Batman General Discussion Thread

With Batman Arkham City coming out yesterday (uk) and the 18th of October (usa) and with me finishing it yesterday i throught it would be cool to open a batman thread so go ahead and say anything you want about batman you can talk about the games comics movies anything batman you can even make reviews of it ill start

Review of Batman Arkham Asylum

Story - The Joker breaks out of arkham and lets Batman capture him and bring him back but as Batman thinks it was too easy and thinks Joker is up to something he is proven Right as Joker takes control of arkham and kills many guards unleashes all of the inmates with the help of Harley Quinn and the inmates being killer choc Scarecrow and more of the villians from batmans past and with the pain of the riddler who makes batman solve all his riddles..its gonna be one big night for the dark knight

Gameplay - just belive me this is one of the best comic book games and it feels like you really are the dark knight as you fight,do puzzles and solve riddles it is really good gameplay

Overall - it is one of the best batman games if not one of the best comic book games made and if you can i would say ether get it along with the sequel Arkham City or if you can find it just get it so Batman Arkham Asylum gets a 9.0
Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 2011
    whats batman
  • edited October 2011
    I can't believe how long this game is
  • edited October 2011
    tredlow wrote: »
    whats batman

you are doing it wrong. You are supposed to say:
    Who's batman

and then I say:
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I'm Batman
  • edited October 2013
    DAISHI wrote: »
    I can't believe how long this game is

Which one? Arkham City or Arkham Asylum?
  • edited October 2011
    whats batman

A bit like Manbat, only not.
  • edited October 2011
    batman_parents_dead.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    I bought a Batman costume for a Halloween party tomorrow. Couple that with my amazing Batman voice, and you've got yourself a genuine goddamn Batman.
  • edited October 2011
    I bought a Batman costume for a Halloween party tomorrow. Couple that with my amazing Batman voice, and you've got yourself a genuine goddamn Batman.

it sounds easy to do a batman voice all you gotta do is say in a christen bale batman voice...

IM THE BATMAN and top it off with a nice im not the hero gotham derserves but im the hero gotham needs :D
  • edited October 2011
    My son just recently got a Batman costume for Halloween. He's super excited. He runs around in it and keeps saying "I'm Batman!" He's also 3 years old.
  • edited October 2011
    Found this to be completely awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48i7-nJbHbc
  • edited October 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »

Agreed.

Arkham City is one of the best games I've played this year.
  • edited October 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »

Thus is probably the best thing ever. And I'm not saying this only because I'm a metalhead. It's just freaking awesome.
  • edited October 2011
    Just beat Arkham City. (Still need to go back and do a ton of sidequests, missions, etc.)

Wow.

Rocksteady has a pair of balls on them the size of New York City. That ending. That's exactly why Batman adheres to his principles.
  • edited October 2011
    I just recently got both Asylum and City, and am trying to platinum Asylum before moving on to City. All I have left is the campaign on hard, the challenges, and "Freeflow Perfection"(aka, all the hard stuff). So, it will be quite a while before I even set foot in City, but I am LOVING Asylum.

Also:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-arkham-city-proves-im-under-qualified-to-be-batman/

And:

funny-facebook-fails-bruce-who.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    SPOILER ALERT I am going to post a youtube link to the game's ending in my next post.
  • edited October 2011
    SPOILER ALERT I am going to post a youtube link to the game's ending in my next post.

Why not just post the link in this post and then put spoiler tags on it or something? Or just post the link and tell people it's spoilery. In one post.
  • edited October 2011
    I wanted to provide adequate super duper advance warning.
  • edited October 2011
    I wanted to provide adequate super duper advance warning.

the problem is: you lied.
    You didn't post the ending in your next post.

I love the credits of the game. *keeping it as spoiler free as possible*
    Only you.....
  • edited October 2011
    Extra spoiler-y talk begins here:
    Okay, I don't think Ra's and Talia are dead for good. For one thing, Ra's's(??) body is gone after the end, probably signifying that the League of Assassins retrieved his body. And if you take a look around Wonder City, you can see liquid Lazarus flowing through pipes. And I doubt that Ra's would only have one. He's a master strategist. And Talia's guard would've retrieved her. As for Joker...I don't want him to be dead, but it was such a fantastic end. And then there's the hint that Harley is carrying his child.

