Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• Probably, but the finale is kinda more important to nail down, which makes that whole situation more scary. As far as I know, episode 4 hasn't been worked on at all outside of the script and most voice work. Putting the pieces together in the way it was intended is going to be really difficult.

The old team had a vision for the ending, they even started with it, and because of that, they've basically build the entire game around that. Things were set-up, build-up and are supposed to have a pay-off in the end. The mere existence of those pay-offs is not enough. What matters is how those pay-off moments are created, developed and ultimately framed.

Let's just say Clementine dies at the end. With the old team, they would've made sure to make it as emotional as possible. Be it through last second changes to animations, voice work or even the script. By the time they develope the last episode, they KNOW what works and what doesn't. It's just a completely different work-flow and work-environment.

The new team will not have that possibility. They will probably try to release this episode as fast as possible. They may even be forced to do it. The last episode will actually be the first time they work together on this project. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Chances are, instead of a death like Lee's, she'll get a death like Ava's.

The third episode will be fine. Come on now. Its the the finale to worry about.

• I guess, among all the workers who retained their job, there are some devs that worked for TFS, or at least I hope so.
    I read that not everyone left in TT are working for Minecraft.

GSSalvador posted: »

Jup. The people behind Done Running and Suffer the Children were the reason why it turned out so good. You can just feel the passion in ever

• Its okay to worry and be concerned, but also wait and go in with an open mind. Yeah, I know the original team are 95% likely gone from the project, but that doesn't necessarily mean that its going to half assed. The script and voice work is all (pretty much) done and we'll still be getting those powerful lines and dialog. The original vision might not be the same and that sucks, but I wouldn't go in thinking their here to ruin what was intended.

Probably, but the finale is kinda more important to nail down, which makes that whole situation more scary. As far as I know, episode 4 hasn

• The script will likely stay the same, there’d be no reason for them to rewrite any of it. So I think in terms of vision for the story itself and where it leads, we’re going to be fine.

Probably, but the finale is kinda more important to nail down, which makes that whole situation more scary. As far as I know, episode 4 hasn

• This one of those "better than nothing" situations: Worst scenario for me is that this turns into another Dukem Nukem Forever and gets stuck in developer hell

• IM SO ANXIOUS

• This upcoming statement will decide my mood for the next three months.

• I believe that we have a good chance. Even if it will be sad to see (if it's going to happen) that Clementine will die and AJ will be on his own and that Telltale will not making anything after TWD, it's good for us all that we will see the whole story. It will be very... bittersweet ending for us all.

• The end is near.

• I'm freaking out.

• Same, I'm honestly so anxious to hear about TFS.

NexusFire posted: »

I'm freaking out.

• I just hope that it means any new characters in Episode 4 will not have ghost hair, and ugly SFM-like models (Cough s2) and ugly 'dynamic lighting' (cough every-scene in the collection, especially s1 finale) I feel as though the bar has been set to high for FunLabs since TFS looks so good.

Poogers555 posted: »

Well yeah most of us know Funlabs is pretty ass and the collection really shows that. Just saying that I think they probably are pretty like

• Let's just say Clementine dies at the end.

How exactly do you know that? I would've thought they'd at least allow Clem's fate to be determinant.

• I don't know anything. It was just an example.

Let's just say Clementine dies at the end. How exactly do you know that? I would've thought they'd at least allow Clem's fate to be determinant.

• We don't even know if its coming today. They "hope" to have an update by the end of the week isn't a sure thing.

• Ditto !

This upcoming statement will decide my mood for the next three months.

• Today's the day, folks...

• I'm just thinking how amazing it would be if the original team for TFS would come back.. how much is that possible?

• edited September 2018

Honestly, pretty unlikely.

If they came back, it would only either be for the fans, or to see their project be finished. I doubt they'd be trusting Telltale with anything.

I'm just thinking how amazing it would be if the original team for TFS would come back.. how much is that possible?

• Yeah, I know. I'm just dreaming.

BigBadPaul posted: »

Honestly, pretty unlikely. If they came back, it would only either be for the fans, or to see their project be finished. I doubt they'd be trusting Telltale with anything.

• Not necessarily. They didn't guarantee anything. They just said they "hope" to have some news by the end of the week.

bloop posted: »

Today's the day, folks...

• So today d day hopefully I hope someone picks it up and sticks to the script that telltale wrote and not there version

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited September 2018

foh with yo satanic ass thread
    ass

:D but seriously,tho,ep3 is almost done so thats probably gonna come out but as far as i know ep4 hasnt been made yet and since telltale is gone now,someone else will have to do that shit,and for another company to make/finish ep4,well,theres less hope for that because
    the telltale tool is fuckin trash and if telltale didnt know how to use their own engine i doubt someone else will

• Especially that this fourth episode is the most important given that it is the last one of the series!

• The scripts for both Episode 3 and 4 are completely finished, the voice work for Episode 3 is completely finished, and the voice work for Episode 4 is almost finished, minus a few actors. Along with that, most of the assets for Episode 3 are also complete, it's really just Episode 4 that needs a good amount of work done. Episode 3, while not ready to be shipped, seems to just need a few bits and pieces to be completed.

foh with yo satanic ass thread but seriously,tho,ep3 is almost done so thats probably gonna come out but as far as i know ep4 hasnt b

• About as possible as Lilly returning in Season 4, with the odds of survival low, and considering it’s been 8 years where anything can happ-oh she did come back.

I'm just thinking how amazing it would be if the original team for TFS would come back.. how much is that possible?

• C'mon, c'mon, c'mon. That announcement draws closer, let good luck shine on us soon. I will be praying to the boat god.

• I cant stop refreshing the forum.

• Odds are it's not coming today, which doesn't mean anything, this kind of stuff takes some time. When they finalize their decision, we'll know. Until then, they're working on it.

• I don't know if its good or bad there was nothing today.

• The fact that we didn't get any news from Telltale today makes me kinda worried. Let's hope they say something on Monday then.

• stressed out and i'm not even pete howley. hopefully the actually find partners to finish the final season to close down with peace and not rage from fans.. :neutral: :[

• Crap! Sigh.. man.. this is giving me anxiety, trying to find out what happens, but we gotta keep trying tbh, or hope for the best,

BigBadPaul posted: »

Well, I've found the reddit post with the ratings that the person was talking about... here. I couldn't find the episode on the australian classification board myself. Might be fake. EDIT: Fake.

• We just gotta have patience, if the outcome is good or bad we must deal with it.

• OMG GUYS TELLTALE JUST POSTED ON TWITTER. (jokes i hate life im sorry)

• Someone just sent me a fake Telltale tweet and I nearly had a heart attack.

The actual statement I hope is good news, or I'll be sad for the next three months.

• Eat pant.

bobshaw posted: »

OMG GUYS TELLTALE JUST POSTED ON TWITTER. (jokes i hate life im sorry)

• The suspense is killing me.

Eat pant.

• edited September 2018

looks at watch , look at clock on pc , looks on wall clock

Sign in to comment in this discussion.