Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Yeah his reasoning for why it was a "budget" issue doesnt sound like it was the true reason. Im sure there was some budget issues but he admits in the same post its mostly because it doesnt matter. He also says how the story gen is mostly made for "new comers" and to catch them up on Clem, which also explains why we arnt allowed to really explore any type of conversation or bring up anything from the past too Lilly because "The poor lost newcomers!!!"

I have no idea why Telltale kept pandering to new comers, sales were dropping each game, its pretty obvious everyone playing it was playing it because they were sticking around from the last game while others dropped off. If you keep pandering to new players when there are none, all the older players will just leave.

Luckily final season isnt super hard core on "new comer squad" but its just strange they seem to never let you mention the past yourself when it makes sense.

Toitle_John posted: »

That's fucking stupid. Wellington is one of the best endings. The very first time I played, I shot Kenny and cried my eyes out. Then when

• After having taken several looks at Minnie, one could conclude she once lived a life when opossums, raccoons and gators were staple foods in her home, where an old antenna TV rested on top of a milk crate infront of an old, worn out couch that was riddled with springs bursting out of holes. She also looks like she ate cold beans straight from cans, and used them as cups afterward.

• No, to even get AJ to say anything, you have to stay silent when they ask what to name it.

DabigRG posted: »

That is wonderful. I was wondering about that. Can he name it anything else based on your choices?

• I have no idea why Telltale kept pandering to new comers

Leaving new comers hanging would've pushed them to buy the previous games. Why they didn't realize that, I don't know.

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah his reasoning for why it was a "budget" issue doesnt sound like it was the true reason. Im sure there was some budget issues but he adm

• To be fair, it's not like there was a lot of space to explain some of these.

Melton23 posted: »

Tfw backstories need to be explained over the game’s forums instead of the game itself, but some of those backstories tend to contradict what we have seen in game.

• You can avoid any confrontation with the last guard on the ship before you get to Minnie by using the city name "Rockingham" as code. But to be able to do this, you must let Abel "sweat" about turning instead of giving him your word that you won't. That's when Abel will give you this information that you can use later.

• edited January 2019

Wondering if I should make a thread that compiles all the callbacks in TFS because there is a shitload.

I noticed that Abel steals the "Now look at me. I'm a fucking mess." line from Carver, during the time Carver taunts Kenny before he gets killed. "Now look at you, you're a mess".
    Not sure if that's intentional or accidental that they recycle so many lines.

• It's intentional.

Wondering if I should make a thread that compiles all the callbacks in TFS because there is a shitload. I noticed that Abel steals the "N

• What you're saying doesn't make sense though because how would characters like Lee and Javi know about TT employees if they weren't in their memories? Still, I believe that was meant to be Kenny's stache.

At least we're getting small references here and there that shows how Clem is still thinking about Kenny. There's the Kenny figure in the s

• Cool

If you stay silent during the naming of the bomb, AJ will name it himself. He simply names it... "AJ". When you finally place the bomb in

• They are saying that from Clementine's perspective, it is a callback to Kenny, but from the players perspective, it is a tribute to Randy Tudor

Ghetsis posted: »

What you're saying doesn't make sense though because how would characters like Lee and Javi know about TT employees if they weren't in their memories? Still, I believe that was meant to be Kenny's stache.

• ohh alright then, it still seems like a bad excuse, making it a reference to two different things and all, but alright.

They are saying that from Clementine's perspective, it is a callback to Kenny, but from the players perspective, it is a tribute to Randy Tudor

• Eh, honestly, I think it's better that way.
    Instead of just another projected reference, it's primarily a tribute to someone who may actually deserve it.

ohh alright then, it still seems like a bad excuse, making it a reference to two different things and all, but alright.

• Depending on who you have (Violet or Louis) when reading Ruby's file you'll have different dialogue.

If you have Violet she'll say Ruby was like Taz the Tasmanian Devil, but if you have Louis, Tenn talks about the time Ruby chased a teacher around with a big barbeque fork.

• Because I used to love one of these, here's the leaked choices for Thicker than Water.

• I thought he does that regardless?

lupinb0y posted: »

Depending on who you have (Violet or Louis) when reading Ruby's file you'll have different dialogue. If you have Violet she'll say Ruby w

• I looked it up again just to make sure and he doesn't say it if you have Violet.

I thought he does that regardless?

• My guard didn't ask anything, he walks away instead of asking a question. I was confused when I saw that option on a YouTube video since I didn't get that?

You can avoid any confrontation with the last guard on the ship before you get to Minnie by using the city name "Rockingham" as code. But to

• That happened on the first playthrough I watched as well.
    She explains how you get it, though one would think you wouldn't exactly need to do that since you hear Minnie get called that anyway.

My guard didn't ask anything, he walks away instead of asking a question. I was confused when I saw that option on a YouTube video since I didn't get that?