Less spoiler-y, when you're tracking down Zsasz, he's talking about how he lost everything he had at a card game with the Penguin. Zsasz says he showed a full house with 6's. Then the Penguin put down a straight flush from 3 to 7. Including a 6. Penguin is a cheating bas****.
  • edited October 2011
    There's no doubt in my mind that Ras and Talia can come back. They had an entire base of operations underneath the city, flowing with Lazarus. Joker though? Too good of a death and too meaningful, especially when the song plays afterwards. Hearing the voice of a dead man was creepy. No way should they try to bring him back, but I think it should have some significant impact on Batman in a future game.
  • edited October 2011
    I think that if they DO bring Joker back...it should be at the very end of the next game. Bringing him back right at the beginning would eliminate any drama that Batman has had to go through. However, there are potentials for other villainy after this game, what with Azrael's prophecies and of course, Hush. Not to mention Crane is still at large, Two-Face has to pull off something huge in order to not be seen as weak after getting trounced by Catwoman twice, Solomon Grundy can't die, Penguin'll be more furious than ever, and Gotham in general has to rebuild. The problem is...how can they top Arkham City?
  • edited October 2011
    I think that if they DO bring Joker back...it should be at the very end of the next game. Bringing him back right at the beginning would eliminate any drama that Batman has had to go through. However, there are potentials for other villainy after this game, what with Azrael's prophecies and of course, Hush. Not to mention Crane is still at large, Two-Face has to pull off something huge in order to not be seen as weak after getting trounced by Catwoman twice, Solomon Grundy can't die, Penguin'll be more furious than ever, and Gotham in general has to rebuild. The problem is...how can they top Arkham City?
    Most of the villains can come back. Ivy was only in this game if you have the Catwoman content, and if I recall correctly, Killer Croc did not get the beat down he deserves in the first game. Two-Face needs more screen time too. I'd love more Scarecrow, he was far and away my favorite part of the first game. I'd love to see how they'd implement Scarface somehow. An appearance from other non-Batman villains from DC would be neat as well... Solomon Grundy isn't typically considered a Batman villain, is he? Plus Harley blaming Batman for Joker's death and plotting revenge seems like a no-brainer for the next one. But really, man, I don't care what they do, after these two games Rocksteady could pretty much poop in a box and I'd buy it as long as it said Batman on the cover.
  • edited October 2011
    Sigh...I'm done with this thread.
  • edited October 2011
    Aw we ran MI out of here :(
  • edited October 2011
    I guess a page full of spoilers can do that. :(
  • edited October 2011
    MI will return! When he beats the game.
  • edited October 2011
    The game needs a Bat Credit card.
  • edited October 2011
    The main theme from the score. Fantastic music. Makes me get jitters. Glad I got the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsX1sHOnS1I&feature=related
  • edited October 2011
    The main theme from the score. Fantastic music. Makes me get jitters. Glad I got the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsX1sHOnS1I&feature=related

The soundtracks seems it took elements from Zimmer and Elfman. Wich I can appreciate.
  • edited October 2011
    Arkham City definitely has strong Zimmerman motifs and instrumentation. Some of the battle scenes use the same bass drum fade that Zimmerman used in the Dark Knight fade.
  • edited October 2011
    Arkham City definitely has strong Zimmerman motifs and instrumentation. Some of the battle scenes use the same bass drum fade that Zimmerman used in the Dark Knight fade.

Yeah I noticed that. The game is fantastic I just need to beat it..and then listen to the soundtrack.
  • edited October 2011
    I need to get the game before I can beat it. :(
  • edited October 2011
    I need to get the game before I can beat it. :(

Awwwww :(
  • edited October 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    The game needs a Bat Credit card.

A BAT CREDIT CARD? THEY GAVE HIM A BAT CREDIT CARD? THEY HAD THE ..... TO GIVE BATMAN ONE OF THE GREATEST HEROES OF ALL TIME A BAT CREDIT CARD!

i laughed out loud when i seen this part of the review
  • edited October 2011
    Chris: Ah yes: Batman and Robin, both hit with Ivy's pheromones, start trying to outbid each other for a date with Ivy, culminating in Batman pulling out his credit card. Batman's credit card. A credit card issued to Batman.

David: GOOD THRU FOREVER.

Chris: Complete with a "ka-ching!" sound effect. This is another thing that people hate and I love. Because in this universe, why WOULDN'T you give Batman a credit card? It ain't like he's not good for it. Keep in mind, this is after Ivy all but actually says "I will, no joke, f*** whoever bids the most." I believe her phrasing is "find the honeypot."

David: The credit card was probably issued by Wayne Enterprises itself!

Chris: Making it a "Gothcard" was a nice touch.

David: But then, Mister Freeze! attacks! And tells everyone to "Chill out."

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/07/05/batman-and-robin-movie-review/#ixzz1c0bL2cMP

The ComicsAlliance reviews of the Batman movies are great. Reading them all in a row, they actually make a surprisingly compelling argument that Batman & Robin is the most coherent of the four Batman movies of that era, in that it at least chooses a specific direction and then sticks with it.
  • edited October 2011
    I now have a desire to see more of the Joker at his most sadistic/hilarious. Any recommendations on good graphic novels to pick up? Or how about the Batman Year One DVD?
  • edited October 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    Or how about the Batman Year One DVD?

The Joker isn't in that one at all. Maybe this will help: http://comics.ign.com/articles/624/624619p1.html

EDIT: This looks like your best bet: http://comics.ign.com/articles/918/918936p1.html
  • edited October 2011
    If you don't read The Killing Joke you don't know the Joker.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.