, A New Frontier and Batman.

BigBadPaul posted: »

To be honest, I doubt that 200+ employees worked on a single episode. What they would need is a small team that is dedicated. ...you know, that one team that got fired.

• No they asked James (Ex lead writer) on one of the E3 meeting how many people were working on the Final Season, and he said in total 100ish, although he inferred that a lot of those people only did small things with the game and weren't a part of it 24/7.

Ghetsis posted: »

TFS' team is about 150. Remember, there was also a TWAU team, a ST team, a MC team, and a legal team. If you think that is bad, check out 2015-2016. Game Of Thrones, Tales, Michonne, Minecraft, Minecraft DLC, A New Frontier and Batman.

• edited September 2018

From Polygon: "Telltale confirmed in a comment to Polygon that season pass sales have been halted as the company discusses new development plans to finish out the series.

“Yes, we have removed season passes for The Walking Dead: The Final Season from stores for the time being,” a representative told Polygon. “We’re currently still working to find a way to hand off production of episodes 3 and 4 so that the season can be completed. The outcome of those efforts will determine when and how The Final Season returns to stores. We hope to have a firm announcement before the end of the week. For now, we apologize for any inconvenience.”"

For full article: https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/25/17903996/telltale-the-walking-dead-final-season-sales-canceled

Nothing really new, though we can expect an announcment soonish, but thought I'd put it here anyway...

• Good find, thanks.

From Polygon: "Telltale confirmed in a comment to Polygon that season pass sales have been halted as the company discusses new development p

• Nice. Thanks for the post.

From Polygon: "Telltale confirmed in a comment to Polygon that season pass sales have been halted as the company discusses new development p

• At the very least they expressed hope to make a solid announcement before the end of this week. Let's hope for some good news and it the mean time we just have to be patient. Thanks for sharing, even tho I've already read it but there might be people who didn't.

• Nice, possible end of the week announcement regarding whether or not we get episode 3 and 4. I’m worried.

• Thanks a lot!

• ProxmanProxman Banned
    edited September 2018

I find it really hard to believe that there won't be a single company that will jump to the rescue. I'm sure there must be a good number of game devs that are WD fans and want this 6-year story to properly conclude.

• Being fans means nothing if there won't be something to gain for the company who will take it over. These are businesses, more than likely working on their own games and products, and concerned about their own bottom line, and since Telltale already sold it themselves, what could their be to gain for whoever takes it over?

Proxman posted: »

I find it really hard to believe that there won't be a single company that will jump to the rescue. I'm sure there must be a good number of game devs that are WD fans and want this 6-year story to properly conclude.

• I mean its a small and niche fanbase and to be honest the vast majority just want to see what happens to clementine, the "saviour" company will get very little from taking over this project, few fans will stick around

Proxman posted: »

• edited September 2018

Do you think Telltale ex devs will try to self employ? Unity is a free engine after all (right?)

• Probably not, living costs are too high to start something up.

MrGraffio posted: »

Do you think Telltale ex devs will try to self employ? Unity is a free engine after all (right?)

• He really flipping do be like that

• it really do be like that sometimes

@LaFlameSaurus welcome back u sack of shit

He really flipping do be like that

• What exactly did this guy do? All i can find is that he sued the company when he left

He really flipping do be like that

• many shitty things. like ramping up the company and buying a fuckton of licenses instead of investing on his established francises like twd and twau

What exactly did this guy do? All i can find is that he sued the company when he left

• Oh so nothing really then and its people being daft.....The company doing that cant be put soley on one guy. I think telltale were dumb by how they kept buying into big franchises but trying to move on from walking dead etc wasnt the worst idea

many shitty things. like ramping up the company and buying a fuckton of licenses instead of investing on his established francises like twd and twau

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited October 2018

yeah...fuck you :D , finally back,feels good

it really do be like that sometimes @LaFlameSaurus welcome back u sack of shit

• Nice.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

No they asked James (Ex lead writer) on one of the E3 meeting how many people were working on the Final Season, and he said in total 100ish,

• No,mf,btw,can't,suh'in,like,
    don't,talk,
    like,this,tho,shit,
    tho.