• When Louis says 'well, there is one..' in the music room in Episode 1 we now know that he does indeed know more than one other song lol

• Everyone probably knows this, but for those who don't, when you first see the schoolyard and you tell Marlon 'sure, I get by..' he asks 'no matter what?' (paraphrasing here) and I'm pretty sure Clem doesn't respond, Marlon saying 'don't worry about it, we all do what we have to.' This references him trading Minerva and Sophie to 'protect the school'.

• edited January 2019

Honestly, people should've taken the hint that Clementine was aware of her surroundings and how other people were acting with the "I never liked him" option with Kenny. Meaning she saw and understood when he was being a dick to Lee or others and that negatively affected her. So yeah, she most definitely is observant and not stupid.

It's like people think Clem is retarded and doesn't see the way Larry treats Lee. She's 8, not 3. And Lee voices his opinion about Larry

• Who said they thought she was stupid back then anyway?

Honestly, people should've taken the hint that Clementine was aware of her surroundings and how other people were acting with the "I never l

• Someone earlier commented that it was ridiculous for Clementine to have such strong negative opinions of Larry when she barely interacted with him. Ridiculous to consider him a "racist asshole" or to say that she "always hated him".

But you don't need to personally experience someone's bad behavior to know it's there. She can observe it being practiced on other people around her.

Who said they thought she was stupid back then anyway?

• Well, yeah.

But given Shenzi's history, I'm gonna assume the original comment was on more about how oddly stressed those comments seemed than the root idea.

Someone earlier commented that it was ridiculous for Clementine to have such strong negative opinions of Larry when she barely interacted wi

• Yeah, maybe, now that I'm thinking about it.

Well, yeah. But given Shenzi's history, I'm gonna assume the original comment was on more about how oddly stressed those comments seemed than the root idea.

• Doesn't make sense how Lee said 'why the train? You always pick the train' excuse me wtf are there some dreams we've been missing out on because all the players know is that Clem spoke to Lee again in the RV, not the train. The RV would've been better in S4 too, because it had Lily tied up. Idk I never liked this part.

• They picked the train because it was almost THE defining moment/location for Season 1's story going forward.

Doesn't make sense how Lee said 'why the train? You always pick the train' excuse me wtf are there some dreams we've been missing out on bec

• “Don’t be afraid.”

• I was just thinking about that earlier, I had forgotten that was one of Lee's potential last words to Clem before he dies until then. I always pick "I'll miss you" so I didn't think about it before. I wonder if this was intentional or just a sheer coincidence (since the words "Don't be Afraid" are never actually said in the song, it makes me think this might have actually been intentional).

“Don’t be afraid.”

• Irrelevant but I thought it was funny. Just started replaying season 1 and Clementine is totally wearing stirrup pants. If you don't know what that is, you were not a kid in the early 90's. I took a pic but I don't think the forums allow uploads from your computer. Oh how I hated when my mom bought me stirrup pants as a kid.

• edited January 2019

It's a video game and the line needs to directly output what the player selected as a dialogue choice.

For the dialogue line to be "Oh yeah, I sorta hated your dad Lily, I didn't personally really talk to Larry but I saw him treat Lee, my guardian angel, like shit on numerous occasions. He was always in a bad mood. I was an observant 8 year old girl."

is not good writing in the SLIGHTEST.

"I hated your dad and was an asshole. I remember that one time he X." is better writing.

Well, yeah. But given Shenzi's history, I'm gonna assume the original comment was on more about how oddly stressed those comments seemed than the root idea.

• edited January 2019

I think it’s good writing. You see a guy treat you surrogate dad like shit, punch him and leave him for dead, and Clementine was there for that by the way she screamed “no!” As well as the fact she was always there when he was arguing with the other members of the group, and you’re telling me you wouldn’t call them an asshole at ANY point? I think it’s very good writing and is very realistic. Unless you’re telling me you wouldn’t hate a man who does things like that... I mean I fucking hate Donald Trump ? has he done anything to me specifically? No, but I still hate him.

It's a video game and the line needs to directly output what the player selected as a dialogue choice. For the dialogue line to be "Oh y

• It is implied that she talked to him before (Before going in the ranch) so they probably spoke on the train as well

Doesn't make sense how Lee said 'why the train? You always pick the train' excuse me wtf are there some dreams we've been missing out on bec

• But to quote the words of Alyssa Finley, that wouldn't 'resonate well with players'

It is implied that she talked to him before (Before going in the ranch) so they probably spoke on the train as well

• It has to be intentional, and I have a feeling that there’s going to be a choice to save either Louis or Violet again because of it.

I was just thinking about that earlier, I had forgotten that was one of Lee's potential last words to Clem before he dies until then. I alwa

• So, I was looking up screenshots of Jolene for reasons and naturally took a pretty good look at her face. That's when I noticed this:

:cold_sweat:

• Mud?

So, I was looking up screenshots of Jolene for reasons and naturally took a pretty good look at her face. That's when I noticed this:

• That's what I initially assumed it all to be, yes.
    But no--really look at it outside of what it's made of.

Melton23 posted: »

Mud?

• Idk, I can kinda see the playboy rabbit

That's what I initially assumed it all to be, yes. But no--really look at it outside of what it's made of.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.