THO,mf

Honestly it is
    really hard to take you seriously when you type like this, so I'd advise for you not to. If your vocabulary is limited, that's absolutely fine I don't mind, but enough with the ''I hope not tho,would b finny, if I got banned, again tho.

I'll stop I just wanted to try this for once in my life and it is very unsatisfying so there is no need to go on further.

yeah...fuck you , finally back,feels good

• why tho

No,mf,btw,can't,suh'in,like, don't,talk, like,this,tho,shit, tho. THO,mf Honestly it is really hard to take you seriously when yo

• I don't no tho
    argh this is frustrating I'm getting lured into a quality shitpostm must ignore

why tho

• whomst'd've'lu'yaint'nt'ed'ies's'y'es'nt't're'ing'able'tic'ive'al'nt'ne'm'll'ble'al'ny

I don't no tho argh this is frustrating I'm getting lured into a quality shitpostm must ignore

edited October 2018

THO

whats wrong with that

tho

and naw it aint hard to take shit seriously,i know people who b talkin like this in real life too so i dont see whats the problem
    so,stfu
    my vocabulary is not limited,eh,sir
    I could write everything perfectly with big ass words that aint even in the dictionary but i dont need to,and yeah you can perfectly understand everything i said even if i wroe it like that
    foh with yo hatin ass
    also,i was talkin to my Pizza Man,Spaghetti Sucking homie,so bruh if u dont get yo ass...

No,mf,btw,can't,suh'in,like, don't,talk, like,this,tho,shit, tho. THO,mf Honestly it is really hard to take you seriously when yo

• At this point I fully expect the update to be that the season is cancelled. I don't have much hope.

• Naw,ppl b talkin like dis in real life is different to a forum,there are no rules that explicitly state that tho,it's just that we try to be formal,because it shows the forum in a better light I guess.

THO whats wrong with that tho and naw it aint hard to take shit seriously,i know people who b talkin like this in real life too so

• edited September 2018

Hopefully this isn't the last waiting thread...

• edited September 2018

The two things I want more than anything (in that order):
    1 ) The sacked Telltale Employees to find good, stable employment.
    2 ) Another company to save TFS.

What a shame it would be to see a story that has spanned the last 6 years to go in the bin. You would think taking over such a popular series would be an attractive proposal for an outside company, hopefully if one does make a concrete offer it doesn't get bogged down with legal issues.

If the series gets cancelled then Omids cat is gonna be even more pissed...

edited October 2018

what im saying is im perfectly capable of talkin all good n writing shit all nice with proper grammar and everything but fuck that!!

ppl b talkin like dis in real life is different to a forum

wtf? on the internet theres no need to talk all nice n shit,so if ppl b talkin like this in real life they can b talkin like this here too
    so STOP HATIN!
    go get your formal ass somewhere alse then and dont talk to me,bruh

Naw,ppl b talkin like dis in real life is different to a forum,there are no rules that explicitly state that tho,it's just that we try to be formal,because it shows the forum in a better light I guess.

• What I want to know is that if one of the partners takes 3 and 4 will they use the same engine/style of animation and will they stick to the script or will they f it up

• Dude are you serious? He is one of the main reasons A New Frontier was garbage, telling us lies like Episode 1 split in 2 parts because too big and 42 versions of Clementine. He also made employees waste their time on unnecessary projects like Guardians of the Galaxy, Minecraft Story Mode games, The Walking Dead Michonne. Do you think he gets to be sorry about their loss when not one year ago, he sued them for finally stepping up? He was greedy as fuck and everything he says is bullshit. There is no reason not to blame this shithead.

What exactly did this guy do? All i can find is that he sued the company when he left

Sign in to comment in this discussion.